Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,229 members, 7,780,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:14 PM

Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? (7355 Views)

6 Ways To Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship / How Do We Avoid Crowd In Our Upcoming Wedding? / Reasons Why You Must Avoid Premarital Sex ( It's Fun But It Hurt) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
obongproff:

Baba, do u have any genuine statistical proof to dis ya claim. U guys just kip spitting d same poo over and over again. Na wa oh!

Dont u know dat d symptoms of malaria, cholera, typhoid, hiv and ebola are similar? Is it plasmodium dat causes cholera, typhoid, hiv and ebola?

Why do guys keep thinking like dis sef?

I swear to God, all ignorant people are the same.
Well it's entertaining. keep drowning in your folly.
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by tosyne2much(m): 11:21pm On Jan 31, 2015
What a brilliant write-up by Mizmycoli

Btw, this write up no con-sign me because I don't even know what the kitty-cat of a full grown lady looks like wink
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by clevvermind(m): 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
Truckpusher:
Were you asking every girl you've dated to go for HIV screening before you started being intimate ?

Again it boils down to the kind of people you roll with and even at that you can never go around asking every girl you've known to produce a test result first and marriage is not a football match it comes spontaneously and the person you end up with might not be your favourite so some things are easier said than done.Though I agree with you on the issue of HIV.
i don't ask them but it's a risk i'm taking. Staying out of sex before marriage will save you from a whole lot of thing. One can use a condom but condom can fail and you will be exposed. By the way, how many girls will one test before marriage? Some people are on their 15th testing and still counting. It just don't argur well. It seems like i'm sounding like a pastor now. Abeg i nor be pastor o. grin
It is good to stay away from pre marital sex but you know say body nor be firewood na. grin
I dey feel you sha.

Make i go sleep now. I don dey type rubbish because of sleep eye. grin

1 Like

Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by JoeCutie(m): 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
BreezyRita:

Here! cheesy
You? This babe. You?! -_-

1 Like

Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
Aprime:

I swear to God, all ignorant people are the same.
Well it's entertaining. keep drowning in your folly!

Oya Mr. Informed, mbok can u show me proofs dat premarital sex na him day cos all d rubbish way u talk so?

Person go shit for dirty toilet go carry disease, u say na premarital sex cos am. Person go wire e no gree use condom, u say na premarital sex cos am. Abi u no know say when u wire without condom u must carry belle, weda ur married or unmarried?

Abeg wot of d consequences of extramarital sex na? Mr. Informed, abeg come tell us na.
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by MizMyColi(f): 11:33pm On Jan 31, 2015
tosyne2much:
What a brilliant write-up by Mizmycoli

Btw, this write up no con-sign me because I don't even know what the kitty-cat of a full grown lady looks like wink

Lol
Your recent threads on ladies and virgins give credence to your post.
gringringringringringrin
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Truckpusher(m): 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2015
clevvermind:
i don't ask them but it's a risk i'm taking. Staying out of sex before marriage will save you from a whole lot of thing. One can use a condom but condom can fail and you will be exposed. By the way, how many girls will one test before marriage? Some people are on their 15th testing and still counting. It just don't argur well. It seems like i'm sounding like a pastor now. Abeg i nor be pastor o. grin
It is good to stay away from pre marital sex but you know say body nor be firewood na. grin
I dey feel you sha.

Make i go sleep now. I don dey type rubbish because of sleep eye. grin
Silly hypocrite grin grin

1 Like

Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by BreezyRita(f): 11:50pm On Jan 31, 2015
JoeCutie:
You? This babe. You?! -_-

Joe! Joe! Wetin ah do you??
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by JoeCutie(m): 12:04am On Feb 01, 2015
BreezyRita:

Joe! Joe! Wetin ah do you??
Rita! Rita! You no dey try, you dey do me bad thing. grin

1 Like

Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by AbuMikey(m): 12:06am On Feb 01, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

How is it very true, Mikey?
If one gets married a virgin, you can also turn an addict (new thing dey shark). The husband can actually get tired of servicing the wife too.
That's when we see threads like "My Husband Doesn't Make Love To Me Often" angry

Mehn, if You newly start to dey Kpansh, addiction must follow join, if na nymph like Chi-Chi that Year. lipsrsealed

But getting married a virgin is a big no for Me, most especially as it relates to the male folks.

On the first night of having sex, who would teach who how to fûck? gringringrin
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by AbuMikey(m): 12:09am On Feb 01, 2015
Karleb:

Don't take him serious, that's probably what his Pastor's wife told him.

I think so, too. grin
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by InZA: 12:14am On Feb 01, 2015
Hmmm.

Some very sane comments here.
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by tosyne2much(m): 12:53am On Feb 01, 2015
cool
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by MizMyColi(f): 7:27am On Feb 01, 2015
InZA:
Hmmm.

Some very sane comments here.

Please don't reply this quote, just laugh along with me.

I just woke up and first thing I did was log on to NL.

WHY?

I had a dream.
It was on the papers and NL HP with about 70 thread pages.

Lalastica got married to Berrrrem.

Yeah, my dreams can be weird like that (I ain't kidding)
cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Tallesty1(m): 7:54am On Feb 01, 2015
obongproff:
bros most of d tins u sed are half-truths.
Complete them for me nah......
obongproff:
But dis one is completely baseless and clueless.
Cluelessgrincheesycheesycheesy. You shouldn't have used that word because I will soon expose the height of your cluelessnes.
obongproff:
So pastors way day divorce everywia now na premarital sex day cos am abi?
The poster warned that we should not bring religion into this, so pastors as far as this post is concerned are not different from you and I.
obongproff:
Oh I forgot, its d spirit of premarital sex dat day didnt deliver themselves from dat has come back to hunt them by destroying dia marriages abi?
Sir, having sex with a person bonds one to them. Some call it romantic ties, I have no name for it but I know that a great sex with a person is unforgettable. The memory always comes back even if you are a pope. That is why we see people comparing their spouse with their ex, something that wouldn't have happened if there was no ex.

If the ex is better than the spouse, the person will start lusting after him/her and may cheat with him/her.

Your marriage is in a deep mess once you start wishing your partner could do one or two things better than your previous partner.
obongproff:
Ur definitely speaking from a myopic point of view.
Maybe, but I still make sense more than you.
obongproff:
I tot u were wiser dan dis.
King Solomon. Pre-marital sex affects our marriages in a way and contributes greatly to the high rate of divorce in our generation
obongproff:
Am so so disappointed.
You really should be, not in me thou but in yourself.
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Tymax(m): 8:03am On Feb 01, 2015
Now that I have slept on the matter I believe I would have no qualms with premarital sex outside religion. It sure doesn't have any peculiar health hazards. As long as two of you (adults) agree and religion is out to of the picture, why not?

But that is not the case.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Sleekshady(f): 9:14am On Feb 01, 2015
The stigma follows you into marriage as you can never forget those whom you've had sex with before marriage and the thoughts lingers in your memory every now and then which could as well cause a psychological effect in you and your marriage.
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by emperorchedda(m): 10:21am On Feb 01, 2015
joseph1832:
Those who say such obviously don't know the history of their religion. Religion as it is has been the bane of human existence! Take Nigeria for example, every President, is either christian or moslem, you would expect they live up to their religious beliefs, but reverse is the case!. When Karl Marx said "religion is the opiate of the masses" he definitely knew what he was talking about!.

I should add that those saying religion is what is keeping we humans from tearing eachother apart are so wrong!. If they want to know, the things keeping we humans from tearing eachother apart is 'The Law', not these yeye religious law but the law made by man! It is against the law to kill a fellow man, you do that and you go to jail, it is also against the law to take what doesn't belong to you, you do that you go to jail!.

Religious law has only provided ground for many to perpetuate acts of unspeakable margin! Especially in a country as religious as Nigeria.

To your post! there is absolutely nothing wrong with two consenting adults having sex! Everybody you see or hear criticizing it do so because their 'religion' say so. It is not even stipulated in the constitution that we shouldn't have sex!.

So anybody saying sex is bad is just saying his/her own version! For me, it is awesome and I'll have it as many times as I like!. Plain and simple. Whoever has a problem with it should go and chew a cucumber!.
who are you? You deserve a medal

1 Like

Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
Cluelessgrincheesycheesycheesy. You shouldn't have used that word because I will soon expose the height of your cluelessnes.
The poster warned that we should not bring religion into this, so pastors as far as this post is concerned are not different from you and I.
Sir, having sex with a person bonds one to them. Some call it romantic ties, I have no name for it but I know that a great sex with a person is unforgettable. The memory always comes back even if you are a pope. That is why we see people comparing their spouse with their ex, something that wouldn't have happened if there was no ex.

If the ex is better than the spouse, the person will start lusting after him/her and may cheat with him/her.

Your marriage is in a deep mess once you start wishing your partner could do one or two things better than your previous partner.
King Solomon. Pre-marital sex affects our marriages in a way and contributes greatly to the high rate of divorce in our generation

Chai! U sabi. I bin forget say person no day win u for argument.

If only u were a divorce lawyer, am sure u wdnt be thinking dis shallow.

Oya carry go! shocked abeg no quote me again. No need to waste my time with u.
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 01, 2015
joseph1832:
Those who say such obviously don't know the history of their religion. Religion as it is has been the bane of human existence! Take Nigeria for example, every President, is either christian or moslem, you would expect they live up to their religious beliefs, but reverse is the case!. When Karl Marx said "religion is the opiate of the masses" he definitely knew what he was talking about!.

I should add that those saying religion is what is keeping we humans from tearing eachother apart are so wrong!. If they want to know, the things keeping we humans from tearing eachother apart is 'The Law', not these yeye religious law but the law made by man! It is against the law to kill a fellow man, you do that and you go to jail, it is also against the law to take what doesn't belong to you, you do that you go to jail!.

Religious law has only provided ground for many to perpetuate acts of unspeakable margin! Especially in a country as religious as Nigeria.

To your post! there is absolutely nothing wrong with two consenting adults having sex! Everybody you see or hear criticizing it do so because their 'religion' say so. It is not even stipulated in the constitution that we shouldn't have sex!.

So anybody saying sex is bad is just saying his/her own version! For me, it is awesome and I'll have it as many times as I like!. Plain and simple. Whoever has a problem with it should go and chew a cucumber!.

Baba u get sense abeg. Ten kposa for u jare!

1 Like

Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Arsenate(m): 11:29am On Feb 01, 2015
Tallesty1:
Tallesty1:
well said man
you first post and this one have done great justice to the topic. seriously man you should be proud of yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by cyprianlah(m): 11:44am On Feb 01, 2015
Frankly speaking, nothing else undecided
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
ordinarily,there are issues we should question even
about the so called holy books....
If I should stress my point in rocket science formality,I
would say those mere warnings,soothsayings and
spiritual consequences enshrined in the scriptures of
religious literature compendium(bible and quran) were
to serve as a deterrence to then growing medieval
populace whose ignorance knew no limits!!!
Imagine someone said to me "I can't kill because I am
a christain"...so,if you weren't a christain, would you
kill?? these things are commonsensical!!
those who invented these "brainwashing mechanisms"
exported them to us and our love of foreign ideas and
ideologies made us assimilate them hook,sinker and
line!!!
Little wonder that the missionaries that brought
Christianity from England had converted their
auditoriums,mission houses to brothels and beer
parlours long ago..
if someone could disprove what the bible meant about
the rich men and the hardship involved in getting to
heaven with stern comparison with "donkey and needle
hole" just to justify nigerian pastors living in luxuries
while congregants were suffering, it would be
disheartening to hear arguers against premarital sex
resolve to religious frameworks to drive home their
points!!! objectivity is very much required!
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2015
malonephills:
ordinarily,there are issues we should question even
about the so called holy books....
If I should stress my point in rocket science formality,I
would say those mere warnings,soothsayings and
spiritual consequences enshrined in the scriptures of
religious literature compendium(bible and quran) were
to serve as a deterrence to then growing medieval
populace whose ignorance knew no limits!!!
Imagine someone said to me "I can't kill because I am
a christain"...so,if you weren't a christain, would you
kill?? these things are commonsensical!!
those who invented these "brainwashing mechanisms"
exported them to us and our love of foreign ideas and
ideologies made us assimilate them hook,sinker and
line!!!
Little wonder that the missionaries that brought
Christianity from England had converted their
auditoriums,mission houses to brothels and beer
parlours long ago..
if someone could disprove what the bible meant about
the rich men and the hardship involved in getting to
heaven with stern comparison with "donkey and needle
hole" just to justify nigerian pastors living in luxuries
while congregants were suffering, it would be
disheartening to hear arguers against premarital sex
resolve to religious frameworks to drive home their
points!!! objectivity is very much required!
I don't mean to be mean but......you are so clueless!
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I don't mean to be mean but......you are so clueless!
your point
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by cassyrooy(m): 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
FriedPlantain:
[b]I'm not a virgin but outside religious reasons, here are other reasons why I think pre-marital sex should be frowned upon. angry

1. Sex is a powerful force that can destroy if not used properly. Like atomic power, sex is the most powerful creative force given to man. When atomic power is used correctly it can create boundless energy; when it is used in the wrong way it destroys life. Sex is the same kind of powerful force. Sex is a gift from God to give us the greatest pleasure, to help in creating a deep companionship with one's spouse and for procreation of the next generation. But if you play with this powerful force outside the bounds of marriage, it destroys you and those close to you.

2.Sexual activity for young people arrests their psychological, social and academic development. It is a well known fact that when young people engage in premarital sex, their academic performance declines and their social relationships with family and friends deteriorate. This is because adolescents are too immature to deal with the explosive sex drive and it tends to dominate their life.

3. Majority of women cannot enjoy sex outside of the bonds of marriage. The development of a fulfilling sex life needs the security and peace of the marriage bond. Premarital sex usually takes place sneaking around in hidden places dealing with the fear of being caught, the fear of pregnancy and feelings of guilt. All these (worrisome) factors undermine pleasure in premarital sex, most especially for women.

4. If you date and you don't have sex, you can forget about that relationship when you stop dating. But if you have sex with those you date and then break up, the nature of sexual involvement creates strong, often unpleasant memories for your whole life. Every relationship you break up where you had intimate relations is like a mini-divorce. The psychological difficulties of these mini-divorces does damage to your character.Later, when you are married and go to bed with your beloved spouse, these unpleasant memories will accompany you.

True love waits. If a boy or girl truly loves you, they will want the best for you. They will not want you to suffer fear of disease, unwanted pregnancy and the psychological difficulties of premarital sex. They will want to experience love with you only in the very best place of all - the love nest of marriage.

friedplantain[/b]
^
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
Sleekshady:
The stigma follows you into marriage as you can never forget those whom you've had sex with before marriage and the thoughts lingers in your memory every now and then which could as well cause a psychological effect in you and your marriage.

Baby, how many marriages do u know whose future hav been threatened and whose joy and peace sapped becos either or both partners are still struggling with d stigmas of premarital sex?

So since one naive and ignorant Susana cd not get over her ex becos d guy used to give her multiple orgasms and her present husband cannot match up, it has now become a stigma abi?

Na wa oh!

I laff in ibibiocheesy
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by ghostofsparta(m): 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
MizMyColi

Interesting question, well...I've almost concluded on the outlook that it is probably only in Nigeria that sex has morphed from being a conservatively overvalued act exclusive to a variation of connubial practices peculiar to our society to a sybaritic means by which all manners of materialistic demands can thereupon be negotiated and as cherryice generalized it as an all African thing, I came to disagree on my view and that of hers since neither of us has been through the lifestyles of other non-Nigerian.

South Africans who I think are as much sexually open and expressive as most Americans may find it be displeasing...

Click HERE to read the rest
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by JahzaraAde(f): 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
So putting biblical scriptires aside...

I would hate for other men to turn to my husband and smile knowingly about how it's like to be intimate with me - intimacy with my guy will no longer be unique and special.

Also, ladies, every guy that is intimate with you leaves a bit of himself in you - I wouldn't want my husband to find brother A, brother B and brother C waiting for him.

Thirdly, (and sorry, this is quite mature), being intimate with your husband alone ensures you are the perfect fit for him. Your area will conform to his dimensions only. (Except when childbirth comes though..).

Finally, my daughters must learn to be virtuous from their mother now.
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by MizMyColi(f): 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
ghostofsparta:
M izMyColi

[b]Interesting question, well...I've almost concluded on the outlook that it is probably only in Nigeria that sex has morphed from being a conservatively overvalued act exclusive to a variation of connubial practices peculiar to our society to a sybaritic means by which all manners of materialistic demands can thereupon be negotiated and as cherryice generalized it as an all African thing, I came to disagree on my view and that of hers since neither of us has been through the lifestyles of other non-Nigerian.

South Africans who I think are as much sexually open and expressive as most Americans may find it be displeasing...

Click HERE to read the rest

Waow!
That's you featuring me on your blog!!!!
Waow again!!!
Thanks.

I agree with most of your views y'know.....Its just I'm not cool with calling christians names in a rather demeaning manner.
To each his own path.

ummm....Could you please use this link instead, for where you have my moniker I mean,, https://plus.google.com/+MizMyColi
Thanks much.
Re: Apart From Religious Reasons, Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? by ghostofsparta(m): 12:41am On Feb 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

Waow!
That's you featuring me on your blog!!!!
Waow again!!!
Thanks.

I agree with most of your views y'know.....Its just I'm not cool with calling christians names in a rather demeaning manner.
To each his own path.

ummm....Could you please use this link instead, for where you have my moniker I mean,, https://plus.google.com/+MizMyColi
Thanks much.
Done.

You're welcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Love-making Positions For Fat People (For Fat People And Their Fans Only) / When You Ask A Slay Queen To Fry You Dodo (photo) / Hot 81-year Old Woman Shows Off Her Rock Hard Abs And Six Pacs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.