Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain (1675 Views)

What Nigerians Are Saying About Osita Chidoka & The Vacant Senate Seat / Biafra Is Gradually Gaining Grounds Beyond My Expectation! / Akpabio Suffers Setback In Bid To Retain Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain by esosuo: 2:50pm On Jan 30, 2015
The National Assembly Election Petitions
Tribunal in Minna on Friday upturned the
result of the Niger East Senatorial by -
election conducted on August 30, 2014 .
The by - election was concluded on
September 6, 2014 in favour of Barrister
David Umaru of All Progressives Congress.
The Chairman of the three -man tribunal,
Justice Ibrahim Bako , gave the verdict in a
judgement that lasted for hours .
Justice Bako saw the APC candidate
returning with 79, 779 votes as against Dr .
Shem Zagbayi Nuhu of Peoples
Democratic Party ( PDP ) who had 68, 525
votes.
The APC candidate had petitioned the
tribunal , challenging the declaration of his
PDP opponent as winner of the election by
the Independent National Electoral
Commission.
This brings the number of APC Senators in
the state to two – Niger East and Niger
North Senatorial districts , while PDP hold
on to its control of Niger South Senatorial
district .
Re: Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain by Justbright(m): 2:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
Gud news.....but pls show ur source pls
Re: Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain by esosuo: 2:57pm On Jan 30, 2015
Justbright:
Gud news.....but pls show ur source pls
source is the nations news paper of today
Re: Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain by FastShipping: 2:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
I can vividly remember when this election result was coming in with APC candidate was getting the best of the results from the polling booth but to my surprise, the PDP guy was declared the winner the next day.

The PDP were in disarray as the results were coming in in favor of the APC candidate but when the PDP guy was declared as winner the next day, PDIgs started mocking the progressives on this forum.

My question is: how did INEC declare the PDP as the winner of that senate election when the APC had the highest vote? I am scared of INEC. It seems INEC is supporting status quo.

1 Like

Re: Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain by engrtee(f): 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
Any judgmeent in favor of apc is good. Any judgement against apc is biased
Re: Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain by doctokwus: 4:02pm On Jan 30, 2015
FastShipping:
I can vividly remember when this election result was coming in with APC candidate was getting the best of the results from the polling booth but to my surprise, the PDP guy was declared the winner the next day.

The PDP were in disarray as the results were coming in in favor of the APC candidate but when the PDP guy was declared as winner the next day, PDIgs started mocking the progressives on this forum.

My question is: how did INEC declare the PDP as the winner of that senate election when the APC had the highest vote? I am scared of INEC. It seems INEC is supporting status quo.
Pls can you post the link of that thread on nairaland?I want to read d lies the PDP goons wud have been spinning that period.
@topic,Niger state was already locked for APC, its the margin of victory that is just important.
Re: Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain by esosuo: 4:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
engrtee:
Any judgmeent in favor of apc is good. Any judgement against apc is biased
grin bias: is when the winner is determined by a cabal and not popular votes
Re: Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain by esosuo: 4:08pm On Jan 30, 2015
doctokwus:

Pls can you post the link of that thread on nairaland?I want to read d lies the PDP goons wud have been spinning that period.
@topic,Niger state was already locked for APC, its the margin of victory that is just important.
Senate: Tribunal declares APC winner of Niger by-election - The Nation - http://thenationonlineng.net/new/tribunal-nullifies-pdp/
Re: Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain by FastShipping: 4:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
doctokwus:

https://www.nairaland.com/1880478/niger-east-senatorial-by-election-results
https://www.nairaland.com/1882963/pdp-thrashes-apc-again#25942276
Re: Apc Gaining Grounds In Niger State With Another Senate Seat Gain by kbabajide(m): 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
I said it on d result thread den dat apc won the election cos I paticipated in d election, people dat were not on ground started abusing me.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Radio ON Right NOW From Biafraland - Tune In! / PHOTOS!!! President Plays Football While His People KILLS Eachother / Diezani Breaks Silence, Reveals Side Of Story In 3-part Exclusive Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.