Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Is There A Way To Prevent Blighted Ovum Or Anembryonic Pregnancy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There A Way To Prevent Blighted Ovum Or Anembryonic Pregnancy (2846 Views)

Blighted Ovum: A Cause Of Miscarriage / How To Prevent Lassa Fever In Picture / 5 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy Without Using Condom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Way To Prevent Blighted Ovum Or Anembryonic Pregnancy by twinkling(f): 6:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
A friend of mine went for scan and it only shows the gestational sac without an embryo,she was asked to come back in the next two weeks for another scan and that she might start to bleed any time from now. Can something be done to prevent miscarriage or must she wait till the next scan to know her fate? Or is it that the embryo is not yet formed? Your advise will be appreciated. Pls note that she has been having morning sickness for over two weeks now
Re: Is There A Way To Prevent Blighted Ovum Or Anembryonic Pregnancy by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hi there, sorry about your friend's predicament. For now, she has to limit activity and try not to bend over or cause strain/stress to the abdominal muscles.

Also avoid foods that could cause constipation, if she's going to pass stool, let her not bear down as that could stimulate the vagus nerve

Increase intake of fruits/vegetables/water

Despite it all, she could still miscarry, please be there for her to help her make peace with the things she can't change and move on. Thanks for seeking help for your friend, I'm sure she appreciates you, best of luck to you both smiley
Re: Is There A Way To Prevent Blighted Ovum Or Anembryonic Pregnancy by twinkling(f): 8:30am On Jan 29, 2015
Thanks so much, I know this will be helpful,its just that it has not been easy especially with the morning sickness,pls is there a way to reduce the morning sickness without any damage to the pregnancy?

1 Like

Re: Is There A Way To Prevent Blighted Ovum Or Anembryonic Pregnancy by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
twinkling:
Thanks so much, I know this will be helpful,its just that it has not been easy especially with the morning sickness,pls is there a way to reduce the morning sickness without any damage to the pregnancy?
Awww don't worry she'll be fine, it's a normal experience. I have some ways she can but I figured it's best to give you a link so she can have different options, check the link below smiley

http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/pregnancy-childbirth/second-month/morning-sickness/24-ways-ease-morning-sickness
Re: Is There A Way To Prevent Blighted Ovum Or Anembryonic Pregnancy by twinkling(f): 11:56am On Jan 30, 2015
Ok, thanks, I will forward the link to her.

(1) (Reply)

How Lack Of Sleep Will Break You Down (pics) / My Dick Girth Has Reduced Drastically Please Help / Doctors Only Please---am Anaemic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.