Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

APC Matters In Pictures - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Matters In Pictures (102524 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack On Beji, Niger State Village In Pictures / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by BENZINA(m): 7:42am On Mar 22, 2017
Apc case don turn mago mago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 3:44am On Nov 06, 2017
Nicur:
Bad news for Nigeria as the US News. Best Countries Ranking marks Nigeria as the most corrupt country for 2016.

“The 2016 Best Countries report and rankings are based on how global perceptions define countries in terms of a number of qualitative characteristics, impressions that have the potential to drive trade, travel and investment and directly affect national economies,” the US News website reveals.

Sixty countries were measured in the inaugural report and and Nigeria was number 1 in the corruption ranking index. The West African country, widely regarded as the ‘Giant of Africa’, scored a perfect 10 in corruption. Nigeria’s overall rank was 57 on the index.

The U.S. News Best Countries Ranking which measures global performance on a variety of metrics is conducted in partnership with partnership with BAV, a global consulting firm and The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. 

Germany, Canada, and the United Kingdom topped the overall list of best countries in the world, in that order. The United States and Sweden were ranked 4th and 5th in the respected global index.

See the full ranking HERE which was released in January 2016.

Below are the 10 countries perceived to be the most corrupt, according to data from the 2016 Best Countries rankings.

Country Name Corrupt Rank Best Countries Overall Rank
Nigeria 1 57
Colombia 2 49
Iran 3 58
Pakistan 4 56
Mexico 5 27
Russia 6 24
Algeria 7 60
Egypt 8 39
Kazakhstan 9 55
Bolivia 10 54

source -http://www.thetrentonline.com/badnews-nigeria-ranked-1-corrupt-country-2016-best-ranking-index-look/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3530686_buharihair_jpeg_jpeg7922f099f97c59fa623acaa847a386e8

1 Like

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 9:45am On Nov 10, 2017
codest:
Ambode please come to our rescue in Ijesha Surulere as the major roads in Ijeshatedo Suruelre are in a dilapidated statte and are unmotorable. Some of these roads have been cotracted in the past but the project was done half way and abandoned.

The roads in the pictures below are that of Adeshina road a major road that links to the express and Omilani road.
We would appreciate if urgent repairs in carried ou on these roads. Thanks

mods abeg kindly take this to FP perhaps one of the govt officials can see it n they come n fix d road

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6218601_img20171104110412_jpegc4c4c701d48623899f9b39c45b5a8bbc

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6218588_img20171104105325_jpeg927e7aaa6caa3845f431c79663b60110

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6218620_img20171104103055_jpegdf626da979e72c41567b4696f6b1de2d

1 Like

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:14am On Nov 10, 2017
10 months after Nigerian govt’s launch of Ogoni clean-up, ‘not a drop of oil cleaned’ – Group
April 5, 2017

Ten months after the Nigerian government launched the clean-up of Ogoniland, actual work is yet to commence in the community, the Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria, ERA/FoEN, has said.

The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, in June 2016 flagged off the oil spillage clean-up exercise amidst an elaborate ceremony in Bodo, Gokana Local Government Area of Rivers State.

Godwin Ojo, Executive Director of ERA/FoEN, said almost six years after the UNEP report, “not a drop of oil” had been cleaned in Ogoniland.
“As we speak, there has been no serious effort to manage the expectations of the Ogonis. While some believe that the clean-up process is a money-making venture, others are facing difficulties to pursue the clean-up process,” Mr. Ojo said at a press conference in Lagos on Tuesday.
“Authorities responsible for the clean-up should come up publicly, provide a template for the clean-up and a step by step blueprint on how it would progress. The media is even kept in the dark, for example, no one knows the effective date of the clean-up process, and this is not good enough to manage the people’s expectations. Not everyone is being carried along at the moment.”

A United Nations Environment Programme scientific study released in 2011 exposed the large-scale, continued contamination of the water and soil in Ogoniland, and the serious threat they pose to human health.
In one case, UNEP found that a community drinking well was polluted with benzene, a cancer-causing substance, at levels 900 times above the World Health Organization guideline.

The report presented to former president, Goodluck Jonathan, on August 4, 2011, was, however, not implemented throughout the life of Mr. Jonathan’s administration.

Barely three months after he assumed office in 2015, President Muhammadu Buhari approved several actions to fast-track the long delayed implementation of the UNEP report. Some of the actions included the amendment of the official gazette establishing the Hydrocarbon Pollution Restoration Project (HYPREP) and the approval of the composition of a Board of Trustees for the HYPREP Trust Fund.
The president also approved a $10 million initial take-off grant for the implementation of the report.
In February, Mr. Osinbajo said the federal government had secured over $1 billion dollar from Shell Petroleum Development Company for the clean-up, adding that a governing council and board of trustees had been inaugurated on August 4, 2016 and January 12 this year, respectively.

“A funding of one billion dollars at 200 million dollars per annum over five years has been provided by Shell to provide drinking water, conduct health impact assessment and demonstrate remediation technologies,” Mr. Osinbajo, a professor of Law, had said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/227980-10-months-nigerian-govts-launch-ogoni-clean-not-drop-oil-cleaned-group.html

1 Like

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:28am On Nov 10, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6233955_nigerialistoffgbudget19992018_png6503818dae4a0d1caefec18de090a60d

Manson1:
"Before Buhari came to power:
I was buying a bag of rice N7,500 but later N23,000. Now N16,000. They said its for my own good, that local farmers are now very rich!

I was buying a bag of Semo N1,550 but later N3400. They said it is just to ensure food sufficiency!

I was buying fuel at N87 per liter, but later N145. They said it is just a temporal hardship for the nation to move on!

I was paying 1,000 NEPA Bill, but later N5,000, they said it is to ensure steady electricity!

I was buying a pack of sugar at N250 but now N500. They said I should thank God for this government!

Sanusi raised alarm about missing $20 billion during GEJ administration, later reduced it to $10 billion, the nation was agog. Under Buhari Kachukwu raised alarm of misappropriation of $26 billion, no reduction but he was asked to go and reconcile with Baru and story ends!

Naira was 178 to $1 under GEJ administration ,but under Buhari administration it went up to N500 to $1 and now exchanging for over N306 to $1 and we are told the economy is the focus of this government!

HoS raised alarm that my president was aware of Maina's return but choses to be quiet, no denial, yet, no reason was given to Nigerians for that!

We used to have presidential media chat in which d president keeps citizens abreast with what's happening, we only had it once under this administration and no reason is given for the alienation of the citizens!

My president went to Abia and Anambra on two days working visit and no single inmate was freed, he went to Kano and 500 inmates were left off the hook!

Almost 3 years gone, no single project has been commissioned under a government that has the highest history of budget in Nigeria!

I can go on and on...but, my challenge is that, people keep saying that PMB is the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria, even when this is not his first time in government. I am yet to be convinced."
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
three:
Attached below is the image of the site board for the Iponri 2 A Modern Market Development at Iponri Lagos State

Attached also is a Google earth satellite image of the site showing the current built up status.

The Question is:

HOW did a Modern Market Development promoted as a Joint Venture between Ibile holdings and Growmore Development Ventures AWARDED to Elektrint Nigeria Limited by the Lagos State Government under Babatunde Raji Fashola become a 200 unit Housing Estate under LagosHOMS under the same Governor?

How can a contract be awarded with Contractor mobilised to site as evidenced by the site board only for the contract to disappear and another fresh project be awarded on the very same site?

Lagos Magic?

cry cry cry cry cry cry

Attached image of LagosHOMS project from http://www.lagostelevision.com/lagoshoms-contractors-urged-early-completion/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5598638_iponricloseup_pngfb10333e425f3a3c7f8c9e4b05fe8ab4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5598637_iponri_jpeg68c6cf93c0ed4439d413fde1bf5562d0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5598639_iponrigoogle_jpegc11d104b42be212162b2a25364927ee7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5598640_lagoshoms640x394_jpege6590e72a23dabd68cc466cd59d69b43

1 Like

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:41am On Nov 15, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5571038_img20170629182543_jpegc7cee53f72c378e14af98da419eb2508

El-Rufai - It's Time to Restructure Nation
10 AUGUST 2010

For Nigeria to move to the next level, the issue of true federalism must be addressed, according to former FCT Minister, Malam Nasir El-Rufai. He shares his thoughts with Imam Imam.

Apprehension about the composition and workability of the Nigerian nation-state will subside if the country tilts towards true federalism, according to former FCT Minister, Malam Nasir El-Rufai. He said the present situation of things where all the component units get monthly allocations from the Federal Government only makes the states lazy and unproductive, adding that lack of foresight, financial discipline and lackadaisical approach to governance has played huge roles in limiting the country's march to greatness.

https://allafrica.com/stories/201008100105.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5571039_img20170629182528_jpeg2b5f3db35e78dbd5c003c53dd3f908cc

Updated June 29, 2017

Many Of Those Calling For Restructuring Are Opportunists, Irresponsible – El-Rufai

The Kaduna State Governor, El-Rufai has described recent calls for the restructuring of Nigeria as political opportunism and irresponsibility.

El-Rufai, while speaking on Channels TV’s Sunrise Daily said President Buhari’s administration has done far more in practical terms than past administrations and that many of those calling for a restructuring rather see it as a means of opportunism.

He stated that some of the practical steps taken towards restructuring included the fact that state governors are now more than ever, involved in economic policy making at the national level.

According to him, things that have always been hidden from state governments are now much more open as they are now more involved in investigations of finances of the excess crude account, among other things.

“We meet every month under the auspice of the National Economic Council and working together with the Federal Government we chart directions of economic policy and that is part of shifting the federal- state balance.

“A lot of the talk about political restructuring is political opportunism and irresponsibility in my opinion

“It is popular and people that have presidential aspirations think there is a platform upon which they will exploit this. As I said, if you look at the APC manifesto, all the elements to divulge power to the state to change the balance in the federation are there and we are committed to that as a party.

“The National Chairman of our party will restate that commitment and we are discussing it and as I said President Buhari and Osinbajo’s government has taken very concrete steps rather than rhetoric to actually move in that direction and we are going to move in that direction but we do not believe that the basis for it is rhetoric and opportunism, we do not believe that the 2014 CONFAB report is a sensible basis to even begin.

“We all know the circumstances in which the so-called CONFAB was put together, we all know the composition, how lopsided it was, how important stakeholders were not taken to account, how even the composition and numbers do not reflect the demographics and the diversity of this country and we took a position as a party not to participate but to encourage our state governors to be there at the table.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/06/29/many-calling-restructuring-opportunists-irresponsible-el-rufai/
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 6:30am On Nov 18, 2017
MrPolitics:
I had some free time and thought to do this to analyze how buhari and jonathan fared in the political zones.

North Central (6 states + FCT)
Buhari - 2,411,013
Jonathan - 1,715,818

North East (6 states) boko haram zone
Buhari - 2,848,678
Jonathan - 796,588

North West (7 states) buhari's zone
Buhari - 7,115,199
Jonathan - 1,339,709

South East (5 states)
Buhari - 198,248
Jonathan - 2,464,906

South South (6 states) Jonathan's zone
Buhari - 418,590
Jonathan - 4,714,725

South West (6 states)
Buhari - 2,433,193
Jonathan - 1,821,416

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 6:29am On Nov 25, 2017
#Mainagate: Maina Received His Salary And Treated At Least 20 Files In October After Buhari Ordered His Sack -Lawyer

Maina's Request For Reinstatement Was Work In Progress claims AGF Malami
NOV 23, 2017

he Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami , Head of Service of Federation , Winifred Oyo-Ita , Minister of Interior , Abdulrahman Danbazzau and Acting Chairman of the Federal Civil Service Commission, Joseph Oluremi Akande have all denied their involvement in reinstatement of the former head of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina.

They made this denial while giving their statements under oath before the House of Representatives Adhoc Committee Investigative Hearing on the disappearance, reappearance, and promotion of Maina at National Assembly in Abuja.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2017/11/23/mainagate-maina-received-his-salary-and-treated-least-20-files-october-after-buhari

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 6:36am On Nov 25, 2017
idumuose:
‎​Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) General Muhammdu Buhari (rtd)  has said that he will not seek any elective office again after  Saturday's Presidential election.

Speaking at grand finale of  his electioneering campaign in Abuja yesterday, Buhari said the 2011 campaign was significant for him because it is an election in which more unambigously than the previous two, “2003 and 2007, our victory is assured as evidenced by the unprecedented turnout by people and spontaneous popular acclaim all over the country.”

“This campaign is the third and last one for me since after it I will not present myself again for election into the office of the president,” Buhari said.

While commending voters for  coming out mass to vote last Saturday, the CPC presidential candidate however, said it was not good enough, “you must maintain your presence during the counting  and collation of votes and announcements of results. Because you haven't done this in all cases, they have already started turning your victories into defeats."

Buhari said the “the massive rigging that took place last Saturday is unacceptable and you must not allow a repeat performance next Saturday”.

Although he did not directly talk about the failed alliance between the CPC and the Action Congress of Nigeria, the former head of state said the task of defeating the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the election is a collective one saying, “in the end we must all in unison send the PDP government packing by giving it a punch on the mouth”.
mouth
‎​

www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/old/index.php/news-news/16766-i-will-never-contest-elections-again

The same Buhari has this to say:

2015: Only death'll stop me from contesting - BUHARI -
‎​http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/2015-only-deathll-stop-me-from-contesting-buhari/

I will run in 2015 - Buhari
‎​http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8559:buhari-i-will-run-in-2015&catid=54:nigeria-today&Itemid=594

Buhari: Contesting in 2015 is an obligation - Daily Trust
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/2947-buhari-contesting-in-2015-is-an-obligation

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4024299_bubu6_jpeg86aaf8fa6cd32a5104ab6bf996dd1ee3
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 6:19am On Nov 27, 2017
Nos of LGAs per state

Abia State 17
Adamawa State 22
Akwa Ibom State 31
Anambra State 21
Bauchi State 20
Bayelsa State 9
Benue State 22
Borno State 27
Cross River State 18
Delta State 25
Ebonyi State 13
Edo State 19
Ekiti State 16
Enugu State 17
Federal Capital Territory 6
Gombe State 11
Imo State 27
Jigawa State 27
Kaduna State 23
Kano State 44
Katsina State 34
Kebbi State 22

Kogi State 20
Kwara State 16
Lagos State 20
Nasarawa State 13
Niger State 24
Ogun State 19
Ondo State 18
Osun State 30
Oyo State 34
Plateau State 17
Rivers State 23
Sokoto State 22
Taraba State 16
Yobe State 17
Zamfara State 14

https://constative.com/news/current-affairs/36-state-and-thier-local-government-areas-in-nigeria
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 7:19am On Nov 27, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2017
Local Government Areas in Nigeria - Constitutional

Abia State 17
Akwa Ibom State 31
Anambra State 21
Bayelsa State 9
Cross River State 18
Delta State 25
Ebonyi State 13
Edo State 19
Ekiti State 16
Enugu State 17
Imo State 27
Lagos State 20
Ogun State 19
Ondo State 18
Osun State 30
Oyo State 34
Rivers State 23

Sub Total 357

Adamawa State 22
Bauchi State 20
Benue State 22
Borno State 27
FCT 6
Gombe State 11
Jigawa State 27
Kaduna State 23
Kano State 44
Katsina State 34
Kebbi State 22
Kogi State 20
Kwara State 16
Nasarawa State 13
Niger State 24
Plateau State 17
Sokoto State 22
Taraba State 16
Yobe State 17
Zamfara State 14

Sub Total 417

Grand Total 774
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 4:45am On Nov 28, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 5:31am On Nov 28, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 6:23am On Nov 28, 2017
Why I may not support my husband's re-election - First Lady

The President's wife has expressed frustrations about her husband's government, claiming it has been hijacked

In a shocking revelation, the President's wife, Mrs Aisha Buhari has said she may not support her husband's re-election in 2019 unless he retakes control of his government.
According to her, the President's government has been hijacked by a "few people."
Speaking in a BBC interview, she revealed that her husband "does not know" most of the top officials in his government, suggesting that a 'powerful caucus' is behind the presidential appointments.
"The president does not know 45 out of 50, for example, of the people he appointed and I don't know them either, despite being his wife of 27 years," Aisha Buhari said.
She said people who have been appointed to top positions do not even share the vision of the All Progressives Congress (APC) but they got the appointments because of the influence a select few wield.

http://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/aisha-buhari-why-i-may-not-support-my-husbands-re-election-first-lady-id5604913.html

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 8:59am On Nov 28, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 28, 2017
AP Cheat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:34am On Nov 28, 2017
citizenisb:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says President Muhammadu Buhari may not do well in economy and foreign affairs, except in military matters.

“Buhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,” Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues — themed, “Driving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policies” — organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: “Is there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?”, Obasanjo replied, “Is there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ‘Are elections giving democracy a bad name?’ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you don’t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeria’s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

“I will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I don’t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.”

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3715006_20160514184917_jpeg4e963088f6fac3013b8813a5ecf7c349
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:40am On Nov 28, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2017
three:
Is Tinubu one of them?

Person wey kolobi a whole Ikoyi/Obalende LG land on Alfred Rewane/Glover Road!

Below is land before kolobi & after

How much was Tinubu worth before 1999 with no house in Ikoyi but now owns a private jet?

But Lagos/SW Media and CSOs are paid to look and unlook so nothing to see here... Move along....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5650889_20170713122229_jpegf63e89f461d97e425eb3456044ee705a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5650890_images_jpeg68d5535b971d558f594f10a5affd0a71
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:58pm On Nov 28, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 8:07am On Dec 01, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2017
agwom:
Minister of Finance Mrs Kemi Adeosun unearthed a previous petition against Mounir Gwarzo and suspended him as Director General of the Securities and Exchange Commission [SEC] because he demanded to be served in writing with her order to stop SEC’s forensic audit of Oando Plc, Daily Trust learnt from informed sources and official documents in Abuja yesterday. Adeosun, who said she was giving the order in her capacity as the Board of SEC, implied that it was President Muhammadu Buhari who wanted the Oando inquiry stopped because she said the president did not give her orders in writing. When Gwarzo insisted on a written order, the Finance Minister said he too had a petition written against him and that she would suspend him in order to allow for a full investigation.

The straw that broke the camel’s back was a November 27, 2017 letter that SEC’s Head of Legal Department wrote to Oando’s Group Chief Executive Officer Mr. Adewale Tinubu, cousin of APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. SEC informed Tinubu that it had appointed five firms including Akintola Williams Deloitte, United Securities, Nasiru Muhammad and Co, SPA Ajibade and TJADAF Consulting and Associates to undertake a forensic audit into the oil firm’s affairs. The audit, among others, is to determine Oando’s financial health, determine if there was insider trading in the company’s stock in 2013-15, determining the accuracy of its shareholding records and review its assets disposals and the purchasing parties, among others.

According to the documents that Daily Trust obtained, trouble for Oando began when SEC received petitions from Ansbury Investments and Dahiru Barau Mangal alleging going concern of Oando, insider dealings, acquisitions of subsidiaries without SEC approval, misstatements in the company’s audited financial statements, declaration of dividends from unrealised profits, violation of SEC rules on remittance of dividends to registrars, related party transactions and discrepancies in Oando’s shareholding structure, among others. After its initial findings, SEC ordered a forensic audit and ordered the Nigeria Stock Exchange to suspend trading in Oando’s shares. The oil firm went to court on October 24 to try to stop both the forensic audit and suspension of trading in its shares but a Lagos Federal High Court judge threw out the case on November 23.

A day later, on November 24, according to the documents, top Finance Ministry officials led by the permanent secretary met with the SEC DG and approved that the forensic audit of Oando should go ahead. Three days later however, on November 27, Minister of Finance Adeosun summoned Gwarzo to her office and ordered him to discontinue the forensic audit of Oando. Instead, she said SEC should impose a penalty on Oando. Mounir Gwarzo demanded that the Board order be given to him in writing. He also wrote a memo to the minister the next day, November 28 highlighting the dangers of discontinuing the probe of Oando, which he said would render SEC impotent in dealing with all transgressions in the securities sector. It was at this point that Adeosun resurrected a petition and suspended Gwarzo from office pending a probe of the allegations against him.

Daily Trust also examined several documents to do with the allegations against Gwarzo. Permanent Secretary in the Finance Ministry Mahmoud Isa Dutse had on November 3, 2017 served Gwarzo with a query regarding the allegations. They include that SEC paid him N104m severance package at the end of his tenure as SEC executive commissioner even though he remained in SEC’s service as director general; that he is a director in Medusa Ltd despite being a public officer and that he awarded contracts to the same firm as DG of SEC. The petition also alleged that Gwarzo recruited staff without following proper procedure and that he received kickbacks from contractors.

In his reply dated November 5, Gwarzo said he quit his directorship of the family firm Medusa in 2013 when he went to SEC, that Medusa never got any contract from SEC during his tenure, that he followed all due process in recruiting staff and that he never collected kickbacks from contractors. Gwarzo however admitted that he collected the severance pay for his earlier service as Executive Commissioner, Operations based on a SEC Board decision of July 2002. A committee made up of SEC’s heads of legal, human resources, finance and procurement had last March determined that Gwarzo was entitled to the severance pay based on the wording of the Board decision of July 2002. SEC’s Executive Commissioner Corporate Services and Executive Commissioner Legal and Enforcement made the same interpretation in 2015 before Gwarzo was paid. They however recommended that in future the Board should amend the resolution so that only officers that exit SEC completely should be paid. They said the Board did not envisage a situation whereby an Executive Commissioner could become the director general.

An informed source told Daily Trust yesterday that it remains to be seen if the Acting Director General of SEC, to whom Gwarzo handed over the commission’s affairs last week, would now stop the forensic audit of Oando Plc and instead impose a penalty as Mrs. Adeosun is demanding, allegedly at the behest of the President. The source, who is a capital market insider, said this promises to be one of the biggest scandals in Nigeria because it would render a powerful regulator toothless. He said SEC had previously probed and punished many quoted companies for similar infractions and that if Oando gets away with a slap on the wrist, SEC would have no moral authority to deal with similar infractions in the future.

Adviser, Media, Mr Oluyinka Akintunde the minister said Mr Gwarzo was suspended for flagrantly violating the Public Service Rules and to allow for unhindered investigation of some allegations made against him by an Administrative Panel of Inquiry.

“The Administrative Panel of Inquiry was set up by the Honourable Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun to look into the allegations of payment of severance package of over N104 million to himself and award of contracts to companies he is related to, which results on conflict of interest.”

He said Minister has never interfered in the operations of the agencies under the Ministry of Finance.

https://dailytrust.com.ng/scandal-adeosun-suspended-gwarzo-for-not-stopping-oando-forensic-audit.html

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6358762_201712largegwarzofornotstopping_jpeg97509d89929bb382de54a403b558b864
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2017
Donclaracuzo:
Abia – Male (130) Female (130)
Adamawa – Male (62) Female (62)
Akwa-Ibom – Male (123) Female (123)
Anambra – Male (139) Female (139)
Bauchi – Male (35) Female (35)
Bayelsa – Male (72) Female (72)
Benue – Male (111) Female (111)
Borno – Male (45) Female (45)
Cross-Rivers – Male (97) Female (97)
Delta – Male (131) Female (131)
Ebonyi – Male (112) Female (112)
Edo – Male (127) Female (127)
Ekiti – Male (119) Female (119)
Enugu – Male (134) Female (134)
Gombe – Male (58) Female (58)
Imo – Male (138) Female (138)
Jigawa – Male (44) Female (44)
Kaduna – Male (91) Female (91)
Kano – Male (67) Female (67)
Kastina – Male (60) Female (60)
Kebbi – Male (9) Female (20)

Kogi – Male (119) Female (119)
Kwara – Male (123) Female (123)
Lagos – Male (133) Female(133)
Nassarawa – Male (58) Female (58)
Niger – Male (93) Female (93)
Ogun – Male (131) Female (131)
Ondo – Male (126) Female (126)
Osun – Male (127) Female (127)
Oyo – Male (127) Female (127)
Plateau – Male (97) Female (97)
Rivers – Male (118) Female (118)
Sokoto – Male (9) Female (13)
Taraba – Male (3) Female (11)
Yobe – Male (2) Female (27)
Zamfara -- Male (4) Female (2)

FCT - Male (90) Female (90)
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
sunnyb0b0:
Timipre Sylva, former governor of Bayelsa state, has retrieved 48 of his property which the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) seized during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan.

According to PUNCH, some of the property are located in Wuse II and Maitama, highbrow areas of Abuja.

Back then, the commission had slammed 50 charges against the ex-governor and arraigned him before three federal high courts in Abuja.

Sylva, who contested the 2015 governorship election in Bayelsa, had accused the anti-graft agency of witch-hunt and political persecution.

The case was subsequently struck out.

A PUNCH correspondent, who visited some of the houses, observed that the inscription ‘EFCC, Keep Off’, on the gates or fences of the property, had been wiped off the buildings while some had been rented out.

The correspondent, who posed as a prospective tenant, was informed that the rent for the property ranged between N2.5m and N6m per annum.

Sixteen units of service apartments at Plot 1181 Thaba Tseka Crescent, off IBB Way in the Wuse II area of the federal capital territory (FCT), cost N6m per annum including a N1.5m service charge.

The building provides seven hours of power supply from a generator. One wing had been painted while the other was under reconstruction.

“When the EFCC sealed off this property, it was rotting away. However, it was re-opened a few months ago so we started to refurbish the property. We have repainted the property and we have started renting the apartments out,” a guard at the property was quoted to have said.

At a block of flats, which comprises nine units (six one-bedroom and three two-bedroom flats) located at 8, Sefadu Street, Wuse, Zone 2, PUNCH was told that the rent ranged from N1.5m to N3m.

“Immediately the EFCC inscriptions were erased, all the flats were taken. There is no vacant apartment now,” the security guard said.

At a property located at 8 Mistrata Street, Wuse II, Abuja, it was observed that the property was a hotel, which charged between N25,000 and N45,000 per room.

TheCable’s efforts to reach Wilson Uwujaren, EFCC’s spokesman, for the reaction of the commission did not yield the desired result as of the time this report was filed.

His telephone line was out of reach, but a text message was sent.

https://www.thecable.ng/efcc-returns-sylvas-48-houses-seized-jonathan

Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 11:59pm On Dec 11, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 4:07am On Dec 12, 2017
Re: APC Matters In Pictures by anonimi: 10:58am On Dec 12, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (34) (Reply)

Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide / Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts / Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.