Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:15 PM

These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview (40512 Views)

Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? / 5 Ways To Answer The Interview Question, "Why Do You Want To Work Here?" / How To Negotiate Your Salary During The Interview Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by anytexy: 1:27pm On Jan 30, 2015
Right answers only if you know pls.
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by omenka(m): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2015
You "could not alter" and could not forgive yourself "for this messed up"!!

No wonder you flunked the interview.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by fritiyo: 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2015
I feel for u bro. may GOD give u smting bata than that one.
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by emmykk(m): 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2015
Timroy:
Can someone give the write response to the cheap interview questions thrown @ ppl during interview so we can learn incase we find ourselves on an interview hot seat. Thanks.

E.g. Can we meet you? Can we know you? Answer?
my name is emmanuel emerhana,35yrs old,a graduate of account and finance from delta state university.am a self-starter,am unassuming and like challenges.chess is my favourite game.

1 Like

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by mcatho(m): 1:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
Someone who knows the answer to those three questions should pls give us the answer
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by aguizm(m): 1:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
Please some one in the house should tell us the right answers to those questions.
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by joshuaidibia(m): 1:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
temisukanmi:
Thanks for sharing op , pls can anyone in the house give suitable answers to the questions??
1. I have a weakness, everyone does. But no one has brought any to my attention so far. So i guess,all i have been doing is my strength,cause they are what motivated me so far.
2. Industrial unionism.
3. I was Secretary general of NMGS during my days in school, Vice President of SPE. I have skills in leadership.

.....Well. i no think write am o. bkos during an interview, u gat to speak once spoken to. no time to think. there is always joy when u respond sharply to any question, it shows u are speaking from ur mind. Hope this satisfies you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
bayulll01:
for such questions asking can we know you
The best answer here is to tell them what is not in your CV,because they already know your name,and they know u went to the university,all these are already in your CV,this is ur selling point,you tell them what you can do professionally,things like team player,multitasking,computer proficiency and if its marketing job,u should be able to tell them how you can add value to their brands and increase customer relations,all these are on Nairaland just
Regards
but all these should be on a CV too nau.
I think the best answer is to tell them your name, where you schooled, what you studied and your strengths.

1 Like

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by Norstrademus(m): 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
Even here where u are not faced with any form of pressure,u cannot even coordinate your written English. Wonder how on earth you will do well when u interface with a MD for a job interview..Guy repackage urself biko!!
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by joshuaidibia(m): 1:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
emmykk:
my name is emmanuel emerhana,35yrs old,a graduate of account and finance from delta state university.am a self-starter,am unassuming and like challenges.chess is my favourite game.
Graduated a Geologist from same university.
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by callmeSwit(m): 1:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
kissHe was expecting linear equations and differential calculus

2 Likes

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by Chukwutobi: 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
Can you see how wicked the behaviour of the mods can be. I posted answer to these interview questions sometimes ago but it never reached the front page. The desire to fill the front page with entertainment and politics gists have caused it. Fellow NLanders don't fail your next interview pls read it on this tread:
www.nairaland.com/2056903/ten-tough-interview-questions-ten

4 Likes

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
Norstrademus:
Even here where u are not faced with any form of pressure,u cannot even coordinate your written English. Wonder how on earth you will do well when u interface with a MD for a job interview..Guy repackage urself biko!!
Remove the log of wood from your own eye before telling someone to remove the little dirt in his eye.

13 Likes

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by AreaFada2: 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
Well, self employment is still an option. Dangote, Otedola, and so on made it via SE.

Otherwise prepare better next time.

1 Like

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 30, 2015
joshuaidibia:
undecided
joshuaidibia:
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by joshuaidibia(m): 1:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
MissKinky1:
undecided
Madam,wetin i do you?

1 Like

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
joshuaidibia:
Madam,wetin i do you?
Don't understand ur grammar

1 Like

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by joshuaidibia(m): 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2015
MissKinky1:
Don't understand ur grammar
E mean say i graduate from department of Geology, which is in the same university the guy i quoted graduated from.
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by chicha: 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
Can I met u? U introduce ur sef. Ur name,familY u come from and education background,skills work experince. Etc
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by bayulll01(m): 1:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
Bsc:

Interview interview ques..... Is oral.... How can it be the xam they wrote?
oga they first wrote a test that's why am asking
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by LewisO: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
bayulll01:
lol ur story bit funny,it happen to me too,mine I dint prepare,and I was ask this simple questions can I know u,or tell me about yourself,did u believe that I was just ranting and I couldn't even express myself lol,I hated myself that day,I guess is anxiety God will help
When u are asked to talk about yourself in an interview, it's one of the most difficult question that shut u down at times, because u will be having this kinda thought of "If my self-expression isn't up to par to a very chronic interviewer, does that mean am not capable enough for them to adhere and merit it"?

And that question seem to be like, u are eulogizing yourself towards them.

So many different thoght that can make u shut-up! lipsrsealed
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by Bluffly: 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
[quote author=donald1010 post=30258827][/quote]

Of course why would you "Alter" angry you are meant to utter smiley.

1 Like

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by Norstrademus(m): 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Remove the log of wood from your own eye before telling someone to remove the little dirt in his eye.
please Sir could u be nice enough to correct the bolded..am waiting
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by endymetrix(m): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
lovyna57:
ok

LEAKED: Ex-Governors daughter caught on tape doing dirty things

just imagine a governor'r daughter doing this
SEE VIDEO AT http://sharebitemag..it/2015/01/video.html#axzz3QIchOmsq
which ex-governor?
Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by kevoh(m): 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
Arik Air Interview for Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. 1st question: Confirm your age?
Homeboy forgot his age for about 5 seconds tongue How the hell do I forget my age?

Recovered though and blasted the remaining part of the interview, didn't get the job though(Don't think anyone did), fast forward 4 to 5 years later somehow I still find my self in the aviation sector as an engineer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by haibe(m): 1:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
That's how they ask stupid questions and lose the employer that could change the life of their company positively and forever.. dumbass interviewers..

5 Likes

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by kcjazz(m): 2:00pm On Jan 30, 2015
1. Align your strenght to the job descriptions. Eg as an accountant paying attention to details is a strength. Your weakness same thing but show you are working on it. Again choose a positive weakness, na weakness dey ask not character. Again for an accountant, dont say I lie alot. Dude you are handling companies money at least be honest grin Lieing alot is a negative weakness. A positive one could be issues like work life balance etc

2. Unionism depends on the company's policy. Do they have a union? If no then say no interest tongue. If yes, just state your beliefs that everyone should earn a decent wage and be treated fairly but employees must also play their role to move the company forward. Infact this answer can work both ways. So do your research before going for interviews.

3. Yeah you should have other skills. Do you volunteer? Love reading or writing? Come on company needs to know someone is there to lead other impromptu projects

Goodluck next time

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: These Are The Questions That Made Me Fail/lost The Interview by beau49: 2:12pm On Jan 30, 2015
aguizm:
Please some one in the house should tell us the right answers to those questions.

There is no right or wrong answer,the key is being able to give a brief summary of yourself for about 2-3mins or less. The major thing is just say something.

You could either tell what is on your Cv or things not included there.

E.g - using the things included on your cv to answer the 'can we meet you?' question.

My name is aguzim aguzim a graduate of accounting from aguzim state university. I graduated in 2011 and the next year proceeded for NYSC programme during which I was posted to abia state and served at aguzim local govt council at the office of auditor general pf the council. During this period I was the financial secretary of my cds group,a position which I held for a period of 6months. I am a self motivated,energetic and ambitious person and I enjoy and is very comfortable working with people.

Sorry I had to use your monicker....lol. Just change them to suit you and you can add some other things to it.

Or you tell them about your family background and some other things not included in your CV. I don't like taking this particular style cause I find myself not having anything in particular to say. Maybe others can shed more light on this particular style.

Hope it helps.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Job Interview Experience Today / When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / 2017 HEINEKEN International Graduate Trainee Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.