Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,755 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Two Sides Of A Coin... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Two Sides Of A Coin... (8567 Views)

Third Side Of A Coin By Ozii Baba Anieto Episode 3 / Third Side Of A Coin By Ozii Baba Anieto Episode 2 / His Two Sides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2015
For some days i have fought with the idea of writing another story on nairaland.
You may ask 'WHY'
Its because i have come to understand that most nairalanders prefer to read the works of famous writers.
If you are not famous you remain on the end list,you get few likes and comments.
Most of my works here are abandoned.Especially 'someone is watching' which i started with a great mindset.
NOW
I have decided to overlook those behaviours.
I wouldnt be expecting much from you,just few likes and the ball would roll and roll.
Sit back,invite your friends and all.
I wouldnt End this till i get to the End.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2015
All right reserved.
No part of this book should be transmitted in any form without the permission of the writer.

Dedicated to my twin sister and all those who value education as an apropos to wisdom

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
~ ~ ~ ~PROLOGUE~~~ ~

Baba Efua peered at the drawing he had made bèfore him,he withheld his breath.
What was he seeing? The couple sitting opposite him wondered,the man held his wife's right hand for comfort,she had insisted that they should visit the soothsayer and he had willingly came along with her.
Wasnt it what it was about been a husband?
He loved his wife so much and he would go to any length for her.
"you will have a son and he will be great,his greatness will surpass all human greatness" the brazen voice of baba Efua disrupted the tranquil in the mud consulting room.
Rebecca glanced at her husband,beaming a smile.
"thank you baba"walter remarked and dropped a wad of crisp naira notes on the round dish made of clay.
"thank osebuluwa" baba Efua replied,showing his brown tobacco coloured teeth.
¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤
two days later Mrs Rebecca Onome had a nightmare which left her in thoughts,she had dreamt that Baba Efua had given her an odd coin,the coin was like nöne she had ever seen.
Öne side was shining and the other side was brown in rust.
What was it supposed to mean? She kept asking herself as she went about performing house chores.she was in her early stage of pregnancy,her stomach bulged slightly and her navel came out fully.
She blossomed in her pregnancy,her skin was smooth and her face was a beauty to behold.
What was it that made most pregnant women beautiful?
You would ask.
~ ~ ~
four months later Rebecca was rushed to the delivery room of saint micheal hospital by her next door neighbour living in the down floor of thier two storey building.
By the time walter was alerted rebecca had already put to birth.He walked into the ward with his heart beating excitedly.
How would thier son look?
Hope he would take over from his mother in terms of 'beauty.
He walked into the confirmed room that smelt of my baby&me powder and.......
What was he seeing??
'dont be shocked,the babies are ours' Rebecca's voice confirmed his suspicion.
'twins??'
she nodded,smiling.
He dashed to the colt and saw the most bewitching identical twins he had ever seen!
'haa! Am a proud father of two!'he exclaimed loudly.
Sc_rew baba Efua!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by emarkson(m): 8:39pm On Jan 31, 2015
#following
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
That's how the popular writers started, they became blind to expecting comment and seeing only following...
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
CHAPTER ONE
"E get as e dey do me,do me....." sonia sang from her room,her voice was a notch higher than Usual,sophia shuddered in her room,her twin sister was nuts,a fan of the identical psquare,she wouldnt let a day pass by without making thier flat echo with one of the artistes tracks.
She sighed and shut the biology textbook she was reading just as sonia banged into her room,dressed in a navy blue top over black pencil skirt.
''where to?" sophia asked ,sitting up on her neatly made bed.
Unlike her twin she was a pick and pack person,she loved been tidy,her room was never unkempt.
"to london to see the queen" sonia replied as she headed toward her sister's wardrobe.
"what are you borrowing today?"sophia asked,knowing full well that the only reason sonia would bang into her room was when she needed something.
"haa,stop sounding like a p-iss,i just want to grant you a favour by launching your new black cover shoe for you"sonia replied insolently.
Sophia snorted "and what do you mean by p_iss?"
"how come the lawyer of the family doesnt know what a p_iss mean...duh,please consult your dictionary,i can see it is on the bed with you"
sophia sighed and reclined her back on the pillow,she folded her hands on her chest and stared at sonia as she admired herself,looking at her image in the wall mirror.
" how do i look twinnie?" she asked with a pout.
Sophia smiled,"you look exactly like me"
"dont be silly,you know am fed up with that crap,one of these days am going to do something so people will be able to tell us apart.am tired of people asking me 'are you sophia or sonia' it hurts my dear just like it hurts when you grab a guy by his balls"
"you corrupt me!"sophia remarked in mock fury.
"hush....madam virgin,is that mum's voice coming from the kitchen?"
"should i go and investigate?"sophia made to stand up but sonia shot her a warning glance.
"so where are you going?"
"to...erm,i have a date with david"
sophia was flabbergasted. "david?"
"yeah,whats bad about him? He is cool you know" sonia remarked and left the room through the adjacent door without giving sophia enough time to start throwing her never ending questions:
she was fed up with sophia and her wary ways,why must they weigh every friend that comes thier way.
She danced to her room,picked her posh expensive handbag which sophia had given her last month on thier eighteenth birthday.
What had she bought for her sef? She couldnt remember.
Then bang! That large bed time stories hard cover,she knew her sister was mad about books.
She shrugged,you should have seen how sophia nearly jumped from the balcöny when she had unwrapped the present and saw the title "the story of rapunzel and other stories".
In more ways sophia was like thier workaholic dad who was devoted to his work,sophia was devoted to books so the term she used for her was 'readaholic'.
As for her,she was devoted to fun!
Phew!
It was time she got out of the house..before her readaholic sister would feel tempted to inform her workaholic dad.
¤ ¤
sophia sighed and returned to her biology textbook,she was almost engrossed when sonia walked in quietly.
"what are you reading?"she asked flippantly as she set her wristwatch with that of the wall clock in the room.
"biology"
she snorted "the only topic that interests me there is that of reproduction,when you reach that page close your eyes and flip past the pages,so you wouldnt get corrupted"she remarked in a babyish voice.
Sophia laughed "you dey craze"
"no talk say i no tell you,ehen you sure say this your clock they correct?"
"why not,U tink say my own na ur own wey never change battery since world war two"
sonia chuckled and lowered her voice "no let momcy hear U oo,remember her law NO PIDGIN ALLOWED IN THIS HOUSE"
Sophia burst into an endless mirth.
"twinnie U no go kill me"
"how i go take kill my 'oyibo' brain twinnie ehn?"
"so when are you coming back?"
"who knows? Maybe we may have a quickie at the backseat of his car"
sophia frowned "dont sell your dignity to that pi_ss_poor guy"
sonia grinned "and i thought you dont know what the word 'p_iss' mean"
sophia reddened,embarassed.
"see who crys" sonia retorted and blew her a kiss in the air.
"goodbye" sophia mumbled with a sigh as she watched her twin leave.
Life could be so boring without her twin,no wönder many envied her.sonia was a tomboy,a breezy and outspoken type,the type that made places lively.
What of her?
She was the bookworm type,mention any author and she would give you two books he/she had written.
Mention any designer bag,shoes or clothes and sonia would show you up to ten of the label in her wardrobe
Gosh
been a twin sucks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
Tags..
Kingphilip
obumsway
onemansquad
bigwig97
unique27
dominicule
vigorous
mznelly
christar01
laykorn
safarigirl
tiffanyj
chibarbie
skindawg
and many more....
Make Una come ma people.
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2015
So I'm not your people abi...

Please try to use I'm instead of am...

I like the way its going and I think the next thing are my opinion...
leave the title @ Two sides of a coin....don't add the good and the bad..

And you've described their mentalities- one reads and is neat ; the law abiding one. The other love fun and is rough...

Can you try to describe the physiques...

Capitalise Proper nouns...

I hope their mother is well..

How she go talk say mey dem no speak pidgin
..If I...ERM...If I *looks to the right and left* Hope u no go tell her o...Knock im head

1 Like

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2015
Urrrm, Chinweblinkz, I would advise that you run constant searches on your work as you post. You could also switch your phone to desktop version to allow spaces between paragraphs. I'm following this.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 31, 2015
Babes, i don show cheesy Loving your story already. Carry on smiley

1 Like

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 31, 2015
Am new here,i dont understand what you meant by desktop version @laykorn.
Thanks,pls direct me on how to change the name@ divepen
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
Tnks dears
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 31, 2015
Chinweblinkz, I'm talking about your browser. You could set your browser to desktop version to make the spaces show between the paragraphs.

Didn't you write the story with spaces between your paragraphs?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 01, 2015
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~
She strucked the match box and shakingly lighted the cigarette,all she needed was a puff,just a puff.She glanced at the door and lifted the cigarette to her lips.
"what are you doing?" David's voice sounded from the door way.
When had he opened the door?
She was about to reply when the smoke went the wrong way and she started coughing.
David took two giant strides and was by her side on the bed.
"take it easy babe,you should have told me you wanted to taste the stuff" He remarked as he patted her back.
"you may not want me to" She replied a little above whisper.
David pulled her into his arms and she felt safe,He took the cigarette from her and puffed,unlike her he didnt swallow.
She admired his adams apple as they bobbled up and down,on his left bicep was a tattoo of a scorpion and his chest was hairy.
David was manly,He reminded her of those macho men she used to read about some years ago.He was tall,dark in complexion and drop dead handsome while she and her twin were petite and light skinned.
David brought the cigarette to her lips and she reluctantly took a puff.
Hope her sister wouldnt perceive the smell of the cigarette_ she mused as she drew invisible patterns on David's hairy chest.
They were at David's lodge which was two street away from Her's,she had met Him when she had visited her girl friend caro,he took her breath away-the Guy was..ethereal handsome with this dreadlock of his.
"do you attend sabath?"she asked,the question had been on her lips since thier eyes had locked that day.
David grinned,his dimples showed and Sonia yearned for the day thier offsprings would have it.
Was she nuts?
Offsprings? No way,He wasnt the marrying type and why would She be thinking of marriage when she just clocked eighteen last month.
"yeah,let me get you something" He remarked and stood up,she had a strong hunch that he was trying to avoid the question.
He left the room with the cigarette dangling on his lips.
This was her first time here,she wasnt accustomed to paying Guys visit at thier lodge,Her mother had drummed in her ears that men were dangerous,that they took girls like orange,after sucking out the juice they discard the chaff,that they had a weapon between thier legs.
Bla bla bla bla
She knew the poor woman was only trying to scare them.
If only she could see her now' she mused and grinned.
Taking her time,she examined the room.it was painted a light blue just like sophia's while her's was painted pink.
Pink was her best colour,she had written her signature at a social network as 'if it isnt pink it isnt me'.
Gosh
pink was the do deal.
David walked into the room just as she finished examining the room,He held a glass cup of orange juice in his right hand.
"hope it isnt poisoned" She said the first thing on her mind.
David frowned "so you think so ill of me"
"am sorry it was just a joke" She apologised as she took the glass from him.
"save it for another day,see i have to prepare for lecture,i will be back in a jiffy,let me go and take my bathe" He said with a far away look.
"okay" She mumbled and watched his back side as he left the room.
Omo...the guy gather!
She remembered He had told her he was a 200 level computer engineering student,She had believed him only when He had showed her his ID and matric pictures.
Guys can lie shaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 3:09am On Feb 01, 2015
modify the first post, there you would be able to do so
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 5:34am On Feb 01, 2015
Hmm
.. I suspect something...
Something bigger than expected....Let me keep on watching
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by bigwig97(m): 6:31am On Feb 01, 2015
ah don show oh @ chinweblinkz
ur story is making sense oh,,, 'hope dt drink is nt poisoned/drugged' *asking in sophia's voice*

1 Like

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
Go on.. smiley

I really do envy your description abilities.

1 Like

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
I checked my browser,there were no such options @ laykorn.
Thanks all.
Happy new month all
will be updating soon.
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by chibarbie(f): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
Way to go gal!! Bt I hope u re nt tryna describe me?

1 Like

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
David dressed up hurriedly in a red basket ball singlet over worn out baggy jean trouser,He offered to ride her home in his new power tiger motorcycle but she declined the offer.
"babe hope you aren't mad at me?" he asked as he squinted,the sunrays was much and his brown cat eyes were sensitive to the sun.
"am not mad at you,i dont want you to miss your lecture,lecturers could be a p_rick at times" Sonia replied with a smile as he put on the tiger helmet.
"thanks dear,i will give you a call after the lecture"
"no pro,take care" she said and baded him Good bye.
She walked home slowly,thinking about the upcoming matric examination.
God help her! She hadnt turn a page of her book since she wrote her Waec last year.
If not for the fact that the exam was scheduled to take place the same date she would have told her sister to help her out.
Unlike her,Sophia was brainy,it seemed Sophia had cheated her both in looks and brain.
They were Identical,yes! But Sophia's features were more prettier than her's.
She had nearly passed it when she paused and read the notice carefully.
United hearts theatre club!
God be praised.

Sonia banged into sophia's room excitedly,her face was aglow with happiness.
"whats up?" Sophia asked sitting up on the bed.
"quess...." she crooned.
"quess what naa?" Sophia snapped,she was in no mood for games.why would Sonia invade her privacy when she was reading?.
"haa take it easy,see there is the notice i saw about an upcoming audition and the membership fee is two thousand naira"
Sophia sighed and folded her hands on her chest.
"whats this all about?"
"between Us you know i dont have a dime,please can you lend me two thousand naira,i promise to pay you back".
"in twenty years time i assume" Sophia retorted.
"haba i swear!" She touched her middle finger on her tongue and pointed at the sky.
"you didnt tell me you were that keen about acting"
"haba naa,have you forgotten those my miss pepeye days,when i acted the role of miss pepeye in front of our wall mirror back then"
Sophia grinned at last " i wouldnt forget the day the wall mirror broke while you were practising mike tyson part"
they laughed simultaneously.
"so when are you going to pay me?" Sophia asked,thoughtfully.
"i promise to pay you,stop been a .."she paused just as the door opened.
Rebecca stood at the door fuming in rage.
"who took my almond jelweries?" She asked, she was the older version of her daughters,sometimes people mistook the trio for sisters.
Sophia's heart went pitter-patter she was in thick soup.
"am sorry mom,i forgot to tell you,I collected it yesterday" Sonia lied,saving her naive sister's neck.
"today should be the first and last you will touch my jelwerry box without my permission,do you hear me?"
"yes maam"
"Good,wipe off that lipstick and mascara,remember it is your turn to cook soup,make sure that todays soup isnt too thick,am going to boundary market to buy foodstuffs" Rebecca retorted and left the room.Sophia heaved a sigh of relief.
"thank you sis,you saved me" she remarked with a grin,she had wore the almond jelwerries to a youth programme yesterday,it had been a matching fit to her flower patterned chiffon blouse.
"no pro,you owe me something though" Sonia cunningly remarked.
"okay the two thousand naira will be yours on one condition"
"what condition?" Sonia asked in a withheld breath.
"that i will wear your two inch silver shoe to church tommorow"
Sonia released the breath.
"I am damned! U wan fall? Abi U wan make people laff U?"
Sophia snorted "dont worry there is a first time for everything"she remarked with a timid smile.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Cybershow(m): 6:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Chinweblinkz so am nt ur pple unh? bt 4gt sha..so api new month..d story z lively..bt modify d first as my oga divepen said..
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2015
Oo am sorry cyber, i have modified it already,thanks.
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by kingphilip(m): 8:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
so you've started another
Hw about the diary of a Jehovah witness?

BTW this looks promising.. will try to b with u all through

ride on dear
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
Will be writing the both.
Thanks
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Cybershow(m): 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Chinweblinkz dat fyn den...so i lyk d story continue abeg...hmm..visit my story thru my signature post am new Here elp me wit ma mistakes..
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Kusibe77(m): 4:03am On Feb 02, 2015
Chinweblinkz has started a new one. +Drag seats to the front,
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Cybershow(m): 6:15am On Feb 02, 2015
Kusibe77 it seem xay u dae play abi..na d last sit wey dae front row i sit down and u wn cum pursue me 4 whr..e no go posible o...chinweblinkz..tel im 2 witdraw frm dat o..*winks*
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by waistaa(f): 6:44am On Feb 02, 2015
Nwanne m nwaanyi go and finish d Jehovah witness story o,b4 u continue wiv dis one joor. Emulate from glowingscenes,audreytimms and flow1759.ji si ike
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
CHAPTER TWO
Sonia stared hard at the dressing mirror,her face was smooth except for one or two pimples,Sophia also had pimples on her face,it wouldnt be difficult for them to switch places.
God...God ...God
how would she get out of this mess?
She clenched her fist,God what should she do?
She wanted by all means to attend todays show....she couldnt attend David's birthday and also attend the show.it was scheduled the same hour.
Oh God!
She had fought so hard to be a full member of United hearts threatre club.She remembered her first day there,it had been so eventful getting to meet new people but the main part she wouldnt forget was when she and her co-newcomers were told to start crying on stage.
She had thought it was a joke,come to think of it how could she just start crying without any reason?
She couldnt remember the last time she cried talkmore of crying in public.
She sat speechless,darting her eyes from the audience to the leader who was a youngman in his late twenties.
The man was serious "Action" He ordered and folded his arms on his chest,staring at her and the other four.
She had an undescribable urge to laugh but on looking at the audience she had second thought.
How could she just start crying like that?
She had almost given up when the girl sitting beside her started crying.
She saw real tears pouring down her eyes.
Sonia became dumbfounded,if these these small t_hing could cry in public,why couldnt she do same?
Before one could say 'harry porter' she started crying,she pictured herself facing a firing squad.
She cried and cried,stood up and went to hold the leader,he held her,comforting her with soothing words.
She cried and cried,mucus even came out of her nostril.
She cried real tears.
By the time the leader said 'cut' tears was already coming out of her nose.
That was what act was all about; Fixation.Been able to act a role like it was happening in reality.
She had read somewhere that if you want to lie you have to first believe in the lie,it also goes that way with acting.
Sonia was an act itself.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~And now she was in a mes_sy situation,it was like between the devil and the deep blue sea,she choosed the deep blue sea,who knows? Someone may come to her rescue.
She was fed up with David and his melancholy self,she loved him Yes! But he can't take the place Acting had taken in her heart.
God help her!
What should she do??
Sophia! Sophia!
Yes Sophia was the remedy,they were so identical,David wouldnt find out.
Yes! She must talk to her,infact convince her to attend David's birthday for her.
Yes!
Sophia was the remedy.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~"i can't do it,please don't make me do it" Sophia screeched in a thin 'am not joking' voice.
"please twinnie i beg you,there is no way i can attend the birthday party and attend the show"Sonia implored,already on her knees.
Sophia swallowed,she hate doing this,the last time she had done it she was suspended from school as the teacher later found out that she had written the Agric exam for Sonia.
Now these?
No way...
"please sophy,you know if i were in your shoes i would do same for you"
she swallowed,feeling bad already,when was the last time Sonia had gone on her knees for anybody.
Ten years ago ..she assumed.
Sonia really really wanted her to do this,but can she do it? She hate dealing with the likes of David.
They were dangerous to a fault.
"you dont have to hang around with him,just give him the parcel and.,.a peck will do"Sonia said,as if reading her mind.
She blushed at the idea of 'pecking' huh? What if the Guy hadnt shaved?
She assumed David was a lousy fellow who couldnt keep himself clean.
She sighed,breath in and out.
She would do it,she can do it!
"okay agreed" she said.
Sonia yelled and embraced her,already on her feet.
'i love you sis' she mumbled and planted a soft kiss on her sister's pink lips.
Sophia blushed,hoped the kiss was worth the trip.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by teamplayey: 1:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
. . . #following
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2015
¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤
She couldnt keep the happiness to herself,she danced home,singing la..la..la.
When was the last time she felt this way?
Ages ago ofcourse.
As she ascended the stiarcase to the first floor of the house to thier dainty flat,many thoughts crossed her mind.
Had it gone that well for sophia?
Poor sis,only God knew how she would cope with the melancholy David.
Gosh....she remembered how Sophia had fused while she applied make up on her face.
"i dont have to go through this"Sophia had grumbled as she sat opposite her while she applied make up on her face.
"you have to,David knows am keen about make ups"Sonia replied as she carefully used the mascara on Sophia's lashes.
"what if I change my mind?"Sophia asked,frowning.
"ha sisi'm dont oo,anyway its already late"she told her.
......."madam where are you coming from?" her mother's voice shattered her thoughts,Rebecca was descending the stiarcase,she was dressed in a simple gown that had embrioderies at the edges.
There was a scowl on her face as her eyes swept Sonia's outfit disapprovingly.
"mom,i told you i was going out naa"
"and did that give you the impetus to dress this..way like a tom_boy?" Rebecca asked,hands akimbo.
Sonia grinned and looked down at her outfit,she was not looking b..a..d,she was just dressed in a t.shirt which she left the collar raised over a baggy jean that had holes at the knees,her feet were padded in cowboy boots and a facecap turned backward sat on her head.
"mom,i told you am into acting now,so this attire was for the role i acted today" she remarked.
"be careful"Rebecca retorted and walked on.
Sonia heaved a sigh of relief.
Mom and her sermon!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sule Egya Wins 2013 Commonwealth Book Prize For Africa / Where Can I Download Story Books In PDF FORMAT?? / James The Lagos Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.