Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) (46292 Views)

Boko Haram Leader, Shekau, Releases Proof To Show He Wasn't Injured In Military / Opinion Poll:was It Buhari's Body Language That Killed Alamieyeseigha? Yes Or No / Revolt Against Buhari, APC: 2 Former PDP Govs manipulated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 29, 2015
biafranqueen:
Trust me they are going to soon hang themselves with the rope the FG is giving them....The fraud is too muchoo!
If we check these I am sure it came from the same group of IP's. They will all join the General in prison for conspiracy soon.
I doubt your knowlege of Opera "IP". The IP you displayed is opera masked IP, did you not see that that same IP voted for GEJ? Why not analyse first before coming public? You, GEJ and AIT de fall hand seriously.

9 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Arysexy(m): 10:43am On Jan 29, 2015
[s]
suretman:
This is a Fake Report..

Please If you are using Blackberry, kindly check your IP through opera here> ip2location.com

It always 82....

AIT can't fool is here
[/s]

Shut up 82... is class A ip address for public. There are private domain ips and ips are classified from A, B,C to D

It's obvious the crooks in apc were using subnetted ip address of a particular ip to vote many times by changing d last octet.

Bastard apc crooks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Am4real20(f): 10:44am On Jan 29, 2015
I knew something was wrong somewhere,APC are manipulators that's why I don't like the party. They are not sincere and they expect sincere Nigerians to vote for them,God forbid.

7 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by wonlasewonimi: 11:06am On Jan 29, 2015
It's obvious the log was modified. Lets see the log on the original notepad log without your word and pdf update. The ip address was just put on excel spreadsheet and dragged down to highlight different ip addresses. AIT is hopeless!

7 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by emiye(m): 11:24am On Jan 29, 2015
Over 12,000 votes had been reported altogether before the alleged hacking. if one person voted 500 times, to what extent does that change significantly the voting trend ? If truly, multiple voting was permitted on the web page, then AIT ought to be ashamed for installing an online poll not credible enough. The full log of ip address should be released in original format via snapshots

3 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by FrankC3: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2015
LoveDecay:
Please provide the full data log. This information cannot be used to make a decision on who voted multiple times.

In response to AIT claim that a single IP voted for a particular candidate more than once, would be in my opinion 'Amatuerish'

Using the fragment of information you provided the IP 82.145.221.163 carries the hostname n11-02-08.opera-mini.net and is owned by Opera.

This should be the popular opera browser, which uses a proxy to handle request from it's users in a effort to speed up web browsing. Nigeria is currently amongst the top ten countries using Opera (opera has 240 million users worldwide)

So to claim, someone used a bot to repeatedly vote for a certain candidate is a weak claim. If you look at the image above, GEJ also received a hit from this so called bot (which in theory would not be enough to cover the tracks of a bot, if at all that was the plan)

You got it wrong somehow. Your python, Java and even Opera Mini are all applications, operating at the upper layer of the protocol stack. Please, take good note of that. Changing any protocol above layer 3 does not affect your IP cos IP itself operate at L3.

Secondly, if you want to place a request to a web page, like you want to vote on AIT poll, what you do is that you place a http request to the AIT destination IP address. Once you click send, from the network perspective, 2 things are important. Your destination IP address and your destination port number. Layer 4 to 7 are not important in the delivery of your web request. So again, it does not matter what application you used to place the request. MAC address cannot help AIT in filtering here because it is only useful in L2 switching and is local to the segment (if broadcast segment) and changes from hop to hop.

Finally, there are not many ways to change the source IP address (the important parameter needed for routing in the public domain). That is via Network Address Translation. Even a proxy server (which is what Opera Mini is working as here) emulates a NAT server. That means that the Opera Mini receives request from the end user and routes it to a destination request on behalf of the sender. This happens at network layer, not application layer which is where you Python exists.

If I step into an environment experiencing downtime and see that log posted there, I have enough reasons to put forward a prognosis and that will be that this server is undergoing a DDoS attack. What seem to be happening there is that a particular host is sending out torrents of request to the Poll server at milliseconds apart and the Opera Mini edge device is just load balancing the request across their server clusters. If the frequency of the request is relaxed, I expect to see more regular poll coming from a particular IP. Any network person looking at this evidence (not confirming whether it is cooked or not) will agree with me. And please, once again, Your IP address change is not an application layer issue, it is a network layer issue. The only unique thing about Opera mini in this case ( and any other browser similarly configured) is that in the proxy server settings space of the browser, the IP address of their load balancer in Iceland is input and so, it sends request there.

Solution? From network perspective, I will blacklist ALL public proxy servers out there, not just Opera Mini.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Justbright(m): 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
Bevista:
Shame on AIT.

My elementary Database knowledge tells me that they could have simply prevented that with a line of code.

Simply create a table (in ur DB) that stores the IP (or Mac address of the device) of every incidence of vote. Then before any body votes, you collect the IP or Mac and check in the table if it is already there. if no, then you allow the person to vote, else you deny and simply display the results.

This is so elementary that I doubt if this is the real reason. I dare them to correct it and bring it back and we will still embarrass them again.

#TeamGMB2015

my brother it all lie....dey knew GMB woon Dats y dey came wt a face-saaving excuses.....every online polls are hack-proof...let dem correct it and bring d poll back

2 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by MrEverest(m): 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is shameful, disgusting & condemnable!

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by ASL33: 12:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
naijaking1:

Jega was curiously quick to exonerate hacking of INEC data, and I wander why. I hope the government takes note of all this, because he is not looking totally neutral anymore.
His explanation is that their server is not connected to Internet.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by atlwireles: 12:43pm On Jan 29, 2015
Just read the APC pretentious IT experts, doing their best to cover up their crime. These are same crooks running yahoo yahoo in this country. What a bunch of shameless inbred criminals. Why can't you demons recognize a fraudulent voting scheme , coming here to explain what fuccking expertise? Useless Oluwole criminals most of you are.

6 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by sodams007(m): 12:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
LoveDecay:

So, how did you come about this record. Like i said the IP 82.145.221.163 belong to Opera mini browser. AIT should have the insight, from their site statistics. They should have known most Nigerians use the mobile phone to search and share information on the web, and in Nigeria Opera mini is quite popular.

This info is not privileged info everyone knows this. And, they should have expected this to happen. Which is why they could have used cookies, facebook , google, OPENID or twitter for authentication/permission before voting.

You're indeed learned on this issue.

This screenshot points to the fact that AIT was using the polls to support GEJ or assess their damage to GMB.

Why would AIT release such internal data without proper research on the topic..... Anything that suits their myopic view can be published.

GMB all the Way!!!

5 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Swegzfreak: 12:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
clevvermind:
that is what apc is known for. if their boss can forge result, what will the followers not do? APshit!

may God run ur life d same way jonathan dey run Nigeria. . .

3 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by clevvermind(m): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
Swegzfreak:

may God run ur life d same way jonathan dey run Nigeria. . .
may God kill your family the way buhari kills people...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by ellechrystal(f): 1:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
Remarkable:

My sister, o bughi obere ihe!

When you see likes on comments promoting Buhari or dissing GEJ, they are always the same total number of likes.... I know for sure a lowlife imposter that has uncountable screen names here on NL, and the funny thing is the attempt on giving each a different personality just for delusions of grandeur...
I opened a thread here on NL asking ppl who support gej to like this n ppl who support gmb to like that . I didn't click like at all o.. but to my greatest surprise I saw on the part of gmb that I liked the post. I was shocked. I clicked unlike beliv me it didn't work. . It means as u open d thread, it automatically likes the buhari part.i was so disappointed. I tried for more than 20 mins to unlike I couldn't. I couldn't even comment. But other comments were free to like n unlike.smh.. These guys r out to do anything just for power.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by ellechrystal(f): 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
atlwireles:
Just read the APC pretentious IT experts, doing their best to cover up their crime. These are same crooks running yahoo yahoo in this country. What a bunch of shameless inbred criminals. Why can't you demons recognize a fraudulently voting scheme , coming here to explain what fuccking expertise? Useless Oluwole criminals most of you are.
N they want to rid corruption, How will they, ? If they ever rule this country, online fraud go plenty . Because if they dare try to arrest these culprits they will b exposed.

4 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Swegzfreak: 1:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
clevvermind:
may God kill your family the way buhari kills people...

na ur papa buhari wan send abi who? Explain better. . . Oloshi, enemies of progress(EOP)
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by OgologoDimkpa: 1:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
GBTYO:

That APC hacking center is where the likes of Berem, Omenka, obiagelli, egift head to every morning in the name of going to work.
Chai! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by BokoHaramm: 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
LoveDecay:
Please provide the full data log. This information cannot be used to make a decision on who voted multiple times.

In response to AIT claim that a single IP voted for a particular candidate more than once, would be in my opinion 'Amatuerish'

Using the fragment of information you provided the IP 82.145.221.163 carries the hostname n11-02-08.opera-mini.net and is owned by Opera.

This should be the popular opera browser, which uses a proxy to handle request from it's users in a effort to speed up web browsing. Nigeria is currently amongst the top ten countries using Opera (opera has 240 million users worldwide)

So to claim, someone used a bot to repeatedly vote for a certain candidate is a weak claim. If you look at the image above, GEJ also received a hit from this so called bot (which in theory would not be enough to cover the tracks of a bot, if at all that was the plan)
an APC data centre employee bursted

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by hazyfm1: 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
LoveDecay:

THANKS FOR THE ENLIGHTENMENT I ALMOST BELIEVED

3 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by clevvermind(m): 1:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Swegzfreak:

na ur papa buhari wan send abi who? Explain better. . . Oloshi, enemies of progress(EOP)
i have already said it.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by mrofficial(m): 1:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
If I'm using a Swift internet modem, and my neighbour is also using a Swift internet modem, do you think our IPs will be entirely different? Joker. Same thing is what you can see there. Different people using Opera Mini to browse and you can see that the last ranges of the IPs in question are different.

2 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by joseph1832(m): 1:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
biafranqueen:
The recent online polls conducted by AIT, to find out how each presidential candidate will fare in the 2015 elections was hacked.The polls were going normally until there was a sharp influx of voting which suddenly crashed the site, so in the bid to fix the problem,the following was discovered.
One IP address voted 500 times for Buhari and another 13 IP different addresses voted for the same Buhari.
At the same,it should be remembered that the DSS had bursted 2 APC hacking centres in lagos and at there is an APCmedia centre in Abuja that pay online Hackers to monitor the Cyberspace.These centres should be originators of the forged statement of result and the doctored email response from Cambridge and others.
This is not the opposition we prayed for.
And I never occurred to you that some PDP goons might have voted for APC and Buhari to cast Buhari and the APC is a bad light?.

I thought you're smarter than this...
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by CaptainAmerica1: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

Stop. First GEJ didn't receive any hit from that ip address. Second, your mumbo jumbo about opera is just pure nonsense. ip describes a particular computer or modem while a web browser is just a software to browse the web. There is no conspiracy is a particular ip is using a particular web browser.

When you don't know something, it's best you keep quiet. Any learned IT folk will look at you as a joke.
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by MRLINGTON(m): 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
If only GEJ was heading..notin would av happened..we've seen all dis shii..how come they couldn't provide good security for d website? Does it mean security is bin lacked everywhere?? Y hasn't ur official website hacked?? Abegi all dis tins are just big big talks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Huffington: 2:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
Another APC lie busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by Splashme: 2:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=14pt]APC Ole, thieves[/size]

3 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by 9inches(m): 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
Simile: As desperate as APC

1 Like

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by hussein1586: 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=30pt]Android users
install my latest app from Play Store
Tech Trends Naija
Free news updates around the clock.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tech.trends.naija[/size]
Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by biafranqueen: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
FrankC3:

You got it wrong somehow. Your python, Java and even Opera Mini are all applications, operating at the upper layer of the protocol stack. Please, take good note of that. Changing any protocol above layer 3 does not affect your IP cos IP itself operate at L3.

Secondly, if you want to place a request to a web page, like you want to vote on AIT poll, what you do is that you place a http request to the AIT destination IP address. Once you click send, from the network perspective, 2 things are important. Your destination IP address and your destination port number. Layer 4 to 7 are not important in the delivery of your web request. So again, it does not matter what application you used to place the request. MAC address cannot help AIT in filtering here because it is only useful in L2 switching and is local to the segment (if broadcast segment) and changes from hop to hop.

Finally, there are not many ways to change the source IP address (the important parameter needed for routing in the public domain). That is via Network Address Translation. Even a proxy server (which is what Opera Mini is working as here) emulates a NAT server. That means that the Opera Mini receives request from the end user and routes it to a destination request on behalf of the sender. This happens at network layer, not application layer which is where you Python exists.

If I step into an environment experiencing downtime and see that log posted there, I have enough reasons to put forward a prognosis and that will be that this server is undergoing a DDoS attack. What seem to be happening there is that a particular host is sending out torrents of request to the Poll server at milliseconds apart and the Opera Mini edge device is just load balancing the request across their server clusters. If the frequency of the request is relaxed, I expect to see more regular poll coming from a particular IP. Any network person looking at this evidence (not confirming whether it is cooked or not) will agree with me. And please, once again, Your IP address change is not an application layer issue, it is a network layer issue. The only unique thing about Opera mini in this case ( and any other browser similarly configured) is that in the proxy server settings space of the browser, the IP address of their load balancer in Iceland is input and so, it sends request there.

Solution? From network perspective, I will blacklist ALL public proxy servers out there, not just Opera Mini.
So can you help us out in layman term embarassed grin

2 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by kindnyce(m): 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
FOR GIVING ROOM TO SUCH MANIPULATION CLEARLY SHOWS U GUYS AT AIT ARE NOT UP IN UR GAME...

YOU SHOWED U WERE NOT READY FOR A CEDIBLE POLL

WE ALL KNOW U WORK FOR PDP...AND THE CLUELESS ONE

SAY ANOTHER LIE...

CHANGE MUST COME FEBUHARI 14

2 Likes

Re: AIT Releases Proof Showing Its Poll Was Manipulated (Picture) by tdayof(m): 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
Only a computer illiterate Will believe this!!!

So who can't manipulate a PDF file. Too?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protester At Amnesty International Turns Placard Upside Down (Photo) / 'Buhari Must Go Protesters' Flogged In Kogi For Defacing Public Assets (Video) / Buhari’s Corruption Watch Begins To Yield Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.