Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Asians With Nappy Hair? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Asians With Nappy Hair? (55577 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asians With Nappy Hair? by Riskie(f): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2008
I came across this when I was looking for something. I thought it was odd and interesting. We perm our hair straight and they perm to get nappy afro hair. I never even knew it was possible to perm the hair and get that texture. It seems to be some kinda of trend in Korea.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by iice(f): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2008
Yeah i've seen a quite a few. They like the fro.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by SeanT21(f): 1:39am On Dec 29, 2008
It looks pretty!
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by tpia: 4:52am On Dec 29, 2008
They all seem like wigs, to me. If you notice, the eyebrows are a giveaway.

But look at this:

How to Make Straight Hair Into Afro Hair?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070915091717AA3rrkZ

interesting responses

How to Make Straight Hair Into an Afro

http://www.ehow.com/how_2272724_make-straight-hair-afro.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art

wouldnt be surprised if they're models. Koreans are big in the hair business.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by mamagee3(f): 1:20am On Jan 29, 2010
This has got to be the normal looking Asians I've seen in a while.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Kilode1: 3:43am On Feb 18, 2011
This thread kinda made my heart glad.

hmm, Maybe be can seize the hegemonic initiative and massively propagate our ideas, taste and worldview one day. . . cool
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by dominique(f): 4:58pm On Feb 19, 2011
^^^ undecided

those have got to be wigs.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by InkedNerd(f): 9:49pm On Feb 19, 2011
dominique:

^^^ undecided

those have got to be wigs.

No, their not wigs. There's a place here in New York that does that sorta thing as well. I had some Korean friends that used to rock that kinda thing a couple of years back. Its funny because generally, some black people hate their hair and here you have people who want to have that we as black people despise. Personally, I love my natural hair and I think its sad that many black men and women try to desperately to emulate Eurocentic ideas of beauty. Seems like that slave mentality never really left the minds of some black people.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by toytuns(f): 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2011
wow. i don't think this is a wig,
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by filnaija: 7:46am On Feb 26, 2011
I am an asian, and I have a straight long hair, but if I want to make my hair like afro, I can do it using my real hair. Most asians doesn't wear wigs, if we want to style our hair we use our real hair. We can cut it in any style, curl it, straighten it, color it and makes it very shiny, we can use hair iron and curling machine to curl and straighten our hair for a few minutes, then if we want to change it again we just wash our hair and dry it, then we can do another style,
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by InkedNerd(f): 8:05am On Feb 27, 2011
This may be a bit random but a lot of people don't realize that most Asian people don't have straight hair.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by filnaija: 8:24am On Feb 27, 2011
That is true actually, most Asians have wavy hair. Most Asians that have straight hair are Filipinos, Korean and Chinese.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by InkedNerd(f): 9:32am On Feb 27, 2011
filnaija:

That is true actually, most Asians have wavy hair. Most Asians that have straight hair are Filipinos, Korean and Chinese.

I remember having a discussion with a Korean friend of mine years ago and we talked about how people assume all Asians have straight hair. In fact, my mother's co-worker's son has curly hair. filnaija, are you Filipino?
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by filnaija: 10:21am On Feb 27, 2011
Yes, I'm a Filipino and married to a Nigerian, I was in your country a week a go for vacation. Anyway, I have a question, is that real hair wig, extention and weave-on, is it a good business in Nigeria?
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by filnaija: 10:26am On Feb 27, 2011
Inked_Nerd, are you from Enugu? Because my in-laws are from Enugu and we have properties over there.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by InkedNerd(f): 6:35pm On Feb 27, 2011
filnaija:

Yes, I'm a Filipino and married to a Nigerian, I was in your country a week a go for vacation. Anyway, I have a question, is that real hair wig, extention and weave-on, is it a good business in Nigeria?

Front what I've been reading, the hair industry in Nigeria seems to be booming. I don't live in Nigeria, so I don't know the specifics of that sort of business.

filnaija:

Inked_Nerd, are you from Enugu? Because my in-laws are from Enugu and we have properties over there.

Yes, I am from Enugu. That's where I was born.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by filnaija: 7:14pm On Feb 27, 2011
Oh ok, my husband was born in Nsuka but my in-law have a branch of Oando in Enugu Town. My husband is still in Naija because he wants to finish our house in Transekulo.

Anyway, I will supply a real hair wig in Lagos and Enugu, probably this week while my husband is still in Naija.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by InkedNerd(f): 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2011
filnaija:

Oh ok, my husband was born in Nsuka but my in-law have a branch of Oando in Enugu Town. My husband is still in Naija because he wants to finish our house in Transekulo.

Anyway, I will supply a real hair wig in Lagos and Enugu, probably this week while my husband is still in Naija.

That's sounds wonderful. Its nice that you want to have your own business in Iberian. I suggest you do some research on the hair care industry and the area where you'd like to start your business before you go through with anything.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by elia1217: 12:37am On Oct 27, 2011
Can someone please tell me how to get my hair like the guy at the tops!!!
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by kemmeye: 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2011
that guy is soo cute love his green eyes. i'd do him wink
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by InkedNerd(f): 4:07am On Oct 28, 2011
elia1217:

Can someone please tell me how to get my hair like the guy at the tops!!!

Hehehe, if you're black and have "nappy" hair then that should be no problem grin
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by firestar(f): 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2011
Wow.
I hope they don't get tangles in those!
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by InkedNerd(f): 1:27am On Nov 08, 2011
firestar:

Wow.
I hope they don't get tangles in those!

Of course they'll get tangles. It's processed hair made to look nappy so there's bound to be tangles.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by mikezhe: 5:11am On Nov 12, 2011
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2011
Funny enough I don't like my hair too relaxed. It becomes flat and volumeless. I love it when I can feel the entire circumference of my afro.

Just love my hair! kiss
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
first of all it's not "nappy".

its kinky.

second you can find such people all over the pacific especially samoans. smiley

[img]http://4.bp..com/__3wvtv3rTT0/SqP2lNbOQ8I/AAAAAAAAAYU/u2UKJUdBJdQ/s400/Samoa%2520girl.jpg[/img]

[img]http://damontucker.files./2011/05/kahele_vernon_large.jpg?w=468[/img]

some folks argue that their hair is like that because of some black admixture which may be true
seeing as how some pacific islands are inhabited by black people.

perhaps that is why samoans esp. in the west coast hang out with and consider themselves African Americans.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2012
lol yh...these ppl are DEFINITELY blasians!!! grin grin grin grin

Somoan
[img]http://2.bp..com/_nOqd_R3_SCg/TTzrg5G0IoI/AAAAAAAAAw4/veMJb9vIOLU/s1600/Troy-Polamalu.jpg[/img]

Fijan

(posting old pictures to show these traits are NOT new)
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2012
apparently once upon a time, the stiffer the hair the better looking the man and esp. the woman was...

Fijan Bride.

"Fijian Types of Beauty".

This 'triangulate' hairstyle was in favour with both sexes in the early 20th Century. It replaced close-cropped hair for women and various ornate styles for men in the 19th Century, and was in turn replaced by the 'afro' style as in the picture of the young woman and man combing their hair.
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
Two Samoan women

Fijan woman

her facial features are Asian but that hair...African to the core! grin
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 11, 2012
Present day Samoan (with Omarion's kid brother Orion...see hair similarity).

tribal samoa logo

Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2012
these ppl are proud of their "nappy hair"...

i love that. kiss
Re: Asians With Nappy Hair? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
Polynesians

[img]http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/etexts/Bes01Maor/Bes01Maor002a(h280).jpg[/img]

lol even Korea's old prime minister Lee Myung Bak attempted the look! grin
[img]http://afroetic.files./2011/12/lee-myung-bak-old-pic-afro.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Side Effects Of Dudu Osun / I Need Body Cream For My Children / Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.