Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,406 members, 7,781,181 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages (676 Views)

Senate Urges NCC To Sanction Telecom Service Providers Over Poor Services / MTN, 12 Telcos Face N5m Fine Over Unsolicited SMS, Calls / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by MillionDollars: 5:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) said it would not hesitate to penalize network providers that failed to keep its regulation on unsolicited messages to subscribers.
Tony Ojobo, the Director, Public Affairs, NCC, made the statement on Wednesday in Abuja in an interview with theNews Agency of Nigeria (NAN).
He said the commission would not support network providers to send unsolicited messages to subscribers on the ground that it infringed on the privacy.
He said that the commission was working tirelessly to ensure that such services are being curbed.
“The issue of unsolicited messages has posed a challenge which the commission has been contending with till today.
“An unsolicited text message gives a subscriber no choice to receive or not, so the commission had to intervene within the limits of its enabling laws and regulation.
“We have had series of meeting with the stakeholders and telecom operators on this issue; we cannot deny the fact that we had received series of complaints from subscribers; we are quite aware of it.
“We are in the process of Vast Technical Frame Work to keep track of those sending this unsolicited messages and to see that they are properly sanctioned,’’ Ojobo said.
He said that the commission would sanction network providers appropriately once they were able to identify the source of such unsolicited messages.
He added that some of the sources were untraceable for now because they were being sent through the internet.
“To protect the interest of the subscribers, the NCC in the past, has been able to protect and stop unsolicited messages whose sources we were able to identify.
“Those issues I believe will be resolved very soon with the series of meetings we are having with the telecom providers.
He said that the commission would not fail to also penalize any erring Value Added Service provider (VAS) that failed to comply with the commission’s guideline on unsolicited Short Messaging Services (SMS)to subscribers.

Source: www.bellanaija.com/2015/01/28/ncc-to-sanction-network-providers-over-unsolicited-messages/
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by guseman(m): 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2015
What about unsolicited phone calls from these operators especially Airtel and Globacom?

1 Like

Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by MillionDollars: 5:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
guseman:
What about unsolicited phone calls from these operators especially Airtel and Globacom?
lol! That airtel's own worse o. Chaii
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by Mistermamus(m): 5:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
pay fine n d nonsense still continues
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by BokoHaramm: 5:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
What about unsolicited phone calls and sms from APC data centres trying to hoodwink Nigerians with utopian freebies

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by Bawss1(m): 5:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
About damn time.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by acenazt: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
About time. Those calls too
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
guseman:
airtel own na die,imagine the number called me the other day,I no quick know say my phone was ringing, by the time I checked my phone minutes later,I felt it was an important call I missed,.....I then called it with my mtn number, Imagine say those folks removed my money... I no fit vex
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by ewosk: 10:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
tis long overdue...
haba so so annoying 3050, 4050,etc
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by chinchong: 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2015
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by Tbillz(m): 12:17am On Jan 29, 2015
Face off and #1500 airtime for NCC staffs only daily basis .......tempting abi?
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by aliyug79: 2:56am On Jan 29, 2015
BUY MTN DATA SHARED FOR ANDROID AND BB 10 @ CHEAPER RATE:
1GB...1200 NAIRA
2GB...2400 NAIRA
3GB ...3600 NAIRA.
Call 08053635768 & 08143285527.
thankz.
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by Warlord3000(m): 4:18am On Jan 29, 2015
This will be like the best news of 2015..

It's tiring already
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by timilehing(m): 5:50am On Jan 29, 2015
That's not their first time of saying it. You won't hear about it again after gbemu don enter dem pockets
Re: NCC To Sanction Network Providers Over Unsolicited Messages by henryobinna(m): 5:56am On Jan 29, 2015
what about outrageous data charge

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Generate Blackberry Imie For My Tecno M3 With Out A Pc / I Want To Buy A 32gb M Card Loaded With Hd Games Plus Otg Cable For My Andriod / Enjoy MTN Free 150MB And Surf The Internet Using Simple Server For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.