Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

The Chicken Chasers By Chukwuemeka Ike - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Chicken Chasers By Chukwuemeka Ike (2141 Views)

Nneoma Ike-njoku Becomes The Only Nigerian To Win(1million In) Mmfoundation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Chicken Chasers By Chukwuemeka Ike by ayandee: 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
The title 'The Chicken Chasers' reminds me of those childhood days when we as young children chased fleeing Christmas chickens round the yard. Chukwuemeka Ike humorously reveals the dark side of international politics in a fictional African Union in his book The Chicken Chasers.

All those attempting to chase the honest but naïve Secretary-General (S-G) out of office did so for different reasons, from the ridiculous to the absurd. Foremost among them was the charming but dangerous Mrs. Peace Bozo (Baby Face to her admirers) who saw everyone as a tool to be used and dumped as she wished. The S-G's display of integrity, honesty and moral uprightness made all those who had chosen to "chase chickens" sprawl in the dust.

The [i]Chicken Chasers [/i]is a funny satirical piece. Though written about a few decades ago, the issues raised in this book remains relevant as politicking is still a part of our everyday lives.

For more interesting stories and reviews please visit www.bookconvo.com

(1) (Reply)

[story] The New Form Teacher(rated: 18+)…part 7 / “he Not Only Took My Virginity, But My Life Too” (story From A Poor Girl) / When Love Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.