Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid (30226 Views)

7 Governors Implicated In Anti-magu’s Plot To Stop The Senate Confirmation / Lawyers In Anti-DSS Protest In Abuja Over Judges Arrest (photos) / An Encounter With Anti-Boko Haram Female Fighters (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by slimfit1(m): 11:17pm On Jan 31, 2015
Giant of Africa can't even protect herself big shame. The Nigerian military are a big shame seriously and I'm disgusted to here that.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by kheart(m): 11:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
Cmon chad is daring a whole so call giant of Africa. No con3 is allowed to invade another s territory without permission in intl law.

This is applicable to smaller nations (less developed) though, too bad gej has dampened our military strength into d gutters.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by wordcat(m): 11:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
ferdimako:

Which consent? Go and get it from the PDP rally. It is because you don't live in the affected areas.

Go and sleep boy and don't quote me again.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by wordcat(m): 11:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
babadee1:

My friend, if you know the current state of Nigeria's military right now you will weep bitterly. Nigeria cannot handle Boko Haram by itself that is just the simple truth. It has reached a point where if nothing is done those guys are getting ready to overrun neighbouring countries as well, hence the need for a multinational force to intervene.
There is no need for consent specifically as long as there is an understanding between the countries involved.

What type of understand are you talking about please
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by nkemdi89(f): 11:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
saxywale:
very soon, their fighter jets would fly above abuja in their search for boko haram. We can as well scrap the Nigerian army since they are now useless.
Be mindfull of what you say on social forum
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
[size=28pt]This our govt has finished Nigeria !

So Chad has annexed a part of Nigeria `and our govt has done nothing.

First PDP Head of State Thief O (Obasanjo) gave away our Bakassi to Cameroun. Now another PDP president Badluck E. Jonathan is allowing Chad to annex parts of the North.[/size]

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by agabaI23(m): 11:23pm On Jan 31, 2015
doctokwus:

Is patently illegal and in saner climes with a president that knows his left from his right,enough to spark a diplomatic crisis with even the risk of military confrontation.
How dare u invade another country's airspace talkless of carrying out military operations in it.But a situation where u have a president that is as clueless as his face,its going to go down without even a whimper from the Nigerian govt.
He has so neglected Nigerian military in preference to touts like asari and tompolo that even ordinary chad that should be seeking military and financial assistance from us has turned us to a laughing stock.

Yea, jumping at anything to deride the president. I don't know if you read the portion of the article that talked about a multinational force to tackle bokoharam. You think that Chad will fly into Nigerian airspace without permission? When it seems like some event will be a good reason to deride GEJ, all reasonings fly through the window so that you can subdue your conscience to believe a lie.

2 Likes

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by otokx(m): 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
The other time Nigerian soldiers did a "tactical maneuver" into Cameroon they were disarmed and then camped pending when they were released to return back. That Chad military or any other is allowed to operate freely inside Nigeria indicates the transformation that our military has undergone.

Does the National Assembly not have any say in this matter?
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by otokx(m): 11:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Can a multinational force operate in Nigeria without the express consent of the National Assembly?

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by luvprince4real(m): 11:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
Advertico:
is this even legal?
I remember there was dis agreement reach in paris france which give right to any of d country's (cameroun, niger, chad and nigeria) millitary to cross boundaries during battle against d boko harram insurgents.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
This is your last warning Chad!

We appreciate your war on terror and the neighbourly track down of the notorious boko haram sect but in subsequent raids do not enter the Nigerian air space.

I repeat, do not bomb a Nigerian town.

Over!

The General.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by babadee1(m): 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
wordcat:

What type of understand are you talking about please

The Boko Haram matter is no longer just a Nigerian affair, it is now an international issue.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Godiloveu(f): 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2015
wordcat:

The most annoying part is that some guys here are even hailing Chadian forces for this illegal operation.

wordcat! annoying to u or to whom?
we re talking abt protection of d life of d ordinary n arms- less Nigerians at d mercy of boko boys, while election is around d corner, n u re typing rubbish.

go visiting now, n c how is feels to live in dat area.

Tombs up Chad
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
Let us all do the needful by praying for our army & peace for the nation,...am tired of seeing different series of insult,..please let us have place in our heart to love one another,..naija will always be great
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Emmanuel602(m): 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
Redoil:
Forging/faking certificate to aspire to the highest position with threat of violence if rejected is now a serious business in nigeria.
Methink people whose first names ended in U should be allow to go scot free whenever they are caught.
Riddles
what is common among salisu buhari mohamedu buhari tinubu ahmead buhari and another buhari .
Send ur answer to APC cyber clonning centre
at www.buhari/osibanjo.com and win urself a poosh car.

You must not politicise every thing now
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Ifetex(m): 11:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
Pls anyone that says Chad has don bad, let BH kill him/her and his family idiots ...you can't fight ur enemies that kills u without mercy and u won't allow someone to fight 4 u ?omg
some coment here makes me feel sick

3 Likes

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by chaberry(m): 11:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
doctokwus:

Is patently illegal and in saner climes with a president that knows his left from his right,enough to spark a diplomatic crisis with even the risk of military confrontation.
How dare u invade another country's airspace talkless of carrying out military operations in it.But a situation where u have a president that is as clueless as his face,its going to go down without even a whimper from the Nigerian govt.
He has so neglected Nigerian military in preference to touts like asari and tompolo that even ordinary chad that should be seeking military and financial assistance from us has turned us to a laughing stock.
You are wrong, the two countries are fighting one enemy and the destruction of the enemy should be the priority right now, after all it have taken the Nigerian millitary several years and yet they have been unable to end the insurgency
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Emmanuel602(m): 11:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
It's a welcome development since the almighty giant of Africa have proven to be not better equipped for the task...if possible, I'm even suggesting the Chadian soldiers enter Nigerian territory
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by vislabraye(m): 11:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
I support Chadian Airforce on this one. The politics in the military is too much.
They are using this BH to chop money.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by shigoslim(m): 11:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
U ppl are idiots and i dont blame because majority of u don't have brother in Nig Army that why u ar ridicule Nig Army. If nigera army is useless why has bokoharram not overran the three affected state because i dont expect us having governor those affected state. U ppl should stop all this propaganda for once because political point.

U ppl are coward for ridiculed nigeria army, if u think u are fed up pls kindly pick nigeria army form and enroll . Coward will always behave alike mumu ppl who can't see anything good in this country.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by Litmus: 11:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Deleted
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by kingslly(m): 12:00am On Feb 01, 2015
Its legal.Our government is collaborating with d Chad and Camerounian Government to fight Boko haram
Advertico:
is this even legal?

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by notoriousbabe: 12:07am On Feb 01, 2015
Bimbo Ajinibi wrote:

I finally made out time to watch the N5million per hour Anti-Buhari vitriolic documentary being aired on AIT and NTA last night. I have seen propaganda before, but never seen such irresponsible and divisive documentary of the highest order. President Goodluck Jonathan and his team condescended so low and threw human dignity to dogs; decorum flew out of the window.

After peddling all sorts of lies, rumours and unfounded propaganda and still nothing else to say to complete and justify the 1 hour N5million prime time “documentlies”, they now moved to attacking General Muhammad Buhari’s family. Why the hatred? What was the offence of Late Mrs Buhari and the late daughter being discussed in the sad documentary?

There is something morbid about GEJ campaign team. Its either they are talking about GMB dying soon or about his late wife or late daughter. They just love talking about death. Why?

If you are reading my message and you are either a parent or one wishing to become a parent one day, I pray that may you not experience death of your child/children...talkless of being taunted and mocked!

Muhammad Buhari’s first daughter Zulai passed away after delivering a baby. Zulai Buhari, who was 40 died from sickle cell anaemia. Buhari lost a lovely daughter to death on November 29, 2012 after battling with sickle cell anaemia for 40 years! This is what Goodluck Jonathan and PDP has turned to campaign theme! Mocking the death of Buhari’s daughter.

Not yet done with morbidity, they moved to talk about Buhari’s late wife who died in 2006. The documentary mentioned how he divorced his late wife and some other beer parlour gist.

Is this the sort of campaign we should be getting from an incumbent President when economy is collapsing and exchange rate is now out of control with $1 at N207?

Again, Muhammad Buhari has never referred or attack President Jonathan’s family. He has never said Dame is barren, he has never said GEJ has children out of wedlock; he has never blamed GEJ for bad drinking habit. He only concentrates on issue based campaign!
Let campaign be issue based and enough of attacking Buhari’s family.

MAY HER DEATH HUNT THOSE (PDP AGENTS) THAT MOCK HER IN DEATH.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by sevule(m): 12:13am On Feb 01, 2015
This is completely SHAMEFUL and the height of FOLLY! So we now have to rely on CHAD to win the war against Boko Haram? Chad fighter jets can just waltz into Nigerian airspace and bomb Nigerian villages at will?? Is this what the "giant" of Africa has become? A country too scared to deal with its own problems that it has to go to Chad? The same Chad that we have been giving AID to??
This is simply unbelievable!!!!

And to think that Jonathan asked for $1 billion to fortify our army. So the question now is where are the jets, tanks and weapons that were bought with the $1 billion? Or has the money gone to the same place that our $10 billion went? And before the money was approved I said in one of my posts on NL that nothing would come out of the $1 billion.

Spending
The CIA World Factbook estimates the military budget of Chad to be 4.2% of GDP as of 2006.[1]. Given the then GDP ($7.095 bln) of the country, military spending was estimated to be about $300 million. This estimate however dropped after the end of the Civil war in Chad (2005–2010) to 2.0%[6] as estimated by the World Bank for the year 2011. There aren't any more recent estimates available for 2012, 2013.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Chad

Looking at the above we can see that Chad spent only $300 million on their military in 2006 and Nigeria spent over $1 billion in 2006 and yet we DON'T HAVE FIGHTER JETS? Am i the only one that sees how LUDICROUS this situation is?

Year Dollars Spent % GDP
2007 $1,239,000,000 0.6%
2008 $1,741,000,000 0.8%
2009 $1,825,000,000 0.9%
2010 $2,143,000,000 1.0%
2011 $2,386,000,000 1.1%
2012 $2,100,000,000 1.0%
culled from http://militarybudget.org/nigeria/

Looking at the statistics in the past 4 years we have spent AT LEAST $10 billion on our military and yet we don't have fighter jets Yet we cannot equip our soldiers?? Yet we need Chad to come and bomb our villages?? $10 billion spent and nothing to show for it?

Our situation is like Bill Gates begging an unemployed graduate for $50!! And that is not even to talk about the violation of our sovereign territory as a nation! How can any right thinking Nigerian celebrate another country bombing our villages But this is what the current government in power has reduced us a nation to. A nation of beggars!

Isn't it the same Nigerian army that almost single-handedly ended the conflict in Liberia? In a saner climate the president and all the top military brass would all be in jail for criminal corruption!

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by iyb(m): 12:13am On Feb 01, 2015
our useless,senseless,dumb leaders have brought us to this point. Chad a war torn,hunger ridden country is helping us fight in our own country damn jonathan badluck is really the worst damn president we ever had
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by watchman111: 12:22am On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:

Are you for real?

Don't tell me that you're happy that another country is bombing your City without the approval of your country
and who says they didn't have permission..by the way,if you have lost a family member to BH,u will not parading about the net looking for ways to tarnish the I.age of the government,in the name of permission..
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by thaoriginator: 12:22am On Feb 01, 2015
shocked So, .............na chad dey rule Nigeria now? Ok, no wahala, wetin be our president name..?
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by watchman111: 12:23am On Feb 01, 2015
sevule:
This is completely SHAMEFUL and the height of FOLLY! So we now have to rely on CHAD to win the war against Boko Haram? Chad fighter jets can just waltz into Nigerian airspace and bomb Nigerian villages at will?? Is this what the "giant" of Africa has become? A country too scared to deal with its own problems that it has to go to Chad? The same Chad that we have been giving AID to??

And to think that Jonathan asked for $1 billion to fortify our army. So the question now is where are the jets, tanks and weapons that were bought with the $1 billion? Or has the money gone to the same place that our $10 billion went? And before the money was approved I said in one of my posts on NL that nothing would come out of the $1 billion.

Spending
The CIA World Factbook estimates the military budget of Chad to be 4.2% of GDP as of 2006.[1]. Given the then GDP ($7.095 bln) of the country, military spending was estimated to be about $300 million. This estimate however dropped after the end of the Civil war in Chad (2005–2010) to 2.0%[6] as estimated by the World Bank for the year 2011. There aren't any more recent estimates available for 2012, 2013.

Looking at the above we can see that Chad spent only $300 million on their military in 2006 and Nigeria spent over $1 billion in 2006 and yet we DON'T HAVE FIGHTER JETS? Am i the only one that sees how LUDICROUS this situation is?

Year Dollars Spent % GDP
2007 $1,239,000,000 0.6%
2008 $1,741,000,000 0.8%
2009 $1,825,000,000 0.9%
2010 $2,143,000,000 1.0%
2011 $2,386,000,000 1.1%
2012 $2,100,000,000 1.0%

Looking at the statistics in the past 4 years we have spent AT LEAST $10 billion on our military and yet we don't have fighter jets Yet we cannot equip our soldiers?? Yet we need Chad to come and bomb our villages?? $10 billion spent and nothing to show for it?

Our situation is like Bill Gates begging an unemployed graduate for $50!! And that is not even to talk about the violation of our sovereign territory as a nation! How can any right thinking Nigerian celebrate another country bombing our villages But this is what the current government in power has reduced us a nation to. A nation of beggars!

Isn't it the same Nigerian army that almost single-handedly ended the conflict in Liberia? In a saner climate the president and all the top military brass would all be in jail for criminal corruption!
mtchwwwwwwww.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by delvinmaya(m): 1:12am On Feb 01, 2015
I don't care if I get banned but I gotta say this; mumus plenty for nairaland. Reading some comments, I just smh cos we all brought this on our head and yet we find it easier to shout FG FG FG from the safety of our homes. Some people are even insulting the army, and yet they have never faced death before in their lives. Others are politicizing the issue like always, screaming GMB n GEJ like chickens that are about to be beheaded. For long we alienated ourselves from reality, after all, its happening in the north now y'all are screaming Chad did this, or Chad did that. Y'all are hypocrites. In fact all Nigerians, myself included are hypocrites and terrible people. Lacking patriotism, good will, honesty and integrity. We deserve what we have after all its our apathy that has brought us here. Worse is most of y'all don't even know the agreement on ground between Nigeria and Chad. I really am sick of y'all, despicable lots.

1 Like

Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by macaphan007(m): 1:15am On Feb 01, 2015
This is a news that to me with mixed feelings,the Nigerian Army that used to be the pride of the Nation and Africa,They've gone for peace keeping missions in Congo,Tanzania,Serria leone,Liberia etc,Its unfortunate they couldnt do the same against a rag tag Boko Haram army.
Now Chad has stepped up their game and they even breached our air space without getting authorisation from the clueless govt we have here who are busy asking Buhari to provide his certificate for over 2 weeks.Now this Govt has made us the laughing stock.
They had better save face now and send in equipments to those gallant soldiers before Chad takes all the glory and we are forced to loose the Chad Basin to France just as we lost Bakassi.
Re: Chadian Aircraft Bomb Nigerian Town In Anti-Boko Haram Raid by macaphan007(m): 1:24am On Feb 01, 2015
sevule:

Spending

Year Dollars Spent % GDP
2007 $1,239,000,000 0.6%
2008 $1,741,000,000 0.8%
2009 $1,825,000,000 0.9%
2010 $2,143,000,000 1.0%
2011 $2,386,000,000 1.1%
2012 $2,100,000,000 1.0%

Well said brov,well said,imagine We should be striped off that name "Giant of Africa" cos now we are like a mouse running scared....chei see falling of hand!!! where the 4trillion go on Security in the last 4yrs $10billion haaa.!.!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Replies Deji Adeyanju Over N24b New EFCC Building Complex / Why We Are Not Paying Salaries Regularly – Kogi Govt / 2019 Election: Buhari Vows Harsh Verdict For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.