Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Please Return The Modification Button. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please Return The Modification Button. (754 Views)

Let Discuss Tarasha And Return Of Tarasha By Oyinprince. / The Return of Madly In Love With A Non-human(SECOND CHANCE)SEASON 2 / The Return (love Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Return The Modification Button. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
Mr. Seun Osewa, before I opened this thread I went to some other section to confirm if what I'm seeing is general but it wasn't.

Can you kindly return the modify button to threads in the literature section. I want to assume you did that to safe guard our work, it won't be right if we can't go back to correct our write ups. We are not Robot we make mistakes and that is what make us human.
Many of us have been trying to correct some mistakes in our work but we have not been able to do so.
Professor Mrs. Ishilove( if she catch me) please help hasten Emeritus Professor Seun Osewa to do this. Joking apart, I love to see that all writers improve and I always love to help but I won't be able to do that if writers are running away. Please do something about people who are running away and save Nigeria writers.
I am suspecting that some people will say because Mr. Seun does not want them to delete their work from Nairaland, he removed the Modify button and I would not to see any writer being banned again over this trivial issue. It will defame the site, please just press control return ..Chikena...
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
Good, its back...You can delete the thread...
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Fembleez1(m): 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
Please Seun ,can you help return the 'quote' button to Literature section I beg of thee,what is the essence if I can still copy and paste when the Quote button is not there anymore?.

Ishilove,please do help so Seun can press control return. embarassed

Thank you. cry
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by kingphilip(m): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
I think seun hasn't done anything if he took both the modify and quote button down because of plagiarism

when I noticed this I tried holding down words to see if I can copy and low and behold one can still copy

it is even faster copying while holding down than copying while quoting

summarily Nothing has been done left to me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Seun(m): 5:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
The modification button was not removed. What makes you feel that it was removed? Please post screenshots to support that observation.

@kingphillip: which browser do you use? We know that the approach we used does not work on Opera Mini browser. Is that what you use?
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Vivly(f): 5:19pm On Feb 01, 2015
Seun there's no quote button anymore

1 Like

Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by losprince(m): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
Seun, someone ever told you that you are a jerk? Better re implement the quote feature. Why the hell would u disable it the first instance?
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Fembleez1(m): 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
Seun

Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by lordZOUGA(m): 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
You can't modify other people's posts
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Tytto(f): 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
Seriously, have been following Nairaland for some time, and truth be told, Seun is nothing but a dictator... He has this way of just shoving his WILL or what he thinks is right down people's throat... SMH.....
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Seun(m): 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
Sorry.
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Fembleez1(m): 9:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
Please help restore it Seun(m),thanks.

I mean the Quote Button cry
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Chrisx1x(m): 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ok it seems it has been restored ,i mean the modify button
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Fembleez1(m): 11:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
What about the Quote Button embarassed
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Fatalveli(m): 7:46am On Feb 02, 2015
"What a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you." @ quote button

We don't need the quote button since the modify button is available, if its a medium to eradicate plagiarism, pls let the admin try everything in their power.

You can always reply a person's statement without quoting it. Everything has a disadvantage but the removing of quote button advantage is more than the disadvantage. We just have to live with it until a solution is found.
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 02, 2015
Mr. Seun, I tried reporting a case to you but anti spambot refused to allow you see it.
One of the people advertising Data with your site duped me.
I paid him four hundred naira to get 250mb with 400 naira etisalat. But he have not sent the Mb to me. Today is the 6th day.
I called him thrice or, sent messages to him more than four times. He kept on telling me send the number but I've not seen anything.
I even promised to tell Nairalanders about his site but he did not heed to it.
If you want to see the site, I will post it but I don't want to that because of antispambot.
I trust that you would want to look into it because you would not want him to dupe other Niaralanders and to bring defamation to the prestigeous name of Nairaland.
Re: Please Return The Modification Button. by kingphilip(m): 9:45am On Feb 02, 2015
Seun it's true the feature doesn't work with opera mini but I'm not a fan of ucbrowser I only make use of it when my opera mini is having issues..

But is there nothing else to b done apart from removing the quote button? If I hold down any word in opera mini I can still copy that way even easier that having to quote someone..

You guys are trying I know but there's still a huge room for improvement please do something more before literature section will be a shadow of it's former glorious self

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Write An Allegory On The Issue Of Bad Leadership In Africa / Sci-Fi: Universal Programming Language / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.