Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,362 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Post Offices In Lagos And Thier Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post Offices In Lagos And Thier Charges (592 Views)

Drama Trails Scrapping Of First Lady Titles, Offices In States-Daily Trust / Ambode Creates Ministry Of Employment, Two Other Offices In Lagos / Locating Nigeria's Four Topmost Offices In One Area Untenable - Uduaghan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Post Offices In Lagos And Thier Charges by oluite(f): 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2015
I am not to sure if this is the appropriate section to post this,please moderators kindly assist post in appropriate section.Thank you.

Please i noticed that for sometime now post offices in Lagos charge about N500.00 each to pick up packages from abroad.For instance,if you have 4(four) parcels to pick up,you will have to pay N2000.00 and you will be issue a receipt as well.I complained to the post office staff and was told all post office in Lagos charge this N500.00and its called handling charge.
I think this is simply ridiculous. I get you have to pay to send parcel but i don't get the rationale behind having to pay to pick up your parcels bearing in mind that the sender has paid to have the parcel sent in the first place.

Is this normal practice in other developed countries?
To who and how can one make a formal complaint about this?
Re: Post Offices In Lagos And Thier Charges by temitemi1(m): 5:59pm On Jan 29, 2015
Let's ask fashola...

(1) (Reply)

Oyo State 2015.....which Way / GBAM: Soludo Challenges Okonjo-iweala To An Economic Dabate / Nigeria’s Giving Muhammadu Buhari —what He’s Always Wanted A CHANCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.