Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants (33070 Views)

Boko Haram Recaptures Gamboru / Hundreds Killed As Chad Forces Seize Northeast Nigerian Town - YAHOO NEWS / After Troops Recapture Mubi Town From Boko Haram, Life Returns (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
bettercreature:

I said it few days ago Chad has the best desert forces in the world and this further shows how clueless our government is
I still cant understand why we can not launch a full scale war with 30.000 soldiers at once

You obviously do not understand military MOO. Do you know what you're requesting for? A type "A" attack? After, you are the to start crying that America refused to sell arms to us.
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Popemax(m): 9:05pm On Jan 29, 2015
........smh
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Horus(m): 9:07pm On Jan 29, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkSZ0cgpAOc

[size=15pt]Chadian troops join war against Boko Haram[/size]

1 Like

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 29, 2015
GodMode:

Military news reporting is done by video and live coverage not by tweeting.

Have you ever thought of why no media agency reports terrorist activity in the north.. Its so that gej can save face in the eyes of sw,ss,se and east.

For your info:
Terrorist attacks happen more often than reported in newspapers in sw,ss,se.
. You can buy a video camera,travel to the northeast and try getting videos and live coverage of the actions for us na Oga.
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Awaja(m): 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
This chad of a country is playing an already writing script for the destabilisation of Nigeria, but one thing is sure,what binds us is greater than our difference,Nigeria should weda Chadian govt seriously..
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by lagdmark(m): 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ogbon400:

Massive “Boko-Haram” Assault Against Northern Nigeria Cities Underway(Russian Military Intelligence)

According to a source close to Russian Military Intelligence, Sunday’s attack against Maiduguri was a “warm up exercise” carried out by Boko-Haram aimed at testing the preparedness of the Nigerian military for the upcoming “Battle for Northern Nigeria”.

50,000 Boko-Haram mercenaries flanked by 4,000 NATO military advisers are reported to be stationed in Chad as well as in Boko-Haram controlled territory inside Nigeria preparing for a massive offensive against Maiduguri, Bauchi,Kano, Kaduna and Jos. The purpose of these attacks against Northern Nigerian cities is to create “facts on the ground” that will redraw the map of Nigeria and lead to a de facto partition of the country ,as predicted(and desired) by the US Department of Defense during the Bush Admistration

The “fall” of Northern Nigerian cities before the general elections scheduled for February 14th, will automatically lead to the cancellation of the poll and to an internationalization of crisis under the auspices of the United Nations.

If the story is true , then the division of nigeria going to be a reality. But how will the yorubas react to the fact that their Hausa/Fulani M are living nigeria
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by bb6xt(m): 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
Henry120:

Let us see how things progress. If they don't vacate the Area, we go to war with Chad, it's as simple as that.

You never fight boko haram finish na chad you want go fight? Abegi!

3 Likes

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by notoriousbabe: 9:29pm On Jan 29, 2015
Na wa o,this is one of the reasons we need change in this country
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by rka1: 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Henry120:

No, this is not the problem. The issue is with the Nigerian life style of been reactive. We seem to only respond and not pre-empt news reports. It would have been sensible for our DHQ to release a comment to this effect before this report was released by the BBC.

Operation Serval worked so well, not because the french are super-humans or knew how to really fight, but because the French controlled entirely the narrative of the story.

For instance, over 100 french troops were pinned down by only a dozen jihadists, the french had to call in cannon fire from gunships and PGM.

I hear you, but it appears it was the guy from Niger that broke the news, so one has to ask why? Did they contact Nigeria to verify?, no.

The Nigerian Armed Forces have been conducting operations for days now, though they have not been specific, although there was that news report recently that said there would be a push involving MNJTF.
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Emmahunk(m): 9:50pm On Jan 29, 2015
BMZK:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-31038579

Chad's army has driven Boko Haram militants out of Malumfatori town in north-eastern Nigeria, a senior official from Niger has told the BBC.

The reported capture of the town, which lies near the borders of Chad and Niger, follows two days of fighting.

Both ground and air forces are reported to have been used in the assault.

Niger officials said Chadian ground forces moved into the town after crossing Lake Chad. It is not known if the operation was approved by Nigeria.

Sincerity of purpose in any venture is one thing that cannot be hidden.
Wooow, to recover from BH, a small community in another Country, the Chadian army first crossed Lake Chad, then spared nothing as they used both land and air assault to crush the insurgents.
Wether the Nigeria high Command supported and was aware of this, is another issue. The bitter lesson here is that our leaders have not told us the truth about BH and why they are paying lip service to the fight against them. Posterity will judge our leaders for the blood of the innocent victims, the waste of lives of our officers and men and finally the tax payers' money being lavished in fighting a war they actually do not want to end
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by 360command: 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

My dear!
This this is damn scary if you really look at it. As in even Togo can challenge us right now.

We all know the Nigerian army is gallant on a normal day but their morale is at an all time low now. Plus they are not well armed.
It's really sad.
there is a difference between fighting your own blood and a stranger.
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by chronique(m): 9:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
Stupidity is when people begin to talk about and analyse issues that they know nothing about,yet try to sound like they are experts on the matter. So much thrash being posted here. Nigeria is filled up with so many internet warriors,lions and gangsters. Most of the morons sitting behind their keyboards and maligning the Nigerian army,do not have the boldness to even volunteer their lives to defend the nation. But they come online to insult and rain abuses on people who left loving families at home,to go pay the ultimate price in defending the nation. They are so quick to open the gutter they call mouths,to say "it is not my job;I'm not a soldier" or "the soldiers are being paid to do their job;it is what they signed for",as if there are special people who must die for them to live. If you guys have no idea of what's going on in the north-east,wouldn't it be better if you kept your mouths shut rather than coming online to spew rubbish and paint the entire army and leadership of a nation bad out of ignorance? There is a problem with sabotage in the army which the military high command are aware of. The solution to that,is not making unfounded statements and ridiculing the entire army in the process. If you feel you know so much about military warfare and counter-insurgency operations;then go and join the army and contribute your quota. You guys keep saying the Nigerian army is weak,yet you can still type comfortably from your living rooms;it's those so called weaklings that has made that possible. People keep mentioning the exploits Nigerian soldiers performed in Liberia and Sierra-Leone and they compare that with insurgency in the north-east;these are two different scenarios. In Liberia,there were several factions and ECOMOG soldiers were actually in charge of the capital,Monrovia. This was so because there was actually a rebel faction in support of the ECOMOG troops and the ECOMOG troops only had to fight against the Taylor led rebel group. It's on record that Samuel Doe was actually captured after He visited the ECOMOG headquaters. He never made it back to his house. The ECOMOG troop couldn't prevent him from being captured and killed.

What's my point in all of these? Our soldiers have tried their best in the last 6yrs in battling these insurgents,despite the difficult nature of this war. Fighting against an enemy who has a representative that you can't fish out in your midst,isn't a very easy job. In our peace keeping missions in Liberia and sierra leone,we never encountered such. There was no record of sabotage amongst the troops.

As Nigerians,I understand that we all want to take pride in our armed forces being the ones to re-capture our towns back from the insurgents but in a situation where our own people are making that impossible,what do we do? Let's stop talking like the battle is as easy as waving a magical wand;there's no president who would be happy to be in GEJ's position right now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Fourwinds: 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2015
Mathematical:
isn't it a slap on our nation,the nigerian military force and all?a county like chad giving a hand.well its hard to judge when the so called clueless president doesn't have what it got to drive out the sect..
He said he is not a general neither Nebucadnezzard
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by xdravy(m): 10:03pm On Jan 29, 2015
sincerenigerian:
Good job. I hope Nigerian Army doesn't have to face a foreign army anytime soon. What they couldn't do for three years only took Chad army about two weeks to do.
naija army is busy with GEJ rally and blocking stadium in rivers state and preparing for feb14. May God help us. lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Ogbon400: 10:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
Obama's CIA Runs Boko-Haram (US Documentary filmmaker)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1mNgg8TtTM

Concerned Nigerians should watch this video

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Ogbon400: 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
Boko-Haram "Created and Funded" by the CIA (African-American Activist)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHxF7REKT7k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by sammhi(m): 10:11pm On Jan 29, 2015
eldoradoxx:
This government has spent 4 trillion naira since 2011 to prosecute war against boko haram. That amount is much more than the total budget of Republic of Chad in any year. Yet Chadian army, not Nigeria that captures our territory from boko haram. Observe again that boko haram fears Cameroon and Niger army more than they fear Nigeria Army. Someone said somewhere that the army of sheep led by a lion should be feared over and above an army of lions led by a sheep. The last represents Nigeria, when you have a Jonathan as commander in chief, our army would surely, but sadly take the posture of a lamb. I believe our army is the best in Africa, we only need a strong commander in chief.

so in your own retarded thinking, only GMB as C-IN-CX can defeat BH? Then we are in shit..and if GMB does not win or he is yardua what happens?
when US army could not defeat the Vietnamese, did it mean they have to change the president and bring in a retired general? so in effect, until an army man is NOT in power(retired or active ) the Nigerian army will not respond to command ? then we are done . we can as well pack up the democracy and let army rule us forever. dumbass? the ARMY ruled this country for over 30 years and left the country worse....
in life you must learn to think through things.... no body is indispensable and there is nothing like until this person is there things wont move ..it is a slave mentality... only God gives power so the Quaran thought you..so why don't you allow God's will be done? if God says GEJ will continue then accept it not thinking until it is according to how you wish it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by hardbody: 10:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
idu1:
good english writer. U ve shown how u will rule, if you are mistakenly elected for any leadership position in future. Political bigot......

Sir, i am very apolitical. I have no political leaning. I don't even have a voter's card neither do i know who your prospective leaders are except for Buhari and Goodluck both of whom are managerially bereft and incompetent. I am only interested in Buhari because he is a serial liar giving 3 different versions of where his non existent certificates are. I am much too smart to be hoodwinked by all the stories they have used to brainwash you guys. Let us just leave it there.
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Rubbish news and so not true.
1. how come the Chadian government aren't the ones reporting this news?instead, Niger is speaking chad....abi chad can't they speak human language again?
2. how come they crossed Lake chad? since when did they have a naval team?
3. how come only very baised BBC news is reporting this news?
4. how come both the Chadian and Niger government haven't made a press statement on this matter?
5. how come fighting was for 2days and yet we never heard of anything?
6. since when did Chadian niger begin fighting? I thought it was chad and Cameroon joining team? or they chad move into Niger to help them also?

Nigerians, pls wake up....your country is been attacked by not just boko haram but also with propaganda against our government and the military from strong external forces.
all I see on this blogs are 80% kids.

how can a Right thinking man say the Chadian army would defeat the Nigerian army in battle? Who is that dumb civilian?
Nigeria remains the only country in Africa capable of raising a 3million standing army if they wish
Nigeria is the most experienced Black Africa nation in war
Nigeria has some of the best military officers in world
Nigeria is the only black African country with extensive conventional war experience. Boko haram is an asymmetrical (counter terriosm) warfare which no African country has experience in it. Not until the fall of Gadahiff that northern Africans started training there troops on Counter terriosm

Nigeria is the richest black nation that can acquire an sort of arms they need because we are rich. Chad, Niger, Cameroon all know this and they cannot move into Nigerias space unless even permission and so far such permission hasn't and wouldn't be given.
If boko haram were so mighty and strong, why haven't they taken over just one state at least?

1 Like

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
ichidodo:
They are Nigerians and their land belong to this country,i believe this here is a consequence of high level military planning greatly removed from the COs in the fields to minimise infiltration and sabotage...BH have always been a rag tag guerrilla group.
opening two fronts at the expense of their flagging personnel and supplies will kill them off quicker than an aglomeration of forces and a frontal general assault from one kill zone after another....this was the tactics General Scipio of the Roman Auxiliary XXII in conjuction with General nero's XX legion used to halt Hannibal of Carthage from reaching Rome ditto Stalin,Roosevelt and Churchill creating three fronts to stretch Hitler's wermacht and eventually breaking it up in pieces ..
Are you in any way related to Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon?
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by searider(m): 10:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
kingslly:
When last did u really surf the net or listen to the news apart from rushing to nairaland to show how ignorant you are?

Rushing to nairaland? Uncle, what are u doing here? Ohhhh I forgot; you are the moderator.

Abeg lemme see road jooor.
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by kraftykc(m): 10:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
EVarn:
@Henry120@agaugust,isnt this what i forsaw last week?,but you doubted my opinion on the matter.how are we sure that chad will relinquish control of those towns back to nigeria when the war is over?...chad has come to annex all of nigeria's oil rich northeastern territory.it would be better for our government to take decisive action now before it gets out of hand.i hope the current administration wont disappoint once again.

Yes oh. We have seen this coming miles away. Chad doesn't have any iota of goodwill towards us. I am so bloody bitter with Jonathan for not having the foresight to see what a threat Chad poses. Like doth say sha, lets see what happens next.
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by EmekaBlue(m): 10:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
U guyz sound lyk Nigeria army has neva taken or kill hundreds of boko out of many towns...Our army r over stretched..dont b stupid pple on d way media paint dem black

1 Like

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by EmekaBlue(m): 10:54pm On Jan 29, 2015
But seriously is high time Nigeria stop ignoring d north east and take full charge b4 small chad claim d land
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Craigston: 11:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
Also provide a good supply of body bags. Nigeria has a long way to go. We're overlooking military might. We must have not only defensive power, but also offensive power.
'The Japanese recognized three powers: the power of the sword; the power of the jewel and the power of the mirror.
bettercreature:
I said it few days ago Chad has the best desert forces in the world and this further shows how clueless our government is
I still cant understand why we can not launch a full scale war with 30.000 soldiers at once
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Litmus: 11:55pm On Jan 29, 2015
Well, one does not have to be a soldier to see that it is unacceptable for Chadian troops to fight insurgency on Nigerian soil let alone taking the lead. If there are saboteurs among the Nigeria military ranks whose fault is that, civilians or the military for lacking the imagination or machinery to root most out ? When the economy of Nigeria falls and there's inflation, would Johnathan not seem pathetic if he tried to cow critics by hollering that people in the Nation that are not politician don't know how difficult it is for him to fight corruption when there are vested interest and that ordinary people are cowards who should try politics before they criticize him? When it was stated that Cameroon disarmed Nigerian troops when Nigerian troops retreated into their Nation where were the voices hollering at Cameroon authorities for disarming Nigerians troops and calling Cameroon authorities cowards for disarming Nigerian troops when they, Cameroonians hadn't tasted battle as Nigerian soldiers had ? Now Chadian troops are fighting on our land killing "terrorists" (what a laugh) and no doubt our people in the form of collateral damage also.

Maybe civilians should go and rob and pillage because the military, police and politicians don't know how hard it is to be a Nigerian citizen without job or prospects?? angry

Jesus, this thing is bad, people don't realize how bad yet. By the way, if Chad is indeed fighting on Nigerian soil with Nigeria's' consent, are they fighting in support of our troops (this is bad enough) or are our troops supporting them.....

urrg embarassed embarassed feel sick, i'm gonna puke

Actually, i think I'm dreaming, i need to go to bed, maybe tomorrow I'll wake up to find that this is all a bad dream.
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by BotherMleeper(m): 12:09am On Jan 30, 2015
Henry120:

Let us see how things progress. If they don't vacate the Area, we go to war with Chad, it's as simple as that.

you'd go to war against the army that defeated the militia you couldnt defeat?

seriously?
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by ahbey(m): 12:19am On Jan 30, 2015
sincerenigerian:
Good job. I hope Nigerian Army doesn't have to face a foreign army anytime soon. What they couldn't do for three years only took Chad army about two weeks to do.
You don't know what you are talking about....
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Eluwilussit(m): 12:54am On Jan 30, 2015
Sweetlemon:

My dear!
This this is damn scary if you really look at it. As in even Togo can challenge us right now.

We all know the Nigerian army is gallant on a normal day but their morale is at an all time low now. Plus they are not well armed.
It's really sad.

NA is still strong and capable of handling any foreign aggressor. The Boko Haram issue can't be a true measure of our Army. A lot of people from the north are sympathetic to BH. We are not United. When we face another country and stand united, we will overrun most in days. My opinion as a naija man.

1 Like

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Khd95(m): 1:05am On Jan 30, 2015
I had tot d nigrian military was an ALMiIGHTY force

Trouble looms big somwhere in dis nation
I hope nigeria ill nt cede dat reqion 2 awa neighborin sister countries oo grin

Chooi long life Nig.military........long 2 c u do ur own tin like its no body's bizznes cool
Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by Khd95(m): 1:14am On Jan 30, 2015
Columella:
Rubbish news and so not true.
1. how come the Chadian government aren't the ones reporting this news?instead, Niger is speaking chad....abi chad can't they speak human language again?
2. how come they crossed Lake chad? since when did they have a naval team?
3. how come only very baised BBC news is reporting this news?
4. how come both the Chadian and Niger government haven't made a press statement on this matter?
5. how come fighting was for 2days and yet we never heard of anything?
6. since when did Chadian niger begin fighting? I thought it was chad and Cameroon joining team? or they chad move into Niger to help them also?

Nigerians, pls wake up....your country is been attacked by not just boko haram but also with propaganda against our government and the military from strong external forces.
all I see on this blogs are 80% kids.

how can a Right thinking man say the Chadian army would defeat the Nigerian army in battle? Who is that dumb civilian?
Nigeria remains the only country in Africa capable of raising a 3million standing army if they wish
Nigeria is the most experienced Black Africa nation in war
Nigeria has some of the best military officers in world
Nigeria is the only black African country with extensive conventional war experience. Boko haram is an asymmetrical (counter terriosm) warfare which no African country has experience in it. Not until the fall of Gadahiff that northern Africans started training there troops on Counter terriosm

Nigeria is the richest black nation that can acquire an sort of arms they need because we are rich. Chad, Niger, Cameroon all know this and they cannot move into Nigerias space unless even permission and so far such permission hasn't and wouldn't be given.
If boko haram were so mighty and strong, why haven't they taken over just one state at least?
baba I dy feel u gan

I totally agree wit ye points
Corruption nd maladministration is d key problem in dis part of d word........I remove cap 4 u sire...

As 4 dos myopic idiots alway talkn down #we dem army I pity una

Bro I wan 4lo u woooh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants by babadee1(m): 1:21am On Jan 30, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan has completely mismanaged the Nigerian armed forces to the point that Chad is able to root out Boko Haram from a village where our army was not able to. At the same time he is giving Asari, Tompolo and Ateke Tom licenses to import heavy arms and buy warships.
I'm convinced there is a conspiracy going on to weaken the armed forces and to strengthen the Niger Delta militants in anticipation of a future eventual showdown.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Abidemi Rufai Should Not Be Granted Bail – U.S. Govt. / Anambra Commissioner Of Works & Federal Controller Visit 2nd Niger Bridge- PIX / Abia Government Starts Rehabilitation Of Ehi Road In Aba (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.