Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate (971 Views)

What Certifications Necessary For A Political Science Graduate? / Please I Need Advice On Career Option For Physics Ed., Chem.eng And Elect Elect / What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by nairamaverick(m): 10:26am On Jan 29, 2015
Good day,

I'm a computer science graduate and would soon be rounding up my service year.

I would like to know the career options available to a computer science graduate, most of my colleagues are in the I.T department of various companies which to me is not a good way to kickstart your career and the pay isn't attractive.

I'm interested in knowing career options for a computer science graduate apart from been the I.T Guy and various companies to apply to from those who are in the field.

I should also mention that I'm just learning programming.

Please don't come here and tell me how impossible it is to get a job, let me worry about that.

Bashing and insults are welcomed.
Re: Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by Xadore: 12:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
As a computer science graduate, you can work anywhere from IT firms to banks, telecoms, stock exchange etc, it depends on what you want your core to be whether network, programming, system administrator etc the fact you have taken interest in programming is very good,in this technology age every sector needs automation and technology is always improving, I myself am a developer and have friends who are, apart from the normal day job you'll have, you'll also have the opportunity to have your own gigs from time to time that brings in more income , try to empower yourself with certifications, wherever you find yourself working try and gather as much experience as you can and you'd be climbing the ladder before you know it.
Re: Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by akj26(m): 11:05pm On Feb 01, 2015
Prepare and Write exams on CISSP, PMP, OCP and CEH. They will open lot of oportunities for you in IT world. The courses shouldn't be hard for you to pass them since you are a Computer Science graduate. Besides, I am also a Computer Science graduate!
Re: Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by nairamaverick(m): 9:27am On Feb 07, 2015
Xadore:
As a computer science graduate, you can work anywhere from IT firms to banks, telecoms, stock exchange etc, it depends on what you want your core to be whether network, programming, system administrator etc the fact you have taken interest in programming is very good,in this technology age every sector needs automation and technology is always improving, I myself am a developer and have friends who are, apart from the normal day job you'll have, you'll also have the opportunity to have your own gigs from time to time that brings in more income , try to empower yourself with certifications, wherever you find yourself working try and gather as much experience as you can and you'd be climbing the ladder before you know it.
thanks, I think the first thing is to pick a field
Re: Career Option For A Computer Science Graduate by nairamaverick(m): 9:29am On Feb 07, 2015
akj26:
Prepare and Write exams on CISSP, PMP, OCP and CEH. They will open lot of oportunities for you in IT world. The courses shouldn't be hard for you to pass them since you are a Computer Science graduate. Besides, I am also a Computer Science graduate!
thanks, I already have pmp. thank God you didn't mention them Cisco and the likes.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Any Brand Of RICE In Bulk #5,500 Per Bag Cal 07065186857 / Access Bank Recruitment 2015 (10-minutes Job Opening) / Dunke Beauty Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.