Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? (26741 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up / How Many Did You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 31, 2015
My ex best friend is really cracking me up. He has been 'styling' for the wife for a while now....

Just recently the wife had to travel to take care of some very important stuff.

After forming 'Super man' for about a week, he called me yesterday and said:

"Emma I just realized that I can't take care of myself.... this lady should hurry up and come back.."

I couldn't help but laugh...

So married dudes, is it same for you?

What are those things your wife helps out with that you think you can't do for yourself?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by orobs93(m): 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2015
I think some men stay outside their homes more than that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by esoboy875(m): 3:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
I can't stay because my wife is my back bone. Stayin witout her is lik punishing myself witout ar present. I pray 4 God to help me wit an understdin woman.

23 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2015
orobs93:
I think some men stay outside their homes more than that.

Yeah!

What about when the man is at home and the lady is not?

If you are married, I'd love to read your experience, if any.
Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
esoboy875:
I can't stay because my wife is my back bone. Stayin witout her is lik punishing myself witout ar present. I pray 4 God to help me wit an understdin woman.

Cool!

We all pray for that and hope to be as understanding as our wives.

5 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by esoboy875(m): 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2015
striktlymi:

Cool!

We all pray for that and hope to be as understanding as our wives.
Yes oh......................

3 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Mutuwa(m): 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2015
striktlymi:
My ex best friend is really cracking me up. He has been 'styling' for the wife for a while now....

Just recently the wife had to travel to take care of some very important stuff.

After forming 'Super man' for about a week, he called me yesterday and said:

"Emma I just realized that I can't take care of myself.... this lady should hurry up and come back.."

I couldn't help but laugh...

So married dudes, is it same for you?

What are those things your wife helps out with that you think you can't do for yourself?

All depends on how connected one is to his wyf.there are men that dnt give a hoot if the wyf is not home,infact its an opportunity to invite their concubine and side chics.
As for me,my wyf no de even move go the nearest state self,talk more of taking care of stuffs that are requisite.

5 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Mutuwa:

All depends on how connected one is to his wyf.there are men that dnt give a hoot if the wyf is not home,infact its an opportunity to invite their concubine and side chics.
As for me,my wyf no de even move go the nearest state self,talk more of taking care of stuffs that are requisite.

Lol!

True about the connection with the wife.

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by martyns303(m): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
Frankly He's just being lazy.

How was he surviving before he got married? After marriage he relinquished basic responsibilities such as cooking, cleaning etc solely to his wife

These are the reasons why a couple should do chores together. Cos she can be sick, pregnant, had a baby etc.
I hope he appreciates her more after coming to the realization.

Guys your wife/fiancee/GF is not a machine or a paid maid, if you can't do all those chores. How do you expect her to do them all alone and she's the weaker sex?

Here's a few tip on how i share chores.

1. Follow her to the market, am terrible at pricing things so I don't even bother, but I carry the bags, by watching, I now know how much a particular item should cost on average. I can now help ones a while with market, tho she always say they cheated me.

2. Am with her in the kitchen, I help dice okra, clean fresh fish, blend tomatoes etc. Now am a pro in cooking.

3. We clean together, Saturday being a major cleaning day.

4. I wash my own jean, and help with hers, while she washes all our clothes that require hand wash, she is very meticulous. Boxers, bedspread, towels etc goes to the washing machine.

Like my mom will tell us her male children, "men don't NEED respect, it is women who need it, between a man and a woman, the man will always be respected, he doesn't need what he already has"

285 Likes 52 Shares

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by shevon: 4:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
^^My brother, it goes beyond the house chores. What about the companionship?
I barely survived it the last time my wife traveled for 3 weeks. Those were the three roughest weeks in my life. It was so bad that people that I don't speak with in the office were forced to come and ask me "Hope there is no problem"
The truth be told, any man can stay without their wife for a period if only they will live long enough to tell the story.
But same can not be said for guys that have extracurricular activities with the reserve side chick's. Those ones can even survive a lifetime without their wives.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 31, 2015
martyns303:

How was he surviving before he got married? After marriage he relinquished basic responsibilities such as cooking, cleaning etc solely to his wife

These are the reasons why a couple should do chores together. Cos she can be sick, pregnant, had a baby etc.

Guys your wife/fiancee/GF is not a machine or a paid maid, if you can't do all those chores. How do you expect her to do them all alone and she's the weaker sex?

1. Follow her to the market, am terrible at pricing things so I don't even bother, but I carry the bags, by watching, I now know how much a particular item should cost on average. I can now help ones a while with market, tho she always say they cheated me.

2. Am with her in the kitchen, I help dice okra, clean fresh fish, blend tomatoes etc. Now am a pro in cooking.

4. I wash my own jean, and help with hers, while she washes all our clothes that require hand wash, she is very meticulous. Boxers, bedspread, towels etc goes to the washing machine.

Like my mom will tell us her male children, "men don't NEED respect, it is women who need it, between a man and a woman, the man will always be respected, he doesn't need what he already has"

Correct guy!

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by martyns303(m): 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
shevon:
^^My brother, it goes beyond the house chores. What about the companionship?
I barely survived it the last time my wife traveled for 3 weeks. Those were the three roughest weeks in my life. It was so bad that people that I don't speak with in the office were forced to come and ask me "Hope there is no problem"
The truth be told, any man can stay without their wife for a period if only they will live long enough to tell the story.
But same can not be said for guys that have extracurricular activities with the reserve side chick's. Those ones can even survive a lifetime without their wives.

I understand what you mean, but it is not the companionship he misses, it's his "maid".

His words:

40 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by veave(f): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Okay, I'm not married yet.

My dad is supposed to be a super macho man yeah?
When ever my mum travels...
First night: superman
In the morning: runny nose
Evening: head ache
Second day: fever don start oh...
Na so the poor woman go just run come back...
He will even wear her night gown sef...
I'm praying so hard for a love stronger than theirs...
Not just praying, shining my eyes too grin

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by DBestDoc(f): 10:01pm On Jan 31, 2015
martyns303:

Wow!
I'm impressed.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by eleojo23: 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
martyns303:

You have my respect. All these young men who think that doing all these stuff makes them less manly, need reorientation.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by mumumugu(m): 11:40pm On Jan 31, 2015
As long as i got a side chick. I can survive a year without her

3 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by mumumugu(m): 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
martyns303:

picture or i donbelieve you

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Ewuro4: 12:07am On Feb 01, 2015
veave:
Okay, I'm not married yet.

My dad is supposed to be a super macho man yeah?
When ever my mum travels...
First night: superman
In the morning: runny nose
Evening: head ache
Second day: fever don start oh...
Na so the poor woman go just run come back...
He will even wear her night gown sef...
I'm praying so hard for a love stronger than theirs...
Not just praying, shining my eyes too grin

Your Dad is my hubby's older version. grin

And I Love IT.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by veave(f): 1:19am On Feb 01, 2015
Ewuro4:

Your Dad is my hubby's older version. grin

And I Love IT.

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by cococandy(f): 2:41am On Feb 01, 2015
Depends on what you mean @OP

Some guys can take care of themselves perfectly but are not fine being alone even for a few days without the wife.

I had to cut short a holiday I took because DH was mounting pressure on me to come back even though he can do EVERYTHING for himself.

Men angry

8 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 01, 2015
martyns303:

This got me. Really nice, great point!

13 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 01, 2015
mumumugu:
As long as i got a side chick. I can survive a year without her
nekwa ha! woman wrapper tongue

7 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by LordReed(m): 9:54am On Feb 01, 2015
You can usually tell if my wife is away, I get lean. grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 01, 2015
LordReed:

grin

1 Like

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by veave(f): 10:34am On Feb 01, 2015
LordReed:

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by adorable29(f): 11:52am On Feb 01, 2015
Most men who have hidden agendas really don't mind. Infact, they insist their wives travel sef. There are some who work their transfers out of the State so they can be free to bask in the stupidity of their adulterous ways.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 01, 2015
adorable29:
Most men who have hidden agendas really don't mind. Infact, they insist their wives travel sef. There are some who work their transfers out of the State so they can be free to bask in the stupidity of their adulterous ways.

I agree!

Some husbands can be that terrible.

7 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Dejohnbull: 12:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
martyns303:

I hail u ooo, for me is no 2 alone
Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
lols
My husband can't stay. Not because he can't cook or take care of himself.
Basically, all he wants me to do is wake-up by his side, happy every morning. smiley

He won't even be able to eat because we have grown used to eating together over the years.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by Truckpusher(m): 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
Every man out there can survive a life time without a woman.

6 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by BlackPikiN(m): 12:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
What do you say about military men who are deployed or are separated from their family for a year or more?

4 Likes

Re: Husbands, Can You Survive A Week Without Your Wife? by naijaboiy: 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
My Daddy cant grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Married As A Virgin, Married For Love Yet..... / Child Abuse And Street Hawking In Nigeria. / Motherly Vs Fatherly Love/care, Who Among Them Cared More 4 You? See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.