Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

My Online Dating Experience. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Online Dating Experience. (37676 Views)

Your Worst Dating Experience / "Igbo Guys Are The Real Demons"- Girl Narrates Her Ugly Dating Experience / My Embarrassing Dating Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by dondo83(m): 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:
Hello Romancelanders I want to narrate my experience with online dating.

Have always been sceptical about online dating but decided to give it a try after a one year break of dating. I opted out of my previous affair becausej my ex's family was against him marrying from my tribe so had to end the shiiit, and i gave myself a break since he was acting so indecisive about the whole thing. Now my experience...

I am one of the few nairaland babes that do respond to pm especially if your contribution to this forum has been matured and reasonable irrespective of the section you frequent.

So of all the pms I do have, I sieve and respond to few but so far I'm not impressed with the calibre of men searching online.

After taking risk to exchange my contact and get to meet (in chaperone oh) few of them,about 3, I found out that most men searching online has something terrible about them that makes ladies turn them down in real life that's why they run to online; it is either they are unkempt, razz or not presentable. Some can't even talk like a real man, they are either too weak or timid in real life, no class no nothing.

Forget all those edited pictures used as dp and the likes most of them in real life are dirty!!!

How can a grown up guy don't know how to clean up and look neat. I mean why must your personal hygiene be zero You're meeting someone for the first time and your mouth oozes. I mean, who does that Or is that also attributed to poverty?

I have male cousins that earn less than 50k in a month but they still look neat and presentable.

Is there someone that has experienced the same, be it with male or female?

Or am I alone in this

Children Everywhere! What is wrong with Nairaland moderators. Nigerians will make an important decision in 2weeks on the future of our country and such irrelevant topics still gets to the front page. I'm loosing interest coming here these days ... mtcheeww
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by HFOG(f): 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
carefreewannabe:

If I find a guy unattractive for one reason or another, then it does not matter to me what he thinks of me. Whether he thinks that I am beautiful or ugly, cute or disgusting is absolutely irrelevant.

And she has not opened the thread to find out what the guys thought of her but to find out if other people had similar experience with online dating.

The world's a small place. What goes around comes around. Whatever happened to the golden rule? We'll be in the wrong at some point in our lives and we'll want to be treated/corrected with dignity and love. If really she didn't open this thread to spite anyone I think she could have found out what she wanted to without passing off as someone with a 'holier (cleaner) than thou' attitude. Now all she wanted to find out wouldn't be worth the misconception she'll get from this post ie if she gives a hoot, right? There's always a better way to do what we've got to do if we'll ponder more and react less spontaneously.

NB. I'm sorry pls for taking this out on you. You appear to have her ears. Me believe she'll more readily hear you out, ok? Sorry once more...me just feeling a little light (talky) tonight. Tks for your indulgence.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Rapzino: 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Hmm
You were just unlucky. smiley
I have met few Nairalanders and they were cool.
hehmm hehmm

1 Like

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
Classicalmusic:
Because you knew what you really want. The OP sounds like one of those losers' girls cheesy
That reminds me....I met one Nairalander that swept me off early last year! The Guy is sooooooo cute and fair like an half caste shocked shocked but he never revealed his handle to me angry

Nonsense! tongue
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by ifoundmyperfect: 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
Just your luck!
Not all of us are so unreal and un-hygienic
Dere are so of us you'd meet and get overwhelmed
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by iamord(m): 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:

Ok boss noted...now I know you're not inclusive wink apologies
from peoples quotes you can know those that are frosh and those that are smellos.
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
softysparky:

Me too, cool and classy guys.

Maybe she wants to hit a nerve.

Ok we already know you have met KK.

Next person! grin
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by whao: 9:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:

Or am I alone in this

Yes my dear, you re not in this alone... Let me tell you reasons why you girls complain a lot and what the real men observe on the dating sites too.

Every girl wants to be engaged by a serious man and dreams to get married to a responsible man. But what kind of man will want to marry a babe with status like: "liquids loadin" "Elegushi loadin" "movida on point“ "wine bar Abuja toh badt“ "6 bottles I gallant" "clubbing mode activated" "IrishCream" "champagne rain” "missing my bed tonite" "u knw urself#" "off to crystal lounge " "Am gonna party real hard 2nite" "Owerri, Benin, lagos,ph, Abuja, Asaba,Bayelsa on my mind " "painting Accra red" " ‪#‎ DoroNoLongTin‬"?
You wear skimpy cloths, almost naked, loud nails n 'paintings' you call makeups and you put them as your DP.
Pictures you took in different hotels, hotel bedrooms and bathrooms, "Alhaji thank you" "Baby thank you (as ur bf no get name)" "Senator god bless you" "Hon,your too much"
Take pix in different cars; are you a driver? Ipad 4, bold 5, Porsche as DP and your bf dey use curve 2. Brazilian hair, Romanian hair, Peruvian hair etc Who is fooling who?
You think those men are fools? You better have a rethink. No body wants to marry "Public donor". Maybe when you are 33 years you will change your status to "Church on ma mind" "I love Jesus" "Jesus saves" 35 years you start, "all men are evil" At 37 you no go miss any church service or crusade again by then u don expire comot for market.
Fresh adventurous babes full university dey roll out then beef go start.
You spend hours in your saloon gossiping about younger girls other married girls and how bad men are.
I know say many girls go vex but quoting this might save a frustrated depressed girl before its too late... have a good night people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by sam4(m): 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
Why are you exposing them?
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by tintingz(m): 9:46pm On Jan 31, 2015
AdeniyiA:

a gold digger ... cool
Lol... Indeed. smiley
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by passionate88: 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2015
nkemdi89:
Girl I know the guys here are going to bad mouth you don't worry even as some are reading your write up now they will put their hands across their mouth to check if they too have bad breath I know some also will check their armpits. Worry not its only the cowards looking for self denfense that will resort into abusing you as an escape route to defend their male ego.
You fat o angry

2 Likes

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by UnimkeAk(m): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2015
passionate88:
It's not only about "better meals". I have a friend that married an Akwa Ibom girl, she's from Oron, when they were dating, she'd come to his house, sweep, wash cloths, cook, phock the guy head scatter... My friend's brother will always tell him "this girl na beta girl o, she go make u happy if u marry her"... They got married in 2012, the guy has grown grey hair, I'm now fatter than him, he rarely sleeps at home, she snores like a rhino, she hardly sweeps the house, expects him to bath the kids while she's still in bed, buys breakfast from mama put... My mom's friend that's from Akwa Ibom told me that even the guys from that girl's village hardly marry from their... This thing called marriage is just useless in this modern time.. People pretend just to get married after that they change.[
/b]

God will help us o, even though we don't attend Church/Mosque regularly

True that.
I'm from Cross Rivers, northern parts " Obudu"
And we scared of Akwa Ibom and Calabar babes.
Cuz of stuffs we hear, true or not.

[b]*this isn't wat I wanted to type sef*
@Bolded, if a lady pretends and then we get married and she starts misbehaving, I talk to her and she doesn't change menh you are packing back to your fathers house period
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by ayokunlei(m): 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
Vessi:
And if you are as good as you claim to be you would be getting better suitors offline than online.

1,000, 000 likes for you. Very thoughtful of you!!!
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Acidosis(m): 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
But this OP can lie sha..

Are you an APC member?
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by ayokunlei(m): 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:

Dear I over well oh... grin

Just that the way the guy attacked me shows he's guilty one way or the other wink
your problem needs a lot of prayer.
May God deliver you o. You needed attention and u have been getting it.
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
HFOG:

The world's a small place. What goes around comes around. Whatever happened to the golden rule? We'll be in the wrong at some point in our lives and we'll want to be treated/corrected with dignity and love. If really she didn't open this thread to spite anyone I think she could have found out what she wanted to without passing off as someone with a 'holier (cleaner) than thou' attitude. Now all she wanted to find out wouldn't be worth the misconception she'll get from this post ie if she gives a hoot, right? There's always a better way to do what we've got to do if we'll ponder more and react less spontaneously.

NB. I'm sorry pls for taking this out on you. You appear to have her ears. Me believe she'll more readily hear you out, ok? Sorry once more...me just feeling a little light (talky) tonight. Tks for your indulgence.

True.

1 Like

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by passionate88: 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
brushstrokes:

sometimes i wonder if it is just an online personality (alter ego) or the every day trait you guys exhibit on this forum.
yea....i am expecting a caustic reply from you
Some posts are offensive, you might think you are just writing stuffs but others might find it offensive.. You might not find her post offensive, but some "guys" do..
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Classicalmusic: 9:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

That reminds me....I met one Nairalander that swept me off early last year! The Guy is sooooooo cute and fair like an half caste shocked shocked but he never revealed his handle to me angry

Nonsense! tongue
Lol, that's kind of a drama. You ought to have known his user name. And why didn't you hook up with him? Were you shy or something?
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:
Hello Romancelanders I want to narrate my experience with online dating.

Have always been sceptical about online dating but decided to give it a try after a one year break of dating. I opted out of my previous affair because my ex's family was against him marrying from my tribe so had to end the shiiit, and i gave myself a break since he was acting so indecisive about the whole thing. Now my experience...

I am one of the few nairaland babes that do respond to pm especially if your contribution to this forum has been matured and reasonable irrespective of the section you frequent.

So of all the pms I do have, I sieve and respond to few but so far I'm not impressed with the calibre of men searching online.

After taking risk to exchange my contact and get to meet (in chaperone oh) few of them,about 3, I found out that most men searching online has something terrible about them that makes ladies turn them down in real life that's why they run to online; it is either they are unkempt, razz or not presentable. Some can't even talk like a real man, they are either too weak or timid in real life, no class no nothing.

Forget all those edited pictures used as dp and the likes most of them in real life are dirty!!!

How can a grown up guy don't know how to clean up and look neat. I mean why must your personal hygiene be zero You're meeting someone for the first time and your mouth oozes. I mean, who does that Or is that also attributed to poverty?

I have male cousins that earn less than 50k in a month but they still look neat and presentable.

Or am I alone in this

I met a lady 2yrs ago and my God our first meeting shows how unkept some ladies are. Her mouth smells like dead rat and d perfume plus her body odour is not diff frm sock away. She did not shave the forest in her armpit. Only God knows the mangrove swamp that will be on her down party.

I am not saying am very neat but I am neat.

As it is for guys, so is it for girls.
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by franugo(m): 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
irishCream:

I never said I'm perfect but anyone with zero personal hygiene is a big turn off irrespective of the good character, remember the saying "cleanliness is next to godliness"

u said it urself., its just a saying n man cannot live on sayings...maybe d guy u met abruptly left his job 2 see u {u know say some pple still work on SAT e.g wheelbarrow pushersgrin so cut d guys some slack, k? Afterall u no eat free food n lick free icecreamtongue

gringrin

#jointhetruthclub
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2015
duni04:

This OP is a big joke!!! See her composition! Who are the hopeless guys on NL hooking up with someone like this Biko Persin wey no even sabi compose English? Are NL guys that desperate? OP is a nonsense mgbeke feeling funky. You've just exposed your own razness, in fact you're officially the razzest gal on NL now.
Don't mind her...I wonder what she did say during the proceedings. One of my friend like that....matured man. Nonsense!

You attract your type and you are not grateful.

Why do short ladies lambast short guys, ugly ones hate ugly guys, unlettered ones hit on their male counterparts and even poor ladies want rich guys?
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2015
AdeniyiA:

Chu! shocked
you sure say the 'market' go still remain, ?

Dem tell you sey I dey sell “market”??
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by duni04(m): 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2015
brushstrokes:

sometimes i wonder if it is just an online personality (alter ego) or the every day trait you guys exhibit on this forum.
yea....i am expecting a caustic reply from you
Wot did I do? I hate hypocrites and people that misyarn. If you live in a glass house don't dare throw stones. See the lousy OP that can't compose sentences calling other people razz! Very irritating! Hate it when razz gals start feeling funky with themselves, and hate people that indulge them.

2 Likes

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by HFOG(f): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
carefreewannabe:

True.
Tks Mrs. 'monosyllable'. Twas nice meeting you. Do have a refreshing night rest. Hope to get another opportunity to chat with you. Take care of you. Blessings.
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by bukatyne(f): 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2015
Wuuworld:
I just discovered why ur Ex G family said he will not marry u....The wife material in u is not even enough to sew handkerchief....my dear,itz not about ur tribe,itz about the content of ur character....u need to upgrade

What is wrong with her character?

Or are you privy to an info We don't have? One of her online dates perhaps?

1 Like

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by holysaint1(m): 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2015
nkemdi89:
Girl I know the guys here are going to bad mouth you don't worry even as some are reading your write up now they will put their hands across their mouth to check if they too have bad breath I know some also will check their armpits. Worry not its only the cowards looking for self denfense that will resort into abusing you as an escape route to defend their male ego.

if not for the fact dat 2mao is sunday... the kind comment weh i for stone give u nw ehh...

Seriously, i dunno wot gyals of dese daiz are feeling like ooo....
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by HFOG(f): 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2015
Acidosis:
But this OP can lie sha..

Are you an APC member?
You! Politics is the only language you speak now abi? Just hurry up and come back home
Re: My Online Dating Experience. by humilitypays(m): 10:02pm On Jan 31, 2015
Na wa o....terrible experience, but I believe you were unlucky shaa....besides, some ladies do sieve out the good guys out of their selfish desire to get the most perfect man. Who knows; you may have rejected some greater guys only to land in the hands of these nodowells....

My advice to people seeking for date on a public forum like nairaland- DON'T ALWAYS GO FOR THE MOST POPULAR MALE/FEMALE HANDLES WHO TYPE SWEET CALCULATED COMMENTS TO WIN E-ADMIRATION, which I think was your number one mistake from your first post- you said that you only reply to guys who make meaningful contributions and have made noticeable impact in a particular section of nairaland. This is a terrible mistake in your selection process, take note of that!

Don't you know that real people (guys and ladies) with desirable qualities will be busy with their career, business, academics, etc to be chit-chatting and commenting on every thread From my little knowledge, I think the best nairalanders don't always comment- they read more than they comment on threads; give it a try! Its usually lonely, idle, etc people that sleep online and on social media platforms to keep their lonely/idle minds busy. Take note of that and make corrections and try again with fresh hope.

Goodluck and thanks for sharing smiley

6 Likes

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
HFOG:

Tks Mrs. 'monosyllable'. Twas nice meeting you. Do have a refreshing night rest. Hope to get another opportunity to chat with you. Take care of you. Blessings.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am usually not so monosyllabic but since you spoke the truth, I had nothing to add. wink

Nice to meet you too. kiss

1 Like

Re: My Online Dating Experience. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Nonsense! tongue
He didn't find you all-encompassing. Almost the same thing happened to a lady last time...the oil worker never called her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This Brazilian Town Entirely Made Up Of Single Women Searching For Husbands / He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Excited Lawyer And Her Engineer Fiance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.