Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan (45494 Views)

AIT Takes Down Online Poll Where Buhari Was Trouncing Jonathan / AIT Online Presidential Poll Live GMB currently leading / Breaking News: BBC Admits Charlie Hebdo's Attack Was Faked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by sodams007(m): 8:52am On Jan 30, 2015
CeejayCharles:
Go through your profile? I am sure everything on there is as fake as those ip addresses so why waste my data and energy **Chewing my popcorn and moving to more interesting and sensible people***

My guy pick race, I would have loved to know on which platform u code....... Na today we for finish u.

Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by sodams007(m): 8:58am On Jan 30, 2015
sylver1:
And this so called "ICT expert" hasn't heard of IP spoofing. With a spoofing tool, an attacker can modify the source IP address of an IP packet header.
One of the flaws of the TCP/IP suite is that some systems rely on only the source IP address as a means of authentication.
Routers only inspect the destination IP address in the packet to make routing decisions. The source IP address is not required by routers and even an invalid source IP address will not affect the delivery of packets. #Shalom

Obviously u know less about routing.
A router uses both source and destination address for routing decisions, path selection and keepalive. Even access-lists use source address.

So why trying hard to explain wat u know little about

Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by Emmasonic4me: 9:05am On Jan 30, 2015
obynoses:
Mr.Gbenga Sesan who taught you networking? I am a better IT Expert than you are. The subnet masks are the only addresses restricted between 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255. But that is not even the point.The faked pole according to you doesnt contain anything above normal. The highest I.P address in the faked pole is 82.145.210.186 which is in a normal Internet protocol cum Transfer Communication protocol range. Why do you fools like faking reports? Please that result was faked. if you need expatiation you can contact me through my nairaland I.D let me teach you basics of Networking. Take a look at the pix and you see for yourself that non I.P octal was above 200. Meanwhile the subnet wasnt shown so shot your crap you cow.

In addition to this, I remember when PayPal has not allowed Nigerians to "officially" use their services. They configured their website so that it rejects IP addresses from Nigeria. Yet, internet marketers had a way of bye passing this restriction by locating a cyber cafe that uses foreign IP address to create an account by registering with a random foreign home or company address they googled online, manage and fully operate their PayPal accounts from Nigeria here.

Based on this possibility, the claim of an IP address with 82 as the first octate number being located in Europe does not hold water.
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by farem: 9:09am On Jan 30, 2015
EdCure:
And this is the same AIT that intends to host (and organise) election debates. SMH!

This is 2015, not 1999. If you want to lie, you have to be very smart.
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by Ayobamms: 9:15am On Jan 30, 2015
Ahmeduana:

YOU WANT TO TELL ME THAT 168 HUMAN PRESS LIKES FOR THIS THRASH YOU TYPE OR 168 GHOSTS AND ROBOTS!

www.google.com is always there for you... And after that, do not forget to drink some hypo to quench your 'bad belle'
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by hermesprogidy(m): 9:18am On Jan 30, 2015
GEJ and AIT have just been delivered a hay-maker. grin grin

Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by sinhin(m): 9:34am On Jan 30, 2015
alcuin:

Miss....port addresses are used to identify services running in a device. We are talking of layer 3 addresses here, which are ip addresses and no ipv4 address can end with greater than 255.

Go back and learn. Port addresses are layer 2 addresses. In addition, MAC addresses are layer 1 and this is tied to the device hardware.

MAC are layer 2 addresses. PORT are layer 4 addresses. However, i totally agree with your analysis on the fake ip. It was just on point.
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by joromi: 10:38am On Jan 30, 2015
pamcode:
wait what do people in computer science do pls, my cousin in computer science(3rd year) came to visit us some weeks back and Dad asked her if she could dis -assemble a computer and she said no, my Dad already has the opinion she is a dullard.
Computer scientists don't assemble computers...
It's more a Computer Engineering thing...

Computer Science involves software. It has very many branches.
e.g the games you play(game programmers), all these operating systems, etc were created by computer scientists. Some people are involved with AI, web development, networking etc.

The appropriate question from your dad should have been: "do you program ? What language do you use ?"

Not all computer scientists program( daily as a job) but all should know how to.
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by joromi: 10:42am On Jan 30, 2015
franugo:

what books do u recommend?

Any book you find is highly recommended....
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by lordZOUGA(m): 11:01am On Jan 30, 2015
This has more to do with the hackers having database access than bogus IP address.

I mean it is easier for the hackers to just manipulate the poll data in the database than to vote, change IP address and then vote again

Here is what I think they did:
There probably was another table in the database where the name of each candidate is matched to the number of votes gotten. Now, these hackers went and inflated the count for their candidate. To maintain the integrity of the poll so that they will not be discovered, they had to make sure that the number of IPs that voted for their candidate tallied with the inflated numbers. They wrote a script or a program that generated IP addresses "incrementally". The program generated IP adresses and then automatically inserted it into the database.

My guess is that this procedure locked the database and slowed down the voting site and this alerted the site technicians.

The whole thing was automated of course. See attached photo of the CSV file. Notice how the whole "Voting" occurred under a minute or two.

In the statement released by DAAR earlier, they did say they noticed the use of a software application that incremented IP addresses. So, I believe it is expected for some IP addresses to be out of range since the efficiency of the IP generator was not stated.

I believe the data presented BY AIT was misinterpreted by someone and then led everyone to join him in his misunderstanding.

So, yes maybe AIT's poll was really hacked.

Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by sylver1(m): 11:20am On Jan 30, 2015
goshen:
Try harder mate!!!. Spoofed ip addresses still have to be in standard ip format. In fact, most spoofing attacks are aimed at masquerading as legitimate ip address on the internal network of the firewall.

AIT lied on this one. If AIT could lie on a simple issue of online polls, how do we ever believe anything from AIT again.

For me personally, this has helped me resolve a number of doubt on previous allegations, e.g PVC cloning, etc. PDP have always lied. I hope most Nigerians would be smart enough to see through their loads of bullshit.

Masquerading as a legimitimate ip address is just one type of spoofing in which case the attacker wants the receiving host to believe the packets were coming from the masqueraded address. But what if the attacker doesn't care which ip address gets sent to the destination host??. Routers only inspect the destination ip address for routing. And it would still route packets irrespective of whether the source ip address in the header is a standard 32 bits IP address or not..
Although a simple ACL can be configured to prevent spoofing attacks, it is actually possible to spoof such ip addresses if such security measures are not in place. #Shalom
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by sylver1(m): 11:42am On Jan 30, 2015
sodams007:

Obviously u know less about routing.
A router uses both source and destination address for routing decisions, path selection and keepalive. Even access-lists use source address.

So why trying hard to explain wat u know little about

ACLs can be configured on the border router to prevent packets from coming into or going out of the router from or to a particular interface(s) based on the destination or source ip address, the port number or the communication protocol, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with the routing process.
Take it anywhere, Routers do not require the source IP address to make routing decisions..
Do you even know the meaning of 'ROUNTING' ??
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by BluStreak(m): 11:46am On Jan 30, 2015
It is very possible AIT Poll was hacked. Check the corresponding time of the voting. A quick IP address generator script was written but the programmer forgot to add a check so it does not exceed the valid range. If you check the time stamp you will notice the voting pattern was inconsistent with normal practice.
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by Walspring: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
goshen:
You guys are really pathetic. AIT clearly reported a case of a BOT voting a particular presidential candidate. All of sudden, it has turned to --APC hacked into the database to edit the csv file.

If you don't know what the discussion is all about, dont just interfere anyhow..
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by Walspring: 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
alienvirus:
Lol. Did you hack Nairaland because you know how the whole thing happened cheesy

Lol.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You must be a comedian..

Hacking nairaland is of no use

Seun told us that it was hacked and explained that they lost datas
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by Walspring: 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
musKeeto:

I am learning how to be ignorant and proud at the same time. Keep teaching.

Nah you sabi... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by marv1: 1:40pm On Jan 30, 2015
Garrithe1st:
@gbengasesan In the next few tweets, I’ll explain how Internet Protocol (IP) addresses work and prove that AIT is guilty of FORGERY. Please be patient…

@gbengasesan AIT claims that their website was hacked by APC supporters who rigged votes for Buhari from similar IP addresses. Here’s why they’re stupid!

1. Internet Protocol (IP) addresses are number labels assigned to devices within a network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication

2. Internet Protocol designers used 32-bit number. IP protocol version 4 (IPv4) is limited because it’s only from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255

3. That basically means IP version 4 only has 4,294,967,295 IP addresses. That explains why IP version 6 (128-bit numbers) is now being used

4. Long numbers can be confusing. So, IP addresses use dotted-decimal format: 4 numbers separated by periods. Something like 192.168.123.132

5. If geeks don’t want to be nice, they’d leave easy IP address 192.168.123.132 as 32 bit number. That’d be 11000000101010000111101110000100

6. To make 11000000101010000111101110000100 easy, split into octets - sequence of 8 bits. That would be 11000000.10101000.01111011.10000100

7. 11000000.10101000.01111011.10000100 made much easier would then be 192.168.123.132. How? Let’s look at octet 1 - 11000000. Still with me?

8. To convert 11000000 from binary to dotted-decimal format, just do the 2 raised to power thing. That’s 1*2^7+1*2^6+… (the rest are all 0s)

9. For the 2 raised to power thing, we count from the right. Last number to the right is multiplied by 2^0. Next one by 2^1. 2^7 for the 8th

10. So 1*2^7 = 1*(2*2*2*2*2*2*2) = 128. 1*2^6 = 64. Add both and you have 192. Binary 11000000=Dotted-Decimal 192. Repeat for 3 other octets

11. If you run your numbers well you’ll have binary 11000000.10101000.01111011.10000100 in dotted-decimal format as 192.168.123.132. Got it?

12. So the highest binary set in an octet = 11111111. Convert that. That’s 128+64+32+16+8+4+2+1=255. If an IP address exceeds 255, it’s fake

13. Enough jargon. I said all that to say it’s easy to know a fake IP address when you see one. More on IP addresses: http:///fVkfEXo15r

14. Now, to AIT. For those who skipped from tweet #2 to this one, una nor try at all ☺ AIT claims that votes were rigged in favour of Buhari

15. I now have a copy of the CSV file sent by AIT to media houses. This copy was obtained from a pro-GEJ news website http:///fOhtSifyKN

19. Ladies and gentlemen, look at the IP addresses again. What did you notice? Exactly. 82.145.210.258 to 82.145.210.293. 258 and 293? AIT?!

20. The folly went all the way to 82.145.210.570. First, 82.anything isn’t geographically in Nigeria. It’s in Europe. AIT says NIG. Error 1

21. The biggest error is that anything above 255 is not a valid dotted-decimal number. Remember, highest binary is 11111111. That’s 255.

22. Ladies and gentlemen, AIT messed up! Big time. If you would fabricate lies, don’t be lazy like the Goodluck Jonathan administration.
This is big time revelation. A working system will never do a thing like this. A working leader does not strugle for 2nd term. If they want to fabricate another lie they should be smart. This is 2015 not 1999. Nigerians are wiser now.
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 30, 2015
bump
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by dodokire12: 3:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
I am highly disappointed in AIT for showing how weak they are by being one sided.

Raymond Dokpesi,how much were you given to show such documentry,
I dislike the TV station the more for being one sided and which is d reason why BUHARI will get my vote.

After the Elections and Buhari wins so what becomes of you.

OTUOKE CLOWNS
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by Junipero: 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
CEO4EVA and friends.

What do you have to say about this?

It's not too late for your PDP to lie again.

Sai Neutral Observer 2015!!!
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by sodams007(m): 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
sylver1:

ACLs can be configured on the border router to prevent packets from coming into or going out of the router from or to a particular interface(s) based on the destination or source ip address, the port number or the communication protocol, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with the routing process.
Take it anywhere, Routers do not require the source IP address to make routing decisions..
Do you even know the meaning of 'ROUNTING' ??

OK sir, please why are source addresses stored in the routing table??

For decorations Abi?
Pls convince me
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by sylver1(m): 8:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
sodams007:

OK sir, please why are source addresses stored in the routing table??

For decorations Abi?
Pls convince me

Source IP addresses are not stored in the Routing Table.
what you have in the Routing Table are paths (ip addresses and exit interfaces) and metrics to reach a particular network.

I woun't be engaging you further on this.
I'd suggest you revisit your routing course. #Peace
Re: AIT's Online Poll Hacking Evidence Was Faked - Gbenga Sesan by iguita: 10:39am On Jan 31, 2015
you can never have an IP address end with .255, that is a broadcast address. Now I am seeing IP address ending with .256, .257 etc. AIT don create new IP addresses... Naija, We hail thee
genearts:
Waiting for AIT's response. they were not in even smart in their attempt to lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Prays Against Buhari's Victory In 2019 Election At The APC Giant Broom / See What Slay Queen Is Doing With PT Presidential Candidate / Photos From Dino Melaye Mother's Burial

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51