Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word (41724 Views)

This Governor Ambode's Handshake People Are Talking About / The Northerners Praise Rotimi Amaechi (Photo) / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by DukeNija(m): 8:45am On Jan 31, 2015
kITATITA:
I don't know if anybody noticed but I think Buhari speaks very good English but with a poor accent. He is also direct to the point and doesn't waste words; and not abusive.

Although i am a GEJ supporter, I agree with u 100%.
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 31, 2015
moderatorr1:
if buhari looses Amechi's political career is finished

AND IF BUHARI WINS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO AMECHI ?

ALL THESE PDP RATS ARE AS CLUELESS AS THEIR LEADER
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by LordMecuzy(m): 8:48am On Jan 31, 2015
Adminisher:

This is a small boy talking. Amaeachi that has built inroads into the north?. Under what conditions can he be finished in Nigerian politics?
Why don't you think?. A two term governor of a SS state who wants to be known nationally should be doing what he is doing. Amaechi is not in existence because of Jonathan and he is not in politics because of Jonathan. He actually had more stature than Jona and Obasanjo could have picked him the same way he picked Jona to be Yaradua's VP. Please let us think like intelligent people and leave sentiments. Everybody has mission in life and in politics.

You've Said it all
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Just20(f): 8:48am On Jan 31, 2015
Adminisher:

This is a small boy talking. Amaeachi that has built inroads into the north?. Under what conditions can he be finished in Nigerian politics?
Why don't you think?. A two term governor of a SS state who wants to be known nationally should be doing what he is doing. Amaechi is not in existence because of Jonathan and he is not in politics because of Jonathan. He actually had more stature than Jona and Obasanjo could have picked him the same way he picked Jona to be Yaradua's VP. Please let us think like intelligent people and leave sentiments. Everybody has mission in life and in politics.
we have seen Atiku o. A two-term Vice president, acquiring all the wealth but still jumping from pillar to post looking for power. Power means more to them than anything
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:50am On Jan 31, 2015
kITATITA:
I don't know if anybody noticed but I think Buhari speaks very good English but with a poor accent. He is also direct to the point and doesn't waste words; and not abusive.

I swear down.

I think in recent memory, the video above was my first time of seeing him speak.

He makes a LOT of sense in a few words. Looks like someone who would stand behind his words too - to the best of his ability.
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by jevic(m): 8:59am On Jan 31, 2015
Shoki things
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 31, 2015
Shoki reverse
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by dgr8truth(m): 9:08am On Jan 31, 2015
LastProphet:

Point of correction: there is no word as digitalized! I thought all pdp followers had certificates at least better than patience jonathan's

Bros there is a word as "digitalized" FYI in the sense I've used it is an adjective. Just as you can use learned, gated, un-leavened as an adjective so also you can use digitalized. In it original state it is a verb and I want to believe that you know that most verbs you can turn to adjective by adding 'ed' to the present form.

Please endeavour to check this url it may help www.thefreedictionary.com/digitalized

Having a certificate doesn't matter anymore, if a presidential hopeful and his party see no usefulness in it, though I have one.
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Orikinla(m): 9:31am On Jan 31, 2015
dgr8truth:
Broom mentality in action, in the voice of reno.

Those who have analogue brain find it difficult to compete with people who have digitalized brain.

Amechi, please better upgrade your brain and start looking for umbrella now because it will soon start to rain.
[size=18pt]
Who is Reno Omokri?
Reno who shakes whenever he sees me online and runs.
Reno that lives from the handouts of President Goodluck Jonathan and neglected his first love.

You support fake people, while the best performing governor in Nigeria is dancing the dance of victory.
Can you ever achieve what Rt.Hon. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi has achieved at his age in your life time?

Let me lecture you and you fellow PDP "MOFOS" on APC and the Symbolic Power and Popularity of the Traditional African Sweeping Broom

The hand holding a traditional African sweeping broom is central in the logo of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the main opposition party in Nigeria and currently the biggest and largest political party in Africa by the total population of the states under the leadership of the APC.

The symbolic logo of the APC is a green-white-blue background with a broom on the white background and a red base.
“Justice, Peace and Unity” is the motto with “Change” as its slogan. And the slogan has been resonating everywhere in Nigeria and making the APC the catalyst for change igniting and rejuvenating the spirit of patriotism among millions of Nigerians and galvanizing the youths for the revival of the Nigerian Dream for the nation building of a New Nigeria in the leadership of Africa.

A new broom sweeps well, but the old broom knows all the corners.
.~ Nigerian proverb

The APC has increased the power and popularity of the traditional African sweeping broom with makers of brooms thanking God and the APC for restoring the dignity of the native sweeping boom and making their trade to boom with thousands of broom stalls sold before APC rallies in every state in Nigeria and millions of sweeping brooms have been sold, because every member and supporter of the largest political party wants to have a broom to display at a rally.

We know that thousands of jobs have been created for makers of sweeping brooms since the All Progressives Congress (APC) made the traditional African sweeping broom, the most common household implement used for sweeping and cleaning homes and workplaces as the national symbol of the party. The broom is made in Nigeria and every household has a broom. But the umbrella, the symbol of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) is not made in Nigeria and only useful when it rains with little or no meaning in Nigerian culture.
The traditional African sweeping broom is made with fibers of palm fronds from palm trees or bamboo plants (including variety of raffia and coconut trees).

The Power and Symbol of the Broom in African, American and European Cultures

Used in the Holy Bible as mentioned by Jesus Christ

In the Gospel of Luke 15:8 "The Parable of the Lost Coin", the broom is mentioned: "Suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?"

Symbol of Victory

During World War II, American submarine crews would hoist a broom onto their boat's fore-truck when returning to port to indicate that they had "swept" the seas clean of enemy shipping.The tradition has been devalued in recent years by submarine crews who fly a broom simply when returning from their boat's shake-down cruise.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broom
Symbol of Family Unity

But perhaps the most symbolic use of the broom in many African and particularly Nigerian traditional setting is its typification of strength in unity.

My father told me a folktale (I believe, it could well have been a real story) of a man who, while on his deathbed, summoned his children on his side and asked each of them to pick a single broomstick. When they did, he requested them one after the other to break the stick they held. And they all did. He then asked each to take turn and break the bunch of broom, and none was able to break a broom bunch. He then said to them, “if you stand alone, you can easily be broken, but if you remain united, no one can break you”. That is why each stick of the broom is only a fragile piece of a vulnerable material. But when they are all tied together they are very strong and unbreakable. The weakest is only so because it stands alone from the bunch. ~ Chidi Oguamanam, Professor of Law, University of Ottawa: Follow @chidi_oguamanamhttp://saharareporters.com/2015/01/28/abuse-broom-chidi-oguamanam

Symbol for African American Wedding Tradition of Jumping the Broom

Clean Sweep:
An African American tradition dating to early slavery days, jumping the broom has become part of the wedding ceremony of the those who want to honor the tradition. Some say the ritual itself was created by our ancestors during slavery, an act symbolizing sweeping away the old and welcoming the new. The slaves could not legally marry, so they created their own rituals to honor their unions. The straws of the broom represents family, the handle represents the Almighty, and the ribbon represents the tie binds the couple. In some parts of Africa, ceremonial brooms are stills used to sweep away evil spirits. Hence, the name Clean Sweep!http://www.thumbtack.com/One-Of-A-Kind-Ceremonial-Wedding-Brooms-Inkster-MI/service/432761

Jumping the broom is about incorporating your past, and giving it a place of honor in your new life. Therefore combine it with your personality and style. It should be an uplifting and spiritual addition to any ceremony.http://www.african-weddings.com/wedding_broom_ceremony

The mass appeal of the sweeping broom has made the APC the popular party of the masses and they are flocking to rallies and following the mass movement for Change for the reformation and transformation of Nigeria and hoping for a new political administration that will put an end to their nightmares of widespread insecurity and poverty after 16 years under the PDP in Africa's most populous nation.

~ Ekenerengozi Michael Chima, Publisher/Editor of Nigerians Report Online, author of Children of Heaven, Sleepless Night, Scarlet Tears of London, Bye, Bye Mugabe, In the House of Dogs, The Prophet Lied, Diary of the Memory Keeper, Nollywood Mirror series, co-author and editor of The Language of True Love and co-author with Dr. Chika Christian Onu of the first published Nollywood screenplay Naked Beauty.
Dr. Chika Onu is multiple award winning Nigerian filmmaker and director of Living in Bondage 2, Glamour Girls, Peace Maker and over 50 other movies.

[/size]
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Borderless: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
winkYour take in one word?

Imbecility!
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by guttentag(m): 9:38am On Jan 31, 2015
I have not seen your GEJ president with umbrella since he started campaigning or is he already aware of the failure that awaits him coming Febuhari 2015

dgr8truth:
Broom mentality in action, in the voice of reno.

Those who have analogue brain find it difficult to compete with people who have digitalized brain.

Amechi, please better upgrade your brain and start looking for umbrella now because it will soon start to rain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by sampeyo: 9:38am On Jan 31, 2015
Amechi si the God father of fanaticism. He dace like an old harloT
Ashawo. The law will caught up with u after Feb 14 just wait and see
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by LaRoyalHighness(f): 9:39am On Jan 31, 2015
Local
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Yhemit(m): 9:42am On Jan 31, 2015
moderatorr1:
I dey tell u o
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Suljosh: 9:43am On Jan 31, 2015
Adminisher:

GOD bless you abundantly, you will never lack in your life, sudden death is not your potion and that of your family members Amen. You will succeed in everything you lay your hands on. Stray bullet is not your potion. Ritualist, kidnappers will not locate you. Go....and be the head not the tail, for you are highly favored by the lord Amen.
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by megautche: 9:43am On Jan 31, 2015
This may sound unpatriotic but it is the bitter truth and unless we tell ourselves this bitter truth we will not move forward as a nation. There are two options to salvage this so called country called Nigeria.
1. Divide this country into different federating states or country. Reasons 1. The northern part of Nigeria is a potential gun powder waiting to explode. The man in the north would easily start an ethnic cleansing of Igbo, Yoruba and other minority ethnic groups in that order if there is any unrest. Draw your mind back to the killings in northern Nigeria since 1966 to date. The northerners would not build a single house outside the north with the exception of a few northern elites who have houses in Lagos and Ph. How many northerners have houses in IMO,Enugu,etc. But the Igbo man buys and builds houses anywhere he settles in this so called country Nigeria. We have forgotten easily the case of abandoned properties in Nigeria where many Igbos lost their properties in Lagos, Ph and Kaduna to mention but a few. The Ikwerre man doesn't want to see an Igbo man in Ph or a Yoruba man. Yoruba doesn't like an Igbo man, the Hausa man hates an Igbo man and so on. The problem in Burundi where the Hutus and Tutsis where at each others for supremacy is still fresh in our minds. The cononial masters due to their greed and selfish reasons amalgamated two different major tribes to form a country so that they would lord over them is still fresh. The amalgamation of the north and south in Nigeria is another example of greed by our cononial masters. It is time to go our desperate ways through a peaceful process. For anyone thinking that Gov Amaechi would benefit from the govt of Buhari needs to think twice. He may just get personal benefit but for the Ikwerre nation to benefit is a zero. I look at Rochas and laugh because he thinks that with all the things he has done in the north that they will accept him is zero.

Option 2 Decentralization of power in the centre and empower the regions and States to form federations. Complete and total resource control of all natural resource. I tell you that if the oil exploration in the north were successful, we would have been hearing a different beat by now. How many dams do we have in the south to support dry season farming. Who says that the south cannot produce all the food being produced in the north. Just wait till the oil wells dry up and the price gets to near zero, the true Nigeria would emerge.
Thank you
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Orikinla(m): 9:47am On Jan 31, 2015
guttentag:
I have not seen your GEJ president with umbrella since he started campaigning or is he already aware of the failure that awaits him coming Febuhari 2015

[size=28pt]Don't mind the unpatriotic political opportunists using an imported umbrella made in China as their symbol with military colours while the sweeping broom is made in Nigeria and creating jobs and regular income for thousands of Nigerians. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by doopsy(f): 9:53am On Jan 31, 2015
omenka:
Ahhh..Shoki! grin

Or Snake in the Governor's Shadow. undecided

cheesy
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by dgr8truth(m): 10:08am On Jan 31, 2015
guttentag:

Why count your chicks when the eggs have not been hatched.

Those who have not experienced incarceration will not appreciate freedom.

If you want to know how it feels ask those who lived during Buhari first stint as HoS or better still get this movie "12 years a slave" and watch.

As for GEJ he has an umbrella already, so if he lost, humbly he will head to the classroom and continue with his profession.
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by agabusta: 10:09am On Jan 31, 2015
moderatorr1:

You guys irritate me. That someone is in opposition and not in govt is not the end of the world. A lot of people has been in opposition for so long. It is this kind of mentality that makes politics a 'do or die thing'.

Buhari's loss is very unlikely, and even at that, Amaechi based on his pedigree can be relevant both in and out of govt.
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by abysirius(m): 10:10am On Jan 31, 2015
TippyTop:

He danced for 5 mins but made a 1 min speech.
Actions they say speak louder... Speaking several mins trying to convince people is because u doubt ur personality urself.

Opo aroye o kuna'gbon, soki lobe oge!
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by kindnyce(m): 10:10am On Jan 31, 2015
moderatorr1:

AND THOU SHALL NOT LOOSE....

THEREFORE,FEBUHARI WILL NOT LOOSE.....AMAECHI WONT LOOSE!!!!!!
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by 2kris(m): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2015
If this guy old or broke him no go fyncheesycheesysmileywink
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Forwetinnah: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2015
Disabled
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Forwetinnah: 10:19am On Jan 31, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Buhari danced yesterday at Ibadan rally.

Watch Buhari danced at about 3 minutes after finishing his speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1auqwKszt4

Heavily doped guys..The only thing keeping these guys this active is the white powder they all snife together
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Gombs(m): 10:19am On Jan 31, 2015
gradeA:

Gombs my man, I hail you. Hope your pulling
through just fine.

Did you remain in abj?

Nope, I moved down south south. Pm me joor cheesy
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by stam101(m): 10:34am On Jan 31, 2015
moderatorr1:
wah do u know about career??
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by dgr8truth(m): 10:36am On Jan 31, 2015
vacuum cleaners
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by guttentag(m): 10:39am On Jan 31, 2015
dgr8truth:

Why count your chicks when the eggs have not been hatched.

Those who have not experienced incarceration will not appreciate freedom.

If you want to know how it feels ask those who lived during Buhari first stint as HoS or better still get this movie "12 years a slave" and watch.

As for GEJ he has an umbrella already, so if he lost, humbly he will head to the classroom and continue with his profession.

So GEJ knows that his main field of professionalism is in the Zoo, No wonder he is see you as an Animal and for your mind you get freedom, Is freedom Free?
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by CallMeBIRA(f): 10:46am On Jan 31, 2015
kITATITA:
This is the best comment so far,thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 31, 2015
moderatorr1:
and if buhari wins,jonathan will be hated,because Nigerians will know how he connived with NNPC to steal from us.
Re: Describe This Governor Amaechi's Photo In One Word by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 31, 2015
kITATITA:
Buhari's English is superb and his accent is ok, you think it's poor because you are Nigerian if you were a foreigner you will simply be amazed just like the way we are about Jamaican and Texan accents.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Returns To Nigeria On Sunday, Resumes Monday / Patience Jonathan Recovers Her Hotel From EFCC In Abuja / Naira Redesign: Banks’ Cash Withdrawal Limit Is Illegal – Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.