Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,167 members, 7,807,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (68042 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
afbstrategies:
It really shows an honest man who is principled.

A smart man cannot swim with those who want him drowned. Buhari and APC have the momentum right now, so why mess it up.

Rotimi Amaechi is probably the smartest political strategist in Nigerian history. I'm sure Buhari could have jumped into this debate if Rotimi and Fayemi are not there with him.

Smart Move by the Buhari Team

this is not about who thinks they are smart

this is about Nigeria and a candidate asking to be voted submitting themselves to the democratic process

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by elantraceey(f): 7:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
AlphaGentleman:
If i see you comment on Nl again.i will ban you till 3033 undecided

Did my post pain you that much ?

Here's another post , waiting for my ban undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
elantraceey:

Did my post pain you that much ?

Here's another post , waiting for my ban undecided undecided
Who are you pls?
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by zanga420: 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
peckhamboi:
I am 100% in support of this move by Behar.

The Chairman, Board of trustees of NEDG is also the Director-General of the Nigerian Television Authority, Mr. Sola Omole

You only need to watch a little bit of NTA recently to know their level of bias and partisanism

APC are not attending your useless debate if it can't be organised by a neutral body.

Sai Buhari
he can also boycott the election because those conducting it are with n working with the instrument of government. I dont have a problem with change but when the so called agent of change dont reflect change then something is wrong.
Is this how the change 'll come? Beating about the bush to all confronted issues? Hmmm

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by JoBabs(m): 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote author=FastShipping post=30244477][/quote]

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by datribune: 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
BetaThings:

Jonathan saw a neutral in 2011 and ran away
Now that it has been rigged in his favour he is all for it!!

The man does not write an exam that his grandma is not grading

Thank u. Now I understand why d guy who snubbed d last debate only to appear in an interview wit Dbanj suddenly became a born-again campaigner 4 dis year's debate. Hmmm expo Na wa oh. SAI BUHARI joor

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by zekki: 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
Good
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by richidinho(m): 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
I saw APC advert on AIT, NTA.; Silverbird

Why did they advertise there

Knowing that the stations are owned by PDP chieftains

They are trying to avoid error like Osibande; I Will stabilize oil price, president Osama (instead of Obama)

Useless old fool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by maestroferddi: 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
angelsing:
My dear u have to look at it objectively, even though I will wish for a debate to assess the candidates...This case is like chelsea going to the home of manchester united to play a match and the Referee wearing the jersey of manU to officiate..Will they want to play in such match?..That is the case here
You are not adding up, are you?

I want to believe you have watched political debates before. The questions are more or less generic and are directed to each candidate. No-one mandates a candidate to answer in a particular way as every candidate should deploy their discretion to play the questions to their major strength.

Jimi Agbaje, the PDP guber candidate in Lagos has an itinerary on the 30th of this month to attend the Lagos Guber Debate being organised by TVC, the very APC propaganda platform. Jimi being a smart and cerebral person is ever ready to beard a lion in its den. He is ready for whatever APC apparatchik would throw at him.

If Buhari knows his onions, he wouldn't be shirking participation in the debate under the guise of collusion by the organisers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by emeka2847: 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
chuxiano:

The Rivers monorail that you are talking about was conceived and it's construction commenced (although it's still under construction) while governor Amechi was still in PDP. So it actually has nothing to do with political party. Think about it the governor hasn't done much since he moved to APC.
So it boils down to the individual and his desire to deliver the dividends of democracy.

Madam was trying to block the rail project. He needed freedom and had to decamp to APC. You sef check am.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
maestroferddi:

I want to believe you have watched political debates before. The questions are more or less generic and are directed to each candidate. No-one mandates a candidate to answer in a particular way as every candidate should deploy their discretion to play the questions to their major strength.

Jimi Agbaje, the PDP guber candidate in Lagos has an itinerary on the 30th of this month to attend the Lagos Guber Debate being organised by TVC, the very APC propaganda platform. Jimi being a smart and cerebral person is ever ready to beard a lion in its den. He is ready for whatever APC apparatchik would throw at him.

If Buhari knows his onions, he wouldn't be shirking participation in the debate under the guise of collusion by the organisers.

abeg help me tell them oh. APC talks as if political debate is a mathematics examination. Some algebra or trigonometry where you need to have an exact answer or everyone's answer must be the same?

APC is very shameless and disgraceful. They have the temerity to talk about change when they can not even answer to the people or submit themselves to the democratic process!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by maestroferddi: 7:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
zanga420:
he can also boycott the election because those conducting it are with n working with the instrument of government. I dont have a problem with change but when the so called agent of change dont reflect change then something is wrong.
Is this how the change 'll come? Beating about the bush to all confronted issues? Hmmm
What I see is an unprecedented disillusionment and disenchantment among our peeps from the South West who are carrying this Buhari candidature on their heads as if their lives depend on it.

I was watching the APC rally in Oyo State some hours ago. Tinubu would speak and rouse the crowd: ditto Oshiomole, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Aregbesola and others. When it gets to the key man, Buhari, the anticlimax is so palpable. The scowl on the faces of Tinubu, Amaechi and others says it all.

Buhari was a poor choce by APC despite what some APC people would want the rest of us to believe.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by itetemi: 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote
author=mikeansy post=30251158]

abeg help me tell them oh. APC talks as if political debate is a
mathematics examination. Some algebra or trigonometry where you need to
have an exact answer or everyone's answer must be the same?

APC is very shmeless and disgraceful. They have the temerity to talk
about change when they can not even answer to the people or submit
themselves to the democratic process![/quote]

please there was no debate organised by tvc for lagos.

pls why should apc attend a debate with dokpesi as the only moderator.the debate organisers certainly lack credibility to have put dokpesi as the only moderator with the lies his station has been propagating.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by PenSniper: 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
peckhamboi:
I am 100% in support of this move by Behar.

The Chairman, Board of trustees of NEDG is also the Director-General of the Nigerian Television Authority, Mr. Sola Omole

You only need to watch a little bit of NTA recently to know their level of bias and partisanism

APC are not attending your useless debate if it can't be organised by a neutral body.

Sai Buhari

Dunce
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by angelsing(m): 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
maestroferddi:

What u fail to point out is that TVC has not gone into defamation of character of the person of Agbaje just to make people not vote for him...Beside, I stand to be corrected I don't think its TVC that is organising the debate for the governorship race..You can't say the same for both AIT and NTA...Coming for the debate is not an issue but having people u pay salary conduct same debate is the problem...My opinion is that a neutral body shud conduct the debate then we can see if Buhari takes the challenge or not until then I won't blame him though would have love for him to go for the debate

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by datribune: 7:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
maestroferddi:

d debates ar overrated & not very transparent. GEJ didn't attend d last one. No big deal. Agbaje needs d debate, Buhari doesn't. To d informed, d decision is easy & pretty much settled & no debate will change anything. On one hand u hav GEJ who inherited a country in times of plenty & relative peace but turned it into one of more divisiveness, corruption & a hell 4 d poor & on d other hand u hav GMB, d leader of a corrective govt dat inherited an economy dat had hit rock bottom but thru his ingenuity reversed d course of d economy & made our country buoyant again. d debate will change very little.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Prinzofparis: 7:39pm On Jan 29, 2015
najoke:

See the bolded......based on their recent campaign.....i will never trust ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH AIT

be sincere if na you wetin you go do?
I will attend with the intention of playing by the rules from the start and beating Jonathan at his own games arms down, but once I notice favouritism and anchors being biased, I will clearly finish Jonathan and AIT and all sponsors in two sentences (Thank God debate is live) that will totally expose the nonsense in the PDP before I walk out on the useless debate. This will win millions to the Buhari camp

But what did Buhari do?..he choose to shy away from a debate with flimsy excuses. (if this source's information is true)

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by PenSniper: 7:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
kingofpool:
The muda fucka is afraid of been asked about his certificate, and to show he has no plan for nija he boycotted the debate, and to avoid nursery school kidz from laughing at his english

Succinctly put. Plus he is arrogant and full of himself. Same way he boycotted the Oputa panel. He just cannot articulate any idea in a simple, good english.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by PenSniper: 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
wunmite90:

Please help us answer this question.

Will GEJ attend a debate organized by sahara reporters, the nation newspaper and premium times?

If your answer is no. Then shut up. Thank you

Yes

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by maestroferddi: 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2015
datribune:

d debates ar overrated & not very transparent. GEJ didn't attend d last one. No big deal. Agbaje needs d debate, Buhari doesn't. To d informed, d decision is easy & pretty much settled & no debate will change anything. On one hand u hav GEJ who inherited a country in times of plenty & relative peace but turned it into one of more divisiveness, corruption & a hell 4 d poor & on d other hand u hav GMB, d leader of a corrective govt dat inherited an economy dat had hit rock bottom but thru his ingenuity reversed d course of d economy & made our country buoyant again. d debate will change very little.

Do you expect me to engage a person like you in a discourse when it is very clear that you lack the ability to marshal your points with logical coherence?

We are talking of debates and you are sounding off on beer parlour gossip.

I don't have time to waste, abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ceeceeluv: 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
isn't very obvious right now what APC seek is power? okay you want power come for debate and tell Nigerians on how you intend to better the lives of the well meaning Nigerians if you will win o, and you people are there giving us one thousand and one reasons why you can't come for the debate, is very obvious that the APC party are not ready, but they keep pointing accusing fingers on PDP chasing who is not chasing them, simply put they were just scared that Buhari will come on air and mess their party up, so they have to come up with different excuses which are lame, because for me no party is greater than Nigeria, is either you join the debate or quit, have you seen where political opponents abroad make flimsy excuse just to escape debate? abeg all those reasons which you have giving are baseless and therefor Nigerians demand that you come to the platform and redeemed your face, oga na moonwalk una dey so ooooo grin APC you people are just acting up but is so bad you people are bad actors grin #GEJ4naija

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Popemax(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
APC has failed us......Bro I give you the point
maestroferddi:
What I see is an unprecedented disillusionment and disenchantment among our peeps from the South West who are carrying this Buhari candidature on their heads as if their lives depend on it.

I was watching the APC rally in Oyo State some hours ago. Tinubu would speak and rouse the crowd: ditto Oshiomole, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Aregbesola and others. When it gets to the key man, Buhari, the anticlimax is so palpable. The scowl on the faces of Tinubu, Amaechi and others says it all.

Buhari was a poor choce by APC despite what some APC people would want the rest of us to believe.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by maestroferddi: 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
angelsing:
What u fail to point out is that TVC has not gone into defamation of character of the person of Agbaje just to make people not vote for him...Beside, I stand to be corrected I don't think its TVC that is organising the debate for the governorship race..You can't say the same for both AIT and NTA...Coming for the debate is not an issue but having people u pay salary conduct same debate is the problem...My opinion is that a neutral body shud conduct the debate then we can see if Buhari takes the challenge or not until then I won't blame him though would have love for him to go for the debate
Pardon me but you sound like a joker. I watch TVC almost all the time. The degree of bias and unprofessionalism in that station is simply ridiculous.

Jonathan is such a tolerant leader to condone the kind of madness going on in some media platforms owned by leaders of the opposition or sympathetic to them.

The guber debate is being organised by TVC. Make your findings.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Prinzofparis: 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
Sanchez01:
I'm totally in support of this. A biased body being in charge of a much anticipated debate will only stir an uproar. GMB should ignore the debate until a neutral body comes up with one.

In 2011, GEJ boycotted one as well. Let a fair body organize the debate.
My brother......... Osibanjo, Fashola, Rochas, Oshiomole, Amosun and many other young vibrant persons in the APC will not boycott a presidential debate no matter who organized it, because these men know their stuff!!!......
I would not shy away from a shell interview because I'm competing against the son of SPDC's CEO. This is because I know my stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Dikechigozie: 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
He who fights and run

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
datribune:

Buhari doesn't need the debate?

Talk about claiming early victory!

The election is 2 weeks away!
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
anyway the debate should go on. PDP and other Presidential candidates should be invited. An empty podium should be mounted for Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ogene007: 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
BetaThings:

Have you watched a biased interrogator before?
The day Mauoe was trying to keep Jonathan on track on a media chat, the other guys clammed up and made her look like an enemy of Jonathan

Jonathan ran away in 2011 to debate D Banj
So where is the confidence coming from now?

He has been promised expo and soft touch
I totally disagree with you. BON is the umbrella body for electronic media houses in Nigeria, and nothing can be more credible or neutral than BON. It is a deliberate ploy to avoid public scrutiny over the bogus promises he has been making all over the place, that has informed Buharis's withdrawal from the debates. It just goes to show how dubious the electoral promises of. Buhari are. This will undoubtedly go a long way in confirming the suspicion around Buhari's plan to reverse all the privatization programs of the past 15 years, retrench thousands of federal civil servants without recourse to due process, and ultimately derail the Nigerian economy. It is the duty of every right thinking Nigerian to resist this evil of a man called Buhari. GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Oluabayomi1(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
doyin1985:
http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-buhari-shuns-bon-presidential-debate | TheCable
He would honour d debate if n only if Hausa language ll b allowed.
If u doubt me,tell d young man to compose just a simple sentence.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by HURUCHI(m): 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2015
ogene007:
I totally disagree with you. BON is the umbrella body for electronic media houses in Nigeria, and nothing can be more credible or neutral than BON. It is a deliberate ploy to avoid public scrutiny over the bogus promises he has been making all over the place, that has informed Buharis's withdrawal from the debates. It just goes to show how dubious the electoral promises of. Buhari are. This will undoubtedly go a long way in confirming the suspicion around Buhari's plan to reverse all the privatization programs of the past 15 years, retrench thousands of federal civil servants without recourse to due process, and ultimately derail the Nigerian economy. It is the duty of every right thinking Nigerian to resist this evil of a man called Buhari. GEJ till 2019.

Pity u
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by PenSniper: 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
Buhari is an unsellable and unprofitable commodity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: Fayemi Leads APC Chieftains To Omisore’s Residence. Photo / Rivers Lockdown: Port Harcourt Roads In Pictures / Photos From Military Accidental Jet Strike At IDP Camp In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.