Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,637 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. (3744 Views)

Breaking: Amaechi Stole 53.930 Billion Between February 2014 To January 2015! / Photo: When Buhari Finishes With Nepa / Another Look At Prophecy: Political Crises Between February 16 And May 29, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2015
In a public lecture organized by the Angola Hall, OAU, Ile-Ife titled "Beyond 2015", delivered by Tunde Bakare, he asked, though rhetorically, what would happen between February 15 when the election holds and May 29 when the winner is sworn in if Buhari wins. This question, with the groups of people he gave as strong determining factors that determine who becomes President, couple with his "I want you to think" statement, made everybody to be silent and think.
The groups, according to him, are:
1. The Council of State. It currently has Yakubu Gowon, Olusegun Obasanjo, Shehu Shagari, Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Babangida, Ernest Shonekan and Abdusalam Abubakar. With Buhari as one of the presidential contestants aside, whom will the rest six back as the next president, even though four of them are Generals like Buhari? Bakare also listed T. Y. Danjuma among them.
2. The traditional rulers. He asked whom they would support. He listed the Awujale of Egba, the Ooni of Ife, the Alaafin of Oyo, the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, etc. These people as well as their counterparts in other parts of the country are a strong influence on who emerges as president.
3. Pastors. He listed E. A. Adeboye, Ayo Oritsejafor and David Oyedepo. These men and other prominent pastors could influence their congregations.
4. Captains of industries like Dangote, Otedola, Elumelu, etc.
5. The people.
I ask again, just as Bakare did, what will happen between February 15 and May 29 if Buhari wins. This period, called the lame duck period in the USA, is too long for the lame duck (Jonathan) to do anything. This was the fear in the US that made the date of swearin - in to be moved backward from March to January 20.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Interesting, this should worry everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by anonimi: 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
In a public lecture organized by the Angola Hall, OAU, Ile-Ife titled "Beyond 2015", delivered by Tunde Bakare, he asked, though rhetorically, what would happen between February 15 when the election holds and May 29 when the winner is sworn in if Buhari wins. This question, with the groups of people he gave as strong determining factors that determine who becomes President, couple with his "I want you to think" statement, made everybody to be silent and think.
The groups, according to him, are:
1. The Council of State. It currently has Yakubu Gowon, Olusegun Obasanjo, Shehu Shagari, Muhammadu Buhari, Ibrahim Babangida, Ernest Shonekan and Abdusalam Abubakar. With Buhari as one of the presidential contestants aside, whom will the rest six back as the next president, even though four of them are Generals like Buhari? Bakare also listed T. Y. Danjuma among them.
2. The traditional rulers. He asked whom they would support. He listed the Awujale of Egba, the Ooni of Ife, the Alaafin of Oyo, the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, etc. These people as well as their counterparts in other parts of the country are a strong influence on who emerges as president.
3. Pastors. He listed E. A. Adeboye, Ayo Oritsejafor and David Oyedepo. These men and other prominent pastors could influence their congregations.
4. Captains of industries like Dangote, Otedola, Elumelu, etc.
5. The people.
I ask again, just as Bakare did, what will happen between February 15 and May 29 if Buhari wins. This period, called the lame duck period in the USA, is too long for the lame duck (Jonathan) to do anything. This was the fear in the US that made the date of swearin - in to be moved backward from March to January 20.

Don't worry your head with such an academic exercise.

Buhari cannot win. Ask El-Rufai, he just might explain to you again why he KNOWS the old pensioner is perpetually unelectable shocked

If you are not satisfied with El-Rufai's explanation, you can check with the JagaBandit head of the Thief'nuibu CABAL, he should be able to provide further information on how he concluded that the daft & dumb old soldier is an "EXPIRED leader".

Whatever you find out from these two please do not forget to share with the rest of us here.
Cheers grin cheesy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by ayukdaboss(m): 3:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
[s]
anonimi:

Buhari cannot win. Ask El-Rufai, he just might explain to you again why he KNOWS the old pensioner is perpetually unelectable shocked

If you are not satisfied with El-Rufai's explanation, you can check with the JagaBandit head of the Thief'nuibu CABAL, he should be able to provide further information on how he concluded that the daft & dumb old soldier is an "EXPIRED leader".

Whatever you find out from these two please do not forget to share with the rest of us here.
Cheers grin cheesy
[/s]

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by ntyce(m): 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
Jonah will use the 3 months to pack his baggage to Otueke.
But seriously, that period is too long. Expect the PDP to loot as much as they can within that period.
Buhari can however use the same period to award contract for the construction of prisons to jail the looters.

11 Likes

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
Anonimi, this is a serious matter that should, as Bakare said, make us think. I made sure I stayed till the end before I left Ile-Ife even when it was getting late so as to give everything in detail. Please, let us just discuss. If there is any post-election violence, Buhari, Jonathan and the rest will be adequately protected. What happens to you and I? What happens to INEC ad-hoc staff? Think!

2 Likes

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
One minute the Lord told Bakare that there would be 'No 2015', the next minute 'what happens when Buhari wins' SMH.. Pasitor!!

All these talks aint necessary..Buhari can NEVER be president...I don't know how else to say this AGAIN..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Anonimi, this is a serious matter that should, as Bakare said, make us think. I made sure I stayed till the end before I left Ile-Ife even when it was getting late so as to give everything in detail. Please, let us just discuss. If there is any post-election violence, Buhari, Jonathan and the rest will be adequately protected. What happens to you and I? What happens to INEC ad-hoc staff? Think!

The post-election violence will it not be carried out by youths? Most of which are Nairalanders, you and I..or do you expect Buhari or Goodluck to be involved directly with any violence?

1 Like

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
ntyce:
Jonah will use the 3 months to pack his baggage to Otueke.
But seriously, that period is too long. Expect the PDP to loot as much as they can within that period.
Buhari can however use the same period to award contract for the construction of prisons to jail the looters.
If Buhari wins, he won't have any power till May 29. This was the same situation that Abraham Lincoln found himself. After his victory at the election, the outgoing President was making policies Lincoln felt could not stem the feared Civil War between the north and the south.

1 Like

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by BrightEye(m): 3:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
What happens when buhari wins will remain in the realm of imaginations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by anonimi: 4:02pm On Jan 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Whose supporters killed youth corpers and other innocent civilians after their idol lost in 2011

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2057796_buhl_jpeg03e3e6ee2267e7a75623ff5297fa1adb

Vote wisely!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
Gej should go and rest he knws buhari is going to win the election come febuhari14.
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
anonimi:

Whose supporters killed youth corpers and other innocent civilians after their idol lost in 2011

Vote wisely!!!
There issues like the Council of State, the traditional rulers, the pastors and the business moguls that Bakare raised, why are you particular about Buhari? The afore mentioned groups, if care is not taken, will pick or influence the choice of the next president. Think.

1 Like

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by nwabekeyi101: 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
[s]
anonimi:

Cheers grin cheesy
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by tinkinjow: 4:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
Answer...If plans go thro, the niger delta quits Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by MissEse: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
We all pray for peace. God see us through.
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by dridowu: 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
anonimi:

Vote wisely!!!
Nigerians please
they are all graduate
they are unemployed/underemployed
they paid for FG job
Some got injured seriously
About 15-24 of them lost their lifes.
Who is the next victim ? Beware
No one was blame
No one resign
No one was sack

Vote wisely!!!

1 Like

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by jars9: 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
The solution to this is not far fetched Continity.
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by jars9: 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
The solution to this is not far fetched Continuity,we the masses would suffer the effects of this election,it can slow us down when continuity can actually move us forward slowly but surely we the masses can decide yo enjoy our peace of mind than put the whole country under tension .

How on earth would you say someone should take an uneducated 72 years old man that has been out of government for over 30 years to be his president?

Well, if you may care to know, Buhari won't rule with decrees and this time around it will be laws as entrenched in the constitution. So the era of waking up and enacting a decree is over. Looking at the people bankrolling his campaign and the party, they are a collection of aggrieved congregational congress according to Soludo. These guys are angry because, they have not being able to lay their hands on our common wealth.

Come to think of it Nigerians ,can Buhari cope with the complexities of modern leadership? We are in a situation in Nigeria where the President outsourced his responsibilities because he isn't capable and we are clamouring for someone that is even super clueless. Yes, he has no integrity........Well, time will tell. Fighting corruption in Nigeria is like fighting unemployment benefit and immigration issues in the UK.

Dont believe all those propaganda they all want in on the action , them wan chop too at our detriment, for those who care to know it takes faith, understanding plus patience in the system to experience growth and to experience the growth we must avoid the path of confrontation, a bitter ,2019 would be the best time for us to evaluate ourselves and make a peaceful hitch free change ,you can't take power from the ss without confrontation because the north would be getting it through violence as Nigerians we need to let them know that violence is not the way to get power because if it's that way don't expect a stable government from pa Buhari this is democracy we either choose to move forward or remain stagnant. The world is watching us and our stupidity.

For those that are married would you chase your wife out of the house because she's not perfect just to marry another one who you think is perfect when you know that no human is perfect who's fooling who?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
Looting
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by Tongsman(m): 6:15pm On Jan 29, 2015
Only God knows, my prayer is that we should all be alive beyond that time.
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by egift(m): 6:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
OP, 3 months is enough for Jonathan to pack. Sai Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
Feb 14th 2015 is an omen!

If for any reason, Jonathan is declared winner of the election, then the baboon, dogs, cats, goats, snail, and even ants will be soaked in blood!

Southerners living in the North, beware of "The Ides" of February.

On the other hand, if Buhari is declare winner of the election, then oil which is the only thread that ties Nigeria as "one" will snap. The owners of the oil will like to use the opportunity to define the "oneness" of Nigeria.

Jonathan will be in a dilenma on whether to deploy military or not.

Well, if you work at oil installations, beware of "The ides" of February.

Head or tail Nigeria is jinxed.

1 Like

Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by chacoonder(m): 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
anonimi:

Vote wisely!!!
We will, but tell your Payers that they should not try to rig this election cos it's going to be 'unrigable'.
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by ASL33: 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

There issues like the Council of State, the traditional rulers, the pastors and the business moguls that Bakare raised, why are you particular about Buhari? The afore mentioned groups, if care is not taken, will pick or influence the choice of the next president. Think.
How can they influence the choice when the people have made a choice already. Unless the election is inconclusive I don't think those listed can do anything. Any attempt will result to another thing. If Buhari wins Jona will hand over by May 29, if JONA win he will be sworn in for the second time on the same date.
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by brainpower(m): 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2015
The way I see it, GEJ will make sure that if he is going down then he is going with a lot of people and almost everyone listed there will go with him. Nigeria isn't united enough for a peaceful transition.

That being said, its only an imagination. GEJ will win the elections.
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by ASL33: 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2015
P
dridowu:
Nigerians please
they are all graduate
they are unemployed/underemployed
they paid for FG job
Some got injured seriously
About 15-24 of them lost their lifes.
Who is the next victim ? Beware
No one was blame
No one resign
No one was sack
Vote wisely!!!
Thought you are a graduate?
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by bro4u: 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
nothing at all bt afta May 29 i.e May 30 COUP D'ETAT undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by Etfash(m): 8:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
I perceive that after the elections there would be chaos and mass abductions; people missing anyhow. However, many are praying already so that the days and events would be shortened. But more importantly, i perceive a very glorious future for Nigeria after these troublous times.

My advice: WATCH and PRAY; don't be an instrument of violence and be hopeful.
May you be alive to see the new Nigeria
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by Jesusloveyou: 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
anonimi:

Vote wisely!!!
and they help gej to rigg,those coppers are d ones murdering our tomoro,set north east on fire,because of their greediness and wickedness.judgement year for those who wil rigg d election.
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
egift:
OP, 3 months is enough for Jonathan to pack. Sai Buhari.
I'm not talking about it being enough for Jonathan to pack, but if Asari Dokubo, Tompolo, Ateke Tom, Boyloaf, etc would use it to carry out any attack.
Re: What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. by CaptainAmerica1: 8:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
jars9:
[s]The solution to this is not far fetched Continuity,we the masses would suffer the effects of this election,it can slow us down when continuity can actually move us forward slowly but surely we the masses can decide yo enjoy our peace of mind than put the whole country under tension .

How on earth would you say someone should take an uneducated 72 years old man that has been out of government for over 30 years to be his president?

Well, if you may care to know, Buhari won't rule with decrees and this time around it will be laws as entrenched in the constitution. So the era of waking up and enacting a decree is over. Looking at the people bankrolling his campaign and the party, they are a collection of aggrieved congregational congress according to Soludo. These guys are angry because, they have not being able to lay their hands on our common wealth. [/s]

Come to think of it Nigerians ,can Buhari cope with the complexities of modern leadership? [s]We are in a situation in Nigeria where the President outsourced his responsibilities because he isn't capable and we are clamouring for someone that is even super clueless. Yes, he has no integrity........Well, time will tell. Fighting corruption in Nigeria is like fighting unemployment benefit and immigration issues in the UK.

Dont believe all those propaganda they all want in on the action , them wan chop too at our detriment, for those who care to know it takes faith, understanding plus patience in the system to experience growth and to experience the growth we must avoid the path of confrontation, a bitter ,2019 would be the best time for us to evaluate ourselves and make a peaceful hitch free change ,you can't take power from the ss without confrontation because the north would be getting it through violence as Nigerians we need to let them know that violence is not the way to get power because if it's that way don't expect a stable government from pa Buhari this is democracy we either choose to move forward or remain stagnant. The world is watching us and our stupidity.

For those that are married would you chase your wife out of the house because she's not perfect just to marry another one who you think is perfect when you know that no human is perfect who's fooling who?[/s]

Yes! Yes he can.

+ he would NOT be surrounded by the likes of Okupe, oMOCKERY and Abati in aso rock. Intellectuals like Fashola would be there to support him.

He would also have an active, intelligent VP not some dormant fool. This is what democracy is all about. Not having 5 presidents at the same time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Aburi Prophecy / Buhari Wants To Send Me To Jail – Patience Jonathan / How Tinubu’s Wife, Remi, Publicly Embarrassed Ondo Governor At Colloquium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.