Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested (36387 Views)

Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 / Photo:Gen.Obasanjo & Lt.Gen.T.Y. Danjuma With His Wife In Calabar On 14 May 1978 / US Cautions Dokubo, Tompolo, Others Over Inflammatory Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
A former Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma, has demanded the immediate arrest of some former Niger Delta militants for threatening to plunge the country into war if President Goodluck Jonathan is not re-elected in the February 14 election.

He stated this on Wednesday in Kano during the commissioning of the multibillion naira Kwakwasiya city, one of the three mega cities built by the administration of Governor Rabi’u Kwankwaso.

The leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force, NDPVF, Mujahid Dokubo-Asari; Victor Ben Ebikabowei, aka, Boy Loaf; Government Ekpudomenowei, aka, Tompolo; and other militants had last Saturday vowed to ensure that President Goodluck Jonathan, wins the February presidential election.

The former militant leaders and their followers, who spoke at a meeting in Government House, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, threatened to unleash violence on the country and take back Niger Delta oil should the president lose the election.

They also said any attempt to dethrone Mr. Jonathan would be seen as a direct attack on the Ijaw nation.
Neither the Federal Government nor the president, who is also Ijaw as the militant leaders, has so far reacted to the threat.

Describing the statements as “reckless,” Mr. Danjuma, a retired army general and former Chief of Army Staff, who fought in the Nigerian civil war, said the threats by the militants were not only against national unity but also capable of plunging the country into war.
He asked the security agencies and the government to immediately arrest them.

“You should arrest Asari Dokubo, Tompolo, Boylop and other Niger Delta militants for making reckless statements, which in any way does not mean keeping Nigeria as one entity and creating war situation,” he said.

The Nigeria Police Force and the State Security Service had recently threatened that they would move against anyone who makes inciting statements in the run up to the February elections.

But since the militants’ comments were reported on January 24, both security agencies are not known to have taken action.

Addressing the Yenagoa meeting, Mr. Dokubo-Asari deplored the alleged intimidation being meted to the people of Ijaw stock in Nigeria, saying the people cannot take it any longer.

He told his colleagues, “For every Goliath, God created a David. For every Pharoah, there is a Moses. “We are going to war. Everyone of you should go and fortify yourself.”

Mr. Dokubo-Asari, who condemned the attack on Jonathan in the north in the ongoing presidential campaigns, maintained that the survival of the Ijaw nation rests in the hands of the militants gathered at the meeting.

On his part, Boyloaf condemned the attack on President Jonathan in the north, saying nobody has the monopoly of violence.

He said there is nothing like one Nigeria, pointing out that oil is the only thing binding Nigeria’s diverse nationalities together.

While maintaining that President Jonathan would win the election, he however said if the north takes the power away from Mr. Jonathan, the people of the Niger Delta region would take their oil back.

He stressed the need for oneness of purpose among the people, urging them to keep their grudges aside and face the present challenges facing the Ijaw nation with solidarity.

”Keep grudges and sentiments apart. We are ready to match them bumper to bumper,” Boyloaf said.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/175825-t-y-danjuma-wants-dokubo-asari-tompolo-others-arrested.html

8 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by DickDastardly(m): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
T.Y already scared for his MultiMillion Dollars oil interest in Niger Delta?
Go and arrest them yourself. cheesy grin

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by SeverusSnape(m): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
Let him go and arrest them.
Instead of you to go and fight Boko haram, Besides, you're a soldier.
So you're now interested because of your oil blocs?
you're a northern leader, go and fight Boko haram, They are more dangerous.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by phlemzy: 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
FG will normally turn deaf ears to such threats since its coming from the president's boys. The likely consequence of their utterance is not of interest to even the Nigerian police.

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by seunmsg(m): 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2015
DickDastardly:
T.Y already scared for his MultiMillion Dollars oil interest in Niger Delta?
Go and arrest them yourself. cheesy grin

They can continue making reckless statements for the time being as they enjoy immunity under GEJ. When change comes to Nigeria on may 29, they will be arrested and prosecuted. Payback period is just around the corner.

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by DickDastardly(m): 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2015
seunmsg:

They can continue making reckless statements for the time being as they enjoy immunity under GEJ. When change comes to Nigeria on may 29, they will be arrested and prosecuted. Payback period is just around the corner.
We wait till then to see how you are gonna achieve that cheesy grin

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by Adetula1(m): 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
this is kind of leaders we have,who only speakout when it concerns or affect their wealth.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
phlemzy:
FG will normally turn deaf ears to such threats since its coming from the president's boys. The likely consequence of their utterance is not of interest to even the Nigerian police.

Even DSS and AIG have have not said anything rgds this.I wonder the type of security officers we have in this country.

20 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
Jonathan had better call these boys to order.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by dokyOloye: 7:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
The ppl U r calling their names are not on record to have committed any violent act in d recent past,even their so called Niger delta militancy is highly justifiable cos we all knw that this country would have disintegrated long ago if this oil U ppl r feeding on were to be in d Muslim north and they never went about killing ppl anyhow while they were at it.Meanwhile Buhari's kinsmen in d name of fulani herdsmen have significantly reduced and are still reducing Taraba ppl's population as we speak but it is not worthy of Danjuma's mention.
And I guess Kwakwanso,Junaid Muhammad,Lawal Keita,Arewa consultative forum,etc have been making peaceful statements?
Dude is just afraid of what will happen to his oil blocks in d Niger delta soon.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by eleko1: 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2015
sad miserable Niger delta miscreants.Jona won't win,heaven will not fall.I pity those youths they'll use for dis evil agenda. I believe that lazy,crazy Ogar is deaf/blind to dis threaten. NIG FOR SAI BUHARI tongue

13 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by DaBullIT(m): 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Let him go and arrest them.
Instead of you to go and fight Boko haram, Besides, you're a soldier.

Bros why nah , he's an ex minister and based on his experience I believe he made a right call it's left to commander of thieves to act on the call

He's old and retired he can't fight BH

7 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by faithugo64(f): 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2015
When buhari said the dog and baboon will all be soaked in blood,who arrested him??
Nigerians are confused,if really we want peace,lets pursue it.
Anyone who utters such rubbish should be arrested,irrespective of who/what the person is.

54 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by godsamist: 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2015
These are amongst the leaders who saw and conquer,those who plunge nigerians into untold hardship and til date are stil sucking the nation dry.
Blood has been wasting for years now in the north..no comment..when stolen wealth is been threating they starts coming out of their shell..God's judgment awits them all.

24 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by ogb5(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
TY Danjuma? I remember that guy, the one who was tasked to protect Aguiyi Ironsi but turned around and killed him. The guy who got a gift of an oil block from Abacha free of charge and sold it for 500 million US dollars.

When did Danjuma become patriotic?

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by SeverusSnape(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
DaBullIT:

Bros why nah , he's an ex minister and based on his experience I believe he made a right call it's left to commander of thieves to act on the call

He's old and retired he can't fight BH
You're right sir, But he's making this call because of his selfish interest, He owns oil blocs that's why. He's a northerner and should be on the fore front in the fight against BH. He's retired, Yes, But he can provide logistics as an experienced military man.

17 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by dokyOloye: 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
ogb5:
TY Danjuma? I remember that guy, the one who was tasked to protect Aguiyi Ironsi but turned around and killed him. The guy who got a gift of an oil block from Abacha free of charge and sold it for 500 million US dollars.

When did Danjuma become patriotic?
I wonder ooo,this crook personifies what is wrong wt Nigeria.In sane climes,dis man shld b in jail serving a life sentence.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by DaBullIT(m): 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You're right sir, But he's making this call because of his selfish interest, He owns oil blocs that's why. He's a northerner and should be on the fore front in the fight against BH. He's retired, Yes, But he can provide logistics as an experienced military man.

If GEJ asked politely I'm sure he'll help

2 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by SeverusSnape(m): 9:03pm On Jan 28, 2015
DaBullIT:

If GEJ asked politely I'm sure he'll help
Yeah

2 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by coolluk(m): 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
grin
Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by ayukdaboss(m): 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by tola9ja: 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
Open letter to Jonathan supporters.
Dear Jonathanians,
If you like, tell me that Buhari went only to almajiri school, I will still vote for BUHARI.
Tell me that Buhari never attended any school before. I will still vote for Buhari.
Tell me Buhari was actually raised in the Bush by wild animals only. I will still vote for BUHARI.
Tell me Buhari is actually an Alien from mars I will vote for BUHARI.
Tell me that Buhari is actually 100 years old I will still vote for BUHARI.
Tell me that Buhari has a AIDS, EBOLA, MARBUG, HEPATISTIS, CANCER OF ALL HIS ORGANS, KURU, AND MAD COW DISEASE. I Will still vote for Buhari.
Tell me Buhari jailed every single Nigerian that was alive during his tenure,I will still vote for BUHARI.
Tell me that during Buhari's tenure people had to apply to government and get approval before they urinate, defecate, eat or drink, I will still vote for BUHARI.
Tell me during Buhari's tenure, couples must apply to government and get approval before they can make love, I will still vote for BUHARI.
Tell me that Jonathan Nigeria would be better than paradise in 4years if i vote Goodluck, I will still vote for Buhari.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by tola9ja: 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
FROM KATSINA STATE, TO ASO ROCK 2015,

how many APC members are online to type amen/ameen

13 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by tola9ja: 9:08pm On Jan 28, 2015
ABUJA..........Say BUHARI
LAGOS..........Say BUHARI
OYO..............Say BUHARI
OGUN............Say BUHARI
SOKOTO.........Say BUHARI
KANO..............Say BUHARI
BAYELSA..........Say BUHARI
KADUNA...........Say BUHARI
TARABA.............Say BUHARI
ADAMAWA.........Say BUHARI
OSUN.................Say BUHARI
AKWA IBOM........Say BUHARI
ABIA....................Say BUHARI
BAUCHI...............Say BUHARI
BENUE.................Say BUHARI
BORNO................Say BUHARI
CROSS RIVER.......Say BUHARI
DELTA..................Say BUHARI
EBONYI................Say BUHARI
EDO.....................Say BUHARI
EKITI....................Say BUHARI
ENUGU................Say BUHARI
GOMBE................Say BUHARI
IMO......................Say BUHARI
JIGAWA.................Say BUHARI
KASTINA................Say BUHARI
KEBBI....................Say BUHARI
KOGI.....................Say BUHARI
KWARA..................Say BUHARI
NASARAWA............Say BUHARI
NIGER....................Say BUHARI
ONDO....................Say BUHARI
PLATEAU................Say BUHARI
RIVERS...................Say BUHARI
TARABA..................Say BUHARI
YOBE......................Say BUHARI
ZAMFARA...............Say BUHARI.
If you love Nigeria send this to all you Contact to Safe Nigerians from PDP/GEJ premature Government.......as U have done these GOD will CHANGE your LIFE for good...

33 Likes 3 Shares

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by Rapmoney(m): 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
I swear, Danjuma is wasted!!!

2 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by vanunu: 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
eleko1:
sad miserable Niger delta miscreants.Jona won't win,heaaven will not fall.I pity those youths they'll use for dis evil agenda. I believe that lazy,crazy Ogar is deaf/blind to dis threaten. NIG FOR SAI BUHARI tongue

The threat is real and they are capable of castrating nigeria, the best thing is for nigerians to vote for gej.

13 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by pekeyim: 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
Stories for the gods

Everyone knows about TY Dajuma's Oil Blocks

I'm sure Nigerians by the day are seeing why the so called Boko Haram group has continued to thrive.

Nigeria doesn't belong to one region!!!

#Vote GEJ

There is nothing like change

Buhari, Babangida, Obasanjo, Abacha are the same group of Generals together they've ruled Nigeria for more that 50% of our History,No wonder we are this backward!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by Godisnear(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
Send them to Abba Morro's E-Prison

5 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by dokunbam(m): 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
Go and Get ypur PVC and turn all these arguments to vote

2 Likes

Re: T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested by Buchukwu: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2015
He should arrest them himself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigned Ohakim, Nyako And Son, Senator Abdul-aziz Nyako In Court (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Has Violated Bail Conditions –FG / Sanwo-Olu Set For Second Term, Wins 18 LGAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.