Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Water Damage Complaints And Tenant Access Failure - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Water Damage Complaints And Tenant Access Failure (793 Views)

Recovery Of Premises, Landlord And Tenant Relationship / Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? / Landlady And Tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Damage Complaints And Tenant Access Failure by gabbytabby: 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
About 6 weeks ago a new tenant complained about a significant water damage from the floor which he says has flooded a room. In the 6 weeks that he made the complaint my handyperson, the plumber and I have made several attempts at getting access and not been granted access. He has also promised to leave the keys for me twice and not done so.

I am concerned about a potential structural problem and safety issues but not sure what steps to take in such a situation.

Nairalanders your advice and experience will be appreciated.
Re: Water Damage Complaints And Tenant Access Failure by gabbytabby: 8:55am On Feb 01, 2015
After personally witnessing water from the tank that should last us up to 5 to 6 days disappear in hours. I have had to cut off the water supply and left this message for him. Tenant headache tire me oh

"In the past 6 weeks, you have been unable to provide access to deal with the water flood to your flat that you have reported.
I have witnessed significant water loss from the tank and been forced to take steps to protect personal safety to all and the structural integrity of the building.

I need to personally supervise the investigations and repairs so please make contact with the agent to confirm of the dates below when you would be able to provide the access"
Re: Water Damage Complaints And Tenant Access Failure by mufutau55(m): 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
gabbytabby:
After personally witnessing water from the tank that should last us up to 5 to 6 days disappear in hours. I have had to cut off the water supply and left this message for him. Tenant headache tire me oh

Good idea... now if he/she comes home and no water flow, he/she go call the Landlord... Just imagine that!
Forget about me as Landlord in Nigeria... but then it's the same all over the world; Tenant/Landlord relationship.

Hajji M.
Re: Water Damage Complaints And Tenant Access Failure by spyder880(m): 9:57pm On Feb 01, 2015
gabbytabby:

"In the past 6 weeks, you have been unable to provide access to deal with the water flood to your flat that you have reported.
I have witnessed significant water loss from the tank and been forced to take steps to protect personal safety to all and the structural integrity of the building.

I need to personally supervise the investigations and repairs so please make contact with the agent to confirm of the dates below when you would be able to provide the access"

Good decision to lock off the tap. Leave him a phone text message as well.
Re: Water Damage Complaints And Tenant Access Failure by gabbytabby: 11:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
spyder880:

Good decision to lock off the tap. Leave him a phone text message as well.

Thanks Ogaspyder the text message worked and he made contact hopefully we can get it done asap. He is currently out of state.
Re: Water Damage Complaints And Tenant Access Failure by gabbytabby: 8:17am On Feb 27, 2015
It finally got done yesterday.

(1) (Reply)

Tastefully & Newly Build 3bedroom Flat @ Agungi Before The Small Bridge / Any Available Land In Surulere / Urgent Pls..i Need A Beautifully Furnished Duplex In Ikoyi Or Lekki Pharse 1...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.