Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU (32360 Views)

LAUTECH Students Post Obituary Of Their VC, Prof. Sulaiman Gbadegesin (Photo) / LASU VC, Fagbohun In Naval Cadet Uniform (Photos) / New Waste Bins Used In LASU (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by lalasticlala(m): 10:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
The Academic Staff Union of Universities on Wednesday accused the Vice-Chancellor of the Lagos State University, Prof. John Obafunwa, of not possessing a PhD and holding two jobs.

Dr. Adesola Nasir, ASUU’s Zonal Coordinator for Lagos Zone, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos that apart from being LASU’s VC, Obafunwa was also the Chief Medical Examiner of Lagos State.

Nasir said it was an aberration to the laws setting up a university for it to be headed by a personality without a PhD certificate.

“The vice-chancellor could not run LASU as he ought to because he lacks the capability to do so,” the ASUU official said.

In his reaction, Prof. Obafunwa described the allegation of his non-possession of a PhD as “ignorance at its height”.

Obafunwa said if anyone was questioning his education as to the PhD/Fellowship issue, that person should contact the National Universities Commission.
The LASU vice-chancellor said the claim of the union was another demonstration of ignorance that requires no comments, stressing: “I need not enter into political discourse.”

Obafunwa listed some Nigerian universities with vice-chancellors in the medical field as the University of Ibadan; the University of Nigeria, Nsukka; the Federal University, Lokoja; Osun State University; and LASU.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/ASUU-accuses-lasu-vc-of-non-possession-of-phd-keeping-two-jobs/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
In borrowing APC words, they should go to court grin grin grin grin grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
Lwkmdo

E clear anyhow say e don red......

#spreads mat#

4 Likes

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Abduletudaye(m): 11:13pm On Jan 28, 2015
So this one sef no get Phd? Toh...

4 Likes

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by siegfried99(m): 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
Oga where is your certificate grin

We are in the season of certificate scandals. grin

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 28, 2015
The way people are looking for Certificates and this days ,u will think it will be the Official currency in 2050..

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2015
This people never said he was not running the university well or charged him for Embezzlement Oo..Pure hate..How can someone be a Prof without having a PhD first

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 28, 2015
Laugh this off Lolzzz....... Yesterday, I was
sitting in
the church, and it was time for offering so the
offering basket was passed around.
Despite d Pastor's charge for gud offering, I still
hurriedly and secretly pulled out N50 from my
pocket and dropped it. Just then, the person
behind me tapped me on the shoulder and
handed
me a N1,000 note. I smiled, then put d N1,000
majestically in the basket and passed it on,
then I
turned and thank d man seriously for being so
generous.
He replied "don't mention my dear, after all it
fell
off ur pocket"
Dat was the last money on me .I trekked home that DAT day.

178 Likes 28 Shares

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by macuwon(m): 12:09am On Jan 29, 2015
I'll be back later to read this... good night everyone.. its bedtime!
my comments MAY come in the morning
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Piloeternity(m): 12:25am On Jan 29, 2015
Iamsynord:
Laugh this off Lolzzz....... Yesterday, I was
sitting in
the church, and it was time for offering so the
offering basket was passed around.
Despite d Pastor's charge for gud offering, I still
hurriedly and secretly pulled out N50 from my
pocket and dropped it. Just then, the person
behind me tapped me on the shoulder and
handed
me a N1,000 note. I smiled, then put d N1,000
majestically in the basket and passed it on,
then I
turned and thank d man seriously for being so
generous.
He replied "don't mention my dear, after all it
fell
off ur pocket"
Dat was the last money on me .I trekked home that DAT day.
Its now dry!!! NEXT!!!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by immortalvoices(m): 5:51am On Jan 29, 2015
I have learnt a lot from the Buhari certificate
Insomnia.

Since it happened i started looking for all my
certificate.
In fact i have safely kept the receipt for my jamb
form,
admission and acceptance form lecture notes, textbook, photos in fact my signing out white vest of last year too. Who knows anybody may request for
it.

If
someone who schooled before independence can be ask to produce his certificate., who am I.

If you are lucky enough to still have your secondary
school
uniform exercise book PE shirt and sandal please keep it. Who knows any
clueless person can ask for it.

I JUST DEY FEAR NIGERIAN PEOPLE! (Typing this while falling asleep)

20 Likes

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by kingopta(m): 6:47am On Jan 29, 2015
So its now they wanna accuse him abi....why didnt they check his credentials before he was given the position... undecided

1 Like

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by SEYIKP(m): 8:44am On Jan 29, 2015
How on earth will a prof. not have PhD. we are in Nigeria sha were everything goes. oga show them your certificate and let sleeping dog lies.

3 Likes

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by PerfumeRepublik: 9:56am On Jan 29, 2015
Season of accusations and counter accusations

2 Likes

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by englishmart(m): 10:25am On Jan 29, 2015
maybe they don't even have certificates....

Or is it with the minister of Education?

2 Likes

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by jingh(f): 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
kukuruku

1 Like

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hehehe
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by MadCow1: 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
grin

Obago... grin

ASUU please verify GEJ's PhD as well because I can swear that he bought it... That guy might even still be collecting salary from UNIPORT as a lecturer. grin

6 Likes

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by noblealuu: 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
I knw where the PhD stuff is coming from, I think MBBCH

5 Likes

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by elantraceey(f): 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Nigeria !! A country were you can be anything with anything as long as you have money to throw around.

Smh
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Brymo: 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
no wonder their tution is as high as mt. Everest.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Looks like scandals are trending. Lemme start mine: Nneka123 is not human! She's an angel!!! And I can prove
it.
tongue

2 Likes

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by frodobee: 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lasgidi apc's analogue.

1 Like

Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by pekeyim: 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hmmmmm
More on that
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by eleojo23: 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
The moral of all these certificate issues is that everyone should keep his documents intact 'cos you never know the day the spotlight will be on you and it will be required.
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by chinchong: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by decode55(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lalastic grin
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nikapetrelli(f): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na now,una eyes open abi?Unto d next one
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Opiosko: 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
Tiffnibu boy
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by saasala(m): 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
Issokay
Re: LASU VC, John Obafunwa Has No PhD & Holds Two Jobs - ASUU by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University / Final Year UNILORIN Student Expelled For Writing Exam For His Girlfriend / Memo Targeted At Muslims, not Christians. - Katsina State University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.