Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,170 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Two Sides Of A Coin... - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Two Sides Of A Coin... (8566 Views)

Third Side Of A Coin By Ozii Baba Anieto Episode 3 / Third Side Of A Coin By Ozii Baba Anieto Episode 2 / His Two Sides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
~ ~ ~
She trudged along holding unto the heavy shopping bag,halting at intervals to stare longingly at an item or two.
Sonia was shopping for the week,it was her turn to shop for the household foodstuffs,everything was done on routine,they took turns to shop,clean and cook.Soon It wouldnt be the same, her Mother had informed them that a househelp would be arriving soon to enlighten thier 'yoke.As for now,she was stucked with this heavy bag,she wrenched her hand free from over eager traders who were bent on pulling her into thier shops with words like;"i have what you need" "fine girl check if what i sell is in your list" "come i will sell for you well"_pouring out of thier mouths like gushing ocean.
She looked ahead,walking slowly as the weight of the bag was telling on her.
Someone tapped her on her right shoulder,she brushed the hand away without looking back.
"hey Sonia it is me" David's rich alto voice sounded right beside her..She halted and someone pushed her from behind,she nearly trippled but David was her saving grace,he held her firmly.
"thanks so much" She spoke at last,beaming a smile.
"you are welcome,can i help you with the bag? I can see it is heavy" He retorted,She hestitated at first and then reluctantly gave him the bag,He smiled..
"waow,its heavy.so tell me,what and what is inside the bag?"
"Melon seeds,stockfish,tinned fish,garri,palm oil ..ecetera" She concluded and they shared a laughter.
"are you through with the buying?"
"yes I am,actually i was thinking of flagging a bike before i saw you"
"thats nice then,i came with my bike,it is over there" he pointed,her eyes followed his hand and she saw the big power bike.
They walked towards it silently,each engrossed in thier thoughts.
"so you are a twin" David said,shattering her thoughts.
She gulped like a tilapia fish,how had he known? What else did he knew?
"ermm,am sorry i didnt tell you,i forgot.how did you find out?" she asked,curiousity eating at the bowels of her heart.
He shrugged "your mum told me,i was hanging at your place earlier in the day,she drove out in her car and asked who i was looking for,i told her and then she hinted that you are a twin" he remarked,he didnt add the part of going to the library and the encounter with Sophia.
"so you are really a twin,are the both of you identical?" He asked slyly as if he didnt know better.
"yes we are,so identical" she remarked with a laugh,He didnt see anything funny to laugh about,but he was relieved that she hadnt lied to him.
They got to the black power bike,he started it and rode her out of the market leaving a cloud of smoke behind.
*to be continued later*
nature calls!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by zyzxx(m): 8:01am On Feb 21, 2015
Chinweblinkz:

yeah.
Book the nearest flight to owerri,i will be waiting at the airport
AWw, it already late.
Hope u had fun,
Apy weknd .
these work is awesome
Welldone ma'am
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by kingphilip(m): 8:13am On Feb 21, 2015
Chinweblinkz:

thanks Dear,
I will be waiting but no cake just roasted yam and palm oil
that will do
please pass it to me too
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by kingphilip(m): 8:16am On Feb 21, 2015
Hmmm
lemme see hw this turns out sha

chinwe nice one dear
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Ama111(f): 12:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
chinwe I must confess u re good, I've bin a silent reader and if I don't comment on dis really I'll be tagged wicked.weldone sweety
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ama111:
chinwe I must confess u re good, I've bin a silent reader and if I don't comment on dis really I'll be tagged wicked.weldone sweety
thanks sweety
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Maxsex(m): 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
U are indeed a great wirter,,,thumb up dear, i follow u bump to bump
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Maxsex(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
Chinweblinkz i didnt know dat yestday was ur bday, i wish u lonq life nd prosperity dear,, lullllp
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by bigwig97(m): 6:06am On Feb 22, 2015
happy birthday in arrears, dear
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by teamplayey: 6:44am On Feb 22, 2015
Happy Birthday, Chinweblinkz.
Many Happy Returns!
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by chibarbie(f): 7:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
Following
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Fembleez1(m): 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
Well well well grin, I lost me phone and had to get another one back because of Literature section on NL.

Chinweblinkz, I don show o, before I order for Suya and Ginger-beer, let me ask what do you have for me?.

Ehm!. I have just 2 corrections or should I say observation. I noticed you used "`enlighten' their burden or so",...........I think it should be 'lighten their burden' if I'm not mistaken.

Another is "how did he knew?",.......should be "how did he `know?" since 'did' already gave a clue it is in the past.

Something to work on apart from the above is Nothing, you are absolutely spot on! wink

Waiting patiently for the next update!. cool
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
thanks all,am sorry for not updating for long now,i promise to be steady since my other work is nearly approaching the final page.
fembleez1 thanks sweety

1 Like

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Fembleez1(m): 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
thanks all,am sorry for not updating for long now,i promise to be steady since my other work is nearly approaching the final page.
fembleez1 thanks sweety

Don't mention it dear smiley
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
continued
David drove carefully albet speedingly,Sonia clung to him,breathing in his fragrance and after shave,the Guy oozed of wealth,the necklace on his neck was hundred percent Gold and the wrist watch was a Rolex brand.
She hadnt thought much about his financial status because unlike most girls out there she wasnt a gold digger,it was his personality that drew her to him like the way a bee is drawn to a honeycomb.
She was satisfied with what she had,it never crossed her mind to demand for anything from him,She preferred borrowing from Sophia and paying her back whenever she had the money.
Right now she was battling deep within,should She tell him that she had switched places with Sophia that ill_fated thursday?
She was confused..
......David pulled to a halt in front of the massive gate and she came down,a frown etched on her face.
"babe whats it?you dont look happy"
"am fine"She replied curtly..
Tell him..tell him' a voice sang in her head.
David stared at her quietly as if he expected her to say something,thier eyes locked and her lips parted to say the truth....
"hello" Sophia's voice disrupted the connection.
Sonia swallowed and ran into the compound leaving behind the shopping bag.
"what was the meaning of that?"Sophia asked,confused.her eyes darted from Sonia's retreating form to the young man with a worried look on his face.
He shrugged.."i dont know,i havent seen her this way before'' He paused and his face transformed into a menacing scowl.
"you have to talk to her for me,it is either you talk to her or..."
"hey stop there,to hell with your threats.see i dont owe you anything.hope you hear me"Sophia retorted boldly,picked up the shopping bag and walked into the compound.
"dont dare me!"David yelled clenching his fists,he felt like hitting someone,he let out an eloquent curse and zoomed off...
Pedro was waiting for him when he got to his lodge,the Guy had the knack of appearing whenever he wasnt needed-David thought as he parked his bike in the verendah,pedro sat two feets away engrossed in a race game.
"oh boy how far naa? When you land?"
Pedro looked up and grinned,he hadnt noticed his arrival,he pocketed his techno phone immediately.
"my man e never tay oo,i just siddon here they pass time,i been wan call You but I no get airtime"He replied,standing up with a yawn.
David knew what the yawn meant,Pedro was silently telling him that he was hungry.
"how you go get airtime to call me,if na nkechi or ngozi you go kukuma remember to go buy airtime"David retorted in fluent pidgin.within his few years at Unilag he had learnt the uniform languange,if he had been told some years ago that he-David would speak pidigin he would have scoffed at the idea.
Back then before he got admitted to Unilag he so much detested pidgin and looked at those who speak it as people who were sick in the head...
"so how far naa?"he asked for the second time as they entered the sitting room.
His lodge was a small two bedroom flat that his family owned near the outskirt of Unilag.
Pedro sanked into the sofa and placed his legs on the centre table like a typical 'oga'.
"my mannest man na hunger oo,abeg e get anytin wey mouth fit chop?"
David smirked,he knew it was coming to this.whenever Pedro started yawning it simply meant he was hungry.
He waved him off to the kitchen and minutes later Pedro entered the sitting room with 'half done' rice and refigerated stew which he had warmed.,he knew coming to David's lodge was not a bad idea.
He attacked the rice and by the time David decided to join him the food remained quarter.
"haa is this stone" David exclaimed as he chewed the rice with a grimace on his face.
"food na food"Pedro replied.
"tøo bad,abeg i no dey eat"David remarked in mock anger, but when he remembered that he wouldnt have the apetite to eat anything if Pedro left he continued eating.
"see person wey talk say im no dey eat na im dey eat pass" Pedro remarked and they laughed simultaneously.
..After the meal they got engaged in a game of whot,it was during the course of the game that David told Pedro about Sonia's recent change of attitude and the birthday ordeal.
Pedro whistled and blowed his friend lightly on his ribs.
"Oga,so you suceeded in sleeping with her? Mere looking at her you will know she has an iron fist,so how did you subdue her?"
David shooked his head.
"abeg this no be matter of subduement,am just worried.."
"dont worry she get over it,females are like that"Pedro assured him...
"so how was the s_ex? Was it as hot as..."
"your father there!" David interjected.
"what i feel for Sonia has nothing to do with it,and do you know she is the reason why i cut my dreadlock"
"whaat!"
"yes,and please dont look at me like that,I seriously love her"
Pedro whistled again "love in the air" he retorted and they laughed out loud.
..thiers was a friendship that started on his first day as a student at Unilag,Pedro was more like a brother to him and they were similar in many ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by kizzykeziah: 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2015
Seriously, is this David in love with the two girls or what's up with him?

You cut off your dreads because one wants you to and then sleep with her. You don't spot a single difference and go ahead to tell the other you are head over heels for her. Quite strange.

But you know best Chinwe and I'm hoping you would clear this up. smiley

#stillfollowing
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 02, 2015
kizzykeziah:
Seriously, is this David in love with the two girls or what's up with him?

You cut off your dreads because one wants you to and then sleep with her. You don't spot a single difference and go ahead to tell the other you are head over heels for her. Quite strange.

But you know best Chinwe and I'm hoping you would clear this up. smiley

#stillfollowing
read thru d lines maa'm,he doesnt knw it was Sophia he slept with.
They are very much identical.
Am a twin myself nd m0st times even my close friend mistakes my Twin as me.
It happens dear..
Thnx for reading
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by kizzykeziah: 6:26pm On Mar 03, 2015
Awww.... You really are a twin? So cute cheesy

1 Like

Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by StormAngel(f): 1:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
Emm chinweblinkz why did u stop

I was having a good read, only for me to see d date of your last update....hope all is well?
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by teamplayey: 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
StormAngel:
Emm chinweblinkz why did u stop

I was having a good read, only for me to see d date of your last update....hope all is well?

... The account has been de-activated. I wonder why
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by bigwig97(m): 8:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
teamplayey:

i think itz because of her exam!! wishing her best of luck!!
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by teamplayey: 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
bigwig97:

Hopefully. Also wishing her best of luck. Thanks, bigwig97
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by StormAngel(f): 12:37am On Mar 13, 2015
teamplayey:

shocked ok. Too bad

tnx teamplayey
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by D9ty7(m): 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
bigwig97:
Account deactivated because of exams? That's not possible.
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by bigwig97(m): 1:09pm On Mar 15, 2015
D9ty7:

Account deactivated because of exams? That's not possible.
hmmm!!! let's wait and wats gonna happen in nearest weeks, mayb she wuld b back to tel wat happend
Re: Two Sides Of A Coin... by treababy(f): 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2015
pls where is the continuetion of this story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sule Egya Wins 2013 Commonwealth Book Prize For Africa / Where Can I Download Story Books In PDF FORMAT?? / James The Lagos Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.