Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Luis Figo To Stand For FIFA Presidency Against Sepp Blatter - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luis Figo To Stand For FIFA Presidency Against Sepp Blatter (417 Views)

Little Boy Refused To Stand Before An African Player At A Fooball Match In Italy / Blatter Endorses Kalu For FIFA President / FIFA Presidency : Fashanu Endorses Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Luis Figo To Stand For FIFA Presidency Against Sepp Blatter by breakingnews234: 8:31am On Jan 29, 2015
Luis Figo has announced he is to stand against Sepp Blatter for the FIFA presidency.

The former Barcelona and Real Madrid star, voted World Player of the Year in 2001, claims he already has the necessary nominations from five football associations to contest the election next May. Speaking in an interview with CNN ahead of Friday's nominations deadline, the 42-year-old said: "I care about football so what I'm seeing regarding the image of FIFA - not only now but in the past years - I don't like it.

"If you search FIFA on the internet you see the first word that comes out: scandal, not positive words. It's that we have to change first and try to improve the image of FIFA. Football deserves much better than this.

"I've been talking with so many important people in football - players, managers, president of federations - and they all think that something has to be done.

"Last year was the World Cup, I was in Brazil and I saw the reaction of all the fans regarding the image of FIFA and I think something has to be changed. Change in leadership, governance, transparency and solidarity, so I think it's the moment for that."

Figo will be one of at least four candidates in the election, to be held in Zurich on May 29.

Source: http://www.breakingnews234.com/2015/01/luis-figo-to-stand-for-fifa-presidency.html

Re: Luis Figo To Stand For FIFA Presidency Against Sepp Blatter by Mrthunzzz09(m): 1:28am On Jan 30, 2015
Ftc. Nice!

(1) (Reply)

Manuel Pellegrini Regrets Chelsea Draw / 100% Hot Betting Tips Is Here Again / Monaco Defeated Arsenal 3-1 At Emirates But The Battle Is Not Yet Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.