Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (45274 Views)

"Buhari's Refusal To Sign Budget Based On Integrity & Sincerity" -- Ndume. / PR Expert Faults Buhari’s Refusal To Shake Hand With Female Ministers - Vanguard / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by bashydemy(m): 9:47am On Jan 30, 2015
uboma:

Must you display your high level of foolishness here? What a bunch of frustrated and foolish fellows who can't argue reasonable without resorting to insults and destruction...
Abeg respond to the 2011 when your paymaster boycotted the debate and stop ranting and blaming GMB for doing the same. Beside this is organized by AIT and NTA

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 30, 2015
Demdem:

Am sorry, I do not share ur optimism. Our democracy hasn't yet developed to that level.
Debates currently do not swing votes in Nigeria. Next month election won't be an exception.
Considering this fact, it will be foolhardy for the General to enter into the killer party's trap.

Absolutely correct on all points....

I'm waiting for any fool here to explain to us why GEJ that didn't participate in the last debate in 2011 still went ahead to win the elections....

GEJ can only participate in a debate organised by BON.....NTA.....AIT and such PDP propaganda outlets.....

He vindictively later ran down NN24 after winning the election.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by bashydemy(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2015
buskie13:
why is he running this time around....just noticed that ur mumu still dey wear raincoat..
Why did your paymaster run in 2011? did you ever hear the word pay back time?
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Azo(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2015
uboma:

Always giving lame excuses for GMB. His withdrawal from the debate simply shows that he hasn't drawn up a plan of how he plans to govern the country if he wins the election which is now very unlikely anyway since his ratings will surely drop following this recent development.

And who knows, he could be avoiding something, a major flaw on his side. He has just shown that he lacks the intellect to engage in the debate.

APC fielded the very wrong man, I must say. I also desire change, really I do but from the two major contenders at the moment, my vote will go for GEJ. He is a better candidate to GMB.

Na wa o. I see lots of people just rattling here likely based on their ignorance or lack of high enough IQ to remember APC has a published manifesto. How cna u say they have no drawn up plans? Do u remember GMB's nice and eloquent debate in 2011 that GEclueless didn't attend? Suffice to say GMB didn't avoid this debate due to lack of oratorical prowess but due to his well calculated thought about the impending bias posed by PDP media houses, AIT &NTA

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Mordyb: 9:49am On Jan 30, 2015
Forgive my tribalism but i noticed most notherners that support mohammadu buhari tend have certain kind of herd mentality and are very narrow minded when it come to Gmb because they bring his past achievement as valid point but when issues about his massively flawed past arises they resort to anonymousity, name calling and the worst case scenario violence. People claim he has experience in handling corruption which i find untrue because the corruption is simply breach of laid down procedure to favour on self of which buhari has a strong track of disobedience to law that is supposed to help him govern
buhari's handlers are top election campaign managers for powerful world leaders who never shy away from debates and wether rigged debates are mainly about dissecting your manifesto to the public because debate wont ask about your personal life but rather your plans and how effective would it be to help Nigeria.
In my honest opinion GMB is a coward who hides behind people achievement and any honest and sane Nigeria knows that idiagbhon ran Nigeria for buhari because he has no plans of his own

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by mustymatic(m): 9:50am On Jan 30, 2015
Noooo...we r not shocked, GEj and allies have failed, it's all over, winning debates won't change anything
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by dustydee: 9:51am On Jan 30, 2015
Seun, the title of this thread should read:
"Buhari's Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks GEJ Supporters)"
Going by the content of that writeup put up by the OP.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Azo(m): 9:55am On Jan 30, 2015
Mordyb:
Forgive my tribalism but i noticed most notherners that support mohammadu buhari tend have certain kind of herd mentality and are very narrow minded when it come to Gmb because they bring his past achievement as valid point but when issues about his massively flawed past arises they resort to anonymousity, name calling and the worst case scenario violence. People claim he has experience in handling corruption which i find untrue because the corruption is simply breach of laid down procedure to favour on self of which buhari has a strong track of disobedience to law that is supposed to help him govern
buhari's handlers are top election campaign managers for powerful world leaders who never shy away from debates and wether rigged debates are mainly about dissecting your manifesto to the public because debate wont ask about your personal life but rather your plans and how effective would it be to help Nigeria.
In my honest opinion GMB is a coward who hides behind people achievement and any honest and sane Nigeria knows that idiagbhon ran Nigeria for buhari because he has no plans of his own

Why did GEClueless boycott 2011 debate??

Pls anyone that keeps mentioning GMB's boycott of this debate should only be replied by why did GEDumb avoided 2011 unbiased debate rather than wasting time giving them reasons they already know but blind to.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by loswhite(m): 9:55am On Jan 30, 2015
Mogidi:
One would have expected Buhari to come and explain his certificate palava, seems APC can't risk putting Buhari under scrutiny.

GEJ even agreed that Buhari could bring a translator, but no, Buhari was told by his leash holders not to risk a debate with GEJ.

If you can't debate and make your case with 4 presidential contenders, how could you debate Nigeria's corner in a meeting of Ecowas, the AU or the UN?

Click on this link to see why he's running away from the debate..
https://www.nairaland.com/2120849/why-buhari-absconded-debate-jonathan#30262028
Gej did d same tin in 2011 it is not news
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 30, 2015
YOU DIDNT APPEAR IN 2011 AND WE WONT APPEAR IN 2015.
SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL.
AN EYE FOR AN EYE.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by lagdmark(m): 10:02am On Jan 30, 2015
APC IS PARTY OF THE PAST. We need a future party for today and tomorrow, some APC fans will tell buhari attended debate in 2011 and so what, we now in 2015 why all the untenable excuses.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 30, 2015
lagdmark:
[s]APC IS PARTY OF THE PAST. We need a future party for today and tomorrow, some APC fans will tell buhari attended debate in 2011 and so what, we now in 2015 why all the untenable excuses[/s].

Nonsense....

Who organised the debate in 2011?

Who is organizing the debate in 2015?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by loswhite(m): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2015
maestroferddi:
In developed climes, Buhari's refusal to shun an all-important presidential debate would have put paid to his rating as a serious contender.

In Nigeria where primordial sentiments and ethnic chauvinism hold sway spurious reasons would be adduced to support an indefensible position.

This debate has been scheduled months ago so there is no excuse of being caught unawares.

Completely reprehensible decision if you ask me.
when Gej did the same tin in 2011 did you write this statement? If u didn't, then you are just another hypocrite
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Abdogood(m): 10:09am On Jan 30, 2015
Yeye dey smell! All iz gej balls lickers can talk like say dem brain dey for dem yarsh. Common sense no common for dem at all. Febuhari all d way. If u can't bear d heat go hug ur gej haba! Asslickers
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by bumtos(m): 10:10am On Jan 30, 2015
we dey talk say person no go school. I beg forget about Gen Buhari. He's going no where .
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by excell123: 10:10am On Jan 30, 2015
The Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement invites you to attend a two-days Holy Ghost power-packed International Crusade titled,’FROM SORROW TO JOY’
DATE: 7th – 8th February, 2015
TIME: 8am daily
VENUE: Chosen Revival Ground, Odofin Park Estate, Ijesha Bus-stop, Lagos
MINISTERING: The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka
Come and all your sorrow will turn to joy. Jesus is Lord.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by egobetatoday: 10:14am On Jan 30, 2015
just few days back i remember several supporters of Buhari said the Gejites should drop the issue of the certificate so that we can start issue based discursion.

they did

but Buhari is not ready for any debate

Now we are not surprised

he did same during Oputa panel

God has shown us all we need to know

kai Buhari u too fall my hand!
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by drstone1: 10:18am On Jan 30, 2015
eaglechild:
Buhari has nothing to offer.

He will not be able to make a correct sentence, hence his running away from the catastrophic disgrace that would have befallen him.

We still have the bitter taste of the Channels interview in our mouths.

This is what you get when you push an illiterate to become your flag bearer.

He bails at any challenge that requires the use of intellect.

What he lacks in the intellect he expresses in Hard banter-"I will fight kwaraption, I will fput kwarrapt pfeefle in pfrison, Tinubu n Amaechina will be given fpresidential Pardon!if I become fresdent, I will show Asari Dokubo that he is a small boy of war. I will simply phone Shekau to end attacks ip I win and he will compfly"

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by OLADD: 10:19am On Jan 30, 2015
sincerenigerian:
No we were not shocked by the decision of Buhari to boycott the fake debate. We were actually hoping for the boycott which we (his supporters) appreciate he made that decison. Why should we trust NTA/AIT and their fellow sellouts to conduct a fair debate? This is the same NTA and AIT in conjunction with their unprofessional lot in the media broadcast a propaganda documentary about the amiable General.

We were not shocked at all.

Here is Buhari debate of 2011 that Jonathan didn't show up for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsRhP4eRFSU

Are you one of those people who are pushed to the wall and instead of fighting back, decides to break the wall and continue running? If Buhari becomes the president of Nigeria (Heaven forbid), is he not going to preside over those people in AIT and other "biased" media personnel? Stop these pranks, APC simply chicken out to prevent Buhar's political Summersault.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by egobetatoday: 10:23am On Jan 30, 2015
Azo:

Na wa o. I see lots of people just rattling here likely based on their ignorance or lack of high enough IQ to remember APC has a published manifesto. How cna u say they have no drawn up plans? Do u remember GMB's nice and eloquent debate in 2011 that GEclueless didn't attend? Suffice to say GMB didn't avoid this debate due to lack of oratorical prowess but due to his well calculated thought about the impending bias posed by PDP media houses, AIT &NTA

Good excuse I'll say
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by GBTYO: 10:26am On Jan 30, 2015
Ahmeduana:

PLEASE CHECK MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS, BEFORE YOU START ATTACKING ME, AM NOT apc FAN OR SUPPORTER THOUGH I MADE SOME TYPOGRAPHIC ERRORS IN MY comment which i didn't check before posting, SO CHILL DOWN!

Alright bro
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Salihu00(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2015
Arysexy:
[s][/s]

Why not ask thiefnubuu's TVC to organise their own debate.

The old cargo can't debate QED.

He will expose his illiteracy level and memory loss to d public.

I suggest they allow him debate in hausa.

No be today buhari begin run from public speech making. Remember oputa panel? He did not honour d invitation.
are you normal?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by TheAdvocate(m): 10:41am On Jan 30, 2015
sincerenigerian:
No we were not shocked by the decision of Buhari to boycott the fake debate. We were actually hoping for the boycott which we (his supporters) appreciate he made that decison. Why should we trust NTA/AIT and their fellow sellouts to conduct a fair debate? This is the same NTA and AIT in conjunction with their unprofessional lot in the media broadcast a propaganda documentary about the amiable General.

JESUS! Buhari doesn't trust NTA and AIT to conduct a debate because they will not be fair to him but he trust them to air his political adverts isn't it? And who told yu that NTA/AIT are organising it? They are only airing it and definately NOT the organisers.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by skydancer: 10:45am On Jan 30, 2015
sincerenigerian:

So I watched the interview in a bid to see how Buhari had wanted to solve some of our problems. From the video however, he isn't able to address most questions thrown to him directly but rather tends to cling to past 'atrocities' (blame game as Nuhu Ribadu put it) or gave insufficient responses. On another note, I had never listened to Ibrahim Shekarau speak before but I got to really like him in this debate, in fact I was amazed that we had such a candidate in 2011.

That asides, It would be fair to summarize his responses as:

1. Power: He didn't really know how to solve the problem but rather continued to talk about how so much money had been spent on it without any result even after the 'interviewer' tried to bring him back on topic. Both Nihu Ribadu and Ibrahim however gave excellent responses.

2. Correcting anomalies in govt. expenditure: He didn't seem to understand what the 'interviewer' was saying and instead spoke about how to make the economy better. When he was recalled again however, he said he would 'convince' the legislators to accept less allowances et al. The other aspirants didn't seem far better on this point.

3. Education: Buhari said there was nothing wrong with our educational system, though he added it needed improvement. When however the interviewer reiterated on this and also asked him why his children were educating in foreign private schools, he said that's part of democracy. He was not comparable with other candidates on this. Ibrahim again beat all of them hands down. I'm surprised by his deep understanding of this problem even at 2011.

4. Health: Here he thought we should look for help from foreign personnels to help/teach us so we can produce drugs as well as supervise usage of funds allocated to healthcare. (Eh, Nuhu Ribadu congratulated Fashola for having an excellent healthcare system in Lagos), I don't really know who beat who here but Nuhu Ribadu had excellent suggestions on how to stop outsourcing kidney, heart et cetera problem to foreign hospitals, start drug manufacturing and also stated that we actually have some of the best doctors in the world.

The funniest and last question which got me amused however was when the interviewer asked why the next president should come from the North, I don't know why the Interviewer asked the question but Ibrahim gave a good answer and also talked about how PDP had corrupted the word 'zone'. It also became apparent that this was the strategy used by the PDP/Jonathan, (all the present aspirants/candidates were from the North).

If this is what you're presenting for Nigeria, then you truly do not mean well.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by fritiyo: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2015
I THINK IT WILL BE NICE IF CHANNEL TV ORGANISE THE DEBATE FOR A BETTER N ACCEPTABLE FOR ALL PARTIES.

THEN DIA WIL BE NO POINTING FINGERS OR PERHAPS INVITE CNN OR BBC. WE REALLY NEED THE DEBATE TO KNW WHAT THEY CAN OFFER ON INTELLECTUAL , composure , ability to reason n tackle modern challenges that is facing ,Nigeria

GOD BLESS NIGERIA,OUR PRIDE JOY.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Samtoog: 10:50am On Jan 30, 2015
All this noise making should stop. We are in modern age where any candidate that wants to represent us should come out boldly and tell us how he/she wants to go about the emancipation of our great country. Let APC name their favoured television station and let the game continue. All APC fans should please get this across
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by uboma(m): 10:52am On Jan 30, 2015
Azo:

And if you had the required high IQ, you would have realized that this is 2015 and not 2011. How will participating in the debate which will be aired to the world affect GMB and his loyalists like you or even profit the opposing party PDP as you claim? Come out of your match stick box and argue objectively if you can...
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by uboma(m): 10:56am On Jan 30, 2015
bashydemy:
Abeg respond to the 2011 when your paymaster boycotted the debate and stop ranting and blaming GMB for doing the same. Beside this is organized by AIT and NTA

This is 2015, i hope you will realize that by now. Now tell me, how will GMB participating in the debate which will be aired to the world for all to see affect him and his loyalists like you or even profit GEJ?

Be reasonable man...
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by angelsing(m): 10:58am On Jan 30, 2015
buskie13:
then they set a neutral body asap...but sincerely... buahri won't perform...he'll fail...age n other factors z telling on him..
Its like preparing for exam, u read while u await the question...All his team needs to do is come up will all likable question that can be asked and then proffer an answer for it...seriously wud have love to see a debate from a neutral body
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Bawss1(m): 11:09am On Jan 30, 2015
People keep referring to Buhari's involvement in the 2011 presidential debates. I hope they have actually watched it and seen the poor performance Buhari put up in it. He displayed a poor grasp of the problems facing this nation and didn't offer any tangible solutions.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by bashydemy(m): 11:09am On Jan 30, 2015
uboma:

This is 2015, i hope you will realize that by now. Now tell me, how will GMB participating in the debate which will be aired to the world for all to see affect him and his loyalists like you or even profit GEJ?

Be reasonable man...
I hate people like you ignoring what concern the whole Nation, you try to ignore the part that says GEJ bycotted the 2011 and organize shameless debate with D banj. Now You are blaming GMB for not present at this shameless debate organise by AIT and NTA that are pro PDP and GEJ. Craze they una head...Beside how many of the candidates attend the debate?
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by DaJulee(f): 11:13am On Jan 30, 2015
Mogidi:
http://leadership.ng/news/407341/buhari-refusal-participate-debate-shocks-supporters

I did warn egift when he was embarking on his failed propaganda that except the debate was held using Hausa language we won't see Buhari, vindicated again. The 2011 debate was a circus, this is the real deal.

#BuhariMustDebate#

By Julius Diamond

It has been joy, joy, joy in all part of the country when the Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria (BON) announced that it will hold a Presidential Debate between the Two leading presidential candidates.

Sadly, our joy has been cut short by an announcement that Muhammadu Buhari, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress(APC), like a COW has COWARDLY REFUSED to participate in the Debate.

Hmmmmm!!
###I Smell A Rat###

Must It Be That He Is Afraid of public SCRUTINY?

We the progress oriented Nigerians are through this medium calling on Gen Buhari to participate in the DEBATE, as Nigeria cannot be ruled by a COWARD who is afraid of public scrutiny.

Probably, he is afraid because the issues of his Extra Judicial KILLINGS of 1983-1985, CERTIFICATE Forgeries of 22nd Feb 2015, and Deception by OATH of 24th Dec 2014 must be brought forward.

I guess he does not have answers to these questions. Truthfully he does not, because if he does; he would have previously presented them forward long time ago.

Oh! What a SHAME!!

However, while Buhari is hiding in SHAME, I urge all reasonable Nigerians to support the most credible and trusted candidate standing, the man of the people, (DR GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN).

VOTE DR. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

Long Live Nigeria
Long Live PDP
Long Live GEJ
Short live apc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose For President Posters In Zaria, Kaduna State / Ifeanyi Ubah Hosts Obiano Victory Party At His House In Anambra (Photos) / Angry Adamu Chases Journalists Out Of APC National Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.