Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,207 members, 7,807,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (45277 Views)

"Buhari's Refusal To Sign Budget Based On Integrity & Sincerity" -- Ndume. / PR Expert Faults Buhari’s Refusal To Shake Hand With Female Ministers - Vanguard / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by londoner: 4:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
angelsing:
It has nothing to do with sound defense, it has to do with the credibility of the organisers of the debate..If I get ur assertion correctly, it is safe to say jonathan was afraid in 2011

Maybe he was. That does not change the fact that Nigerians deserve to vet their potential leaders on the same platform.

Is Jonathan also refusing to attend? No, he has obviously heeded the criticisms of 2011 absence.

Look, as far as I can see, its going to be live right? The questions will be the same for all right?

What exactly can the organisers do, if they are answering the same questions?

Please let me know.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by londoner: 4:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
Demdem:

Instead of talking generalities, give me n example of how this "trap" could play out, when they both have the same questions.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by londoner: 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2015
Demdem:

Very foolish stance.
IF GEJ will attend debate organised by Sahara reporters, New Nigerian, Daily Trust and The Nation.. Then GMB should attend that of NTA... grin

No need for insults.

Has anyone made an alternative arrangement or suggestion? Let Buhari/APC suggest an alternative, then.

Which station organised the 2011 debate? If Buhari agreed then, maybe he will now.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Obinoscopy(m): 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2015
Demdem:
Am sorry, I do not share ur optimism. Our democracy hasn't yet developed to that level.
Debates currently do not swing votes in Nigeria. Next month election won't be an exception.
Considering this fact, it will be foolhardy for the General to enter into the killer party's trap.
You will be surprised at how developed our democracy has become.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Demdem(m): 4:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
londoner:

No need for insults.

Has anyone made an alternative arrangement or suggestion? Let Buhari/APC suggest an alternative, then.

Which station organised the 2011 debate? If Buhari agreed then, maybe he will now.

Go to front page of this site. Another option is already in the offing.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Demdem(m): 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
londoner:

Instead of talking generalities, give me n example of how this "trap" could play out, when they both have the same questions.

The difference is one would have been told what will be asked and how to answer it as they normally prep him for presidential chat. The other won't have such luxury.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Nely77(m): 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
GMB has always avoided debate to run away from some important questions an to avoid his past being exposed. It is simple. GMB has no respect for rule of law and cannot effectively lead democratically. He is a dictator. GMB practiced selective fight against corruption. Punished selected people and punished and executed some others That committed same offense. That is a greater aspect of corruption. I pity the people singing his praises. In no distant time, they will all start there songs of regret!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by PapiWata: 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
Nely77:
GMB has always avoided debate to run away from some important questions an to avoid his past being exposed. It is simple. GMB has no respect for rule of law and cannot effectively lead democratically. He is a dictator. GMB practiced selective fight against corruption. Punished selected people and punished and executed some others That committed same offense. That is a greater aspect of corruption. I pity the people singing his praises. In no distant time, they will all start there songs of regret!

Hmmm. The Oracle has spoken the truth, with a wary eye on history, along with some guarded optimism that the Nigerian electorate will see the light on or before February 15th 2015, so as to vote UNANIMOUSLY to debar this foul and murderous vampire Buhari from ever so much as sniffing political power for the rest of his miserable existence on this green Earth.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Philadelphia: 7:41pm On Jan 30, 2015
You all should not give this any light thought o. You are looking for a job, you did not submit your cv, no certificate as evidence you went to school but you were invited for an oral interview and you deliberately refused to show up. My people, do you deserve that job? It only shows that you have some skulls in your political wardrobe.

Hit like if you believe this is true and share if you think this candidate should be disqualified. Quote me if you are a Nigeria who is an ambassador of peace and progress.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by PrinxPeera(m): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2015
sincerenigerian:
No we were not shocked by the decision of Buhari to boycott the fake debate. We were actually hoping for the boycott which we (his supporters) appreciate he made that decison. Why should we trust NTA/AIT and their fellow sellouts to conduct a fair debate? This is the same NTA and AIT in conjunction with their unprofessional lot in the media broadcast a propaganda documentary about the amiable General.

We were not shocked at all.

Here is Buhari debate of 2011 that Jonathan didn't show up for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsRhP4eRFSU
I can't believe that some homosapiens still defend this man's cowardness. Shame on Uuu
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Demdem(m): 10:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
Obinoscopy:
You will be surprised at how developed our democracy has become.

Not to the extent of swinging votes due to debates.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by samsonsailor123: 5:13am On Jan 31, 2015
Once a man like Buhari is sure that charges levelled against him are correct, then he needs to abscond from the presidential debate where he could justify himself; at least so as not to ridicule himself. Up GEJ! #NO2Buhari
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by londoner: 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
Demdem:

The difference is one would have been told what will be asked and how to answer it as they normally prep him for presidential chat. The other won't have such luxury.

Well we don't know GEJ will be told the questions.

This is a presidential debate, and questions will be centred around the Nigerian polity, as it concerns what both plan to do , once elected and how.

Economy, BH,infrastructure, education etc.....the debate is hardly going to centre around Ghana or Togo, is it? If Buhari already does not know what his and APC's plans are for Nigeria by now.....then, I don't know what to tell you.

If he can't debate and answer questions about Nigeria and his plans, he needs to take the next four years to think about it.
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by Demdem(m): 12:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
londoner:

Well we don't know GEJ will be told the questions.

This is a presidential debate, and questions will be centred around the Nigerian polity, as it concerns what both plan to do , once elected and how.

Economy, BH,infrastructure, education etc.....the debate is hardly going to centre around Ghana or Togo, is it? If Buhari already does not know what his and APC's plans are for Nigeria by now.....then, I don't know what to tell you.

If he can't debate and answer questions about Nigeria and his plans, he needs to take the next four years to think about it.

Debating is no big deal for the General. He has done it before with leading contenders and he can also do it again. This is in contrast with Jonathan who ran away but chose to debate himself like a mad man.
All what the General is saying is he needs a fair platform and not a platform where the organisers and executors are minions of the incumbent who incidentally is also a candidate.
Are u saying that that request of the General isn't sensible enough or what exactly is ur point?
Re: Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters by overlord77: 6:07am On Feb 27, 2015
ilugunboy:

Nonsense...

vote the clueless one you've made up your mind to vote for and stop telling me bullshyteeeeee!!!

I wonder how many people are interested in the outcome of this sham by BON call debate to make up their minds on who to vote for.

This is the first time the President is interested in participating in a debate......and we know why....he has gotten the questions before hand.

He demanded for the questions from NN24 in 2011, they refused to give him.....he went on to ran down the TV station after he became the President....yeye dey smell!!

Don't ever quote me again!

Grown brains, clown. I have quoted you now sue me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill / Isaac Fayose Donates Ibadan Hotel To Peter Obi For Political Campaigns. / Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.