Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (67997 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ayusco85(m): 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Lol
This man should just do us all a favour and step down. If you can't debate with the so-called 'clueless' GEJ, how do you intend to tackle the intellectually-tasking and complex demands of running a democratic country?

If he suspects any form of connivance, he should suggest that a more trusted body handle the debates. APC and co have been asking the PDP to forget the certificate issue and face real matters. Now the time to face real matters is upon us and they're looking for an escape route.

are u an Abian? am servin thr currently and it seems okezuo ikpeazu might win the governorship seat
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by mpowa(m): 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
daintyprincess:
Am not in support of any of d parties but I'll like to know who has been organizing this debate before now? If It's d same group or set of people,why is d opposing party complaining now?
Just asking.

It is not the same people, it is the people who organised the one that GEJ alone attend in 2011, after he had shunned the more generally acceptable one organised by Channels and the likes.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by easy4beno(m): 8:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
mpowa:

They won't be fair, they are the same people smearing his image for weeks now, two things will happen at the debate

1. they will shield Jonathan and all his clulessness
2. they'll bring their Name Smearing business on Buhari to climax.

I don't think it's hard to setup neutral media, if they want a proper debate let a non-partisan media handle it shikena!

You are very right though, maybe what the electorates and APC in particular should make noise about now is that it should be conducted by an independent organisation or media outfit, if you ask me, I can beat my chest to advocate that a media house like channels will do a very good job, I think I would suggest we start looking towards that direction if the time and logistics will still permit, instead of people and APC now looking forward to cancelling the whole idea, America the almighty father of democracy still does it, so I think it would be worth emulating..
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by wirinet(m): 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
Lets call a truce;

Jonathan can have his debate with AIT/NTA/FRCN with Pastor Oritsejafor saying the opening prayers and Bishop Oyedepo saying the closing prayers, while Buhari have have his debate with TVC/Premiumtimes/ Saharareporters with Rev. Mbaka saying the opening prayers and pastor Adeboye giving the closing prayers.

It would be difficult for Buhari to face reporters from AIT after the lies and character assasination propaganda they aired last week.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by mpowa(m): 8:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
easy4beno:

You are very right though, maybe what the electorates and APC in particular should make noise about now is that it should be conducted by an independent organisation or media outfit, if you ask me, I can beat my chest to advocate that a media house like channels will do a very good job, I think I would suggest we start looking towards that direction if the time and logistics will still permit, instead of people and APC now looking forward to cancelling the whole idea, America the almighty father of democracy still does it, so I think it would be worth emulating..

Yes I agree with you, Debate should hold, we want to hear what both parties have for us, but we want it done properly by non-partisan professionals, I believe this is what APC is clamoring for, If they won't do this, then no debate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
daintyprincess:
Am not in support of any of d parties but I'll like to know who has been organizing this debate before now? If It's d same group or set of people,why is d opposing party complaining now?
Just asking.
The 1999 and 2003 debates were organized by BON (which is now part of NEDG). However, in 2011, two different groups organized debates: the NEDG, and the pay tv channel, NN24. GEJ boycotted the one organized by the latter.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Faraidi(m): 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
doyin1985:
http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-buhari-shuns-bon-presidential-debate | TheCable
this Shehu Garba is a foolish man,instead of admitting that his illiterate master can't stand a common debate he is beating around the bush.Maybe he think that Nigerians are stupid as his PARTY.Idiot

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Dejohnbull: 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
Let me make my point, he is election looser and can never stand with a winner in debate. Gej till buhari comes out for debate

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by whandeykoal(f): 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
Even if Buhari is dumb...I'll stl vote 4 him
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ogene007: 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote author=HURUCHI post=30252282][/quote]
You should rather pity your gullible self because you are there screaming 'change' everyday, yet you know absolutely nothing about the so called change you are talking about. Ask yourself this question, can a criminal like your Jihadist 'messiah' qualify to ever contest an election in an average European country or any decent country? Yet he comes here, and enlists the services of naive and gullible.people like you to be running behind him like those Fulani cows, screaming 'sai buhari', 'change', yet you can't provide any economic blueprint with which the organized private sector can plan with. Yet, the only opportunity for Nigerians to catch a glimpse of what goes on in the head of your daft Jihadist candidate, he runs away, giving a lame duck excuse. Are you guys not ashamed of yourselves, coming on social media everyday to spew trash. By the mercies and grace of God, we will defeat you evil people. GEJ till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Faraidi(m): 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
whandeykoal:
Even if Buhari is dumb...I'll stl vote 4 him
you must be an slowpoke.am sure he is even smart than you.MONKEY

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by raayah(f): 8:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
jellykiks:
Is Dubai ruled by PHD holders?so pls stop d noise about degree and let concentrate on getting things done in Nigeria.if we av been doing same thing with same party for so long without any change ,would it not be wise to do it differently. If degree holders have not succeeded during d democratic suspension then let give BUHARI a chance.

Dubai is not a country. Its a City. The Ruler of Dubai city is Educated internationally and is also a trained pilot. Your argument has no basis

Why are you comparing Nigeria to a City in UAE. I'm seeing a common trend in this GMB supporters.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by oluwafemi113(m): 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
THE FEAR OF GMB! After watching the hour-long documentary about General Buhari (the man behind the mask), I have realised that Buhari is the only person stopping the PDP and their cronies from continuously looting our treasury. Buhari did not jail or sentenced to death the ordinary citizens or civil servants that collect their monthly salaries. Buhari sentenced to death or imprisoned those that violated the laws at that time. Today, Buhari is not coming as a lawmaker, so he will only enforce the existing laws. The PDP have expressed that they don't like law and order that is why they are afraid of Buhari. The law today is for the ordinary citizens but reverse was the case in the days of Gen. Buhari, the mighty were not spared and that is the singular reason I want him back. The PDP have started telling us how much they love Nigeria as such they don't want it to collapse if Buhari is elected but where is the love for Nigeria they have been preaching? Most of them come into government as average citizens but they leave as billionaires, is that the "love for Nigeria" that they want us to know? Buhari came into power and left the way he came, can they challenge this? The fear of GMB is the beginning of fake propaganda, TV adverts, TV documentaries, death wishes and religious jingoism.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by PLEXPLEX(m): 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Lol
This man should just do us all a favour and step down. If you can't debate with the so-called 'clueless' GEJ, how do you intend to tackle the intellectually-tasking and complex demands of running a democratic country?

If he suspects any form of connivance, he should suggest that a more trusted body handle the debates. APC and co have been asking the PDP to forget the certificate issue and face real matters. Now the time to face real matters is upon us and they're looking for an escape route.

DON'T MIND THE LYING PROPAGANDIST

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by minister2015: 9:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
What is the heck about the debate! GEJ boycotted it in 2011, but was hell let loose! The debate has no value to add to the established voting pattern because most people that will watch the debate r educated nigerians, who know how woefully GEJ has performed in the last 6years. what do you want to hear at the debate: Gini index is on the increase,corruption legalized, insecurity everywhere, tompolo n asari licensed to import ammunition, stealing is not corruption, I want to fight corruptn six years after being in power.
SAI BUHARI
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
Truth b told if buhari is soooo good wif his change mantra he should trash d one dey call clueless na weda GEJ cheats or not.. we all knw GMB cannot outsmart d sitting pres

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Doyin2(m): 9:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
maestroferddi:
You are not adding up, are you?

I want to believe you have watched political debates before. The questions are more or less generic and are directed to each candidate. No-one mandates a candidate to answer in a particular way as every candidate should deploy their discretion to play the questions to their major strength.

Jimi Agbaje, the PDP guber candidate in Lagos has an itinerary on the 30th of this month to attend the Lagos Guber Debate being organised by TVC, the very APC propaganda platform. Jimi being a smart and cerebral person is ever ready to beard a lion in its den. He is ready for whatever APC apparatchik would throw at him.

If Buhari knows his onions, he wouldn't be shirking participation in the debate under the guise of collusion by the organisers.

And has TVC run any repulsive documentary attacking the personality of Agbaje?

This is just like a protest action by GMB, not to honour those that dishonoured him,more so when they are not willing to apologize or address his protest letter.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by eriatwa(f): 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2015
A blessing in disguise atleast for some of us that are still undecided. For people shouting it is good note that whether your a northern or southerner, Christian or Muslim these pple do not care about us. The only way can challenge them is through forums like this when we our politicians know that it it not business as usual when they get us to follow follow them blindly without asking questions.Even if Buhari becomes the president and he brings the sharia his family will not be affected it is still d poor man that steals ten naira that his hands will be chopped off while his children walk the street of Paris with designers bags

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by PLEXPLEX(m): 9:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The truth of the matter is this, Buhari can't stand Patience Jonathan in a debate talk more of GEJ himself, He'll be mauled. grin Hehehehehehehehehehehehe....
An illiterate is an illiterate no matter what, I met an APC fan saying "GMB till sambo debates with osibanjo" grin, Now the guy didn't even talk about the main contender (Buhari ) because he knows What's up...

His supporters will back him on this, cause they don't want further disgrace after the "...I will stabilize oil price" incident.

IMAGINE Buhari ADDRESSING THE U.N GENERAL ASSEMBLY. **heart attack**

DON'T MIND THE FOOLISH PEOPLE.
MY INTEREST WAS EVEN THE DEBATE BTW THE VICE & OSIBANJO.
THEY THOUGHT THE VICE ARCHITECT IS AN ILLITERATE HAUSA MAN LIKE BUHARI, HE WUD VE SUPRISED THEM ALL

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
Too bad for the so called agent of change.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ogene007: 9:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
oluwafemi113:
THE FEAR OF GMB! After watching the hour-long documentary about General Buhari (the man behind the mask), I have realised that Buhari is the only person stopping the PDP and their cronies from continuously looting our treasury. Buhari did not jail or sentenced to death the ordinary citizens or civil servants that collect their monthly salaries. Buhari sentenced to death or imprisoned those that violated the laws at that time. Today, Buhari is not coming as a lawmaker, so he will only enforce the existing laws. The PDP have expressed that they don't like law and order that is why they are afraid of Buhari. The law today is for the ordinary citizens but reverse was the case in the days of Gen. Buhari, the mighty were not spared and that is the singular reason I want him back. The PDP have started telling us how much they love Nigeria as such they don't want it to collapse if Buhari is elected but where is the love for Nigeria they have been preaching? Most of them come into government as average citizens but they leave as billionaires, is that the "love for Nigeria" that they want us to know? Buhari came into power and left the way he came, can they challenge this? The fear of GMB is the beginning of fake propaganda, TV adverts, TV documentaries, death wishes and religious jingoism.
I guess your eyes and ears were both blind and deaf to the aspects of the video that talked about the Afri-Projects Consortium who were sole consultants to PTF, with the mandate of assessing projects, costing the projects, executing the projects, and confirming the quality of projects execution. At the end of the day, 25 billion out of the 100 billion naira PTF funds was missing, and was traced to the consultant. I guess you don't know who owned the company and the fact that he died in questionable circumstances, resulting in your Mr Clean, running the show in the company through his well organized proxies. I'm sure you were also blind and deaf to the 2.8 billion naira missing NNOC (today known as NNPC) money which Shagari government traced to the midlands foreign bank account operated by your Mr Clean, which was the primary reason behind the 1983 coup that ousted Shagari's government. It is clear that your two vital sense organs were playing a trick on you when you were watching the documentary, for that is the only justification for you to come here and attempt to distort historical facts by spewing out this trash you posted here. GEJ till 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by SeverusSnape(m): 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
PLEXPLEX:

DON'T MIND THE FOOLISH PEOPLE.
MY INTEREST WAS EVEN THE DEBATE BTW THE VICE & OSIBANJO.
THEY THOUGHT THE VICE ARCHITECT IS AN ILLITERATE HAUSA MAN LIKE BUHARI, HE WUD VE SUPRISED THEM ALL
That's right sir. They underestimate the prowess of Sambo, They shall be shocked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Lol

choi..this guy likes Dun too plenty,make ona share some come my side Jor.

leave buhari nd Gej tori Jor...Gej just needs time to perfect what he has started...
I don't believe in changing thieves,I believe in CONTINUITY AND CONSISTENCY.

GIVE GEJ THE CHANCE AND A LEVEL GROUND TO WORK AND NIGERIA WILL BE BETTER!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by maestroferddi: 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
Doyin2:

And has TVC run any repulsive documentary attacking the personality of Agbaje?

This is just like a protest action by GMB, not to honour those that dishonoured him,more so when they are not willing to apologize or address his protest letter.
Spare me the baloney!

Yesterday TVC aired a sponsored documentary on the past gubernatorial polls in Osun State in what I believe was a retaliatory gesture against the sponsored documentary on AIT about Buhari.

You need to see an amateurish job of trying to re-enact an Idi Amin-like depiction of Jonathan's government.

NTA might be airing mainly PDP advertorials and news items but at least they don't malign APC. For TVC, it is more like APC is a solution to Nigeria's problems while PDP is a party of demons.

I feel so embarrassed most of the time watching the travesty of broadcast journalism out on display therein. At times viewers would call to complain of the flagrant bias, but they would normally be ignored while the name-calling and blackmailing would go on relentlessly.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by lagdmark(m): 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2015
Buhari's ENGLISH NA WAAH, if i where him i will also run from the debate no be dem go disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by slap1(m): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
ayusco85:

are u an Abian? am servin thr currently and it seems okezuo ikpeazu might win the governorship seat
I'm not an Abian but I was born and raised there. It depends on where you stay, but here in Aba, a majority ofthe electorates support Alex Otti.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by maxtamazin: 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2015
peckhamboi:
I am 100% in support of this move by Buhari.

The Chairman, Board of trustees of NEDG is also the Director-General of the Nigerian Television Authority, Mr. Sola Omole

You only need to watch a little bit of NTA recently to know their level of bias and partisanism

APC are not attending your useless debate if it can't be organised by a neutral body.

Sai Buhari

Then tell Buhari to choose his place and the time..we just want to see them debate and talk about what they intend to do for the country. I think we should agree on that no matter your political affiliation.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by amaraudo: 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
APC MEANS AFRI-PROJECT CONSORTIUM, WHO IS AHMED SALIHIJO? WHO EXECUTED SUBSTANDARD JOBS UNDER PTF? INFLATED CONTRACTS UP TO 20BILLION DOLLARS?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by datribune: 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
mikeansy:

Buhari doesn't need the debate?

Talk about claiming early victory!

The election is 2 weeks away!

Yeah he doesn't because to most voters dis election is a referendum on GMB & GEJ's performance while in public office. d decision between who to vote for is really very easy as both men hav been tested b4 wit varying results. Not a matter of claiming early victory.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by afbstrategies: 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
mikeansy:

this is not about who thinks they are smart

this is about Nigeria and a candidate asking to be voted submitting themselves to the democratic process

Democratic process does not entail using the media for selfish. corrupt and biased purposes. Take a hard look at those who are behind the debate. I wouldn't even recommend GEJ participating in the debate because there's absolutely nothing to show for his 6 years in office though. Debate, at this moment is actually irrelevant. Do you need more schooling because I am actually a strategist!
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by eaglechild: 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
mikeansy:

Buhari doesn't need the debate?

Talk about claiming early victory!

The election is 2 weeks away!

Buhari doesn't need certificate

Buhari doesn't need debate

I guess he also doesn't need his brains to govern. angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by eaglechild: 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
ogene007:

I guess your eyes and ears were both blind and deaf to the aspects of the video that talked about the Afri-Projects Consortium who were sole consultants to PTF, with the mandate of assessing projects, costing the projects, executing the projects, and confirming the quality of projects execution. At the end of the day, 25 billion out of the 100 billion naira PTF funds was missing, and was traced to the consultant. I guess you don't know who owned the company and the fact that he died in questionable circumstances, resulting in your Mr Clean, running the show in the company through his well organized proxies. I'm sure you were also blind and deaf to the 2.8 billion naira missing NNOC (today known as NNPC) money which Shagari government traced to the midlands foreign bank account operated by your Mr Clean, which was the primary reason behind the 1983 coup that ousted Shagari's government. It is clear that your two vital sense organs were playing a trick on you when you were watching the documentary, for that is the only justification for you to come here and attempt to distort historical facts by spewing out this trash you posted here. GEJ till 2019.

This is why i love democracy and FOI.

No more hiding under the cover of the military.

All Buhari's atrocities are coming to light.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Magnus Abe Meets Wike's Wife At A Wedding (Photos) / #SackBuhari: Lai Mohammed Begs Nigerians To Pardon Buhari Over Certificate / Why Fayose Is Not Among Governors Visiting Buhari - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.