Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:52 PM

Dynamic Web Forms - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Dynamic Web Forms (1516 Views)

Dynamic Web Content Fully Explained / 3 Days Intensive Course In Dynamic Web Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dynamic Web Forms by davidt(m): 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2008
Hey Nairaland programmers, this is directed at PHP/MySQL programmers.

I started out programming in PHP/MySQL some time ago and I need a little help on something.

I have seen web sites that have forms in which for instance:

A website for student registration in a school: In the student registration form, there is a select form element where the user is required to select his/her faculty. When the student selects the faculty, the page gets reloaded to indicate only departments within the selected faculty in the next select element which is for selecting department (and of course, after the page reloads, the data the user had already entered previously remains there).

What is the typical way of implementing this sort of functionality? I have some ideas which may work but I'll like to know how the pros do it. Please can anyone explain how this is implemented.

Actually, in my own case, what I wish to do is that: I have a form in which the user is required to select the number of text inputs he wishes to have and when the page gets reloaded, the user is presented with the number of text inputs he entered previously while the earlier information that the user entered in the form still remains there.

I would appreciate some help.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by yawatide(f): 9:23pm On Dec 28, 2008
Here is a quick and dirty way of doing it. I don't think you have to do any reloading, based on your own requirements:

1) say you allow the user to fill a max of 5 text fields. You give them an ID like so: text_1, text_2, text_3, text_4, text_5.

2) You set display to none for all 5. Let's also assume your FORM name is "textForm"

3) You have your dropdown like so: <select id="makeSelection">. I set an "onChange" function in the SELECT tag like so" onChange="showTextFieds(form.subject.options[textForm.makeSelection.selectedIndex].value])". Letz say I select "3".

4) In your javascript section, you define "showTextFields" like so:

function showTextFields(num) {
var numToPrint = num;
var i;

for (i = 0; i <= numToPrint; i++) {
document.getElementById("text_" + numToPrint).style.display = "block";
}
}

And that should do it.

NOTE:
I have not tested this out and should you get any errors, you should hopefully be able to fix them. But I have laid forth the general ideas.

Good luck!
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by billyone: 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2008
Good question as well as good answer. i was eager to know about the solution, finally i got it.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by davidt(m): 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2008
@yawa-ti-de

Nice one, thanx
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by davidt(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2008
How about dynamically populating select form elements with options based on the selection in a previous select element? Still curious about that. Have a funny solution to it, but I believe there is a better way to do it.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by BigStar1(m): 3:33pm On Dec 31, 2008
@yawa-ti-de

That's just an ojoro one as you said

but what about faculty and department one

To me

Javascript Array plus onchange effects of the faculty options

cheers!
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by yawatide(f): 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2008
Big Star,
No offense but your english leads me to blv you hv started taking new year shack a bit prematurely (it's only 4pm grin) - gibberish cool

davidt,
You could probably do something like this:
var sel = document.getElementById("selectTagId"wink;
var sel2 = document.getElementById("selectTagId2"wink;

//Then run a loop copying the elements of one to the other, like so:
sel.options[sel.selectedIndex].value = sel2.options[sel.selectedIndex].value;

//OR, you use the DOM to get the child elements of teh SELECT and then append the children of sel to the sel2 tag.

I haven't tested but hopefully you get the point. The DOM is pretty powerful grin
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 01, 2009
I think what Yawa gave was a javacript approach (I didn't take time to go through it though)

You will need to build your database very well so you can get what you want
i want to believe that you want the school to be able to add faculties and departments later on, so i will explain this putting that in mind

first, there has to be a table meant to hold faculties with unique ID field (lets call it faculti.id) to help you uniquely identify the faculties (auto incrementing faculti.id is best as it ensures that whenever you delete a faculty and add another, the id of the deleted row will not be available, that way, we can tell students who have that deleted faculty that the faculty no longer exist)

then another table for the departments it will be identical to the faculty table except for the extra column which will be holding the unique value (faculti.id, lets call it departi.idx, to avoid name conflict) gotten from the faculty table (note that this table will also have it's own unique column , lets call it departi.id because i will be refering to this later , auto increment will do also for departi.id)

then another table to hold the student data, this new table will be holding neither faculty names nor faculti.id, it will not even hold the department name. the only thing it will hold will be departi.id (not departi.idx)

If you look at it logically, if we have the departi.id of a student, we can tell his department name and the departi.idx (which is the same as faculti.id) of that department by checking the department table, and if we have the faculti.id, that means we can have his faculty name.

(Now lets inverse that logic to suit your need)

there has to be an admin area that inserts data into the faculty table (you can call that "edit faculty" page), then another section that adds department to a faculty, you can call that ("edit department" page)

edit faculty page's job will be to insert faculty names, edit faculty names and delete faculty names

edit department page will have a dropdown holding the already created faculties with their corresponding faculti.id as value (strictly), so you will be inserting data into the department table, good you already have the faculti.id to insert.

then depending on how the school wants to insert students data, if it will be manually, then you create another page for that, i will advice that you give that page a dropdown menu that holds the departi.id only, so it will be easier for you (programming wise) and the school (helps kill the monotony of having to reselect the same faculty)

so from the main page where students will be selecting their faculty, when they select the faculty, the sql that will fetch content for the next department dropdown will be

$q="select id, name from departi where idx=posted_value_from_faculty_dropdown_form";

when they select department, sql to list all students will be

$q="select id, username, name, age, yearOfEntry, etc, from students_table where id=posted_value_from_department_dropdown_form";
(note that it is department dropdown form in this case and not faulty's)

if you want to list the info of just the student that's logged in

$q="select id, username, name, age, yearOfEntry, etc, from students_table where id=posted_value_from_department_dropdown_form AND username=$_SESSION['whatever'] ";

I hope this helps

From experience, you will like to create another table for levels (i.e 100 level, 200 level), and have a column on the students table to hold it's ID, this is for future upgrades,
I always love this because, when they call you they want to add PG or something alike, You tell them how much it cost to go back into the codes and modify them, then you login to the database and manually add the level (that is if you did not put a place for that at the admin area).
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by AbidemiA: 12:37pm On Jan 02, 2009
@webdezzi,

Good solution, but you did not put two important points into consideration
webdezzi:

first, there has to be a table meant to hold faculties with unique ID field (lets call it faculti.id) to help you uniquely identify the faculties (auto incrementing faculti.id is best as it ensures that whenever you delete a faculty and add another, the id of the deleted row will not be available, that way, we can tell students who have that deleted faculty that the faculty no longer exist)

Your faculti.id field is a unique/key field in the falculty table, which has one-many relationship with the department table.  The department table has has one-many relationship with the student table. If you enable record delete on falculty table, what happens to all previous entries on related tables?. I think it will be better to create additional boolean field called status, when it is true, value will be available for selection, when false, value is not available for selection. With this, you can stop displaying falculty that are no more existing and at the same time keep all old related entries.

davidt:

Actually, in my own case, what I wish to do is that: I have a form in which the user is required to select the number of text inputs he wishes to have and when the page gets reloaded, the user is presented with the number of text inputs he entered previously while the earlier information that the user entered in the form still remains there.

I would appreciate some help.

The user's previous entries must be kept after selecting the falculty. This means that selection of falculty should not cause postback, OR when there is postback,  previous entries must be retained.

The Javascript option will solve the problem without postback, but will be difficult to update as you explained. In your solution, you recommended using postback without explaining how previous entries can be retained - Answer you can retain previous entries by keeping the values in session variables and populate new page with the session variables values. This is not the best solution - Reason, (1) There will be too many session variables which affect performance (2) the whole page will be reloaded - increase network traffic.

My Solution: Use partial page submission with AJAX. With this, you can link the faculty dropdown with database table, after updating the dropdown, only department control will be updated without posting the whole page to the server.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 02, 2009
Thanks for taking the time to go thru my logic.

i already mentioned how that would be handled in the same quote you selected

webdezzi:

well, from your script you can definite handle that without having to create an extra column for that.
something like

if(!$facultyId){$error="That faculty is not available";}

2. Too much sessions does not affect perfomance, there are many sites out there using sessions and with millions of users without problems, to run a site like this i always recommend a dedicated server. That way you are not sharing bandwidth with anyone
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by AbidemiA: 3:05pm On Jan 02, 2009
@webdezzi,

I finished from computer dept, falculty of Engineering in 1996, and now falculty of Engineering no longer exists, if I print my result now, what falculty will be displayed on it?

For every instance of web visit, a session is created. There are variables that are associated with each session, in my post, I reffered to the session variables and not session itself. I advise you read articles on Session Variables. From books and practical experience, I know they do affect performance.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by yawatide(f): 3:47pm On Jan 02, 2009
Soooo,

I think the situation has become similar to a car that is going very fast on the highway then suddenly meets a sharp bend, causing the driver to veer off course a little but then due to his driving experience, he is able to put the car back on course. Explanation:

The poster originally wanted a way to dynamically generate number of textfields based on user selection. I handled that part. Where we all (that means, including me) went off course is the 2nd part of the equation where the poster asked for how to populate dropdown B based on selecting something in dropdown A. We are also veering off course with the lesson on session variables. The more we go into theoretical explanations on the pros and cons of session vars, IMHO, the more confused the poster gets. By the way, the poster hasn't told us anything about his budget constraints or how many users he anticipates his system will support, worse case so using session vars may not be a bad idea after all. I would also like to suggest using cookies if session vars are so much of a problem.

Without scrolling up (sorry, I am a bit lazy tongue), I will say that there is a post that suggested that making the solution JavaScript based would eliminate the postback issue but be more difficult to update. The same post then goes ahead to suggest an AJAX solution. Question: What does the "J" in AJAX mean? If it is what I think it means, doesn't this negate the issue of "difficult to update"? Just curious.

Having gone through each post again, I will agree with the post that the solution be AJAX-based. Having said that, you can still retain values with a postback. How? I am glad you asked:

When the user makes a selection from the dropdown, it would trigger an "onchange" event. In that onchange function call, you do whatever code you need to do and your last line would be a call to "onsubmit()". This submits the form. Now, once the form is submitted, it passes along the form fields and their names/values. You could then do some form of backend logic like so:

If formField value exists then
echo formField Value in the for example, textfield
else
echo "" in the for example, textfield
end if

I hope this makes sense. If caching is a concern, then you cd tack on a timestamp value which will give you a guaranteed unique value each time the form is submitted. This would ensure that each postback yields a unique result.

Again, I would rather go the AJAX route but if you are so inclined to go the postback route, u can do what I have explained above.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by AbidemiA: 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Yawa
(Asynchronous Javascript And Xml) Technique for dynamically updating web pages. AJAX is the term coined in February 2005 to describe a collection of technologies used to automatically update and manipulate the information on a web page while it is being viewed in a browser (ie without the user having to manually refresh the page). This allows developers to create more sophisticated web pages and applications without having to add to the native capabilities of the browser. A key component is the use of XMLHttpRequest (http://www.looselycoupled.com/glossary/AJAX).

Now to your Question
yawa-ti-de:

Without scrolling up (sorry, I am a bit lazy tongue), I will say that there is a post that suggested that making the solution JavaScript based would eliminate the postback issue but be more difficult to update. The same post then goes ahead to suggest an AJAX solution. Question: What does the "J" in AJAX mean? If it is what I think it means, doesn't this negate the issue of "difficult to update"? Just curious.

Plain Javascript does not use XMLHttpRequest, everything is based on client side. In this case, we want to access the database, so we need to communicate with the server, and we do not want to send the whole page to the sever, so what comes to mind? patial page submission using XMLHttpRequest, this is where you need AJAX and not ordinary javascript.

Example http://adten.net/property/propertysearch.aspx if you select state, values of local area will be generated without total page postback.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by yawatide(f): 5:05pm On Jan 02, 2009
Plain Javascript does not use XMLHttpRequest, everything is based on client side.
(Clears throat, tweaks glasses (wait, I don't use glasses tongue), cracks knuckles, re-reads posts)
I didn't say "plain" anywhere and the fact remains that the "J" as plain as it might be, is still "Javascript".

By the way, what is the difference b/w "plain" javascript and "non-plain" javascript? Could I also say "plain" PHP and "non-plain" PHP? Just curious.

Again, rather than impress some folks with our theoretical knowledge, I think we need to get back on track and talk about the issue at hand which in my opinion, is pretty much solved at this point. Please, let's not start 2009 off with the "do you know who I am" attitude. At the end of the day, it doesn't get us anywhere. Thanks.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by AbidemiA: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Yawa

You asked a question

yawa-ti-de:

A javascript based solution was described above, where all values will be hard coded, it does not call values from database. I referred to it as plain javascript because the script block does not make use of any other technology. I described another solution (AJAX) where you can access database with XMLHttpRequest and Javascript, Ajax is not plain Javascript (pure javascript)  because it uses other technology which is XMLHttpRequest.

yawa-ti-de:

Again, rather than impress some folks with our theoretical knowledge, I think we need to get back on track and talk about the issue at hand which in my opinion, is pretty much solved at this point. Please, let's not start 2009 off with the "do you know who I am" attitude. At the end of the day, it doesn't get us anywhere. Thanks.

In my answer the only new thing I mentioned is XMLHttpRequest, without mentioning it, hw would i explain the difference between plain (ordinary, pure) javascript and AJAX where J stands for javascript. Also, in my definition of AJAX, I put the reference, just to show that it is not from me but another source

If others come to impress, I do not. I am here to learn and teach if you permit me. I rest my case.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by yawatide(f): 6:07pm On Jan 02, 2009
court isn't hereby adjourned just yet grin

Where did the term "plain javascript" come from cos I hv never heard the term. I am not saying it doesn't exist, but I have never heard it. Neither have I heard "pure javascript" at least with respect to difference b/w it and AJAX. I think these terms, even if you heard it from the founder of AJAX himself, are misleading as even I got misled. To me, saying something is "plain" or "pure" implies there is a "non-plain" and "impure" version and those last 2 sound a bit dirty to me. I guess I think differently. I am thinking food right now. I come to your restaurant and I ask which of the rice versons on your menu is better and you say, "well one is just plain rice and stew". I would be turned off at that point and probably never order your rice and stew, ever. Again, I know, I am a bit strange.

I think you could have taken me to school much better if you just stuck with "AJAX uses XhR whereas your approach doesn't" or something like that. I probably wouldn't have commented further.

Now, back to the question at hand so as to really rest your case (and mine as well), do you think all our posts combined is enough to help the poster?
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2009
@yawa,
I think this kind of arguement is good, Some will probably read this thread and say "Oh, I never knew, let me go google more on it", thats by the way

@ Abidemi_A

Abidemi_A:

I finished from computer dept, falculty of Engineering in 1996, and now falculty of Engineering no longer exists, if I print my result now, what falculty will be displayed on it?

For every instance of web visit, a session is created. There are variables that are associated with each session, in my post, I reffered to the session variables and not session itself. I advise you read articles on Session Variables. From books and practical experience, I know they do affect performance.

1. I say you won, I now got your point with just that example you sited. (This issue will definitely be noted during the testing stage if i were to be working on that project.)

2. i will ask if you know that every image or text requested from the web uses up resources?
session also uses up resources.
it all depends on your programming style, some even prefer to check number of current visitors by checking how many session files there is in the server's session path.

I can remember yawa saying something like "it seems ajax is the way out" based on what has been posted so far
I will like to say that there are 1000 and 1 ways to go around any task at hand if only i can think.

Abidemi_A:

Now to your Question
Plain Javascript does not use XMLHttpRequest, everything is based on client side. In this case, we want to access the database, so we need to communicate with the server, and we do not want to send the whole page to the sever, so what comes to mind? patial page submission using XMLHttpRequest, this is where you need AJAX and not ordinary javascript.

Example http://adten.net/property/propertysearch.aspx if you select state, values of local area will be generated without total page postback.

I did not follow your link but i know that XMLHttpRequest is a javascript object that needs to be instantiated in order to connect

here is an abstraction that will create an xmlHTTPRequest object from different browsers

<script type="text/javascript">
function ajaxFunction()
{
var xmlHttp;
try
{
// Firefox, Opera 8.0+, Safari
xmlHttp=new XMLHttpRequest();
}
catch (e)
{
// Internet Explorer
try
{
xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP"wink;
}
catch (e)
{
try
{
xmlHttp=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"wink;
}
catch (e)
{
alert("Your browser does not support AJAX!"wink;
return false;
}
}
}
}
</script>

You see, i overheard some ppl talking, one said, "i wan buy gala", i guess the seller handed him a gala and the response was "No be dat one, na 40 naira gala i wan buy"

I laughed, Gala is a brand name, and not a generic name (just like some call SUVs jeep, Mercedes jeep, toyota jeep, for christ sake jeep is a brand just like toyota)

the same thing is happening here
xmlHTTPRequest is a call Firefox, Opera and Safari uses to create it's "AJAX" object
just like IE requires window.external.AddFavorite() and firefox needs window.sidebar.addPanel() to do the same task, so also using AJAX requires that we create an object which in different browsers' case, needs different ways to be called
funny enuf, IE requires activeXObject to be called and not xmlHTTPRequest, at times, this can be confusing following the fact that many are putting up tutorials on AJAX without fully understanding it.

I look at the object created when my function runs as an API that allows me to use the same feature provided by a web browser's native HTT Protocol.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by Afam4eva(m): 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2009
I've done something like that with Java scripts
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by Nobody: 4:54am On Jan 05, 2009
God of all mercies - u guys dey code O.
I posted something related to that on dynamicdrive - just follow this link - http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40151
I am yet to publish it on my site - my site is still being revamped - i need to get all my codes scattered around and organize them there.

let me just paste some of what you will find there.

Dynamically Load Any Number of Form Elements With Ajax
1) CODE TITLE: Dynamically Load Any Number of Form Elements With Ajax

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Tony Ogundipe

3) DESCRIPTION: This allow you to split your form into many components and call them in with ajax. And if two elements are on the same level, the last loaded one will replace the previous one.

4) URL TO CODE: http://ds.mwebng.net/pages/js/chained-form-lite/

or, ATTACHED BELOW (see #3 in guidelines below):
Attached Files
chained-form-lite.zip (6.1 KB, 18 views)

That is the attachment.
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2381&d=1230659101

After creating that script - i have forgotten all about it - if u need any modifications just let me know (in case you will have to pay).
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by Nobody: 4:56am On Jan 05, 2009
In case you cannot figure out how to pick up from there just let me know - it can solve your problem with minimal coding.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by AbidemiA: 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2009
@Webdezi

webdezzi:

@ Abidemi_A

I did not follow your link but i know that XMLHttpRequest is a javascript object that needs to be instantiated in order to connect

here is an abstraction that will create an xmlHTTPRequest object from different browsers

I need to correct you here, XMLHttpRequest is not a javascript object, it is a DOM API that can be accessed by Javascript and other web browser scripting languages to transfer XML (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMLHttpRequest , http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/)

webdezzi:

You see, i overheard some people talking, one said, "i wan buy gala", i guess the seller handed him a gala and the response was "No be that one, na 40 naira gala i wan buy"

I laughed, Gala is a brand name, and not a generic name (just like some call SUVs jeep, Mercedes jeep, toyota jeep, for christ sake jeep is a brand just like toyota)

xmlHTTPRequest is a call Firefox, Opera and Safari uses to create it's "AJAX" object
just like IE requires window.external.AddFavorite() and firefox needs window.sidebar.addPanel() to do the same task, so also using AJAX requires that we create an object which in different browsers' case, needs different ways to be called
funny enough, IE requires activeXObject to be called and not xmlHTTPRequest, at times, this can be confusing following the fact that many are putting up tutorials on AJAX without fully understanding it.

I look at the object created when my function runs as an API that allows me to use the same feature provided by a web browser's native HTT Protocol.

I do not agree with what you said above, xmlHTTPRequest is DOM API, Microsoft implemented it in ealier version of I.E. as XMLHTTP which can be instanciated as activeX object, so the general name (base object) is xmlHTTPRequest.

If you have any supporting articles or docs against my argument, please let me know because they may help me in my current research work.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by yawatide(f): 1:20pm On Jan 05, 2009
Soooo,

Does this thread exist for the purpose of chest-thumping or to help the original poster with a problem that he has/had? undecided

Think about this folks, as we are not even 10 days into 2009.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2009
@yawa - u mean with all we have posted this guy still does not have a solution? ***takes a deep breath****
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by yawatide(f): 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2009
dhtml, I didn't say that hence, my "has/had" comment above. I always leave myself enough wiggle room wink

My point: If he is done, and I assume he is, then this thread is closed. If there are ppl who want to go on an ego trip, be my guest but not on this thread. You can always create another thread for that and post your pros and cons.

Make sense?

Personally, I will be removing my notifications from this thread very shortly grin
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 05, 2009
Abidemi_A:

@Webdezzi

I need to correct you here, XMLHttpRequest is not a javascript object, it is a DOM API that can be accessed by Javascript and other web browser scripting languages to transfer XML (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMLHttpRequest , http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/)

Sorry, my mistake

you said

Abidemi_A:

Plain Javascript does not use XMLHttpRequest

and my mistake, i wanted to say XMLHttpRequest is a javascript class,

Thanks for providing the link above, now lets go here

What is the Document Object Model?

The Document Object Model is a platform- and language-neutral interface that will allow programs and scripts to dynamically access and update the content, structure and style of documents. The document can be further processed and the results of that processing can be incorporated back into the presented page. This is an overview of DOM-related materials here at W3C and around the web.

Why the Document Object Model?

"Dynamic HTML" is a term used by some vendors to describe the combination of HTML, style sheets and scripts that allows documents to be animated. The W3C has received several submissions from members companies on the way in which the object model of HTML documents should be exposed to scripts. These submissions do not propose any new HTML tags or style sheet technology. The W3C DOM Activity is working hard to make sure interoperable and scripting-language neutral solutions are agreed upon.

Extracted from http://www.w3.org/DOM/

now read this again, from my earlier post

webdezzi:

funny enough, IE requires activeXObject to be called and not xmlHTTPRequest, at times, this can be confusing following the fact that many are putting up tutorials on AJAX without fully understanding it.

I look at the object created when my function runs as an [b]API that allows me to use the same feature provided by a web browser's native HTT Protocol.[/b]

i will no longer abbreviate maybe thats whats making it sound odd

I look at the object created when my function runs as a application Programming Interface that allows me to use the same feature provided by a web browser's native HTT Protocol (here i am talking about the Document Object Model)

Ofcourse the object created cannot access the web browsers' features without using the Document object model
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by davidt(m): 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2009
Hey guys, this has been some really interesting reading.

@yawa-ti-de
I appreciate the fact that you keep on reminding everyone to stick to the topic and avoid "chest-thumping".

You guys have really helped a lot (I knew you would) and I understand everything you guys are trying to say. The original solution I came up with extensively used session variables and it is due to my doubts concerning performance I created the topic and it turns out I am not the only one concerned about performance problems.

I am glad many people would inevitably learn a lot by reading the responses to my question. You guys have been great.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by davidt(m): 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2009
And yeah, I'll consider using AJAX, although sometimes that gets a little bit complex.
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2009
@david, i really wish to help - don't mind those guys up there - showing off their skills - as if the rest of us are mugus!! I have made a new year resolution to stop throwing stones in forums - anyway if u wish to learn ajax just come over to my thread and i will be glad to help you -
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=214605.0 - in fact i have been looking for ajax students.

And @yawa - don't mind my extrapolating jare - and i hope you have seen the punch script i wrote finally on your thread that was able to open the scripts into the same frame window.

and @poster, if you want a complete demo of your dynamic web form, just put the details on my ajax thread and i will post it on that same thread as a demo - and that will be that - and i wish to apologize on behalf of those that are turning this thread into a warzone - i assumed they were going to help - immediately i saw who they were - that was why i left the thread - only for me to come back and find them in full combat over pure water like xmlhttprequest!!! Me i am 100% practical - i hate chest thumping afteral i am not KING KONG - STANDING ON THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING!!
Re: Dynamic Web Forms by yawatide(f): 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2009
honorable dhtml cool

Yes, I saw your script (all 10 pages of it tongue) as well as your posts on various threads asking if I have seen the script cool

It is a little much for what I had in mind (for a site I did for free) but not to worry, as long as NL is alive, I will know that I can always search for it should I need to do such. Even if NL is dead by then, you dey my buddy list wink

(1) (Reply)

Pls Whats The Best Computer Professional Course To Do . ORACLE OR CISCO. / Boy Hacks Into Unilag College Of Medicine Website & Brags About It / Python Community In Nigeria Is Organising It's Maiden Edition Of Pycon 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.