Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram (14386 Views)

Arms Scandal: Air Force To Retire Avms, Commodores / Nigeria's Labour Union Calls For Kachikwu's Resignation Over Fuel Scarcity / Chad Army Vehicles Head For Cameroon To Fight Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by uchesino(m): 8:54am On Jan 30, 2015
raumdeuter:
Obviously the African Union is tired of Jonathans cluelessness and inability to fight Boko Haram

Now they have taken the responsibility from him

What a useless president
mumu shut up go get a life
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by mentorandfriend(m): 8:54am On Jan 30, 2015
Our Nigerian army has done exploits everywhere in Africa, but has failed in their own backyard. There is something we dont know yet. Hopefully, this will crush the hopeless, unintelligent insurgents. Nigeria needs a strong leader, and that person is not Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by loomer: 8:55am On Jan 30, 2015
chukwudi44:
Better foreign armies than the heavily compromised Nigerian army.Lots of Muslim northerners in the army are boko haram spies.They have been the ones hindering the war on terror by leaking of sensitive information and deliberately fleeing from fighting positions

I WOULDN'T DIRECTLY POINT ACCUSING FINGERS, BUT I KNOW THERE ARE LOTS OF SPIES HINDERING THE OPERATIONS
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by hyfr(m): 8:56am On Jan 30, 2015
egift:
You need to update yourself. Even a gold plated Iphone 6 cost more than 200k.
since you've decided to shame yourself I'll be glad to help. The picture he put up there is it a gold plated iphone 6? Where will he get a customized gold plated iphone 6 since apple has not granted the warranty yet? Iphone 6 128GB doesn't cost up to 110k. You'd soon say u got the 6+ for 250k
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 30, 2015
Good job AU.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by tinacrl01(m): 8:57am On Jan 30, 2015
the best president Nigeria ever hard! wat a useless MAN
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by asadike(f): 8:59am On Jan 30, 2015
This is a welcome idea. We have moles in d army and I know some people are really benefiting from this northern crisis
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by MansaMoussa: 8:59am On Jan 30, 2015
Pls Stay Out!!!
Stay Out!!
Stay Out!!

Nigeria must not fall prey to Western Agenda! The Chad Basin is rich! Once they land, they will NOT leave until they are done plundering! Eastern Congo comes to mind!
90% of BH's AO is in Nigerian Territory! Let us not carve out a section of this country for Vultures!
FG, throw in all you have!!!

Sri Lanka did it, Algeria did it, We can do it!!!

Jonathan, wake Up!!!
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Adekar(m): 9:00am On Jan 30, 2015
Nice one
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Descartes: 9:00am On Jan 30, 2015
egift:
Nigeria is capable of defeating Boko Haram, only if we replace the C-in-C. The guy in charge now is incompetent.
...and you think it will not get worse. I laugh in Cantonese...grin
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Franzeez(m): 9:01am On Jan 30, 2015
raumdeuter:
Obviously the African Union is tired of Jonathans cluelessness and inability to fight Boko Haram

What a useless president

Even if we will agree that GEJ has done bad, you are also a bad citizen to call your president clueless, what a shame on you Nigerians who sit back and insult the President. It shows you guys are also unpatriotic and its a disgrace to your Nation. No where in the world would people sit on social media and insult the highest office of the land no matter the political divide. Anyway with my understanding of Nigeria the office of the president is as good as trash because even after Goodluck, Nigerians will make it a hubby to insult the President. If a president is doing badly, wait and Vote him out, don't kill the office integrity for any reason. So many presidents have done worst, but never have we heard citizens calk their president drunkard, clueless, stupid, incompetent and so on. Nigerians should grow up learn.

1 Like

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by yehmi01(m): 9:01am On Jan 30, 2015
"Nigeria has the largest army in west Africa but has come under criticism at home and abroad for failing to stop the advance of Boko Haram"

Is this really true.

We have the largest Army in e whole of West Africa and this madness has been going on since 2006.

Oga ohh.

A big head does not mean big brains.

That's the case of this country and our so called leaders weather APC or PDP or NDP I don't care.

If nations can unite to fight for us and our so-called leaders can not unite here to fight this mad people and they are only hungry for power and will use the so called bokoharam to even campaign it shows the kind of leaves we have.

They are humans first before been politicians and if the human part of them don't see this as a problem that they all need to come together and solve weather APC or PDP then to be honest none of them deserves to be in asorock.

This is the truth black people will not want to say and that is why the white folks are different with everything.

2 Likes

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 30, 2015
What of 4.4trillion naira oga jona spend on security 4rm 2010 to 2015...mehn!!! We need changes sai baba!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by slap1(m): 9:04am On Jan 30, 2015
Some people groomed these militants as pets until they ran wild. I hope they're wiped out sooner.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by kekeolu(f): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2015
appini:
This is not a good news for Buhari
Indeed dem don spoil show for our general o! where him go get suppoters after failbuhari 14! I no fit laugh jare!

1 Like

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by 123CarZ(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2015
donphilopus:
I'm very glad Jonathan's level of incompetence, cluelessness is becoming legendary. We now know he's incapable of tackling this Boko Haram menace.

And because of that alone, I would rather throw this my precious 64GB iPhone 6?!

Into this creek and lose the #185,000 I bought it:

Than to vote this clueless Jonathan.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

We're relieving him of his duty come May 29th.

#IHaveDecided
#FeBuhari14th
#GMB/PYO

Chai! Chai!! Dia ris God oooo
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by attoskoly: 9:12am On Jan 30, 2015
donphilopus:
I'm very glad Jonathan's level of incompetence, cluelessness is becoming legendary. We now know he's incapable of tackling this Boko Haram menace.

And because of that alone, I would rather throw this my precious 64GB iPhone 6?!

#IHaveDecided
#FeBuhari14th
#GMB/PYO

is it true that there is apc english? clueless is the only thing they speak. out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by TonySpike: 9:12am On Jan 30, 2015
So Nigerians, here we are - this how far our current government has led us. Nigeria has become a country where military forces from African countires are being mobilised to fight insurgency. Even after spending billions of dollars to upgrade downgrade our military, the whole of Africa is proposing to help us. This is what corruption has cost us and our government says corruption isn't important.

On the other hand, I very much doubt the number of countries that will assist Nigeria because the fear of religious extremism spilling into the country. South Africa is expected to provide the largest tactical and manpower support, but their government isn't keen on supporting Nigeria. Recently, the government has proposed to black-list some private South African mercenaries who have indicated interest to provide tactical support to Nigeria.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Coolguy89(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

What a useless president
very useless,d worst president I ever seen
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by uyplus(m): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2015
We need a change of government and that is not too much to ask for. Jonathan administration has failed the down trodden Nigerians. Corruption and insecurity have rose to an unbearable zenith. We can't continue like this any longer. Just name all the scam, immigration interview scam, where an irresponsible government would demand money from the unemployed to give them jobs, Dieziani looted and spent N10bn in a year for private jet charter, Sure-p scam, missing 20bn NNPC funds, Missing Chibok girls, Baga massacre, Subsidy scam, Missing pension funds, pardoning of ex-convicts lik Bode george and DSP Almaesghyia, 10m pounds weapon procurement scam, the only name released was the Israeli's, but the government has refused to release the names of the Nigerians? $30bn spent on power sector, yet we have lost 2000MW and are currently below 2500MW (for a nation with a population of 170million Nigerians), Stella Oduah BMW scam, 119bn 1.5km 2nd Niger bridge scam, when LASG has built 1.3km Lekki-Ikoyi bridge with 29bn, N4bn on presidential feeding, N34.5m to feed lions in aso rock zoo, N10bn for 11presidential jet fleet maintainance just to mention a few. Why can't Nigerians be sensible enough to see that this administration is a fraud and has failed? You don't need a soothsayer!! Lets drop the bias and call a spade a spade.. the job market is saturated. They are no jobs. There are no oppurtunities. People are emigrating out of Nigeria at an alarming rate. The government keeps boasting about building 12univeristies, but where are the jobs to absorb them? No sector in this country is working. None. The railway is t funded by Nigerian government, but the Chinese government. So what has GEJ done with FG money?
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by johnnyblakes(m): 9:17am On Jan 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

What a useless president
see taut
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by mustymatic(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2015
BokoHaramm:
Good morning this afternoon to African Union, a lot still need to be done abbout de radicalising islamic fundamentalist and also sanctioning leaders of political parties like APC that sponsors BH
U just ended up typing rubbish, If apc r sponsors of bh, y hasn't d clueless master stop dem, now he's shown hw incompetent he and his supporters like u are
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by johnnyblakes(m): 9:19am On Jan 30, 2015
donphilopus:

#IHaveDecided
#FeBuhari14th
#GMB/PYO
funny enof ur vote wunt be noticed
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by attoskoly: 9:21am On Jan 30, 2015
chukwudi44:
Better foreign armies than the heavily compromised Nigerian army.Lots of Muslim northerners in the army are boko haram spies.They have been the ones hindering the war on terror by leaking of sensitive information and deliberately fleeing from fighting positions

you just nailed it. you can see from the mutiny thing. all the officers that made the soldiers angry are hausa muslims. they tried all their best to sabotage the efforts of the real nigerian army aimed at scoring points for gmb against gej. is it not this same gmb that said in 2012 that an attack on boko haram is an attack on the north? must he be the president before he fights this menace? you dont breed a monster to grow, definitely you are his closest prey.

1 Like

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Mattpopson101: 9:22am On Jan 30, 2015
caesaraba:
Ah! Thank God. We need that AU force ASAP! We've played our part in the past for other countries. It's only fair we get help from them in these trying times.

I hope it works, cux some top politicians are behind this Boko Idiots
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by johnnyblakes(m): 9:22am On Jan 30, 2015
uyplus:
We need a change of government and that is not too much to ask for. Jonathan administration has failed the down trodden Nigerians. Corruption and insecurity have rose to an unbearable zenith. We can't continue like this any longer. Just name all the scam, immigration interview scam, where an irresponsible government would demand money from the unemployed to give them jobs, Dieziani looted and spent N10bn in a year for private jet charter, Sure-p scam, missing 20bn NNPC funds, Missing Chibok girls, Baga massacre, Subsidy scam, Missing pension funds, pardoning of ex-convicts lik Bode george and DSP Almaesghyia, 10m pounds weapon procurement scam, the only name released was the Israeli's, but the government has refused to release the names of the Nigerians? $30bn spent on power sector, yet we have lost 2000MW and are currently below 2500MW (for a nation with a population of 170million Nigerians), Stella Oduah BMW scam, 119bn 1.5km 2nd Niger bridge scam, when LASG has built 1.3km Lekki-Ikoyi bridge with 29bn, N4bn on presidential feeding, N34.5m to feed lions in aso rock zoo, N10bn for 11presidential jet fleet maintainance just to mention a few. Why can't Nigerians be sensible enough to see that this administration is a fraud and has failed? You don't need a soothsayer!! Lets drop the bias and call a spade a spade.. the job market is saturated. They are no jobs. There are no oppurtunities. People are emigrating out of Nigeria at an alarming rate. The government keeps boasting about building 12univeristies, but where are the jobs to absorb them? No sector in this country is working. None. The railway is t funded by Nigerian government, but the Chinese government. So what has GEJ done with FG money?
guy u get time to type oo,pls I need that ur time to make more money
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by M4gunners: 9:24am On Jan 30, 2015
raumdeuter:

What a useless president
Boko Haram is a global problem not GEJ'S problem alone.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by makazona(m): 9:25am On Jan 30, 2015
A neutral military is the answer because the Nigerian military is not in one piece right nw.the decay in our military(especially equipments) is legendary.i lived in one of our major barracks and i noticed that our soldiers are world class but equipment is zero.

worsened by the unpatriotic behaviour of an average Nigerian who would rather tribalise and politicize issues-and haul insults indiscrimminately at the president. Just check most comments on NL,they are made with political affiliations in mind.

So, AU should now act more than they talk.

Sai Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by johnnyblakes(m): 9:25am On Jan 30, 2015
attoskoly:

you just nailed it. you can see from the mutiny thing. all the officers that made the soldiers angry are hausa muslims. they tried all their best to sabotage the efforts of the real nigerian army aimed at scoring points for gmb against gej. is it not this same gmb that said in 2012 that an attack on boko haram is an attack on the north? must he be the president before he fights this menace? you dont breed a monster to grow, definitely you are his closest prey.
bless u dear
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by genxris: 9:32am On Jan 30, 2015
I thought Osibande said Pa Buhari will personally match the Nigerian army into the Bokoharam forest to fight them?
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by caesaraba(m): 9:34am On Jan 30, 2015
Mattpopson101:

I hope it works, cux some top politicians are behind this Boko Idiots

That's the more reason why we need a foreign intervention force sef. They should just make sure they don't mix them the Nigerian Army cos then the aim would be defeated.
Re: African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram by Naledi14(f): 9:34am On Jan 30, 2015
yehmi01:
"Nigeria has the largest army in west Africa but has come under criticism at home and abroad for failing to stop the advance of Boko Haram"

Is this really true.

We have the largest Army in e whole of West Africa and this madness has been going on since 2006.

Oga ohh.

A big head does not mean big brains.

That's the case of this country and our so called leaders weather APC or PDP or NDP I don't care.

If nations can unite to fight for us and our so-called leaders can not unite here to fight this mad people and they are only hungry for power and will use the so called bokoharam to even campaign it shows the kind of leaves we have.

They are humans first before been politicians and if the human part of them don't see this as a problem that they all need to come together and solve weather APC or PDP then to be honest none of them deserves to be in asorock.

This is the truth black people will not want to say and that is why the white folks are different with everything.

best post ever put up regarding this issue. I am not a Nigerian but the situation there is extremely worrying as an African I give a damn. I don't see why Nigerian leaders seem not to care.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Only 38 Senior Officers Were Retired - Nigerian Army Explains / Kwara Muslim Youths Protest Against The Renewal Of License Cigarettes Production / Rot In NNPC: Corporation Failed To Remit N2.5trn In 10 Years —report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.