Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC (34767 Views)

Why You Should Choose Kano Instead Of Abuja & Akwa Ibom During NYSC Registration / NCCF Family House Demolished In Zamfara / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Stay In Family House During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by talk2cj08(m): 8:18am On Jan 31, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

Sure, but not like NCCF I guess.
My guy NACC was something else during my service year, papo dating mamo at a point d catholic bishop have to throw dem outa d lodge. I was in NCCF but i didn't stay with dem cos of there mentality and different christian background eg our papo was busy enforcing deeper life doctrine on someone like me dat has christ embassy background
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by joanpinkie(f): 8:43am On Jan 31, 2015
hmmm i stayed in family house at Ondo then, nah so the assistant Mamea turn me to housegirl. Early morning she will pack the whole plate wey thm use chop make i wash. I do the washing morning and night because we were just two girl during my own batch, and the other babe too dey travel. I will sweep and wash plates . Omo i gas to run oo when the thing becomes too much.

But generally i enjoyed when i was in the family house
I go for early morning mass and had a lot of frnds to play ludo with. Infact i was closer to God.
When i left hmmm , all my toasters had chance to come n be yaning nonsense.

Another thing is that they made me secretary of NACC that restricted my movement alot .

And you can stay out late, or else you will have to answer to mamae
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by dexcira(f): 9:34am On Jan 31, 2015
plz is the nccf compulsory?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by angeloge247(f): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2015
Nccf was d best tin dat happened to me during NYSC.*senior friend*
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 10:02am On Jan 31, 2015
talk2cj08:

My guy NACC was something else during my service year, papo dating mamo at a point d catholic bishop have to throw dem outa d lodge. I was in NCCF but i didn't stay with dem cos of there mentality and different christian background eg our papo was busy enforcing deeper life doctrine on someone like me dat has christ embassy background
U donminit! shocked
I know members date codedly, but papo & mamo? That's some new shii. But again, I'm not surprised, conji na bastar*d nigga
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 10:25am On Jan 31, 2015
joanpinkie:
hmmm i stayed in family house at Ondo then, nah so the assistant Mamea turn me to housegirl. Early morning she will pack the whole plate wey thm use chop make i wash. I do the washing morning and night because we were just two girl during my own batch, and the other babe too dey travel. I will sweep and wash plates . Omo i gas to run oo when the thing becomes too much.

But generally i enjoyed when i was in the family house
I go for early morning mass and had a lot of frnds to play ludo with. Infact i was closer to God.
When i left hmmm , all my toasters had chance to come n be yaning nonsense.

Another thing is that they made me secretary of NACC that restricted my movement alot .

And you can stay out late, or else you will have to answer to mamae
Our rule was after eating, you must wash your plate, lol. It's better if you ask me.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 10:33am On Jan 31, 2015
dexcira:
No, feel free to Xplore.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 31, 2015
chubbypearl:
Lol...and the rules during genco ehn!but i wont trade those moments for anything!
some state excos sha can be very strict, bt mhen me too go go form strict for sub zone excos. It was fun, served as a zonal sec.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Pilotman(m): 11:22am On Jan 31, 2015
I stayed in the family house and it was a nice experience.

There are a lot of rules though, but they are there for the good of all. and it is only an undisciplined person who would not like to abide by the simple rules of life.

you can never be lonely and you make friends with people you can trust.

and It's not advisable to go and stay alone in the town Where you don't know anybody. you may be ill and nobody around to help.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Odunharry(m): 11:30am On Jan 31, 2015
dexcira:
dnt think so
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Bloomingbud(f): 11:34am On Jan 31, 2015
RCCF family house sokoto was fun, I didn't want to stay there but I was forced to as it is compulsory for excos to stay in the house.

Staying in family house has to do with a lot of commitment, you do a lot of fellowship work that you won't even have time for yourself, fellow sisters will insult you for asking them to follow the rules and reg. but it was fun.

Family house really helped me spiritually cos of the daily devotion and other spiritual exercise.

RCCF Sokoto..the house hold of faith.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 31, 2015
Advertico:
some state excos sha can be very strict, bt mhen me too go go form strict for sub zone excos. It was fun, served as a zonal sec.
You got me laughing. Transfer of strictness. I was the Zonal Prayess anyway. I was also strict with the sisters, especially when going to the bathroom. God Bless NCCF IKWO.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by obinoral1179(m): 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2015
NCCF family house akamkpa, is the best place to stay. I was called to office as the first born and financial secretary and later I was called into the office as a sub zonal secretary and also the financial secretary of the zone. The only place that give me joy is the family house and am proud to belong there. As am writing this am in the Zonal rural rugged and am planning to hand over tommorow, over 8 month of service to God and humanity. I love this family and they mean so much and I will forever be grateful to God for connecting me with like minds and they have change my life. Shout to Cross kopa , akamkpa family house and Awi sub zonal. Becoming a G's tomorrow. All glory to God.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by obinoral1179(m): 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
dexcira:
its not compulsory but its good

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by dexcira(f): 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=XtraSmooth404 post=30295931]
No, feel free to Xplore. tnx
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by obinoral1179(m): 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2015
Gracepek1:
You got me laughing. Transfer of strictness. I was the Zonal Prayess anyway. I was also strict with the sisters, especially when going to the bathroom. God Bless NCCF IKWO.
I was the zonal financial secretary, now during zenco meeting we dey form muscle because we are discipline and we need things to be in order especially report and as the financial secretary I sabi used excel by force. Will be bowing out tomorrow. I love this family so much.

NCCF will not die
Calabar family house will not die
Akamkpa family house will not die and most important men and brethren will never die.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by mcdokwe(m): 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
NnamdiN:
Try NCCF and you'd think you were back to primary school. One month with them was "hell". Somebody wearing the same khaki as me asking me to stand and give reasons why I didn't attend fellowship, after reluctantly standing o, he said I was folding my hands and that it was disrespectful. Nysc/nccf asiide, I for break that small boy head.
I stayed that long coz I didn't have a ppa.
I'd never stay in a family house(whatever the benefits)
that is where respect, obedience to constituted authority and self discipline comes in
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Phils: 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2015
If you don't stay in Family House, participate in the activities. It makes the service year eventful.

Family House activities may be the only stuffs you will earnestly miss after the service year. It is the only chance you have to service the Almighty as a Corp member, and they are priceless moments. You can't have it again.

Who no know, no go know.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Gptech(m): 2:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
Phils:
If you don't stay in Family House, participate in the activities. It makes the service year eventful.

Family House activities may be the only stuffs you will earnestly miss after the service year. It is the only chance you have to service the Almighty as a Corp member, and they are priceless moments. You can't have it again.

Who no know, no go know.

I can't image NYSC without NCCF. I really miss my Family house. No pretending, it was d ideal family. Really wish for reunion one day.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Gptech(m): 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2015
For those complaining of bad experiences in the family house, know that it is relative and not the same every where. So stop generalizing and discouraging others. For leaders in fellowship, know that u are not greater than anybody because of your office. Know how to address everyone with respect and humility. You were not chosen because you are the best. And know that GENCO is not a battle ground.
To everyone, kw that people like you that make things work. Ensure you do your part to make things easier for posterity.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by adebusola09: 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2015
Really enjoyed my stay at the NCCF family house . Though each day came with its own challenge. Firstly i had t learn aw to speak in public cos am a shy person. Secondly i as someone who want to grow spiritually i had to learn aw to interprete d bible though it all abt listening t God on what he wants u t speak on and there is no way u wont be called to preach for 30min in the morning for devotion. Thirdly, had t learn aw to cook cos i didnt know aw to cook for myself not to d extent of cooking for 8 to 12 people nd there is no way ur name won't be included in the roster. I was intimidated cos every lady at the family house could cook even d guys could cook. I had t learn to cook by being humble cos u just ve t ignore the insults from people teaching just to learn. Thanks to God and the ladies in d family house, i started visiting blogs like dobbyssignature where i finally learnt aw to cook very well nd now am a good cook 1 year after NYSC. Fourtly, i had to put up with pple from different background, got used t d way some pple behave cos if u don't, u will surely fight everyday cos u don't expect everyone t behave like u, though it took me me a long time t know dat u ve to get used t pple's behaviour in order t leave peacefully. I fought with everyone at d family house starting from d papa t the Tos man.
Finally, i learnt aw t call people i meet sister.. brother.. even if they aren't older than u.
NCCF taught me so many things nd it has made me d woman I am today. NCCF SHALL NEVER DIE HALLELUYAH RURAL RUGGED WILL NEVER DIE HALLELUYAH

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by uvoh(m): 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2015
Nccf?.........here goes

from the mundane to the sacred, Nccf gave me so much, its going to be an Herculean task to reel out all the effect of staying in Nccf family house and in general what Nccf as a body has done my life.
And don't start thinking that this is one of those stoned sanctimoniously pious Christian 'bror' that did morning cry everyday of the week back on campus. oh no! sadly, u are mistaken.

I was the quintessential rebel who questioned all forms of authority and a strong advocate of the philosophy 'live and let live' but Nccf changed all that.
of cause I felt caged; felt bundled in a religious box. of cause being punished by a male or female corps member that chances are you are older than barking orders and monitoring you felt so alien to me but my God it sure sculptured my life

I learnt about Christ in the deepest form ever! I was given the bible bones to chew; not meat like we have in our home churches; I mean dry, fire licked bones. I learnt how to control myself and how to find myself back when I wonder from the pathway. its even strange that I am talking like this.

Nccf was worth every minute I gave to it. I met great people; brothers, sisters, mentors and friend; I learnt new things and it gave me a platform to understand my purpose in life and God knows am not alone with these facts. let me stop myself cos have already written an episte.

Nccf will never die.........

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by pweetiedee(m): 8:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
sweetstuff20:
so privacy means needing time alone with a partner?
don't mind him jo. i lived in my parents house tru awt ma university days. so i want freedom, wanna knw wat it feels like living alone. dats just it.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 9:54pm On Jan 31, 2015
pweetiedee:
don't mind him jo. i lived in my parents house tru awt ma university days. so i want freedom, wanna knw wat it feels like living alone. dats just it.
grin we are saying the same thing, I was just blunt with the truth. You went to UNIVERSITY from ur parents house, and now u wanna feel what's like stayin alone abi? I dey laugh. Been there, done it.
Nice dimple, by the way wink
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by pweetiedee(m): 10:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

grin we are saying the same thing, I was just blunt with the truth. You went to UNIVERSITY from ur parents house, and now u wanna feel what's like stayin alone abi? I dey laugh. Been there, done it.
Nice dimple, by the way wink
am nt gonna do anyfin bad...lai lai. i just want freedom. thanks. Nice lips too grin
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by XtraSmooth404: 8:40am On Feb 01, 2015
pweetiedee:
am nt gonna do anyfin bad...lai lai. i just want freedom. thanks. Nice lips too grin
Oh, thanx too, grin. I can imagine what's on ur folks mind considerin how pweetie u r.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by hriz(m): 6:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
Basically Fam house is cool, especialy d likes of NCCF, NACC, tho in ogun, bt a month or 2 there would be enough just to build a family, n frnds.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by hriz(m): 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
Phils:

Who no know, no go know.
I sabi una type! Dy do brother n sister for house,! Supressing ur eagerness to explore! Abeg flexin in d new town makes service year eventful! Meet under g runs! Not d 9pm lightout rule, no shorts, no ds no dat,! Abeggi priceless moments koh! Lols
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Phils: 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
Gptech:

I can't image NYSC without NCCF. I really miss my Family house. No pretending, it was d ideal family. Really wish for reunion one day.
I love this family of God. I yearn to dance/sing the family song again.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by Phils: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
hriz:

I sabi una type! Dy do brother n sister for house,! Supressing ur eagerness to explore! Abeg flexin in d new town makes service year eventful! Meet under g runs! Not d 9pm lightout rule, no shorts, no ds no dat,! Abeggi priceless moments koh! Lols
See this young man. Lolz... Abeg look for the nearest family house and experience freedom in His presence.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by hriz(m): 2:58pm On Feb 02, 2015
Phils:

See this young man. Lolz... Abeg look for the nearest family house and experience freedom in His presence.
d set of pple u find @ the family house after d first 3mnths r d socially awkward, pretenders, stingy ones infact greedy and d weak who digest rumours n share it in bulk sms! ds r facts i gathered randomly at sme fam houses n currently i.live sum blocks frm a family house in sango! me be adventurous guy soo i love exploring tho
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Consider Staying In Family House During NYSC by TheIkoro(m): 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
XtraSmooth404:
Last night I took a trip down memory lane. I couldn’t help but smile at my experience: the good, bad, ugly and dirty! I’m not much of a writer, but somehow I just wish I can pen down everything in details.

Last time I checked, it’s almost two (2) weeks to sum it up to year I had my POP. I decided to share a few reasons for prospective corps members who haven’t made up their minds about accommodation ish, and why you should consider staying in family house. Mind you, there are stringent rules to be obeyed, but then I kinda feel the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages for a corper relying on your allowee.

Coming from someone who stayed both in the family house and corper’s lodge for a reasonable length of time, I see the following reasons as advantages one can benefit from.

(1) SPIRITUAL GROWTH: For a graduate with Christian upbringing and who honestly wants to live a Christ-like life, the family house is the best place you can think of. Prayers and worship are usually not less than twice in a day.

(2) LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE: As a member of family house, you may be elected for various offices such as the President, Vice President, Secretary-General, PRO, Treasurer etc. You stand to gain a whole lot from such leadership pedestal. Such leadership positions can be written on your CV and the activities involved could be referenced during behavioural interviews.
In addition, all the CLO during my service year were staying in the family house.

(3) FIRST-HAND INFORMATION: This is sequel to point (2) above. The CLO is a corps liaison officer. Information on clearance, POP date & venue, NYSC-related matters, etc passes from the CLO to the immediate occupants of the family house before it gets to the ‘Ordinary Corper’ in the same village/town.

(4) SAFETY: Family houses are safe to a reasonable extent. There are rules to be kept to ensure everyone’s safety.

(5) CULINARY AND HANDCRAFT SKILLS: This is where we know the potential wife materials, lol. There are ladies on the cooking roster that you just wish they could be made to cook every day! They cook so well that you can’t help but beg for more. On the other hand, there are names you see on duty and be like ‘’guy, make I reach Express chop, na Princess dey kitchen today o!
The good thing is you will be made jest of, but in the long run, you must learn. Also, anyone who is eager to learn bead making, wire works, and all that ish is opportune to learn, most times for free!

(6) HAVEN FOR NURSING MOTHERS: There are willing corpers who would happily babysit your cute baby while you sleep, wash or go out.

(7) RELATIVELY CHEAP: With monthly subscription fee ranging from N4,000 to N6,000, depending on your location, you are guaranteed a decent two-square meal and a place to sleep. Just move in with your clothes, toiletries, laptop, etc. You need not bother about buying pots, stove, palm oil, and general foodstuff. Just subscribe and enjoy. You can get your personal provisions though.

(cool REFERRALS: Staying in family house means you’ll be present in church often and also join the youths in various activities. You get to be seen by people and trust me, you never can tell who’s WHO amongst the congregation.

(9) YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE: This is self-explanatory, wherever you wanna go, even if it’s just a casual stroll, there’s always someone interested in same thing. Just make sure if you are a guy, you don’t always hang out with a particular girl, cos everyone will assume you two are dating. Bottom line is wonderful friendship is established there.
There are entertainment gadgets like TV, DVD, GoTV or games to add fun to your stay.

(10) POST-NYSC: You could always show up at the family house even after POP. Maybe you need a place to stay for that important interview or aptitude test, you don’t have to feel stranded.

"Xtra" Smooth Criminal indeed.

Thou may CONtinue to extra-smoothly CON the gullible and the fool with all the CONquest of thy CONceit.
That thou may remain with absolutely neither the fear of GOD, nor any regard for
His commandments; but rather with thy whole duty the worship of thy master, the root of all evil.

- Ikoro Iyineleda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Male Corper Proposes To Fellow Corper: In The Spirit Of Val (Pics) / We Won’t Scrap NYSC, Says FG / Corps Members On A Fun Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch **PICTURES**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.