Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,964 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:28 AM

Have You Seen My Ada? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Seen My Ada? (2668 Views)

Ada Ogbonna Comes For People Mocking "Hefty Man And Slim Bride" / Fate Of Ada / Ada Ocha Ntu And Mark Hall's Bitter Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
I just read a post today that finally convinced me to make my debut OP on NL. Who knows, if this gets a positive response you guys may just encourage me to finally launch my humor blog.

This is the 1st in my series of personal life experiences that I hope will make you laugh and learn:

There was this day that I was at the foot of the Maroko pedestrian bridge on my way back from The Palms at Lekki. I was jejely waiting for a bus going to CMS when I sighted this Bianca Onoh look-alike (1988/1989 version) coming down from this bridge. Was she a fine-looking damsel! Anyways, I composed myself and made myself ready to make my pitch. But the more she drew closer, the more irrestitible she looked, the more poor me developed cold feet. I was about to give up on my quest when she suddenly stopped right next to me!

To Be Continued...

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by iceberylin(m): 2:10pm On Jan 30, 2015
Update biko grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
The moment she stopped at my side, i realized the wisdom in the ancient words of Agur who wondered aloud in Proverbs 30:18-19 about "the way of a man with a maiden". She practically arrested my attention! Friends, to dey hear no be like to be there o! Should I sing about the sweet whiff of her fragrance or the dream-inducing sound of her voice when she opened her luscious lips and said "Hi".

*pours ice-cold water on myself*. Ok let's continue.

When I finally managed to get my acts together, I introduced myself. "Ada", she replied.

(That name told me two things about her: (1) She is Ibo - a million-plus bride price (2) She is probably the first daughter of her parents - add another million to that bride price. Nevertheless, I thought, we would cross that bridge when we get there.)

We got on chatting and before long we were so deep in conversation that you would think we came out from the same womb at the same time. She laughed at my jokes, she blushed at my compliments, she hung on every word that dripped from my lips. She even gave me a gentle smack on my left arm when I made a silly comment about a passersby.

All of a sudden, we were rudely interrupted by a coarse voice shouting "CMS!".

To Be Continued...
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by InZA: 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
Mammy water undecided

I'm sure she just came out from bar beach and was looking for the next prey.

Oya come and update....let's see how she turned to Geisha in your bedroom.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by gracile(f): 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
*pitches-tent*
this gonna be hilarious, buh shouldnt it be in the lit.section
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by INYOMA(f): 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
lol
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
InZA:
Mammy water undecided

I'm sure she just came out from bar beach and was looking for the next prey.

Oya come and update....let's see how she turned to Geisha in your bedroom.

lol @mammy water. Looks to me like you are talking from experience

Geisha in my bedroom? nna sorry to dissapoint you sir. The story's ending wasn't anything like that
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
gracile:
*pitches-tent*
this gonna be hilarious, buh shouldnt it be in the lit.section

why literature section? You think I'm making this up? Or you think the story is too juicy to be true?
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by gracile(f): 4:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
Swadow:

why literature section? You think I'm making this up? Or you think the story is too juicy to be true?
No, ur getting it wrong. Literature section is not for fictious stories alone, people tell their real life stories there too. Putting up urs here is not a bad idea only if you're not planning to make it lengthy, justsaying tho

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
"CMS?!". Oh see me see gbege o. To think that I had totally lost track of my original intent for being at the foot of Maroko pedestrian bridge. Anyways, I made a dash for the bus but the seats were quickly occupied as I got there. I only just managed to grab the last seat left (the conductor's seat actually).

But my triumph was shortlived because when I looked out of the bus, there was my Ada staring at me with those adorably helpless glassy eyes. At that point, my reasoning faculty was put on "override" and my hormones ramped up to "overdrive". Next thing I knew I shouted at the top of my voice for the driver to STOP the bus. I then stepped out and beckoned on Ada to take my seat.

That was when it dawned on me: I WAS YET TO COLLECT ADA'S CONTACT NUMBER! I quickly brought out my phone and requested for her digits. She obliged. "08060..." (conductor slams door and bus zooms off.)

Vroom!

And that was it.

Gone with the wind.

Zapped just like that.

It's like five years today. And I'm still mourning my loss.
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Eberex(m): 4:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
hahahahahahhehehe!!!!

Thank you guy! i just laughed for the first time today! you made my day

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 4:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
gracile:

No, ur getting it wrong. Literature section is not for fictious stories alone, people tell their real life stories there too. Putting up urs here is not a bad idea only if you're not planning to make it lengthy, justsaying tho

Ok I get it now. Thanks for the tip. Perhaps I will also post it on the Lit section.

You a writer too?
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
Stories that touch
Sorry ok
Oya swerve
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by marshalcarter: 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
undecided...you for don enta studio na...
Ayam lukin for ma ada...with the baddest baka

Lubbish
*pls get me oligin*
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by SuccessfulO(f): 4:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lol, my 1st laughter 4 2day. Tnx though

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by asdfjklhaha(f): 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lol @op u shuld hav used okada 2 pursue d bus until u get 2 her bus stop an collect d contact. Who knows ur story might hav had a happy ending.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by jmoore(m): 5:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
The Ada you are looking for is already married with kids.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
Eberex:
hahahahahahhehehe!!!!

Thank you too for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed my narrative.

There is more where that came from.
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
marshalcarter:
undecided...you for don enta studio na...
Ayam lukin for ma ada...with the baddest baka

Lubbish
*pls get me oligin*

Guy, cynicism no fit u. You are more than this.

Be positive and you will attract positive.
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 5:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
Eberex:
hahahahahahhehehe!!!!

Thank you too for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed my narrative.

There is more where that came from.
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 6:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
asdfjklhaha:
Lol @op u shuld hav used okada 2 pursue d bus until u get 2 her bus stop an collect d contact. Who knows ur story might hav had a happy ending.

Kai! No wonder Proverbs 11:14 talk say "...in the multitudes of counselors there is safety". If to say I don sabi u that time now I for jus do "call a friend" for this priceless advice wey you jus nack me now. Alas this advice is coming five years too late o. embarassed

The only remedy for this your belatedness na for u to take her place for my heart o. (You even resemble her small self.) wink
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2015
jmoore:
The Ada you are looking for is already married with kids.

Oracle I hail o! cool

But on second thought, seems to me like you were the guy that sat next to her in that fateful bus. You collected the rest of her phone number, You filled in the lyrical gaps I had left, You went ahead to friend and date and court and engage and wed my Ada, You reaped where I had sown. Ha! Eledumare nbe loke o! cry

If my allegations are unfounded, then why did you make the above statement with such conviction?
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by jmoore(m): 6:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
Swadow:

Oracle I hail o! cool

But on second thought, seems to me like you were the guy that sat next to her in that fateful bus. You collected the rest of her phone number, You filled in the lyrical gaps I had left, You went ahead to friend and date and court and engage and wed my Ada, You reaped where I had sown. Ha! Eledumare nbe loke o! cry

If my allegations are unfounded, then why did you make the above statement with such conviction?
Actually, I was the bus conductor. My oga, the driver is married to Ada. grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by SuccessfulO(f): 6:35pm On Jan 30, 2015
True talk, correct babe.
asdfjklhaha:

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by SuccessfulO(f): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
U too funi.
jmoore:

Actually, I was the bus conductor. My oga, the driver is married to Ada. grin
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2015
[b]Actually, I was the bus conductor. My oga, the driver is married to Ada. grin[/qu[/b]ote]

eewo! I knew I smelled a set-up that day. shocked

Help! conductor and driver have used "one chance" to carry my Ada away o! cry

BTW how did your driver oga manage to raise the million million bride price biko?
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by elantraceey(f): 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
The comments made me laugh than your story .

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
lmao! grin hehe op, you will see another Ada

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by jmoore(m): 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
Swadow:

eewo! I knew I smelled a set-up that day. shocked

Help! conductor and driver have used "one chance" to carry my Ada away o! cry

BTW how did your driver oga manage to raise the million million bride price biko?
The bride price was 25,000 Naira.
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2015
It's funny but I feel ur pain...I can't imagine myself in your shoe
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by Swadow(m): 7:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
Nneka123:
lmao! grin hehe op, you will see another Ada

isorite.... I hav hear. sad

Maybe I should go buy out all the Coca-Cola bottles with "Ada" written on them and then invite Adas all over the world to come for free drinks at my crib. cool
Re: Have You Seen My Ada? by gracile(f): 11:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
Swadow:

Ok I get it now. Thanks for the tip. Perhaps I will also post it on the Lit section.

You a writer too?
You welcome. I'm not a writer at least i haven't tried, but i read..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Met Him First But He Loves Me. / I Think I,m Handsome And Cute. / Sex In Africa My Experiences And Advise For Travelers - Mark Zola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.