Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) (18768 Views)

A Tale Of Old Enemies: Dasuki Arrest Buhari (1985) & Buhari Arrest Dasuki (2015) / 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled / Possible Newspaper Headlines After Feb. 14th Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Mogidi: 7:17am On Jan 29, 2015
For those of you who think we paint Buhari as an extremist Islamic jihadist, check out this cut out from 1985.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Mogidi: 7:18am On Jan 29, 2015
[size=15pt]Does Buhari still believe in Islamic economics?[/size]

How does it work, are we going to use templates from other Islamic countries like Pakistan and Iran?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by kay1one(m): 7:25am On Jan 29, 2015
Sad to say but only insanity will consider a man who ruled undemocratically in 1983 "change"!

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Bifwoli: 7:28am On Jan 29, 2015
I bet he now believes in frail economics....much like he is.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 29, 2015
Don't see anything wrong in him being an islamist

What I see wrong is him funding an islamic group called bo-ko-haram

Vote wisely
Vote for GEJ

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Tallesty1(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2015
kay1one:
Sad to say but only insanity will consider a man who ruled undemocratically in 1983 "change"!

8 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by GBTYO: 7:42am On Jan 29, 2015
Buhari dunce

10 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by podosci(m): 7:56am On Jan 29, 2015
Mogidi:
[size=15pt]Does Buhari still believe in Islamic economics?[/size]
how in the world is this an issue? Cant a man appreciate anything anymore?, Buhari also believed in the communist system of Governance but change his mind after the collapse of the soviet Union, I dare you to look for a pictures of Buhari and an imam or pictures of buhari in mecca or with any religious scholar....but GEJ visits different pastors every sunday and nobody complains, some of the pastors are even threatning to open the Gates of hell on the rest of us

147 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by jiggalo(m): 7:58am On Jan 29, 2015
Those who need change should ask the conductor
for their change....or maybe the pure water seller
will give them their change.

28 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by BokoHaramm: 7:58am On Jan 29, 2015
GMB has been a muslim fanatic from time immemorial, how can a leopard change its spot? We need to stave of this imposition of a zealot from some muslim fanatic like Tinubu on our national conciousness

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Bevista: 7:58am On Jan 29, 2015
So what? - Religious Bigots!

In this Nigeria currently, we have Islamic banks, Islamic Investment Funds, Islamic Schools, etc. Where they all promoted by Buhari?

Your cheap propaganda and smear campaign is simply making GMB more popular. AIT can tell you better.

Go get a life!

#TeamGMB2015

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by dhensity: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
who do we want Buhari

8 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by jingh(f): 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
can't argue with the brainless PDP anymore.
even if he denounce Islam, PDP will still ve some nonsense to spew.
PDP using religion and tribal difference to drive a wedge among citizen since goatloss became president.

Seun and his mod welldone

https://www.nairaland.com/2118941/video-goodluck-jonathan-evil-pdp#30230762 thus topic is anti - front page abi
check dis video before Jonathan bought FFK with future presidential pardon concerning the money he stole

VIDEO: Goodluck Jonathan & Evil PDP Rigging Machine
Will Fail In 2015 - FFK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=619ia_Xe-TA

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by timilehing(m): 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
samflexxy:
Don't see anything wrong in him being a islamist

What I see wrong is him funding an islamic group called bo-ko-haram
You must be deluded to have said that.

15 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Pedagogue: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by kingopta(m): 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
so u are comparing what happened then to now.....that's ridiculous

1 Like

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by bigbite: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
When the video was shown to the husband, his initial reaction was to dismiss the whole scene as a concocted fairy-tale- a sick joke that his haters had pulled, to embarrass and diminish him. How could his wife who had given him four beautiful kids and was there for him as ‘the rock of Gibraltar’ be caught in such a lurid act? His wife was a respected member of the Nigerian community in Maryland, United States and was the hardworking and successful manager of nurses in a reputable Washington DC hospital. But what he didn’t understand was that the video he was being shown had already gone viral and practically every member of the Nigerian community spread all over the continental United States had viewed it several times and were all shocked and filled with righteous indignation over such an embarrassing conduct by an otherwise happily married woman. The video, recorded by a sick and depraved lover of the Nigerian-American nurse, had shown the woman, her face clearly in view and well defined, in various stages of intimacy and to imagine a husband looking at the video of his wife in intimate moments with another man and having the same video seen by millions of people was too much for him to handle. He was seized by a paroxysm of anger and dread and went into shock. The wife, too, having known that the jig was up, was said to have also become suicidal and had to be kept for observation in hospital with the possibility of losing all that she had worked for in the United States- her marriage, her career and her children’s love and adoration, simply because she had allowed fleeting sexual emotions to dominate her thought process. continue reading and watch video at : http://sharebitemag..com/2015/01/sx-secrets-of-nigerian-wife-in-us.html#ixzz3QBolp5hD
Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by BokoHaramm: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
The God I serve will not allow Turkey to repeat itself in Nigeria of my time IJN

3 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by hazyfm1: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
WHO WILL NOT LOVE TO COLLECT LOAN AND PAY LESS AS INTEREST...

but we have grown pass that

[size=18pt]NOTHING CAN STOP CHANGE 2015[/size]

22 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by omenka(m): 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
The story reads:

Head of State, GMB, has said that Islamic economics distinguishes itself from the predominant western capitalist system because it respects rights of weak nations and eschews profiteering through high rates of interests.
.Now, someone should help me ask this poster what in God's gracious name is wrong with praising such a system of banking.

Given the realities of the time we are in, even the "Christian" FG stated in its fiscal policy for the year 2015 that it seeks to secure financial instruments of over $2billion from the Islamic Development Bank and this is due to the almost nonexistent interest rate charged by this bank, same reason GMB praised the banking system in the paper on display.

This op needs psychological evaluation. His hatred for the General is making him go senile.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by ichidodo: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
My people talk say if pikin thief your money as e big reach im go dey rob bank...but looking at the good side Buhari could hold the key to solving insurgency and bomb blasts. All he will do is not only give them amnesty but also invite them into his Government, implement sharia all over the country and also admit Nigeria into the OIC where she finally belongs.Let us forget not the massive transfer of funds from capital projects south of the country to restructure infrastructure up north,after all he has done it before and he can do it again....that is the change Nigerians are clamouring for.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by intergral(m): 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
So because Buhari want to be president he should convert to christianity and hate muslims? Because Buhari wants to be president he should stop going to the mosque? Because Buhari wants to be president he should detest against his believes and teaching of his religion? . As for the GEJ supporters so because Jonathan wants to be re-elected he should not go to church? So because Jonathan wants to be re-elected he should deny Jesus christ and starts going to mosque? NIGERIANS HABA? WHAT ArE WE TURNING TO? Are we this foolish and blind? . Let me give you a good example: when you send your son to the university to study a 4years course then after six years of spilling over the university he still tells you that he needs 4years to graduate and when he is graduating he will finish with first class, NIGERIANS is it possible?. VOTE WISELY!!!!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
People shouting Change change change.

I hope y'all know "Change" is a two edged sword

12 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by clubone0502: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
U guys need to get a life I swear....

10 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Mogidi: 7:59am On Jan 29, 2015
podosci:

how in the world is this an issue? Cant a man appreciate anything anymore?, Buhari also believed in the communist system of Governance but change his mind after the collapse of the soviet Union, I dare you to look for a pictures of Buhari and an imam or pictures of buhari in mecca or with any religious scholar....but GEJ visits different pastors every sunday and nobody complains, some of the pastors are even threatning to open the Gates of hell on the rest of us

We are not blindfolded by ethnic and religious sentiments like some of you. Why is Buhari shying away from mosques?

Isn't it an elaborate plan to beguile the gullible?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by drnairalov: 8:00am On Jan 29, 2015
as 4 me and my house we wud vote buhari, the thought of Jonathan stayin another 4 year to do what he wasnt able to do in his 6 years is annoying, I aint gonna vote him, my family aint gonna vote him.

You cant put something on nothing and expect ut to stand, jonathan has a bad record of governance to me, and I want change, lets see what anoda person can do if one person aint doing well.. chinekeme!!!! Jonathan for anoda 4years choi..not my vote

29 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 29, 2015
So is islamic economcs bad or what?
Because Buhari dont want you guys to lavelleds him as an islamic extremist so he has to criticize everything related to his religion.

This is the epitomes of illiteracy from the op.

Point out that what he said wrong.

The last time i checked Buhari is not only one that praised islmic Banking and their mode of economics. SLS and Charles Soludo did the same thing. Even vatican praised islamic system of banking some times back.

Scratch tha, even cameron of UK opted for islamic banking.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by olaboy001(m): 8:00am On Jan 29, 2015
Mogidi:
For those of you who think we paint Buhari as an extremist Islamic jihadist, check out this cut out from 1985.
OP, What of 2015?
Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by Rilwayne001: 8:00am On Jan 29, 2015

21 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by vantage7: 8:00am On Jan 29, 2015
And so? Soludo laid the foundations for Islamic banking in Nigeria. What does that make him? Really, whining about Islamic economics is one of the ways through which I identify ignorants. Perhaps it's the name. It is simply a system at the centre of which is the prohibition of usury and promotion of fairness in financial transactions, which by the way, is not unique to Islam.

18 Likes

Re: Feb 14th 1985 Buhari Praised Islamic Enonomics (with Pic) by msmon(m): 8:00am On Jan 29, 2015
Brb. Let me see 8:01:48 AM

*Modifed*
I'm sure some pple will use this an opportunity to take a bash GMB but we hav to understand what Islamic Economy preaches. Part of it is Islamic Banking (where u can get soft loan without interest) but I'd like som1 with more knowledge of Islamic economics to come up here and xplain to us. It's noteworthy to clarify that I'm neither pro-GMB nor pro-GEJ but I have my PvC to vote come Feb 14.

Presidential Debate To Hold On February 8
www.nairaland.com/2119074/presidential-debate-hold-february-8]

Click 'Like' for GEJ and 'Share' for GMB. One will definitely outshine the other!

3 Likes 26 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bomb Blast Rocks Postikum, Islamic School / Woman, Who Gave Buhari N1m Savings, Not Abandoned – APC / How States Are Coping In This Recession (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.