Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires (33995 Views)

Anambra State The Billionaires State And Highest OwnersOf Private Jets In Naija / Female Billionaires That Own Private Jets In Nigeria(photos) / The Billionaires Dangote, Femi Otedola, Jim Ovia At The Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 10:06am On Jan 31, 2015
Are you sure we're talking about the same person? Did you say He was a grandfather then? Are you talking about the owner of Leone star or the father to the owner?
blink182:
Late Chief Idisi was most likely a grand father in the 80's. there's no way he is old enough to call Idisi a young man. People old enough to call Idisi a young man are presently at least 80.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by creepsyme(f): 10:11am On Jan 31, 2015
I hate long threads!
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by FreeGlobe(f): 10:11am On Jan 31, 2015
ogorkojo:

Am am also from anioma. And Anioma is just a part of Delta. So it's wrong for d guy I quoted to refer to d whole of Delta as Biafra. Wetin concern Urhobo, okpe, Isoko, nd d rest with Biafra? U are Anioma nd u support Biafra, am Anioma and I don't support it.
so what do you support? Nigeria? Where in anioma are you from?
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by M4gunners: 10:18am On Jan 31, 2015
Raiders:
Delta "the big heart" State has lots of potential to be the richest and most powerful state in Nigeria. The only problem we have in Delta is poor leadership. We have had 2 of the worse governors in Nigeria history and I don't expect the next pdp governor to be any different because he was part of the previous governments. I hope the good people of Delta will be wise this time around in choosing their leaders in both local and state level. We really need change in my beloved state. God bless Delta State.
OKOWA is coming to set example. Forget PDP and APC matter here . Everybody knows very well an Igbo speaking person has never rule Delta State. Is only Urhobo people that has been ruling and the corrupt ones has to be them.Vote Okowa for governor Delta State. God bless Delta State and Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 31, 2015
aspirebig:

All these cannot be compared to oil base in Delta Ibori and his cousin Uduagha did nothing in the state. Imagine the Asaba Okpanam road is death trap,DLA road through Ibusa road is very bad,there is no constant light in Asaba,but issele Azagba a neighbouring town enjoys almost 23 hours in a day.
Just two weeks ago,I noticed that the street light that they normally put on in the night on the express way between Issele Azagba to old toll gate Asaba or before God is good motors park were not on,even a drive through Nnebisi road around 10pm everywhere was very dark. Except for some joints that had their generator on.
A trip to Ogwashi Uku in the night is something else,there is no light in the Polythenic town. Too bad. What are Deltans enjoying as an oil rich state.
Though Abraka has a better structure in the university compared to a decade ago.And the people are not asking questions,all these governors are not different from military rulers. You need to see how they and their entourage drive rough on our high ways with their hilux and Jeeps,they even hit the poor innocent citizens and run sometimes.
I did not see Okowa doing anything different in Delta state,what about our local goernment chairmen,do we hold them accountable? Even the councillors,they are only there to fill their pocket and not to serve the people.until we in Nigeria state asking questions about how our resources are spent by our public office holders,much will not be achieved. Our orientation must change for good.
Go to Ogun state see what Amosun has done,building roads,overhead bridges. One of such roads is going from Ojodu Berger to Sango through Agbado. Many upstairs were pulled down between Agbado and oke aro. Though some roads like Adiyan road,itoki,opeilu etc are still bad,but the man has done better than Gbenga Daniel.
Go to Uyo and see what Godwill has done,building a big state of the art stadium,roads,hospitals etc.

Uduagha is best governor on the paper because it was an arranged thing,but in reality,the likes of BRF of Lagos,Amosun of Ogun,Godswill Akpabio and former governor Peter Obi of Anambra has all done better than him. Even Osho of Edo,I am talking of places I have been to and know personally not based on what I read on paper.
delta has problem with leadership. I don't understand why edo, rivers, delta, awka ibom, ondo, abia and imo shouldn't be rubbing shoulders with lagos and abuja by now. Compared to the billions of naira they receive monthly. Nigeria has all it takes to be great but poor leadership is a major obstacle. If Nigerian can hold even their community coordinators, local government chairmen and representatives at state house of assembly as accountable as they hold their president then development will be even accountable cross Nigerian. Especially development at the grassroot and local government level. We only criticise the president and forget the local leaders in our communities. Until we take these local champions accountable and responsible for every lack of amenity in the villages, nigeria will not have wholesome development. The issues you mentioned aren't existent in delta state only. Nigeria entirely suffers same fate. Pathetic much!!!

2 Likes

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by concacid: 10:35am On Jan 31, 2015
You depict your name grin "CHRONICLE"
chronique:
Pls,you mind telling me how old He was at that time? I spent my childhood in the former Bendel state before it was divided into Delta and Edo and from the much I know,the owner of Leone star drilling was a young man as at that time. He was younger than most of the big boys in Sapele as at that time. When people like Victor Odebala and Omo Gaye were making waves,I think He was just coming up then. And when I say young chap,I do not mean He's my age mate. He was young when He went into oil exploration. My parents were working in the two first banks in Sapele then and that's how I got to know most of these people. We used to go for picnic at the Sapele athletic club. Dad was a manager at the Pontu branch,while mum worked at the Boyo road branch. By the way,how old is Edirin? I'd like to know what age bracket you classed me in. grin
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 31, 2015
chronique:
Are you sure we're talking about the same person? Did you say He was a grandfather then? Are you talking about the owner of Leone star or the father to the owner?
Lol, you see what I said earlier, your facts are not right. Lone star drilling is owned by Late Chief Humphrey idisi and he was the one running it in the 80's. His house in Sapele is very close to the first house of Chief Barr. Obule- another oil mogul. He is the one that held some white men hostage during the Abacha regime for trying to dupe him.

After he died, a struggle ensued between his 2 sons and wife over control of lone star-the multi billion drilling company. Currently Edirin is CEO of Lone star and he also just won the pdp ticket to represent ethiope east at the Federal house of Representatives.

There are so many rich oil moguls in Delta no one knows about. Everyone knows Ayiri because he's a noise maker, he can't even cough in the presence of people like Chief Ereyitomi. Things are happening in this state.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by CARRYyourYOUTHS: 10:48am On Jan 31, 2015
Raiders:
Delta "the big heart" State has lots of potential to be the richest and most powerful state in Nigeria. The only problem we have in Delta is poor leadership. We have had 2 of the worse governors in Nigeria history and I don't expect the next pdp governor to be any different because he was part of the previous governments. I hope the good people of Delta will be wise this time around in choosing their leaders in both local and state level. We really need change in my beloved state. God bless Delta State.
you are truly blessed ,you said the truth,Okowa with he wide mouth way he done set to swallow money.they be the same joor,Change PDP NIGerians,
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2015
I won't trade words with you. I was born in Lagos and spent my childhood in Bendel. Lived in Sapele for several years before my family finally relocated to Lagos in 1997. I never lived in that region,yet Dr Efeturi,Dr Patona and Dr Salubi were our family doctors? I never lived in that region,yet I lived in Omoraka estate close to Eternit estate(which is also owned my Omoraka)? I never lived in that region,but I lived in Inikoro estate(the one with blocks of 4 flats each along otite road;the second one on the same road,had only bungalows). I never lived there,yet I know about St Malachi,Okpe grammer school,Chude girls high school,Ziks grammar school,Ajogodo nursery and primary school,etc? I never lived in that region but we used to go shop at Kigho stores along Okpe road rd? I never lived in that region but I know where Nepa staff school in Ogorode rd is? I never lived in that region but I know Tima guest house along Ugbeyiyi rd like the back of my hand? I never lived in that region yet I know my way to the naval estate and the Nepa estate at Ugbeyiyi? I never lived in that region yet I know Okonmah gardens along Sapele-Warri road and had friends living there? I never lived in that region and I know del rosca motel(the popular motel on Okpe rd)? I never lived in Delta,yet Mitchelle farm used to package yellow garri in their yellow sack with their name written on it,and we used to buy frozen chicken(full one) from Mitchelle farms?I could go on and on and on. The only exception to your claim,would be if the person I actaully used to see as the owner of Leone star drilling then,was His son and not the owner himself. I already told you where I lived and where He lived. Maybe you should dispute that. I'm not here to argue about who had more money between Odebala and Him. All I did was to point out in my write-up,the popular people who had money as at that time. And if for any reason the owner of Leone star wasn't so popular to me,then He must have lived a kind of quiet life. And like you must have noticed in my piece,I couldn't piece His name together. I knew him more by His company name.

One more thing I'd advice you on,is this: learn to be civil in a public forum and stop insulting people. You would have been able to state your point without calling me a liar. And to think that you feel I never lived in that region,is just simply ridiculous. For your information,I didn't even spend too many years in Benin/Ekpoma where I come from;I lived most of my life in Sapele.
blink182:
You are a liar, you never lived in that region. You are telling what someone told you as if you were there.

Lone star is probably the first company in Nigeria to drill into oil well side ways, yes you heard me right, their rigs can frack and even before the birth of lone star drilling, Chief was a big oil worker. Victor was petty when Chief made money.

So Victor is older than Late Chief Humphrey Idisi, lol Eloh must see this nonsense. Omo Gaye had money in the 80's, when was he able to finish his filling station? To this day he has not completed the building in Gaye Petrol.

Please do not come online to say what you do not know hoping no one will be there to vet you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=atlwireles post=30289489][/quote]. I am from Delta,married to a lagosian. All the big names you mentioned like the dafinones,rewanes,okotie eboh,odogwus,etc had the opportunity to make delta one of the most beautiful states in Nigeria with their connection and influence,but because of their selfishness and greed'the state is no where near states like akwa ibom and cross rivers.

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 31, 2015
chronique:
I won't trade words with you. I was born in Lagos and spent my childhood in Bendel. Lived in Sapele for several years before my family finally relocated to Lagos in 1997. I never lived in that region,yet Dr Efeturi,Dr Patona and Dr Salubi were our family doctors? I never lived in that region,yet I lived in Omoraka estate close to Eternit estate(which is also owned my Omoraka)? I never lived in that region,but I lived in Inikoro estate(the one with blocks of 4 flats each along otite road;the second one on the same road,had only bungalows). I never lived there,yet I know about St Malachi,Okpe grammer school,Chude girls high school,Ziks grammar school,Ajogodo nursery and primary school,etc? I never lived in that region but we used to go shop at Kigho stores along Okpe road rd? I never lived in that region but I know where Nepa staff school in Ogorode rd is? I never lived in that region but I know Tima guest house along Ugbeyiyi rd like the back of my hand? I never lived in that region yet I know my way to the naval estate and the Nepa estate at Ugbeyiyi? I never lived in that region yet I know Okonmah gardens along Sapele-Warri road and had friends living there? I never lived in that region and I know del rosca motel(the popular motel on Okpe rd)? I never lived in Delta,yet Mitchelle farm used to package yellow garri in their yellow sack with their name written on it,and we used to buy frozen chicken(full one) from Mitchelle farms?I could go on and on and on. The only exception to your claim,would be if the person I actaully used to see as the owner of Leone star drilling then,was His son and not the owner himself. I already told you where I lived and where He lived. Maybe you should dispute that. I'm not here to argue about who had more money between Odebala and Him. All I did was to point out in my write-up,the popular people who had money as at that time. And if for any reason the owner of Leone star wasn't so popular to me,then He must have lived a kind of quiet life. And like you must have noticed in my piece,I couldn't piece His name together. I knew him more by His company name.

One more thing I'd advice you on,is this: learn to be civil in a public forum and stop insulting people. You would have been able to state your point without calling me a liar. And to think that you feel I never lived in that region,is just simply ridiculous. For your information,I didn't even spend too many years in Benin/Ekpoma where I come from;I lived most of my life in Sapele.
U did not mention Merit mixed sec sch. Was it not popular den?
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 31, 2015
[quote author=atlwireles post=30289489][/quote]. I am from Delta,married to a lagosian. I agree with you because,some of our relations whom were school dropouts that went back home now drive flashy cars and live in castles,just by doing contracts with those indegenious oil campanies;unbelievable!
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 11:01am On Jan 31, 2015
Merit mixed,excellence international,Davogah,st michael's,pisgah,international high school are relatively new as compared to the ones I mentioned. Moreover,they are all private schools. I wanted to point out the very popular old schools there to him.
ogorkojo:

U did not mention Merit mixed sec sch. Was it not popular den?

2 Likes

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by kuzee(m): 11:02am On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:
I'm not vexed when people from that area are making it from oil, its their birth right I'm just vexed when a prostitute from yoruba will own more than one oil well why the owners languis . Biafra must take place indeed and we'd block this wells. God has equipped each tribe, to the hausas he gave Nama(cow) their leader has 150 of them, yourbas he gave.. I've forgotten, Igbos he gave oil,business intellect,strength etc so y not go to ur tents o Isreal.
seconded.
those in support hit like

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 31, 2015
chronique:
Merit mixed,excellence international,Davogah,st michael's,pisgah,international high school are relatively new as compared to the ones I mentioned. Moreover,they are all private schools. I wanted to point out the very popular old schools there to him.
U b correct Sapele guy. U really knw d town

4 Likes

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by armadeo(m): 11:13am On Jan 31, 2015
klodike:
I must say this is the most senseless post i have read this year.

Its still early in the year. Tune in from 7th next month for a week and be dazzled by the mentality of our country men. On both sides if the divide.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2015
Seriously,I was pissed off when the other dude said I never lived in that region,but was narrating stories told to me. It is ridiculous. Dr Efeturi of St Thomas hospital on Okpe road was my Dad's friend for God's sake. You remember how that A.T&P clock used to notify the whole town when it clocks an hour? Not forgetting that man that started Opkobrisi nursey and primary school. He used to use that bicycle they use in selling beer then,that has a carrier in front,to take his students to school. Holy child,tender kiddies and international,were the big primary schools then.
ogorkojo:

U b correct Sapele guy. U really knw d town

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Mcleo007(m): 11:25am On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:
I'm not vexed when people from that area are making it from oil, its their birth right I'm just vexed when a prostitute from yoruba will own more than one oil well why the owners languis . Biafra must take place indeed and we'd block this wells. God has equipped each tribe, to the hausas he gave Nama(cow) their leader has 150 of them, yourbas he gave.. I've forgotten, Igbos he gave oil,business intellect,strength etc so y not go to ur tents o Isreal.

I wonder what you'd say were you to be a white man.. If you can be this hateful of other tribes you've had mingling with, what more would you say or do if you were of another race. Narcissistic Igbo mentality of yours in this age is quite common tho..

3 Likes

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by armadeo(m): 11:27am On Jan 31, 2015
Zeroid105:
Delta has the best potential to become number 1 destination for investors in Nigeria . This great potential is damaged mainly due to the negative attitudes of most of its youths and those who claim to be their leaders. E.g Why should a coy that wants to execute a project which would impact positively on the majority be asked to pay "Deve" or pack and go? It is pathetic. Deltans be wise!

This deve matter is terrible. The mentality if most youths there is to get deve and live from it. They are mentally and physically lazy. The sharp ones know what up though.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Acekidc4(m): 11:32am On Jan 31, 2015
runz:
How childish of you,people like you don't go far in life.I am an igbo man and this same yoruba people u talked about in d this manner are the same people who have given us the igbos an enabling environment to do our business in Lagos and all the other south western states.U should be ashamed for making such statement if truly u are an igbo man.

Tank u so much for dis Reply dat is so much filled wit wisdom!! GOD Bless u So Much!!

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by nwafuluozoh: 12:09pm On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:
grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by geezzzyy(m): 12:13pm On Jan 31, 2015
blink182:
You are a liar, you never lived in that region. You are telling what someone told you as if you were there.

Lone star is probably the first company in Nigeria to drill into oil well side ways, yes you heard me right, their rigs can frack and even before the birth of lone star drilling, Chief was a big oil worker. Victor was petty when Chief made money.

So Victor is older than Late Chief Humphrey Idisi, lol Eloh must see this nonsense. Omo Gaye had money in the 80's, when was he able to finish his filling station? To this day he has not completed the building in Gaye Petrol.

Please do not come online to say what you do not know hoping no one will be there to vet you.

Why the aggression?
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2015
geezzzyy:

Why the aggression?
I am writing and it is impossible to tell aggression.
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by IGBOSON1: 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Do igbos now owned the south-south? Which oil are you talking about? Have Nigeria even drill a drop of oil in Biafra? Don't be greedy like your Ojukwu. Mark out your landlocked territory very well this time, Don't make the same mistake over again.

^^^Do yourself a favor and shut up so you don't display your ignorance any further! I suppose you think Igboland is limited only to the territory your kinsfolk wickedly delineated for us in the South East!? And you ever heard of the oil fields of Egbema and Ndoni......not to talk of the ones in Imo, Anambra and Abia?

Same thing applies to your ignorant notion of Igboland being 'landlocked'!

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2015
I thought I was the only one who noticed it. Aside that,dude is far from civil in his approach,and very quick to throw insults around. I try as much as possible to avoid getting into online fights with people especially on issues that are this petty.
geezzzyy:

Why the aggression?
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by vodacom: 12:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
M4gunners:
OKOWA is coming to set example. Forget PDP and APC matter here . Everybody knows very well an Igbo speaking person has never rule Delta State. Is only Urhobo people that has been ruling and the corrupt ones has to be them.Vote Okowa for governor Delta State. God bless Delta State and Nigeria as a whole.
The old coca cola bottle n the new ones are not different except packing with the same content

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by demmie1: 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:

Who the hell is this butt wipe?
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by phransix147(m): 1:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:

So for ur mind SS and SE are one? I sorry for u... Declare ur biafra and watch us declare Niger Delta Republic... What similarity does Efik and Ibos have? Or Urhobo and Ibo, or Ijaw and Ibo? Better continue to dey learn ur business...

2 Likes

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by franconian: 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
hyfr:

Which part(s) of Igboland has/have crude oil?

The only Igbo oil I know of is palm oil....

#NigerDeltaIsNotIgboland!
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by dokyOloye: 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Do igbos now owned the south-south? Which oil are you talking about? Have Nigeria even drill a drop of oil in Biafra? Don't be greedy like your Ojukwu. Mark out your landlocked territory very well this time, Don't make the same mistake over again.
Travel n see bro,travelling is also part of education. Imo state has d largest inland oil deposit in Nigeria,Abia state also has a large deposit along d Ukwa axis.Oil has been discovered in Anambra too.

1 Like

Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by chronique(m): 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ibos,ijaws,urhobos,istekiris,binis,ishans,efiks,ibibios might not me exactly one but there is a higher probabilility of them living together peacefully. Don't forget that there are igbos in delta known as delta ibos. Apart from the many fights between the ijaws and the itsekiris from way back,I do not think we had so much problem then. Most of these fights then were usually around warri and patani where the itsekiris and ijaws are highly populated.
phransix147:

So for ur mind SS and SE are one? I sorry for u... Declare ur biafra and watch us declare Niger Delta Republic... What similarity does Efik and Ibos have? Or Urhobo and Ibo, or Ijaw and Ibo? Better continue to they learn ur business...
Re: Delta State And Its Home-Grown Billionaires by nkemdi89(f): 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2015
Most of our parents made mistake of leaving delta to other states especially lagos in those days, though it was favourable then until shagari government came in power, buhari government all in the name of curbing corruption blocked many avenue of employ ment opportunities. Most non indigenes were not privy to have civil service job also many deltans were affected by tribalsm now most are like strangers in our own land, having stayed long away from our state. Proudly deltan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Meets U.S. Lawmakers; Speaks On Nigerian Christians, Niger Delta / Buhari, Osinbajo & Udoma Scrutinising The Budget 2016 / Obadiah Mailafia ‘Profusely Apologised’, Playing To The Gallery – DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.