Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! (31130 Views)

I Am Going Through Difficult Moments / 2 Words Never To Say To Someone Going Through A Crisis / Is This Ever Possible And Anyone With Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 6:35am On Apr 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

Hi Doc,I need some advice o. Am due but am not feeling any serious contraction and my doctor told me today that if by Tuesday nothing serious happens I will be admitted and labour will be induced. Please advice me on some home inducement I can engage in to speed up the process and meanyl my baby has been restless and moving actively in the womb. I have been having some frequent urination as well. I have phobia for hospital beds and equipments,by God's grace I will deliver soonest but to be on the safe side,please advice
Walk around.Take strolls around your street-walk some distance,back and forth.
Make love.Get together with your hubby everyday from today if you can.Making love releases a hormone called oxytocin which helps to induce labour.Also from time to time,rub your n1pples.You can also get your hubby to suck on them.It stimulates the hormone too.
Don't know about this but they say spicy foods can also stimulate your tummy and encourage labour so you could try that out.
Wish u safe delivery.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 7:17am On Apr 10, 2015
thorpido:
Walk around.Take strolls around your street-walk some distance,back and forth.
Make love.Get together with your hubby everyday from today if you can.Making love releases a hormone called oxytocin which helps to induce labour.Also from time to time,rub your n1pples.You can also get your hubby to suck on them.It stimulates the hormone too.
Don't know about this but they say spicy foods can also stimulate your tummy and encourage labour so you could try that out.
Wish u safe delivery.

Ok thanks. My hubby isn't around but I will work on the rest.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 7:34am On Apr 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

Ok thanks. My hubby isn't around but I will work on the rest.
Hope you are not alone in the house.Someone that can move you out should be there in case labour starts.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2015
thorpido:
Hope you are not alone in the house.Someone that can move you out should be there in case labour starts.

My dear,with that only God will send my helper ooo,I live with my mother inlaw and the woman no send me at all. My father inlaw who shows little concern said he will be traveling tomorrow and my mother inlaw is always busy with her shop. Even when she's home she doesn't even treat me like am existing.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

My dear,with that only God will send my helper ooo,I live with my mother inlaw and the woman no send me at all. My father inlaw who shows little concern said he will be traveling tomorrow and my mother inlaw is always busy with her shop. Even when she's home she doesn't even treat me like am existing.
Na wa.It is well.How far is your hospital to your house?Well as a first-timer,labour will be a bit prolonged but once you feel contractions coming or you see 'show',get moving to the hospital.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
thorpido:
Na wa.It is well.How far is your hospital to your house?Well as a first-timer,labour will be a bit prolonged but once you feel contractions coming or you see 'show',get moving to the hospital.

My hospital is very far from my house ooo,but like u said I case of anything I will start moving
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
thorpido:

My hospital is very far from my house ooo,but like u said I case of anything I will start moving. I have been feeling abdominal pains tho especially at night but it's usually on and off.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 9:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
Juzzybabe:

My hospital is very far from my house ooo,but like u said I case of anything I will start moving. I have been feeling abdominal pains tho especially at night but it's usually on and off.
Many cases of onset of labour starts in the night.I hope the people in your house will take care of you if labour starts then.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
thorpido:
Many cases of onset of labour starts in the night.I hope the people in your house will take care of you if labour starts then.

I pray so too
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by ahnie: 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
@juzzy,its well.mine z different,my hubby is a busy engineer exec,but my brother inlaw,wife,mil,and sils always keep in touch.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by ahnie: 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
@doc thorpido,i normally hav these pelvic pains,and lack of interest in sex wit my husband.pls,wil it affect me during delivery?
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
ahnie:
@doc thorpido,i normally hav these pelvic pains,and lack of interest in sex wit my husband.pls,wil it affect me during delivery?
Regular sex is good in pregnancy as it helps to make delivery easier.
What causes the pelvic pains?Is it the pressure from the baby?
Why do you have a lack of interest in sex?
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
Juzzybabe.............news
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by ahnie: 5:39am On Apr 22, 2015
because i always get weak,i wont be able to garner my lost strenght after love making.i hav suspended Alex for almst two months now.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by ahnie: 5:41am On Apr 22, 2015
mrs juzzybae,ayam praying for a stress free delivery for you.Nne ebezina ooh.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by ahnie: 5:47am On Apr 22, 2015
doc,i fathom the pelvic pains,has to do with the activities of lil alex in my womb.but its not c-riouz tho.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 6:47am On Apr 22, 2015
ahnie:
because i always get weak,i wont be able to garner my lost strenght after love making.i hav suspended Alex for almst two months now.
You should still be able to manage it.You shouldn't be doing much work in lovemaking,let your husband do that.You should adopt a more passive position like side lying.Two months is too long o.
How many weeks are u now?

There will always be pelvic discomfort due to the baby but you should be able to manage it.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 7:55am On Apr 22, 2015
thorpido:
Juzzybabe.............news

wow!!! we did it!!! A bouncing baby girl on Monday morning. am gonna share my birth story wit u soon

14 Likes

Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 8:04am On Apr 22, 2015
Juzzybabe:

wow!!! we did it!!! A bouncing baby girl on Monday morning. am gonna share my birth story wit u soon
Wow,congrats.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by esof1(f): 8:18am On Apr 22, 2015
Congrats Juzzybabe.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Onegai(f): 8:27am On Apr 22, 2015
@juzzybabe woohoo! grin well done mama!

For the rest of my pushing mums who can't sleep, try relaxing. Naija is a stressful place and recently I was under a massive load of it. So my gynae prescribed Lexotan (I didn't take it as I felt its risks outweighed its benefits and luckily she had a rethink and agreed with me, so I went on bedrest).

Hubby and I checked into some hotels in Lagos. The fact that we were not worrying about generator, light or no light, pump water to the tank and treat it, something has spoilt somewhere, what to cook, traffic etc was incredible. He and I slept well, I slept through the night for the first time in months. We went swimming (perfectly safe as it is a low-impact exercise and the breaztstroke really builds your back muscles particularly in 3rd trimester, don't swim freestyle and float and walk around in the water, just relax and let it lift you) and I slept even better that night.

We got back home yesterday and are already not sleeping well again (no light and our neighbours whom we share a meter with waited for us to go and enter traffic and pay the light bill rather than take the initiative). So we may head back (btw some hotels are doing promos, especially the business ones so you can get some rooms decently priced).

If regular se. x isn't possible try a massage down there with your fingers (I believe it's called ante-perineum massage ) it expands those muscles.

We don't really do ante-natal in Nigeria well, no doctor here had heard of sciatica when I had mine over a month ago (it's what causes bad pains in your legs and pelvis) and were quick to declare I was having premature contractions (common in first time preg) and prescribe bedrest, drip, sleeping pills and all sorts undecided my sister got me a gym ball and taught me how to sit differently (especially when entering a car).

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 9:48am On Apr 22, 2015
Onegai:
@juzzybabe woohoo! grin well done mama!

For the rest of my pushing mums who can't sleep, try relaxing. Naija is a stressful place and recently I was under a massive load of it. So my gynae prescribed Lexotan (I didn't take it as I felt its risks outweighed its benefits and luckily she had a rethink and agreed with me, so I went on bedrest).

Hubby and I checked into some hotels in Lagos. The fact that we were not worrying about generator, light or no light, pump water to the tank and treat it, something has spoilt somewhere, what to cook, traffic etc was incredible. He and I slept well, I slept through the night for the first time in months. We went swimming (perfectly safe as it is a low-impact exercise and the breaztstroke really builds your back muscles particularly in 3rd trimester, don't swim freestyle and float and walk around in the water, just relax and let it lift you) and I slept even better that night.

We got back home yesterday and are already not sleeping well again (no light and our neighbours whom we share a meter with waited for us to go and enter traffic and pay the light bill rather than take the initiative). So we may head back (btw some hotels are doing promos, especially the business ones so you can get some rooms decently priced).

If regular se. x isn't possible try a massage down there with your fingers (I believe it's called ante-perineum massage ) it expands those muscles.

We don't really do ante-natal in Nigeria well, no doctor here had heard of sciatica when I had mine over a month ago (it's what causes bad pains in your legs and pelvis) and were quick to declare I was having premature contractions (common in first time preg) and prescribe bedrest, drip, sleeping pills and all sorts undecided my sister got me a gym ball and taught me how to sit differently (especially when entering a car).
@bolded.That's not true.Next time say the doctor you saw.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 6:44am On Apr 25, 2015
MY BIRTH STORY

After I had passed my EDD which was 15april,I was feeling so downhearted and filled with anxiety expecting my baby. To God be the glory,on Sunday 19 April,I started feeling cramps in the morng after mass. I came home and slept after a while,I went to urinate and to clean up I saw a flow of brownish discharge. it wasn't the colour of the usual blood show I have heard of. I wanted to call my doctor but I was afraid he might ask me to come to the hospital. in as much as I wanted my baby,I have a serious phobia for hospitals and I was secretly planing a home delivery. later that day I went to urinate again I saw blood,no mucus just normal blood,I got even scared as the cramps now had a 15 min margin instead of the 30min previously. I called my doctor n he said I should come to the hospital for check up. I arrived the hospital around 7:25pm and I was immediately taken to labour ward,fear got me and I told them I wasn't there for labour that all I came for was check up and to go home. But I was told there is no turning back in labour ward. I didn't know what check up means until the doctor had his two finger going in to check,I screamed and cry I fought like a baby that in the end the doctor couldn't get what he wanted. I pleaded I wanted to go home n lied I wasn't contracting. lol. meanyl the pain was increasing.
all the docs and nurses started pleading with me to be checked but I refused. I was scan,after the scan,result showed my water was very small too small to have the baby move well*surprising * by then I was contracting every 2seconds yet no water break,no blood show. I Later agreed to be checked when I cudnt stand the contraction but after the check up doctor said Inorder to save me and the baby,CS has to be done. I refused again but accepted in no time and it was done successfully to the glory of God by 2:55 am monday morng I delivered a beautiful baby girl. we were discharged yesterday from the hospital and we are both doing so fine. Thanks to all the mamas and papas in the house for your encouragements and advice. Thorpido our able doctor,wow! I bless God for u sir. May God give u more wisdom to excel even more in what u do.

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 7:42am On Apr 25, 2015
Lol at u saying you want to go home when labour had started.

Congrats once again.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by diviniti: 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
CONGRATULATIONS.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 9:43am On Apr 26, 2015
thorpido:

Congrats once again.

Yes oooo cheesy cheesy. Glad the Lord has always been on my side to wonders.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 9:47am On Apr 26, 2015
ahnie:
mrs juzzybae,ayam praying for a stress free delivery for you.Nne ebezina ooh.

Thanks dear the Lord has done it and he will keep doing it for all pushing mamas
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by proudmom38(f): 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
thorpido:

Congrats once again.
Kudos 2u sir,u re really doing a great job here...Pls I'm having dis pain at my pubic bone wenever i sit or lie down 4 long n want 2 get up n walk d pain wil be very unconfortable n I wil ve 2 stand 4 few minutes b4 I can move my legs.Pls wat culd be d cause n wat can I do 2 stop it? I'm in my 29wks a ftm too...Sorry 4 d long post.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by thorpido(m): 4:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
proudmom38:

Kudos 2u sir,u re really doing a great job here...Pls I'm having dis pain at my pubic bone wenever i sit or lie down 4 long n want 2 get up n walk d pain wil be very unconfortable n I wil ve 2 stand 4 few minutes b4 I can move my legs.Pls wat culd be d cause n wat can I do 2 stop it? I'm in my 29wks a ftm too...Sorry 4 d long post.
How long has the pain been and is it only when you sit or stay lying in one position for long that you feel it or it's there all the time?

At 29weeks, you are definitely in your third trimester and the weight of the baby will cause pain/discomfort in the pelvic region for most women coupled with the pressure in your lower back because of the protrusion.
What you need to do is to ensure you sit on a firm chair(not one that sinks in) everytime you sit and do not sit or lie in the same position for too long.You should also do light exercises for your back.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by kathy22(f): 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
Dr, am a ftm,in my 21st week. I have serious sore throat, pls what medication van u prescribe. Thanks
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by proudmom38(f): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2015
thorpido:
How long has the pain been and is it only when you sit or stay lying in one position for long that you feel it or it's there all the time?

At 29weeks, you are definitely in your third trimester and the weight of the baby will cause pain/discomfort in the pelvic region for most women coupled with the pressure in your lower back because of the protrusion.
What you need to do is to ensure you sit on a firm chair(not one that sinks in) everytime you sit and do not sit or lie in the same position for too long.You should also do light exercises for your back.
Thanks 4 ur prompt response sir..It happen wen I sit 4 long n want 2 get up,is like d weight of d baby is pushing down n I find it difficult 2 walk straight..It been going on 4 a week plus now.
Re: Anyone Pregnant Going Through This Or With Experience,please Help!!! by Juzzybabe(f): 11:41am On Apr 30, 2015
proudmom38:

Thanks 4 ur prompt response sir..It happen wen I sit 4 long n want 2 get up,is like d weight of d baby is pushing down n I find it difficult 2 walk straight..It been going on 4 a week plus now.

I suffered the same while in my 3rd term too but it's because I was always sleeping and not exercising,just what Thorpido has said,you might be needing more exercise. If you are not taking walks or engaging in minor house chores,please do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Laments As Late Husband's Family Members Abscond With ₦20 Million (Video) / Nigeria Man In South Africa Surprised His Wife With New Toyota Venza For Val / My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.