Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 (883029 Views)

Nigerian NAVY Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24 Enlistment.2016 / Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Shortlisted Candidates / Nigeria Airforce Direct Short Service Course Aspirants ( DSSC) 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (289) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Dwhyte(m): 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2017
Wiztonero:

I tell you sir. Me I even had one of the highest scores in their test last year and I scaled through the three interviews, but I was not taken because I could not get the money.

Keep sailing... You never can tell

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 10:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
This is for those who also applied for police recruitment. Just in case some are here.
Cadet constables to resume from 22 Feb to 3Mar at the centers closest to them.
Cadet inspectors to resume same time in Police College Ikeja.
Cadet ASPs to resume 27 Feb to 6 Mar at Police staff college Jos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 10:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
And for navy, no specific details yet. About 1500 names to report for final screening. Arrangements still on. That's all to report for now. Except...Onne may not host some or all the candidates. No specific info on that aspect.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2017
tenderlaw:
And for navy, no specific details yet. About 1500 names to report for final screening. Arrangements still on. That's all to report for now. Except...Onne may not host some or all the candidates. No specific info on that aspect.
Thanks for the update boss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by DirtyGold: 7:26am On Feb 18, 2017
tenderlaw:

Thanks for the info boss. The bolded sounds great but what wont be great is after inviting 1500 people, the navy end up inviting less than 100 people for training like the last set... that will be sad undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 8:22am On Feb 18, 2017
DirtyGold:

Thanks for the info boss. The bolded sounds great but what wont be great is after inviting 1500 people, the navy end up inviting less than 100 people for training like the last set... that will be sad undecided

Sadly, that is how it will be.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by DirtyGold: 8:48am On Feb 18, 2017
tenderlaw:

Sadly, that is how it will be.
cry cry cry
But..... erm.... I thought they were planning on taking more people this term?
Chai, diaris God o....
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 18, 2017
DirtyGold:

In Port Harcourt Centre, we where told by the Navy captain in charge that they will take 200 this year.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by kudos84: 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2017
The 200 would be the sum total of the midshipmen presently at onne, those ratings that would get branch commission and number of successful candidates that would succeed to their commissioning this year. So don't get it twisted, nigerian navy standard of commissioning of young officers remains the same.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2017
kudos84:
The 200 would be the sum total of the midshipmen presently at onne, those ratings that would get branch commission and number of successful candidates that would succeed to their commissioning this year. So don't get it twisted, nigerian navy standard of commissioning of young officers remains the same.
U are wrong. Midshipmen in onne are not upto 100. and they are not in d same place wit Trainee.. Dont post wat u dont know
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2017
The Nigeria Navy will take close to 200 this time around. Main list and supplementary list. So u guys should do ya best. Over 1300-1500 i.e 30-40 people per state will come for interview. The new Hostel for Cadet are close to completion. So every-tin is on track except otherwise state. Just work hard, Pray and keep disturbing oga at d top

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by kudos84: 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
pijay:

U are wrong. Midshipmen in onne are not upto 100. and they are not in d same place wit Trainee.. Dont post wat u dont know
ok then, lets see
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by DirtyGold: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
Heatup47:

In Port Harcourt Centre, we where told by the Navy captain in charge that they will take 200 this year.
Tiny hope dey grin
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
pijay:
The Nigeria Navy will take close to 200 this time around. Main list and supplementary list. So u guys should do ya best. Over 1300-1500 i.e 30-40 people per state will come for interview. The new Hostel for Cadet are close to completion. So every-tin is on track except otherwise state. Just work hard, Pray and keep disturbing oga at d top
Pijay, supplementary list? I very much doubt that. Let people not start hoping for what will never happen.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by dojnr4real: 4:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
Please Oga Pijay.. Reply my mail... Tnx
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]As una dey talk this thing sef, e come be like mission impossible for me,,, me done enter yaba market they sell cloth jare...make expectation no come turn person to dindinrin at the long run[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by wildchild1: 10:26am On Feb 20, 2017
DirtyGold:

Its slightly above 100...110 to be specific

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by wildchild1: 10:29am On Feb 20, 2017
pijay:

Good news ooo *dancing shoki* grin

I'm thinking they might wanna do like AirForce who had two batches. About 110 each, the 2nd batch just resumed training at NAF Base Kaduna
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tosinfresh(m): 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
Please this question is for knowledge sake and it is directed to boss tenderlaw pijay or any other officer already in service.
I've been to all the armed forces base, and I noticed that out of all, it is only the navy who wears Camo the less. They always prefer the purple outfit. What is the reason? Is it not in total circulation? The air force wears Camo even from the gate and when on convoy, army own na sure thing, but navy na this purple shaa! I have always noticed I just decided to ask today.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 10:50pm On Feb 20, 2017
tenderlaw:

Pijay, supplementary list? I very much doubt that. Let people not start hoping for what will never happen.
Ok Sir...
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 10:56pm On Feb 20, 2017
tosinfresh:
Please this question is for knowledge sake and it is directed to boss tenderlaw pijay or any other officer already in service.
I've been to all the armed forces base, and I noticed that out of all, it is only the navy who wears Camo the less. They always prefer the purple outfit. What is the reason? Is it not in total circulation? The air force wears Camo even from the gate and when on convoy, army own na sure thing, but navy na this purple shaa! I have always noticed I just decided to ask today.
Thanks
Which of the Navy base did u Visit? We dont have any Purple Uniform. We only hv Blue Rig, The 2 diff white and Camo too.
Navy camo is use only wen Necessary like in Operation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2017
wildchild1:

Good news ooo *dancing shoki* grin

I'm thinking they might wanna do like AirForce who had two batches. About 110 each, the 2nd batch just resumed training at NAF Base Kaduna
Exactly. U are on point.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 11:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
dojnr4real:
Please Oga Pijay.. Reply my mail... Tnx
Didnt see ya mail ooh. Resend...
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by pijay(m): 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
tosinfresh:
Thanks
Datz d Camo up dere..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tosinfresh(m): 5:22am On Feb 21, 2017
pijay:

Datz d Camo up dere..
I really appreciate. Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
pls who knows abt NDA recruitment DSSC for NAVY......i want to know wat is all about. Is it diffrent frm Navy Dss Recruitment...Am nt cleared abt it
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by wildchild1: 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2017
JIBOSKI437:
pls who knows abt NDA recruitment DSS for NAVY......i want to know wat is all about. Is it diffrent frm Navy Dss Recruitment...Am nt cleared abt it

NDA is more like military university (5 years), you get to choose the arm of the military you want to join in your 3rd/4th year.

DSSC is for graduates who are interested in the military
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Pinkieblue(f): 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello all.... Please is there any required or specified weight for the medicals
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by wildchild1: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
Pinkieblue:

lols dont think so
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Pinkieblue(f): 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
wildchild1:

lols dont think so
grin
wildchild1:

lols dont think so
Lol.. I was just curious
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by tenderlaw(m): 5:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
Pinkieblue:
Usually, there is no general weight for everybody. What they use is Body Mass Index. This is your weight (kg) divided by the square of your height in meters (m2). Normal is from 18.5-24.9
If yours is above this, you are obese or overweight. It may count against you when they're looking for ways to screen out peeps. Be properly guided.
Re: Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 by Pinkieblue(f): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
tenderlaw:

Usually, there is no general weight for everybody. What they use is Body Mass Index. This is your weight (kg) divided by the square of your height in meters (m2). Normal is from 18.5-24.9
If yours is above this, you are obese or overweight. It may count against you when they're looking for ways to screen out peeps. Be properly guided.

ok thanks.............. what if it is below 18.5

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (289) (Reply)

Access Bank Calling For Aptitude Test (entry-level) (2014) / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment / FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.