Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Pellegrini Insists A Defeat In Saturday's Crunch Clash Against Leaders Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pellegrini Insists A Defeat In Saturday's Crunch Clash Against Leaders Chelsea (683 Views)

Ramsey Return Aaron Ramsey Set To Be Available For Arsenal’s Crunch Clash At Anf / See 24 Players' List For 2018 World Cup Qualifier Clash Against Algeria / "I Am 23, Not 40" - Victor Emenayo Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pellegrini Insists A Defeat In Saturday's Crunch Clash Against Leaders Chelsea by clemostika: 10:57am On Jan 31, 2015
London - Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini insists a defeat in Saturday's crunch clash against leaders Chelsea wouldn't be a fatal blow to the champions' chances of retaining the Premier League title.
Pellegrini's side already trail Chelsea by five points heading into the showdown at Stamford Bridge and a loss would leave them languishing eight points behind with 15 games to play.
But Pellegrini remembers how City, then managed by his predecessor Roberto Mancini, won the title in 2012 despite falling eight points behind Manchester United at a much later stage of the campaign.
He is convinced an equally dramatic fightback is possible even if the result goes against them in west London.

"I think it is a very important game but it is not the game that will decide the title because after that we have to play for 45 points more," Pellegrini said.
Re: Pellegrini Insists A Defeat In Saturday's Crunch Clash Against Leaders Chelsea by mayorsweet(m): 11:38am On Jan 31, 2015
clemostika:
London - Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini insists a defeat in Saturday's crunch clash against leaders Chelsea wouldn't be a fatal blow to the champions' chances of retaining the Premier League title.
Pellegrini's side already trail Chelsea by five points heading into the showdown at Stamford Bridge and a loss would leave them languishing eight points behind with 15 games to play.
But Pellegrini remembers how City, then managed by his predecessor Roberto Mancini, won the title in 2012 despite falling eight points behind Manchester United at a much later stage of the campaign.
He is convinced an equally dramatic fightback is possible even if the result goes against them in west London.

"I think it is a very important game but it is not the game that will decide the title because after that we have to play for 45 points more," Pellegrini said.
In a nutshell;
This could be the first day of the title race...or possibly the last...my prediction;Che 1 City 0...#Keep the blue flag flying high (KTBFFH)...I love Chelsea fc!
Re: Pellegrini Insists A Defeat In Saturday's Crunch Clash Against Leaders Chelsea by okpamson15(m): 11:52am On Jan 31, 2015
The blues wil top the league til they shak the trophy
Re: Pellegrini Insists A Defeat In Saturday's Crunch Clash Against Leaders Chelsea by fattybombom: 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2015
what's the time pls?
Re: Pellegrini Insists A Defeat In Saturday's Crunch Clash Against Leaders Chelsea by clemostika: 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
fattybombom:
what's the time pls?
18:30

(1) (Reply)

Make Millions In Sport / FIFA President, Joseph Sepp Blatter Resigns / Messi, Neymar And Ronaldo Leads Shortlist For European Award.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.