Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu (24205 Views)

Buhari, Tinubu Arrive Emir Of Borgu’s Palace / I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by Mogidi: 7:21am On Jan 31, 2015
A former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Friday said he sacrificed his presidential ambition for the All Progressives Congress candidate, Gen Muhammadu Buhari.

Tinubu stated this while addressing a crowd of APC supporters at the party’s presidential rally in Lagos.

He said Nigeria was facing an economic crisis and an internal war and needed a person with Buhari’s experience because of the General’s reputation of anti-corruption and military warfare.

Tinubu said, “People define patriotism as putting the country first but this is what the ‘Poverty Development Party’ refuses to understand. We chose Buhari not because Bola Tinubu is not interested in the Presidency. I am capable, competent, qualified, younger and richer but there comes a time that people must make sacrifices for their nation.

“I prayed that Nigeria would get better and we would not need a man like him (Buhari). But today, we are in a great crisis; we face a lot of challenges. When South Africa was in a great dilemma and was about to disintegrate, they called Nelson Mandela of 74 years old.

“He used his wisdom to save his country. When the United States was in economic depression, they called 73-year-old Ronald Reagan because he was frugal and incorruptible.

“When America was faced with depression and war, they called a retired General, Dwight Eisenhower, to rescue the country and the country was returned on a path of success. “When France was faced with war and economic depression, they called a retired General, Charles De Gaul, to rescue the country.

Tinubu added that whether Buhari presented a certificate or not, he was still qualified to rule the country.

“So what do we need now? Buhari. This is the time for us. General Buhari, whether you are qualified or not qualified, we are calling you to come and rescue us in Nigeria,” he said.

Also speaking at the rally, the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said President Goodluck Jonathan had done nothing for the people of the state despite the fact that the President got over 1.2 million votes from the state in 2011.

He said every project that the Federal Government was supposed to have assisted Lagos in executing had been frustrated by the Jonathan administration.

He, therefore, asked the people of the state to vote for the APC at all levels.

Buhari, who was the last person to speak at the rally, said the failure of the PDP-led Federal Government was unprecedented in the history of Nigeria.

Buhari said, “We all know what we have gone through in the past 16 years under the PDP. The APC has identified three core problems that must be tackled immediately. First is insecurity, two is the destruction of the economy and three is corruption.

“But whatever we have to do, we will have to secure Nigeria first. What is happening in the North-East where hundreds of people are being killed is unacceptable. We known that the Nigeria Police and the Nigerian Army are capable of bringing peace and stability into the country but they just need good leadership.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-sacrificed-my-presidential-ambition-for-buhari-tinubu/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by Mogidi: 7:21am On Jan 31, 2015
Thats why you gave us Buhari, hoping he dies in a few months abi?

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by Mogidi: 7:21am On Jan 31, 2015
After looting Lagos for nearly 15yrs he still thinks people in their right mind would allow him near the sit of power.

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by donphilopus: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2015
Mogidi:

You might even die before Buhari, who knows!

142 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by utytill(m): 7:25am On Jan 31, 2015
WE KNOW U WAN BI VP BY PROXY.UR PLAN NO GO WORK.OBJ U SEE UR LIFE?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by clevvermind(m): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2015
who would vote for you before? do you think we want criminal like you as president?

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by hyfr(m): 7:29am On Jan 31, 2015
My excerpts "" we choose buhari not because bola tinubu is not qualified, I am Younger,Richer,Competent,Qualified for the job"" if u don't know what tinubu means by this then you are doomed. This guy is a chess master,but Gej is the Chess Lord. Lords don't worry

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by SeverusSnape(m): 7:31am On Jan 31, 2015
HEHEHEHEHEHE....
I would have even preferred Tinubu to this blood thirsty Illiterate.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by nwafuluozoh: 7:33am On Jan 31, 2015
Laughable. Sacrifice ko? The fact is that Tinubu knows he's unsellable to Nigerians so he decided to loot by proxy by fielding Buhari. Unfortunately for him Buhari na bad market aka rotten fish.

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by Mogidi: 7:33am On Jan 31, 2015
donphilopus:

You might even die before Buhai, who knows!

Your postulation above only confirm lack of trust regarding your own health. It really does expose how unhealthy you feel, I mean, thinking you might die before a 73yr old geriatric exposes your lifestyle.

Am in tip top shape, have no age related diseases or terminal illness, thanks. If you love Buhari so much you want to die before him, by all means proceed.

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by hyfr(m): 7:34am On Jan 31, 2015
Mogidi:
yorubas are cunny and crafty I must say. He might even poison him if he doesn't die on time,just like Obj did yaradua

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by rozayx5(m): 7:35am On Jan 31, 2015
i wonder what he achieved as Governor, he takes all his medical trips to advanced countries

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by BlackBaron: 7:38am On Jan 31, 2015
One of the biggest pen robber. Lol

Maybe on planet Mars. This dude has no redeemable character.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by ojimbo(m): 7:38am On Jan 31, 2015
So every criminal has now become a saint and all needs a change

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by ichidodo: 7:40am On Jan 31, 2015
donphilopus:

You too might even die before me,him and Buhari combined...who knows?.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by pekeyim: 7:41am On Jan 31, 2015
We know your gimmicks..

Feel sorry for the gullible.

Facts about Buhari.

Buhari's retrenched over
#200,000 civil servants in 1984 that equates to the sack of over #415,000. Civil servants in present day Nigeria.

Buhari's policy led to the loss of over
2 million private sector jobs as @ 1984 which equates to over 4.2 millions jobs today.

History should be made a Compulsory subject in Secondary Schools, So We do not make the same mistakes out of ignorance or laziness.

This isn't "Change " This is Slavery.

#No to slavery
#No to Pharaoh
#No the Dictatorship.

Vote
#Continuity
#Teamtransformation
#Gender Empowerment
#GEJ!!

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by courage54(m): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2015
Sacrifice

1 Like

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by BokoHaramm: 7:42am On Jan 31, 2015
Tinubu has won the award for the best lie in 2015 before the year round up. Tinubu osee

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by donphilopus: 7:42am On Jan 31, 2015
Mogidi:

Your postulation above only confirm lack of trust regarding your own health. It really does expose how unhealthy you feel, I mean, thinking you might die before a 73yr old geriatric exposes your lifestyle.

Am in tip top shape, have no age related diseases or terminal illness, thanks. If you love Buhari so much you want to die before him, by all means proceed.

You clearly don't know what you're saying. I know of people who go to bed healthy and never wake up in the morning. Most of them are teens, in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s. They were never sick when they went to bed, but in the morning you're here they are no more.

27 Likes

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by BokoHaramm: 7:44am On Jan 31, 2015
donphilopus:

bot you will not die but you will be committed to a mental home after Failbuhari 14.

30 Likes

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 31, 2015
Mogidi:

it's people like you that get killed when hit by an ordinary bicycle. #deathdoesntcarewhetheryouarehealthyornot

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by donphilopus: 7:49am On Jan 31, 2015
BokoHaramm:
bot you will not die but you will be committed to a mental home after Failbuhari 14.

See painment. tongue Sorry o. You now see how one feels when you wish him death?!

13 Likes

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by donphilopus: 7:50am On Jan 31, 2015
eighTHREAD:
it's people like you that get killed when hit by an ordinary bicycle. #deathdoesntcarewhetheryouarehealthyornot

That's what the numbskull doesn't know.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by rozayx5(m): 7:50am On Jan 31, 2015
ojimbo:
So every criminal has now become a saint and all needs a change

na so we seeam, the agent of change has nothing to point to as his achievements

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by BokoHaramm: 7:52am On Jan 31, 2015
donphilopus:

See painment. tongue Sorry o. You now see how one feels when you wish him death?!
nobody wishes you death but we know that Yabaleft will be filled up after Failbuhari by APC e-rats. Boy get your bed now before the promo ends

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by donphilopus: 7:57am On Jan 31, 2015
[s]
BokoHaramm:
nobody wishes you death but we know that Yabaleft will be filled up after Failbuhari by APC e-rats. Boy get your bed now before the promo ends
[/s]

A beautiful balderdash from a discombobulated demented nitwit.

15 Likes

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by Mogidi: 7:59am On Jan 31, 2015
donphilopus:

You clearly don't know what you're saying. I know of people who go to bed healthy and never wake up in the morning. Most of them are teens, in their 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and 60s. They were never sick when they went to bed, but in the morning you're here they are no more.

People don't go to bed and just die, in Europe and America their would be an autopsy if someone suddenly dies, its unnatural. But anyone in his 70s is obviously in his twilight years, he expects to meet his maker. The average lifespan of a Nigerian is 60, no one expects to die at age 20.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by BokoHaramm: 8:02am On Jan 31, 2015
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

A beautiful balderdash from a discombobulated demented nitwit.
the symptons have started manifesting, it starts with cancellation of peoples work then making incoherent speech. Book your bed space now before Tinubu will use his money to buy up all those bed spaces remaining in Yabaleft, you saw his actions yesterday.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by phe44u(m): 8:02am On Jan 31, 2015
let him even sacrifice his life for Buhari , that does not change the price of gari in market.
mean while GEJ till 20-------19

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 31, 2015
Mogidi:
na you go die

4 Likes

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 31, 2015
Buhari said, “We all know what we have gone through in the past 16 years under the PDP. The APC has identified three core problems that must be tackled immediately. First is insecurity, two is the destruction of the economy and three is corruption.

“But whatever we have to do, we will have to secure Nigeria first. What is happening in the North-East where hundreds of people are being killed is unacceptable. We known that the Nigeria Police and the Nigerian Army are capable of bringing peace and stability into the country but they just need good leadership.”
The GÉneral is always on point, unlike the pdp that will always discuss Buhari this, Buhari that. No single mention of plans, achievement and policies despite being in power sine Feb 2010

9 Likes

Re: I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu by Mogidi: 8:10am On Jan 31, 2015
barcanista:
na you go die

You can join Buhari, have fun.

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Those Who Distorted 2016 Budget Will Be Severely Punished -President Buhari Vows / World Bank Predicts Sharp Fall In Nigeria’s GDP / Lagos APC Mocks Funke Akindele’s Nomination, Says PDP Is Unserious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.