Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? (9527 Views)

My Male Dog Refuses To Mount Females In Heat (Photos) / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 10:49am On Jan 29, 2015
Please some time last month I noticed some creamish discharge from my then 7 months old female GSD.A friend told me then that she was on heat but I argued with him because I felt she was too young to go on heat. Please experts what are the noticeable signs of a dog on heat?
I wanna keep a close eye on my dog.

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by kilokeys(m): 10:52am On Jan 29, 2015

or take my advice..

call her into d room... #shirley.. shirley..

UnCloth..
if she pounces on u, grinds u..

u better give it to her..

seriously.. the answer is on Google... its common info

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by AdeniyiA(m): 10:59am On Jan 29, 2015
Seun,
your attention is needed here. smiley
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by adanduka: 11:24am On Jan 29, 2015
And if you know, then...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2015
kilokeys:

or take my advice..

call her into d room... #shirley.. shirley..

UnCloth..
if she pounces on u, grinds u..

u better give it to her.

Hmmmmm

Someone is talking out of experience here

seriously.. the answer is on Google... its common info
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 11:47am On Jan 29, 2015
adanduka:
And if you know, then...
so I can start looking for a stud in advance.
Its time I get some returns in my investment.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by missdebs(f): 12:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
ask seun jwo
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
aguizm:
so I can start looking for a stud in advance.
Its time I get some returns in my investment.

The big problem with dog owners today...are u a breeder or a pet owner?

If you don't know the difference btw a muciod discharge and a dog's heat then I'm so sorry.

Don't breed your dog.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
Prodeegee:

If you don't know the difference btw a muciod discharge and a dog's heat then I'm so sorry.

Don't breed your dog.
Am not a breeder,just an owner of a female GSD who really wants to know when his dog comes on heat that's y I came up here to ask pro,s like u because i don't know the difference between mucoid and heat.

She is female and I don't intend keeping her puppies so definitely they have to be sold.
Am not a breeder.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by TVmhm: 2:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
Prodeegee:

Don't breed your dog.
lol...tru....the fact is one has to determine those facts b4 getting a dog
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by oluomoadebayo: 3:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
Everyone want to breed their dog. That's the problem we are facing in this country and no wonder people advertise " pure GSD for sale ".
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
oluomoadebayo:
Everyone want to breed their dog. That's the problem we are facing in this country and no wonder people advertise " pure GSD for sale ".

Have you ever gone on yahoo! Answers to ask a breeding related question?

You'll get stinky insults. You'll be told to spay your dog.

I know slowly, nairaland will get to that stage where dog lovers would remain dog lovers and breeders would remain breeders.

Like he clearly stated, he wants her to return his investments - now what do you make of that? doggybank!
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by oluomoadebayo: 6:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
Prodeegee:

I know slowly, nairaland will get to that stage where dog lovers would remain dog lovers and breeders would remain breeders.

Like he clearly stated, he wants her to return his investments - now what do you make of that? doggybank!
No difference to puppy mill.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by kuzee(m): 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
oluomoadebayo:
lol.. seriously the op must be in a happy mood, why the rush bro
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
TVmhm:

lol...tru....the fact is one has to determine those facts b4 getting a dog
I did and the fact is I love dogs but not planning on being a breeder. So because am not a breeder I shouldn't mate my female dog ni?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 8:12pm On Jan 29, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

Oga mi na crime I commit to come ask una wey be professionals question? U people should tell me because I never said am gonna mate it now because when she was a puppy I learnt from u same guys that the best age to breed a dog is like after 2 to 3 heat period.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by TVmhm: 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
aguizm:

I did and the fact is I love dogs but not planning on being a breeder. So because am not a breeder I shouldn't mate my female dog ni?
lol...didnt say so oo...but its not compulsory. tho...that's y there is something called neutering or spaying
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
Prodeegee:

So only breeders can mate their dogs now ehn. Because am not a breeder I shouldn't mate my dog when she is due.
If so be d case landlords shouldn't rent out their houses directly to tenants but must leave the renting job for housing agent.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
TVmhm:

lol...didnt say so oo...but its not compulsory. tho...that's y there is something called neutering or spaying
For me part of the reasons I saved and coughed out the huge sum from my NYSC savings to buy and cater for a GSD was so atleast since its female I could be getting some kinda income from her puppies.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 8:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
kuzee:

lol.. seriously the op must be in a happy mood, why the rush bro
kuzee my guy how far. U remembered my dog I got a month before ur late dog. She is nine months now I only came to ask the ogas in the house the possible signs of dogs showing heat symptoms.
I know no say na wahala I come buy for myself. I never planned mating her till atleaat the 3 heat just trying to learn from the bosses.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Eveezy(m): 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
Bro, the first sign of a dog being on heat is d swelling of the Vul'va of d dog about a day or a week afta swelling,depending on d individual dog, bleeding starts, could be few days bt maximum of a week. So if u wana knw if ur dog has jst come on heat, den dose re d first sign u wuld notice den u cn talk abt breeding. Abt spaying or neutering, I doubt if any Nigerian that owns a foreign dog wuld love to do dt. My guy if u wana breed ur dog, breed ur dog, dnt feel bad abt wat people say, bt I mst tell u d truth its nt an easy task, make researches, gain more knowledge b4 breeding. Bt its ur choice to breed, I mean atleast u ve a gud gsd, even sum people dt ve mix on nairaland breed

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by kuzee(m): 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
aguizm:
kuzee my guy how far. U remembered my dog I got a month before ur late dog. She is nine months now I only came to ask the ogas in the house the possible signs of dogs showing heat symptoms.
I know no say na wahala I come buy for myself. I never planned mating her till atleaat the 3 heat just trying to learn from the bosses.
lol.. yea I remembered, the ogas de vex coz u mentioned the word return investment.. honestly I laughed too.. but even without them, you can learn a lot from the net, just try download some Pdf formats about dogs and heat, with time the ogas will be the ones asking you questions cheesy cheesy grin
lovely dog you got here.. but dnt breed coz of only dough.
I bought a female and male Gsd.. but it a pain I won't be in naija to watch out their plays and birth.. can I see a clear pix of your dog

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Apitch(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na wah oo!
So na crime now for person to ask questions? Also a crime for a non-breeders to breed their dog? I'm disappointed with U guys

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by oluomoadebayo: 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
aguizm:

Oga mi na crime I commit to come ask una wey be professionals question? U people should tell me because I never said am gonna mate it now because when she was a puppy I learnt from u same guys that the best age to breed a dog is like after 2 to 3 heat period.
I can help you to be a responsible owner but not a breeder. Their is more to it and not all dog is good for breeding.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Inkredible(m): 4:47am On Jan 30, 2015
Guy no mind all these "ogas". Truth is, no one knows it all. Google remains the best source of answers to some question. Never mind all these ones forming ITK. Overrated " breeders and trainers" I wonder what they even think they know. Truth remains that you can still tutor them in some arena on dog "breeding and training"

angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 4:55am On Jan 30, 2015
[s]lol...why do i think most of the supporters are gsd owners?. when ur pups get down u sell for how much? 15k, or maybe 10k when u feed until 10wks and buyer isnt coming.

eveezy, somany Nigerians spay/neuter their dogs. have u ever had a litter?
[/s]

its a gsd anyway...go ahead. nothing i say will change your thinking
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 5:02am On Jan 30, 2015
Inkredible:
Guy no mind all these "ogas". Truth is, no one knows it all. Google remains the best source of answers to some question. Never mind all these ones forming ITK. Overrated " breeders and trainers" I wonder what they even think they know. Truth remains that you can still tutor them in some arena on dog "breeding and training"

angry angry angry

lol...ure just a fish!
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Inkredible(m): 5:08am On Jan 30, 2015
Prodeegee:

lol...ure just a fish!

Granny and u r? A fool I guess

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 5:15am On Jan 30, 2015
Inkredible:

Granny and u r? A fool I guess

wait, whys your blood hot? riff-raffs like you only cause trouble on people's posts.

and if i check, you dont have a dog.

smh, dont look for trouble, shez asleep.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Inkredible(m): 6:37am On Jan 30, 2015
Prodeegee:

wait, whys your blood hot? riff-raffs like you only cause trouble on people's posts.

and if i check, you dont have a dog.

smh, dont look for trouble, shez asleep.

Granny I thought I warned you to post comprehensively. What's this trash you just posted again kwa?

Amateur 2/2 turned dog breeder.
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 6:48am On Jan 30, 2015
Inkredible:

Granny I thought I warned you to post comprehensively. What's this trash you just posted again kwa?

Amateur 2/2 turned dog breeder.

smiley ill breed your father and your mother if im chanced, and ill make sure they dont give birth to a trouble maker like you.

dont bother quoting me cos i wont reply you. jobless he-goat
Re: How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? by aguizm(m): 9:14am On Jan 30, 2015
oluomoadebayo:

I can help you to be a responsible owner but not a breeder. Their is more to it and not all dog is good for breeding.

Any assistance u can render to me will be highly needed and appreciated.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Be Very Careful Before You Buy Puppies From Olx (IMAGES) / What Do You Think Of Pets(especially Dogs)? / Diary Of My Lhasa Apso Girl ‘Reuby’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.