Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:54 AM

APC Matters In Pictures - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Matters In Pictures (102343 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Beji, Niger State Village In Pictures / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
ChelseaDr:
This is government of denials, by the liars and for the gullible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2015
I remain grateful to Gbenga Daniel – Tinubu dismisses rift rumors

A national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has cleared the air on the alleged enmity between him and a former two-term Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

Tinubu, who spoke through Mr. Wale Edun at the 25th anniversary celebration of Otunba Gbenga Daniels’ Kresta Laurel, said there is no truth in the stories that he has been fighting with Gbenga Daniel, adding that they are still good friends.

Edun said: “I am here representing Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and my presence is to show that there is no friction between Asiwaju and Otunba Gbenga Daniel”

Mr. Edun went on to explain that whenever Tinubu drives past the Kresta Laurel building in Maryland, Lagos, he remembers the enormous contributions Daniel made to the take off of his administration in 1999 and was immensely grateful.

He revealed that the Peoples Democratic Party chieftain was very gracious to donate the Kresta Laurel building to Tinubu’s campaign team at the time it was just being completed.

“The Daniels also made a section of their home available to Asiwaju Bola Tinubu whenever he worked too late and could not go home.
After the election, he also allowed us to use it for the Transition Committee where he was a member”

More from: http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/21/i-remain-grateful-to-gbenga-daniel-tinubu-dismisses-rift-rumors/
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 12:47pm On Nov 03, 2015
Buhari Returns From Foreign Medical Treatment, Receives Speaker Tambuwal
MAR 18, 2012

Former military Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari has returned from his overseas visit to his Kaduna base, and from where he has been receiving guests.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2012/03/18/buhari-returns-foreign-medical-treatment-receives-speaker-tambuwal

1 Like

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 8:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
egift:
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAwuEsjUQAA8eTD.jpg:large[/img]

This is a man who understands exactly what to do. Has a track record of victories. And has the political will to keep Nigerians safe across the Federation.

Kidnapper, Terrorists, Militants, Arm Rubbers, Criminals - find something legitimate to do with your life. The next President of Nigeria is NOT into Military-Costume-Wearing. He is a Retired Major General. Trained in Nigeria, India, United Kingdom and the United States. He is an over performer. He is not shy of the Facts. Our Senior Military Commanders will not eat Military budget and clean mouth under his watch.

Don't mind those that tell you that Nigeria Cannot be Changed. That things can't be better. They just want to keep looting. When they exhaust their lies, they will start mocking, insulting and posting cartoons.

While PDP are hoping to rig themselves in, Buhari and the entire APC team believe you have the capacity to elect Buhari with your votes alone. Let see who wins (PDP Rigging vs The Votes of the Masses).

This Change is Unstoppable. Sai Buhari. 5days to go!
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 5:22am On Nov 09, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 8:32am On Nov 10, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
Monimatic:
Two members of the House of Representatives, Hon. Herman Hembe and Hon. Aliyu Sani Madaki, on Tuesday exchanged slaps over the issue of juicy committees.

The Reps, both of who are members of the All Progressives Congress, slapped themselves in the White House within the National Assembly.
The altercation occurred before the day’s sitting began.

It took the intervention of the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yusuf Lasun, to separate Hembe (APC-Benue) and Madaki (APC-Kano).

There had been altercations over the allocation of chairmanship of House Committees by the Speaker, Hon. Yakubu Dogara.
There were allegations of favouritism in the allocation of the headship of the committees.
Hembe emerged as the chairman of the Committee on the Federal Capital Territory, which is considered as a Grade A committee and by extension juicy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3058563_43264985cfbd2785623f32ea0a3de42a07c12_jpeg8e185e609d22ddaedfef7cec1daf0380

From: http://theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-news-reps-exchange-slaps-over-juicy-committee/
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 1:12am On Nov 16, 2015

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 2:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 5:24am On Nov 18, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3089787_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

Thanks RevDesmondJuju and feel free to post similar screen shots here for easy reference. wink
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 8:57am On Nov 24, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by francizy(m): 9:01am On Nov 24, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 8:35am On Nov 25, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 11:08am On Nov 26, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2015

1 Like

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:05am On Nov 27, 2015
tafrica:
Following Elrufai's claim that GEJ spent billions on independene day celebration, a civic tech organisation called BudgIT Nigeria wrote to SGF office to inquire about the truth of ElRufai's allegation. Here is the official response from SGF office as posted by @BudgITng.

Have your say about El-Rufai and propaganda in our polity especially by the ruling party. How do they earn our trust when they feed us with lies everyday.
This is elrufai's Oct1 post about the allegation.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124353_elrufai_jpg_jpeg316771b26a2e800673a349a40c2e3d3c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124363_budgit1_jpg_pnge791b0f616d0cf483b805b9eff35e784

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124370_budgit2_jpg_jpegf4aacf4112ab020c646f653d80e1da0d
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 11:43am On Nov 27, 2015
MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 12:03am On Nov 30, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 11:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2015

Babasessy:

Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article)

The Awolowo rebirth in the Southwest has inspired gongs, songs and rhetoric of sorts. But they have missed one point.

It occurred to me in Abeokuta last week amidst the big crowds and euphoria of the swearing-in of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as governor. In all the states from Lagos to Edo, where Awo has witnessed ideological resurgence, hardly a single family member has played a role.

So we have an Awo family without an Awo. That is an irony. But history overwhelms us with this sort of twist. Obafemi Awolowo toiled for his reputation. His roots were lowly, he toiled to school both home and abroad, launched into careers in law, business, journalism and eventually politics. He carved a niche for himself, and became the first methodical and charismatic leftist in our history.  Other leftists abounded but they did not inspire comparable drama and following.

He faced tribulations, went to jail, failed in elections, won a few, but he imprinted his ideas and legacy in the country, and no single mortal has beaten him in the history of this country. His greatest achievement was in the area of ideas, and that was how he fashioned a family. Most families are born of biology but his issued from ideology. That family suffered with him.

In a spoof of Jesus Christ, these were the men who followed him in his teachings, and endured with him in his temptations. So he formed a kingdom for them in the Southwest, in the old Western Region, presiding over his projects, his legacies and people.

In all of these, the family he had was not his flesh and blood. In another spoof of Christ, who were his family anyway? Those who were with him must be counted as his family. So, I combed in the ambience of Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and I found none. I went to Ogun, I frisked the crowd under Amosun’s bower, hardly any. Around Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in Osun, I could not lay a finger. With Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti, where are the forbears of Awo? Yet, I can hear the chants of Awo. Hardly in any of the inaugural speeches or any of their other public intervention would you miss the philtre and filter of Awo from these gentlemen. To parody Novelist Joseph Conrad, they are the sparks from Awo’s sacred fire, the messengers of the might within the man.

Already all of them are pursuing the legacy ideas of Awo: free education, free health services, infrastructural development, urban renewal and economic engineering.

Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist. The others are putting up valiant efforts, and the world of course is watching to see how well they will perform. It will call for great work, resourcefulness and cooperation. They are the real Awoists, and Awo was a man of rigour and vigour.

The Awo son that many expected to take after the father was Olusegun, who unfortunately died in a car crash. We shall never know if he could have pulled it off.  But the others have not shown much of the paterfamilias’ brio and depth. In the past decade, under this republic, they have blended with the wrong crowd. Even H.I.D, hobnobbed with Alao-Akala, who brought illiteracy to governance; with Oyinlola who turned the grace of office into a hell-hole of despots; with Daniel who could not arrest his quick fall into megalomania.

I wrote once that this woman whom Awo once described as the jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause. If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death. Even his newspaper, The Tribune, has so stumbled and fallen that it swims in Awo’s vomit.

Groucho Max, one of the funniest satirists in American history, said of a man that he got his looks from his father. Then he quipped, “He was a plastic surgeon.” That means the son is not his real son, or he did not inherit his natural looks. Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others. He was the one who stuck his neck out. He could have lost his life or ended his career in politics. The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide.

The only person that made a real try was Awolowo-Dosunmu in the early 1990s and she lost roundly. She was accused of trying to ride her father’s coattail. Political families are good for democracies. They can exemplify the high ideals of diligence, dignity, ideas, character. We have seen these in such families as the Kennedys, the Adamses, the Roosevelts, the Ghandis. They just don’t claim family. They appeal to the high ideals that endeared the families to their societies.

It’s also an irony that these families are falling into twilight. Some of them have vanished. Enoch Powell, a British MP, once gave us the famous line: “All political lives, unless they are cut off midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure because that is the nature of politics and human affairs.”

Columnist Ambassador Dapo Fafowora adverted to this idea in a recent outing, and I debated it with him afterwards. I don’t believe that a political life should be judged by how it ends but what it means. The quote is often missed by many who mistake “careers” for “lives.” A political life should be judged by its legacies. If we judged Awo by how he ended, we would look at him only as the loser to Shagari. That is why I see an intrinsic mischief in Enoch’s quote. But I would agree that political families end also in failure if you judge how they peter out and not the legacy.

Awo’s legacy is alive and well. Members of other families in flesh and blood can carry on. Immediate families tend to suffer from what an author, Noemie Emery, describes as dynastic curse. The children tend to be intimidated by the standards set by the fathers. So they just don’t want to try. They feel they cannot match them or come even close.  The problem probably comes from the fathers themselves. The Adams, who produced important presidents, later gave birth to moral vagrants and drunks. The Bush daughters showed themselves as party girls when their father was contesting the political battle of his life.

But Joe Kennedy groomed his sons assiduously, and they excelled in politics. They also had a fair share of tragedies. Ted Kennedy regained his sobriety and voice in America after a season of debauchery. In Nigeria, we are seeing the Sarakis fade. A Saraki – Bukola - is wiping out the Sarakis from politics. It is a classic case of oedipal tragedy, something I predicted earlier this year on this page.

It is not late though for the flesh-and-blood Awolowos to join their father’s fold. But they must be genuine. Awo was the most important Yoruba personage in history after Oduduwa. They had stellar men like Oranmiyan, Balogun Latosa, Lisabi, Sodeke, et al. None of them had the unifying vision and organisational acumen that Awolowo gave the race. The wife, children and grandchildren should not watch others glow in his jewel without them.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/monday/sam-omatseye/index.1.html

fuzek:
THE General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and running mate of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) during the April 16 presidential election, Pastor Tunde Bakare, declared that it would be fool-hardy for “any bastard and the son of a concubine” to assume the leadership mantle of the Yoruba.

While preaching in his church in Lagos on the topic: “It is time to speak”, the fiery cleric said: “Look at the madness going on in Yoruba land. slowpoke, nincompoop, people without family background causing problem because of money, ill gotten wealth. If a town or settlement is at peace, the bastard there is yet to grow up.

“If you are a bastard, there is nothing you can do to cover up with money. Where is your father’s compound? A bastard pretending to be a patriot. We are proud of our heritage because we have goodly heritage. There are those who call themselves nobles who are under the influence of Jezebel. Until they drink kainkain, they cannot function. They pretend to be larger than life,” he added.

He likened the person angling to take over the leadership of the Yoruba to the Biblical Abimelech who forcefully took over a kingdom that did not belong to him and was eventually destroyed.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/100458-pastor-tunde-bakare-of-the-latter-rain-assembly-a-bastard-cant-rule-the-yorubas.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8514798_gbwa20190116170056_jpeg25822a5858058df34ca795fd9850312c
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 5:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
olokfor:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-JEvHkmIblBM/VmQG8JdjkHI/AAAAAAAHkL4/DzB89puAnpQ/s1600/00.jpg[/img]
Ibrahim Garba Maryam shared these photos of dilapidated school classrooms in Kano State. See what he wrote after the cut...

This is how thousands of classrooms look like in Kano state but he is still building bridges that has more commission rather than humanity. Building new classes is not the matter what matters fix the old schools and give more priority to social auditing and biogenic needs . Just imaging he is demolishing schools in ungogo local gvt to expand roads . What is the secrets in bridge building and motor parks while women a dying at child birth , unqualified teachers, insufficient female teachers poor infrastructure , poor health facilities , poor road networks , public school moving in reverse gear and private schools encouraging sodomy . We are waiting to see gvt respond on Hassan Gwarzo sodomy committee reports you can deny the media to cover up the case but we are wise to tell the parents . Unpunished Hassan Gwarzo is an encouragement and support of gay rights indirectly . Pls minister come down to Kano and secretly visits our schools in rural areas in Kano . Where is the transparency in good governanance"

[img]http://2.bp..com/-JHarSTZOIG4/VmQG8lBOL7I/AAAAAAAHkMA/a92cuJD0ReY/s400/0.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-7nSQ6Rwihd0/VmQG8m65qtI/AAAAAAAHkL8/Qpr3hVaeiW0/s400/1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-7nSQ6Rwihd0/VmQG8m65qtI/AAAAAAAHkL8/Qpr3hVaeiW0/s400/1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-HHFqeBg9Khw/VmQG83bVE5I/AAAAAAAHkMI/-RgrBoJMeQM/s400/02.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-DKvp-CDTygg/VmQG9GvY3aI/AAAAAAAHkMM/yYQwAXixcDE/s400/2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-ASrar6-GmCE/VmQG9w-_8wI/AAAAAAAHkMg/mUYFsJ06N38/s400/03.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-mDFIRf29HCE/VmQG-tWjpoI/AAAAAAAHkMo/THfCVpEZzUc/s400/3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-AwrTpHCkEWw/VmQG_fdSzBI/AAAAAAAHkMs/8DRZYdjqfXs/s400/4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/--Yvo7Klg_Ck/VmQHBCcFQlI/AAAAAAAHkNA/qL1NQGsYklk/s400/6.jpg[/img]

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/12/photos-bad-state-of-secondary-schools.html
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by jamace(m): 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
APC report card compilation......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (34) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Eating With Femi Fani-Kayode And His Family In Abuja (Photo) / Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.