Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate (68058 Views)

#EdoDecides: Obaseki Boycotts Public Debate / Patience Jonathan ​boycotts Presidential Prayer / Why Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate Slated For February 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by ayusco85(m): 9:56pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
I'm not an Abian but I was born and raised there. It depends on where you stay, but here in Aba, a majority ofthe electorates support Alex Otti.

Ok.
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Xano(m): 9:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
peckhamboi:
I am 100% in support of this move by Buhari.

The Chairman, Board of trustees of NEDG is also the Director-General of the Nigerian Television Authority, Mr. Sola Omole

You only need to watch a little bit of NTA recently to know their level of bias and partisanism

APC are not attending your useless debate if it can't be organised by a neutral body.

Sai Buhari

interesting. No matter how you spin it, its a disaster. 'Study' this quote below:

maestroferddi:
You are not adding up, are you?

I want to believe you have watched political debates before. The questions are more or less generic and are directed to each candidate. No-one mandates a candidate to answer in a particular way as every candidate should deploy their discretion to play the questions to their major strength.

Jimi Agbaje, the PDP guber candidate in Lagos has an itinerary on the 30th of this month to attend the Lagos Guber Debate being organised by TVC, the very APC propaganda platform. Jimi being a smart and cerebral person is ever ready to beard a lion in its den. He is ready for whatever APC apparatchik would throw at him.

If Buhari knows his onions, he wouldn't be shirking participation in the debate under the guise of collusion by the organisers.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by datribune: 10:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
maestroferddi:
Do you expect me to engage a person like you in a discourse when it is very clear that you lack the ability to marshal your points with logical coherence?

We are talking of debates and you are sounding off on beer parlour gossip.

I don't have time to waste, abeg.

TANoid, I feel ur pain. U can keep throwing tantrums on dis public forum if it eases d pain of knowing dat d clueless one is on d homestrech of his inept presidency. He snubbed d debates in 2011 preferring an interview wit d Koko master. What has changed to make him a believer in debates?. Chew on dis as u go 4 ur beer parlour discussions wit fellow clueless supporters of d Otuoke drunk. d presidency of nigeria is not 4 all comers. Soon nigerians shall say good riddance to d weakest, most corrupt, clueless & effeminate leader in our history. Enjoy ur sycophancy while it lasts. Febuhari 14, it won't be long frm now. No more TANoid nuisance abeg. SAI BUHARI

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by maestroferddi: 10:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
datribune:

TANoid, I feel ur pain. U can keep throwing tantrums on dis public forum if it eases d pain of knowing dat d clueless one is on d homestrech of his inept presidency. He snubbed d debates in 2011 preferring an interview wit d Koko master. What has changed to make him a believer in debates?. Chew on dis as u go 4 ur beer parlour discussions wit fellow clueless supporters of d Otuoke drunk. d presidency of nigeria is not 4 all comers. Soon nigerians shall say good riddance to d weakest, most corrupt, clueless & effeminate leader in our history. Enjoy ur sycophancy while it lasts. Febuhari 14, it won't be long frm now. No more TANoid nuisance abeg. SAI BUHARI
I don't like wasting my gunpowder on ignorant folks.

No point hallucinating, ogbeni. Buhari will not be president, pure and simple. Start getting used to that racing certainty because the moment of truth is just days away.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Rexnegro(m): 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2015
elantraceey:
Not suprised .

He knows people won't understand 70% of what he will say hence the fear .

If he doesn't trust that body then both parties should put head together and bring up another instead of making excuses.
Definitely u must have a short memory....so in 2003,2007 and 2011 people didn't understand him right ? Anyway apc suspect a foul play somewhere hence he bounced out...besides it is bon that organize debate or inec ? A neutral and renounce and well trusted body should be allowed to organize the debate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nicepoker(m): 10:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
deejayterabyte:
Jonathan has already seen the questions, do you think APC are stupid? cheesy cheesy grin grin
of cos they are silly.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by major466(m): 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Buhari is avoiding this debate not out of concern that the organizers are government employees but out of FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN.
Buhari can't stand questions about his certificates grin

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by cod87: 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
Propaganda is inevitable in politics, however for a ruling self acclaimed largest party in Africa to descend so low with the undemocratic media campaign on AIT and NTA and The Punch inclusive. I think anyone with is right thinking sense should see objectivism in why the people's General and APC should boycott the so called debate.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by datribune: 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2015
maestroferddi:
I don't like wasting my gunpowder on ignorant folks.

No point hallucinating, ogbeni. Buhari will not be president, pure and simple. Start getting used to that racing certainty because the moment of truth is just days away.

Hahahaha u TANoids never disappoint. delusion & ignorance is when u still support a man who has shown clearly dat he doesn't hav d bandwidth to run dis complex country. Guy, d handwriting is on d wall, nigerians hav agreed dat stealing is indeed corruption & can not wait to vote out d most corrupt leader in nigerian history. Where will his votes come frm?. d few votes 4 GEJ will come frm d noisy but inconsequential, sycophantic few whose vision is clouded by hate & bigotry & will not mind a continuation of d status quo.
Just as we voted passionately 4 d man frm little-known Otuoke who squandered our goodwill on d alter of rabid corruption, we shall vote massively 4 d People's General to clear d rot of d clueless GEJ years. SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by luvmijeje(f): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2015
Nigerians deserve to see the presidential candidates debate with each other. It's totally wrong for APC to throw out the water with the baby......... They should have find a way to fine tune it to their their own interest. I've been waiting so long for this debate.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by jaybee(f): 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

I also think the excuse though genuine is too cheap. Buhari should be ready for anything thrown at him. This is supposed to be the high point of the campaign

I think APC is just being diplomatic. in the real sense, they are paying back jonathan in his own coin, for not appearing at the 2011 presidential election debate.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by rozayx5(m): 10:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
slap1:
Lol
This man should just do us all a favour and step down. If you can't debate with the so-called 'clueless' GEJ, how do you intend to tackle the intellectually-tasking and complex demands of running a democratic country?

If he suspects any form of connivance, he should suggest that a more trusted body handle the debates. APC and co have been asking the PDP to forget the certificate issue and face real matters. Now the time to face real matters is upon us and they're looking for an escape route.

lol 645 likes and counting, nairalanders are waking up to see the real buhari grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
@ Gej fans &=slap1=Wow! Av neve seen so much "likes" like this on nairaland b4...this sure beats the fake-ip-addressed-paid-goons likes of the APsh*t! Please fellow can we make this a thousand,so APsh*t know they"ve already lost even in their own propaganda games;btw they shud stop calling me and telling me to vote to boko haram...its violates my privacy and I might av to sue them if they eva do that again...let the likes rain on the quoted people cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Bawss1(m): 11:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
By shunning this debate Buhari proves that he is not a true democrat. This would have been an opportunity for him to engage in one of the basic elements of democracy; debate with other candidates before the country and in the process intimate Nigerians with the overall form of one's manifesto.

It is also disgraceful that many people see nothing wrong with this development. Their claims that Jonathan did it before or that the debate will be rigged is nonsense. Jonathan's boycott of the 2011 debate was condemned by all reasonable people so for Buhari to do same is just as condemnable. Besides this is a debate about the candidates and their plans for Nigeria not a quizz in astrophysics or medival history, nobody can outperform the other because they have been privy to the questions beforehand.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Caseless: 11:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
Descartes:
He is a coward!!
u illiterate, it was that bastard from otuoke that played truant during the last debate(2011).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Bawss1(m): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
Caseless:
u illiterate, it was that bastard from otuoke that played truant during the last debate(2011).

So by repeating that shameful act of 2011, Buhari isn't acting cowardly? Be honest with yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by chynes(f): 11:07pm On Jan 29, 2015
jellykiks:
Is Dubai ruled by PHD holders?so pls stop d noise about degree and let concentrate on getting things done in Nigeria.if we av been doing same thing with same party for so long without any change ,would it not be wise to do it differently. If degree holders have not succeeded during d democratic suspension then let give BUHARI a chance.
Guy.. those Dubai emirs and princes go to the best schools in the west.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2015
@ Gej fans &=slap1=Wow! Av neve seen so much "likes" like this on nairaland b4...this sure beats the fake-ip-addressed-paid-goons likes of the APsh*t! Please fellow can we make this a thousand,so APsh*t know they"ve already lost even in their own propaganda games;btw they shud stop calling me and telling me to vote to boko hari...its violates my privacy and I might av to sue them if they eva do that again...let the likes rain on the quoted people cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
Let's go to cnn or bbc
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Caseless: 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
scribble:
For the love of God.

The change messiahs that won't debate. tongue

David Axelrod is a very clever man. He knows if he puts that donkey in front of Nigerians on live TV that he will immediately be campaigning for Jonathan. grin

Which change? They should keep the change!

Nigerians are not that naive. The man has already gone senile and he will just be dropping bomb after bomb after torpedo eg osunbade. Jonathan will coast to victory if they bring this knocked engine out. wink

They've packaged him like arewa customs and featured him like Gidi cars. But they won't let us test drive him. Please never you buy what the salesman won't allow you to test drive. angry

Buhari was an IBB experiment. He failed woefully the first time. He is being used as a drone, controlled by darker cabals than Yaradua era. angry

A vote for Buhari is a vote for your enslavement to the cabal.
what is david axelrod doing for buhari? sad
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by jaybee(f): 11:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
Bawss1:
By shunning this debate Buhari proves that he is not a true democrat. This would have been an opportunity for him to engage in one of the basic elements of democracy; debate with other candidates before the country and in the process intimate Nigerians with the overall form of one's manifesto.

It is also disgraceful that many people see nothing wrong with this development. Their claims that Jonathan did it before or that the debate will be rigged is nonsense. Jonathan's boycott of the 2011 debate was condemned by all reasonable people so for Buhari to do same is just as condemnable. Besides this is a debate about the candidates and their plans for Nigeria not a quizz in astrophysics or medival history, nobody can outperform the other because they have been privy to the questions beforehand.

All of you opening your mouths now. But you did not see anything wrong when GEJ refused to honour the presidential debate in 2011 without giving any excuse. Pay back time for PDP. APC is even diplomatic and considerate enough to explain to the electorate. APC is smart; they paid GEJ in his own coin. GEJ should also feel what it means to disappoint others.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by myproperty(m): 11:45pm On Jan 29, 2015
verygudbadguy:

While i prefer to be neutral btw PDP n APC, i'd like to point out to you that this is not the first time boycott is happening during the presidential debate.
As a matter of fact, President Goodluck Jonathan started it. Another point is, NTA has a reputation of being biaz and PDP friendly.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ahead-of-polls-jonathan-debates-with-himself/88776/

The truth must be told at all time, forget about your partisanship because you are not neutral. Of a truth it is not the first time a presidential debate was boycotted, but President GEJ is not the one that started it as you are making people believe. in 2003 the same Buhari boycotted a presidential debate that was to pitch him against OBJ, this is not the first time Buhari is doing it.

Contrary to the reasons being given for the boycott. The debate is organized by The Nigeria Elections Debate Group in conjunction with other organizations which include AIT,BON,NTA e.t.c. if Channels TV and Sahara reporters want to be part of it they know what to do to be part of it( that is if they are not part of it already).

The Nigeria Elections Debate Group (NEDG) is a coalition of broadcast organizations, civil society organizations and professional groups who are committed to the deepening of democracy in Nigeria and the entrenching of an enduring democratic culture through organized television debates since the return to democratic rule in 1999. Since then, the group has put together debates to enable the Nigerian electorate have an opportunity to hear first hand from aspiring presidential candidates, their intentions and aspirations through an equal opportunity platform. NEDG has since transformed into a broad based non-partisan, non-profit making organization with the primary mandate of organizing and hosting live televised debates for all presidential, vice presidential and gubernatorial candidates in Nigeria..... http://debatesinternational.org/partner/nigeria-elections-debate-group

All the candidate are being asked the same question. AIT had not shown any biased to APC, the documentary in question was a paid advertorial and the APC have done the same thing.

The debate both Buhari and GEJ boycotted in time past did not attract this type of wide spread interest, so by boycotting this one is too suspicious especially with the accusations going on against both candidate, it would have been a platform for many people to take decision on the right candidate. its so unfortunate that Buhari withdrew.

God should help make the right decision

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by angelsing(m): 12:19am On Jan 30, 2015
maestroferddi:
Pardon me but you sound like a joker. I watch TVC almost all the time. The degree of bias and unprofessionalism in that station is simply ridiculous.

Jonathan is such a tolerant leader to condone the kind of madness going on in some media platforms owned by leaders of the opposition or sympathetic to them.

The guber debate is being organised by TVC. Make your findings.
Have u watched NTA and AIT of late if u say TVC is biased...You claiming Jonathan is tolerant is null and void, he has to conduct himself according to law rather than go after them base on case he might not win...How come he has not sanctioned AIT for showing such documentary? Oh! I forgot he championed it...This is not a military regime where the president do as they please, he has to conduct himself according to law....Talking about AIT, it has just been reveal that their online pole was stage to look like APC hacked their system to add more vote for Buhari...This is the people that wants to chair a debate...If am a joker u are definitely the Batman

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by fleet7(m): 12:21am On Jan 30, 2015
hikmojj:
VOTE BUHARI VOTE CHANGE

Change to illiteracy you mean,if apc claim that buhari is the change we need,he should man up by proving to us he is the change we need.Let him take part in the debate beacuse if he doesn't then we will know that indeed he is just an otondo that made his way into the military beacuse of connection he didn't even write waec i swear down when you hear buhari speak you will know that he is an empty vesel i will be ashmed of my country if this man eventually rules us again the whole world is watching us

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by tit(f): 1:27am On Jan 30, 2015
i am ready to debate Buhari on bbc hausa.
i am ready to debate him anywhere!
ha!
Radio kaduna?
let's go!
If he likes he can chose a station in Niger komai,
i shall still daze him with dogon turenchi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Mumuhari(m): 2:16am On Jan 30, 2015
tit:
i am ready to debate Buhari on bbc hausa.
i am ready to debate him anywhere!
ha!
Radio kaduna?
let's go!
If he likes he can chose a station in Niger komai,
i shall still daze him with dogon turenchi.

Pleas go and seat dawn
Mumu
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by Ugom87(f): 2:33am On Jan 30, 2015
Chigold101:
which Obama messed up in anydebate? Did you even watched the two debate? Inshort Romney always fought Obama during the debate... So keep it there, dont confuse people who never watched the debate.

hahaha, ur signature though

1 Like

Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by hikmojj(m): 3:23am On Jan 30, 2015
fleet7:

Change to illiteracy you mean,if apc claim that buhari is the change we need,he should man up by proving to us he is the change we need.Let him take part in the debate beacuse if he doesn't then we will know that indeed he is just an otondo that made his way into the military beacuse of connection he didn't even write waec i swear down when you hear buhari speak you will know that he is an empty vesel i will be ashmed of my country if this man eventually rules us again the whole world is watching us

whatever u like call him he still a million times better than the the bad luck that is ruining my country.....
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by hikmojj(m): 3:24am On Jan 30, 2015
soullove1881:

as you are voting for buhari, remember to vote for your pocket.
see how you can make extra #500,000 as aliexpress VIP.

Click on the below link
http://www.goldencart..com/2015/01/how-i-make-500000-monthly-as-vip-member.html

ok
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by hikmojj(m): 3:27am On Jan 30, 2015
boujaye:

[size=13pt]Buhari come for a debate, we want to hear what your plans for Nigerians are. Your reasons for boycott are not cogent enough and is unacceptable, Your teeming fans wants to hear from you, or you loose them cheaply to ... Be warned! don't take Nigerians for granted[/size]

bros u don de vex?
save diz innocent Nigeria from bad luck o.....CHANGE IS WHAT WE WANT
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by hikmojj(m): 3:54am On Jan 30, 2015
GODpunishAPC:
GOD PUNISH YOU FOR THAT STATEMENT, ANUOFIA.

GODPUNISHAPC

well na ur kind of person na him be bad luck wey de rule us... noting good come from them.....SAVE NIGERIANS FROM BADLUCK ........C. H. A. N. G. E
Re: Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate by kuulamina: 4:28am On Jan 30, 2015
FAILBuhari is a coward... We don't need such person as President of our great nation... NO2Buhari!!!... ForwardEver...BackwardNever...GEJ4Naija

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Zuriel Oduwole Who Interviewed Buhari Has To Say This After The Encounter / Osun Is Second Wealthiest State In Nigeria - Financial Derivatives Company / Pictures From Abubakar Audu's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.