Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

My Online Dating Experience. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Online Dating Experience. (37679 Views)

Your Worst Dating Experience / "Igbo Guys Are The Real Demons"- Girl Narrates Her Ugly Dating Experience / My Embarrassing Dating Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ishilove:
I can endure many things, but not odour of anykind. I don't know which is worse between mouth odour and body odour... sad angry

Punny odour is the worst.

9 Likes

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by HFOG(f): 9:17pm On Jan 31, 2015
carefreewannabe:

It doesn't matter what guys, that she finds disgusting, think of her.

irishCream,

I know lots of women who made the same experience with online dating and I am wondering whether these guys should be told or whether a woman oversteps her boundaries and hurts someone by telling a grown up man how to take care of his personal hygiene.

Me is just of the opinion that finding a subtle way to inform those concerned would have been a lot better than this. Not like I'm comfortable with poor personal hygiene but did she really have to broadcast this? Really? What's the goal? How on earth wouldn't those involved feel embarrassed and maybe bitter? She might have even mentioned the persons she met to one or two persons here. I think telling them personally and privately would have been more effective and less controversial. Just my thoughts...
Cc IrishCream

3 Likes

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Classicalmusic: 9:17pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:
Hello Romancelanders I want to narrate my experience with online dating.

Have always been sceptical about online dating but decided to give it a try after a one year break of dating. I opted out of my previous affair because my ex's family was against him marrying from my tribe so had to end the shiiit, and i gave myself a break since he was acting so indecisive about the whole thing. Now my experience...

I am one of the few nairaland babes that do respond to pm especially if your contribution to this forum has been matured and reasonable irrespective of the section you frequent.

So of all the pms I do have, I sieve and respond to few but so far I'm not impressed with the calibre of men searching online.

After taking risk to exchange my contact and get to meet (in chaperone oh) few of them,about 3, I found out that most men searching online has something terrible about them that makes ladies turn them down in real life that's why they run to online; it is either they are unkempt, razz or not presentable. Some can't even talk like a real man, they are either too weak or timid in real life, no class no nothing.

Forget all those edited pictures used as dp and the likes most of them in real life are dirty!!!

How can a grown up guy don't know how to clean up and look neat. I mean why must your personal hygiene be zero You're meeting someone for the first time and your mouth oozes. I mean, who does that Or is that also attributed to poverty?

I have male cousins that earn less than 50k in a month but they still look neat and presentable.

Is there someone that has experienced the same, be it with male or female?

Or am I alone in this
Haha. I'm so glad that you're disappointed in him. You can't meet guys like us because you're a mediocre. I wish I could give you some tips on how to get a nice guy here but I can't.
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
carefreewannabe:

If I find a guy unattractive or even disgusting, then it does NOT matter what he thinks of me AT ALL.

And I am sure that she was the one who turned them down for the reasons she mentioned.

I'm trying to give your logic a pass, but it refuses to pass by itself, even with my nudge and urging. How do you mean it does NOT matter AT ALL? Better explanation required, cos there's no logic there.
If you find a guy unattractive, it does matter how he also finds you. You might intend to not follow through with the relationship, and he might have the exact same intentions. I have met ladies who I could perceive didn't agree with some of my views (in a conversation, that is) from the start. And I also didn't agree with their own views. Right there and then, it didn't even matter to me whether we'll continue discussing. Cos I could already see myself not getting along with them. In some other instances, I have in fact completely stopped communicating with them when I saw the differences in views. It didn't matter if they had exact same intentions. Extend the same to perception of physical qualities or attributes and the guy might as well have given up long before the lady did. Trust me, some ladies who claim posh are in fact nothing but disgusting underneath.

Back to the topic, is online dating risky? Yes, it is.
Is online dating risky? I would say even riskier. You don't see the person to start with, and there's no reason you should encourage liking him or her. If anything, the approach she took is much better. They met each other and things decided itself from there. At that moment, it stopped being online dating.

Do all guys who search for women online, have no chance in real life? No, but many.
Of course, it's true. I agree.

Because it is. grin wink
Thought as much smiley
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
HFOG:

Me is just of the opinion that finding a subtle way to inform those concerned would have been a lot better than this. Not like I'm comfortable with poor personal hygiene but did she really have to broadcast this? Really? What's the goal? How on earth wouldn't those involved feel embarrassed and maybe bitter? She might have even mentioned the persons she met to one or two persons here. I think telling them personally and privately would have been more effective and less controversial. Just my thoughts...
Cc IrishCream

Subtle does not work with men but I agree with the rest and I hope that she has not exposed anyone.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Classicalmusic: 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:

Have always been sceptical about online dating but decided to give it a try after a one year break of dating. I opted out of my previous affair because my ex's family was against him marrying from my tribe so had to end the shiiit, and i gave myself a break since he was acting so indecisive about the whole thing. Now my experience...

I am one of the few nairaland babes that do respond to pm especially if your contribution to this forum has been matured and reasonable irrespective of the section you frequent.

So of all the pms I do have, I sieve and respond to few but so far I'm not impressed with the calibre of men searching online.

After taking risk to exchange my contact and get to meet (in chaperone oh) few of them,about 3, I found out that most men searching online has something terrible about them that makes ladies turn them down in real life that's why they run to online; it is either they are unkempt, razz or not presentable. Some can't even talk like a real man, they are either too weak or timid in real life, no class no nothing.

Forget all those edited pictures used as dp and the likes most of them in real life are dirty!!!

How can a grown up guy don't know how to clean up and look neat. I mean why must your personal hygiene be zero You're meeting someone for the first time and your mouth oozes. I mean, who does that Or is that also attributed to poverty?

I have male cousins that earn less than 50k in a month but they still look neat and presentable.

Or am I alone in this
Haha. I'm so glad that you're disappointed in him. You can't meet guys like us because you're a mediocre. I wish I could give you some tips on how to get a nice guy here but I can't.

I haven't met anyone on Nairaland though.
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by duni04(m): 9:23pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ishilove:

Better facial hair than a stinking orifice. Jeez
Nah female facial hair is disgusting!
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by airex(m): 9:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:

Your personal text says it all so I won't argue much with you so now to the topic on ground how is your personal hygiene? I mean are you aware your mouth oozes
Is he one of d guys?
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by maxdozie(m): 9:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:

Or am I alone in this
U want a Clean man... An already Made man... Very Wealthy I pity You.. Dats why 40% of our 9ja girls dont get married ....... Mrs Op why not Support 1 of dem... show dem how to be Clean... Hmmm... Join in dia struggle and hustle... Give it a try

1 Like

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
goofyone:

I'm trying to give your logic a pass, but it refuses to pass by itself, even with my nudge and urging. How do you mean it does NOT matter AT ALL? Better explanation required, cos there's no logic there.
If you find a guy unattractive, it does matter how he also finds you. You might intend to not follow through with the relationship, and he might have the exact same intentions. I have met ladies who I could perceive didn't agree with some of my views (in a conversation, that is) from the start. And I also didn't agree with their own views. Right there and then, it didn't even matter to me whether we'll continue discussing. Cos I could already see myself not getting along with them. In some other instances, I have in fact completely stopped communicating with them when I saw the differences in views. It didn't matter if they had exact same intentions. Extend the same to perception of physical qualities or attributes and the guy might as well have given up long before the lady did. Trust me, some ladies who claim posh are in fact nothing but disgusting underneath.

Is online dating risky? I would say even riskier. You don't see the person to start with, and there's no reason you should encourage liking him or her. If anything, the approach she took is much better. They met each other and things decided itself from there. At that moment, it stopped being online dating.

Of course, it's true. I agree.

Thought as much smiley

If I find a guy unattractive for one reason or another, then it does not matter to me what he thinks of me. Whether he thinks that I am beautiful or ugly, cute or disgusting is absolutely irrelevant.

And she has not opened the thread to find out what the guys thought of her but to find out if other people had similar experience with online dating.

1 Like

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by tintingz(m): 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
ireneony:
you are so on point...
Most of them are very stingy
and you are?? undecided
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by HFOG(f): 9:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Subtle does not work with men but I agree with the rest and I hope that she has not exposed anyone.
Oh, thanks. What I meant by 'subtle' was 'gentle', 'careful' etc not to bruise their egos. I thought men feed on respect. Pls educate me
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:29pm On Jan 31, 2015
Lol they ain't all that bad! The ones I have met....are/ were super good looking....except just few lipsrsealed
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by passionate88: 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
lurex2rhyme:
op permit me 2 ask wer is ur ex from cuz is vry rare 4 any tribe be it majority or miniority dat will reject an akwa ibom gal 4 a daughter inlaw nt bcus of 4rm akwa ibom bt i hv my reasons n i travel alot so hv seen our daughter scattered all over nigeria in d name of marriage. who no wan chop beta meal.
It's not only about "better meals". I have a friend that married an Akwa Ibom girl, she's from Oron, when they were dating, she'd come to his house, sweep, wash cloths, cook, phock the guy head scatter... My friend's brother will always tell him "this girl na beta girl o, she go make u happy if u marry her"... They got married in 2012, the guy has grown grey hair, I'm now fatter than him, he rarely sleeps at home, she snores like a rhino, she hardly sweeps the house, expects him to bath the kids while she's still in bed, buys breakfast from mama put... My mom's friend that's from Akwa Ibom told me that even the guys from that girl's village hardly marry from there... This thing called marriage is just useless in this modern time.. People pretend just to get married after that they change.

God will help us o, even though we don't attend Church/Mosque regularly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
carefreewannabe:

If I find a guy unattractive for one reason or another, then it does not matter to me what he thinks of me. Whether he thinks that I am beautiful or ugly, cute or disgusting is absolutely irrelevant.

And she has not opened the thread to find out what the guys thought of her but to find out if other people had similar experience with online dating.

Yes, it doesn't matter to you. It also doesn't matter to him, if he thinks along the same line.
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by stainlex(m): 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
Your mailbox just died!!!

RIP Mailbox
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by tintingz(m): 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
[size=14pt]OP said the online guys she met are dirty and stinky.. who knows they might be acting "coming to America" movie.

Don't send the right man away[/size] cheesy grin
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by yungcyrus(m): 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
Vessi:
And if you are as good as you claim to be you would be getting better suitors offline than online.
God bless you.....if she is presentable why is she going for online hooking Well am glad I just read d diaries of a lonely ugly gurl.

1 Like

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2015
goofyone:

Yes, it doesn't matter to you. It also doesn't matter to him, if he thinks along the same line.

It doesn't matter that it doesn't matter. cheesy
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
edozie04:
some guys will be forming james bond online and be mr ibu in real life

Lolzzz...
I am too risk averse to try online dating.. make we finish the offline own 1st.
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by UnimkeAk(m): 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:
I found out that most men searching online has something terrible about them that makes ladies turn them down in real life that's why they run to online; it is either they are unkempt, razz or not presentable. Some can't even talk like a real man, they are either too weak or timid in real life, no class no nothing.

In this country? Unkempt , razz and unpresentable guys?

With the way everybody is packaging this days?
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
carefreewannabe:

It doesn't matter that it doesn't matter. cheesy
Park go left abeg grin
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:

Dear I over well oh... grin

Just that the way the guy attacked me shows he's guilty one way or the other wink
How much do you make? Mature girl...those guys were not impressed too.

You think we are impressed with ur wigs and painting? We just want to puuuu.
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Classicalmusic: 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:
Lol they ain't all that bad! The ones I have met....are/ were super good looking....except just few lipsrsealed
Because you knew what you really want. The OP sounds like one of those losers' girls cheesy
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
goofyone:

Park go left abeg grin

Does it matter that it doesn't matter? grin grin grin
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by AdeniyiA(m): 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
tintingz:
and you are?? undecided
a gold digger ... cool
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Tallesty1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:

I never said I'm perfect but anyone with zero personal hygiene is a big turn off irrespective of the good character, remember the saying "cleanliness is next to godliness"
SMH
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Tallesty1(m): 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:

I never said I'm perfect but anyone with zero personal hygiene is a big turn off irrespective of the good character, remember the saying "cleanliness is next to godliness"
So because you met 1, 2 or maybe 3 guys from nland that didn't meet your taste you automatically conclude that millions of guys that are searching for love online av zero personal hygiene

Check the attachment in this post.

No guy, not even a barrow pusher that is meeting a bae for the first time will appear the way you described them here. Not one.

They would rather borrow from friends than fall their own hands.

3 Likes

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Does it matter that it doesn't matter? grin grin grin

I no sabi English. This one don confuse me finally tongue
I really don't think it matters, I think...
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by AdeniyiA(m): 9:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ariel20:

Lolzzz...
I am too risk averse to try online dating.. make we finish the offline own 1st.
Chu! shocked
you sure say the 'market' go still remain, ?
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Hmm
You were just unlucky. smiley
I have met few Nairalanders and they were cool.
Me too, cool and classy guys.

Maybe she wants to hit a nerve.
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by smartigo: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
Nothing is bad having preferences n what you can't tolerate. But let ask ourselves some salient questions.

What if that's the only or one of the few turn offs, can't you help? If she/he is a sibling, do you do away with them. Coming online sharing this hasn't helped if you didn't at least let them know even if you won't date them.

My only problem is how to tell them without hurting their feelings. I have a fren, she has it but she is a good n honest person. Do I stop being her fren becos of that?

Someone with odour because of bad hygiene can be addressed than someone with terrible stretch marks; it is about choices and what we can live with. The truth is,learn to convey ur opinion without hurting people's ego.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / This Brazilian Town Entirely Made Up Of Single Women Searching For Husbands / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Excited Lawyer And Her Engineer Fiance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.