Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,150 members, 7,780,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:40 AM

Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) (25217 Views)

Lagos Pastor Accuses Assistant Police Commissioner Of Torture (pic) / "Mkor Aondona Is A Rapist With Small Manhood" - Woman Accuses BSU Lecturer / Lebanese Couple Settles Nigerian Worker With N400K After Torturing Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by lalasticlala(m): 8:44am On Jan 29, 2015
A woman, Mrs. Grace Okpara, has reported to the police that she was allegedly tortured by her bosses, who are Lebanon nationals.

Our correspondent gathered that Grace worked as a cleaner at a logistics company in Ibafo, Ogun State, where the Lebanese couple ─ Joseph and Hala Yasbek ─ were members of the management.

It was learnt that on Wednesday, January 14, Grace, who claimed she was dragged on the ground by her bosses during an argument, reported the matter at the Ibafo Police Division.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, 37-year-old Grace who hails from Ishan, Edo State, said she was assaulted for alleged dereliction of duty.

She said, “I work as a cleaner at the Lebanese company, and I earn N20,000 as salary. The incident happened on January 14 at about 11.30am. We were three working as cleaners in the company.

“That day, Hala said I did not clean the premises very well, but as I tried to explain, she kicked me and I fell. Minutes later when the husband showed up, I reported Hala to him, but he also slapped me.

“I fell ill after the incident and went to the hospital for treatment. I was treated at a private hospital in Ibafo. I was discharged on Thursday and then went to report to the police. The fee for my treatment was paid by the police at Ibafo.”

Grace’s husband, Uzoma, said they had also reported the matter to the National Human Rights Commission.

He said, “My wife has spent four years and two months at the company. She started with N15,000 and her salary grew to N20,000 over four years. The assault my wife suffered is part of the inhuman treatments by bosses at the company.

“We reported to the police and the NHRC so that they could look into this matter. My wife was assaulted at work. This is not proper.”

When our correspondent visited the company on Tuesday, the security personnel refused him access to speak with the management.

However, the Yasbeks, who have been invited by the police, said in their statement that the allegation of torture was not true.

The couple explained that it was Grace that attempted to beat Hala, while the husband, Joseph, tried to protect his wife during the scuffle.

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident. He added that the police were making efforts on mediation.

He said, “The two Lebanese were invited, and we have asked them to come back with officials of the company. The Lebanese husband explained that it was the complainant who wanted to hit his wife, and he had to block her (Grace) by pushing her away.

“The fact is that the two parties had been having conflicts for some time.

“It is not a matter of assault alone. We are trying to mediate between them.

“But if the woman feels she had been so badly maltreated, the police can charge the matter to court.”

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/woman-accuses-lebanese-couple-of-torture/

Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by peteruuu(m): 8:49am On Jan 29, 2015
It's a pity.!
Meanwhile,those yasbeks supposed to be YAB in their face!!!
As in,why would they maltreat her just because she earns salary from them!!?
What a pitiable situation !
Poor woman i'm sure she must've been passing through tough times before this particular incident.
Get well soon.

Btw,i'll never forget to jubilate that i'm the FTC o grin cheesy
#DancingShoki

4 Likes

Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by Blaqsmith(m): 8:52am On Jan 29, 2015
if this thread no make front page.....

I will walk unclad grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by jingh(f): 8:55am On Jan 29, 2015
collect your PVC here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by Geestarry(f): 9:00am On Jan 29, 2015
Hmmmmm

I knew it would reach FP
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by kingopta(m): 9:07am On Jan 29, 2015
hmm...i think the boss and his wife should be jailed and also be a cleaner in d jail with torture....cos this is inhuman
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by NosoChic: 9:29am On Jan 29, 2015
We as a people have chosen to close our eyes to how some of these people treat us here in Nigeria.

I once visited an Indian run company where they separate the toilets for Nigerians and Indians.
Indeed, we are tolerant people.

13 Likes

Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by Onlinebizexpert(m): 9:31am On Jan 29, 2015
Sai buhari angry

2 Likes

Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by PerfumeRepublik: 9:54am On Jan 29, 2015
No need for jail term . 100million Naira will do

1 Like

Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by akinsadeez(m): 10:22am On Jan 29, 2015
The police paid the hospital bill for her treatment shockedshockedshocked.
Nigeria police pay hospital bill of a complainant free of charge?!
Wow. I don't think I have ever seen that before. rather the police would demand for money from her before recording her complaints. Now I believe that miracles do happen. cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by mytime24(f): 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
Evil men @wrk, dnt no y sme pple can b so wicked upto dis lenght,jus image wat dey did 2dis wman nd dats nt d 1st time of such case...smh 4naija
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Great
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by pabon(m): 1:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
This wrld
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by adrainuche(m): 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
Jesu
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by King939: 1:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
[size=20pt]Sound Of Alarm For PDP: OLAMIDE BADOO Sings New Track In Support Of APC

Could it Be that APC are now paying Musicians to Sing In Support of Them? Hmm i sense desperation. The Nigerian POPULAR rapper Olamide just dropped a New Single Titled "The Change We Want", Seriously Hyping APC.

I saw this description Online..

Indigenous rapper Olamide has expressed his support for the All Progressives Congress (APC), after featuring on previous campaign records at the Lagos state level, the rapper has finally endorsed the APC presidential candidate Muhammadu Buhariand his running mate, Yemi Osinbajo. The record is titled ‘The Change We Want’.

Abeg Make Una Download am Follow Hear. angry

[url=http://fb.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwap10.net%2Fmusic%2Fview%2F26676317&h=5AQFduDI5&enc=AZNzqtOk8MVdaZKvZRbUtJgQqxjraXil-cLdO27B5rswDCLR2D9TzZ1EpogweWtPH_5ZAAUDn7yI3LlwR_TrI-jpJZAyNBc69JyKMc1ICPmSCylx50gzp3eBTV87flH68U8ss99Tny7BIhnsq9QpKwnKVvBxbNvRBvV6UUoSSvS7RQ&s=1]Olamide –The Change We Want.mp3[/url]
[/size]

UPDATED: A - Z Wizkid Songs & Davido Songs Now Available

Davido Songs First: The second Most Controversial Nigerian Musician Mr O.B.O Davido

[img]http://www.herald.co.zw/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/DAVIDO.jpg[/img]

[url=http://fb.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwap10.net%2Fmusic%2Flist%2F3835981&h=-AQGs0YhO&enc=AZOZAzrMRyR_z4htd5bAQsnG8MCacEVopgjpVCtCiqNLmLuBS_-vqpTKuyZfddgGV-_E7PapYNjqeVs2EMNtU88saUQHOyScGGc7JqcXwF6xhwdUL0uRzZwYXtxBHedEs_rGyaN7o5y58w-nkgUBDtTJlYWF5FWOtMkOfwZ7WRSi-g&s=1]A - Z All Davido Songs Here[/url]

Next on the List is Our Own Starboy Wizzy Baby

[url=http://fb.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwap10.net%2Fmusic%2Flist%2F3835720&h=UAQGAJJy8&enc=AZPg2oBvvLl8tOn7as50jG2nptm2pu_SHl4ah8JL1yzKIn20E_D6DNoPX_2lw_hbao7QfLQl1w94eD1Kr5Bo9jLs&s=1]A - Z All Wizkid Songs Here[/url]

Enjoy Guys!
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by Misogynist2014(m): 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
mytime24:
Evil men @wrk, dnt no y sme pple can b so wicked upto dis lenght,jus image wat dey did 2dis wman nd dats nt d 1st time of such case...smh 4naija
It is evil man and woman(let us be specific).
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by mankan2k7(m): 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
This can only happen in a country where a presidential aspirant has no certificate. Gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
Those people are so wicked treating Nigerians like slave in our own country smh!
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by kelwheezy(m): 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na wah. ooh! wonders shall never end!
Some people just get mind shaa
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by omanifrank(m): 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
na wa sha
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by slimfit1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
Stupid Nigerian police should have arrested the couple.
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by AsherStorm(m): 1:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
Okay o... These lebanese really need to be sent packing from Nigeria...

Contact me for your spy wristwatches...
Follow this link to see its amazing features...
www.nairaland.com/2074840/check-out-wristwatch-in-built-camera
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by adorablepepple(f): 1:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
angry
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by Pholayemi(f): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is so annoyin. This people wil com to. Our own country start a bisnes and yet they treat us lik they are doi us a favo by bringin dia bisnes here. Nigerians can not go to dia plc n want to stat a bisnes lik dat. Dy wil give you conditions dat wil mak u want to change ur mind abt d bisnes. N yet dy com here do it freely. Our leaders av sold us out to these ppl dat y dy can do n undo.
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by wiloy2k8(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
nawa
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by AreaFada2: 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
Police will collect bribe & nothing will happen.

Mediate ke, meditate ni.

Bloody Yesbeks.
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by tdayof(m): 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lebanese torturing Nigerians here in our home country since 1960AD

1 Like

Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by onosprince(m): 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
Deport them back to their country.
Re: Woman Accuses Lebanese Couple Of Torture (pictured) by Ilekeh(f): 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
Unbelievable.

Is this the culture we want?

A culture of savage foreigners treating a fellow oil country national (THE LARGEST black country) like a slave?

Are we now South Africa?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi Civil Servant Commits Suicide; Recently Had Triplets After Childless Years / Zimbabwean Student Steals Women's Panties, Arrested (Photos) / Customs Officer Shoots 70-year-old Man Dead For Intervening In Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.