Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? (34417 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? / Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 01, 2015
Ima christian with piercing

If my studd dey affect u, u cn go n die

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by pastorgodswillm(m): 12:56am On Feb 01, 2015
ABRAHAM AND HIS WIFE WITH HIS CHILDREN WORE THEM

ISAAC AND HIS HOUSEHOLD WORE IT

JACOB, MOSES, JOSHUA, DAVID, AND EVEN THE PROPHETS AND PROPHETESS. THE ENTIRE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL WORE THEM.

JESUS AND HIS DISCIPLES? THERE IS NO DIRECT RECORD THAT THEY WORE THEM

THERE IS NO SINGLE SCRIPTURE VERSE THAT CATEGORICALLY CONDEMNED MEN OR WOMEN WEARING BANGLES, EARINGS OR NECKLESS EXCEPT FOR SOME CHURCH THAT ARE TRYING TO MAKE A DOCTRINE OUT OF IT AND TRYING TO TWIST BIBLE VERSES TO MEAN THAT WEARING THEM IS WRONG.

STUDY YOUR BIBLE VERY WELL BEFORE YOU CONDEMN

2 Likes

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by sunbodan(f): 12:57am On Feb 01, 2015
No big deal
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikkie14: 12:57am On Feb 01, 2015
Jchi9876:
Go ask Oritsejafor the bling bling MOG
Exactly. I wonder what a "bling" is doing on the neck of a preacher. Well, "Not ALL that call Lord Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of God". Isn't that why Judgement will first begin at the house of God? Must we serve God and Baal? Do we need to import worldliness into the church and called it "civilization" or "swagger ism"? Some argued that "My God is a God of GRACE(God's Riches At Christ Expense) forgetting that that GRACE could turn around and become(God's Resources Against Cruel Enemies). Remember that He is a GRACIOUS God as well as a CONSUMING FIRE.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Walspring: 12:57am On Feb 01, 2015
pinkycute:
Happy new month Nlanders smiley

Back to the topi))) Yes, it's sinful

Wishing you the best in this new month too

Practice what you preach and be an example to what you say.

I dont think people will listen to you because you wore a chain and you came here to say its a sin... Its just like a man preaching to people to accept Jesus Christ but he drinks alot. Tell me will someone listen to that kind of person

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by STTITUS(m): 12:59am On Feb 01, 2015
Who am I to judge? But to me, it isn't sinful. Lord Jesus dwelled so mucn on our hearts and their relationship to God. Did you know that if you use an iphone 6 (or other expensive things) to oppress others, it is a sin? Even if it your beauty that you use unfaithfully, you have sinned. Thus, using all what you've said could be a sin when used unfaithfully.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Walspring: 12:59am On Feb 01, 2015
pastorgodswillm:

JACOB, MOSES, JOSHUA, DAVID, AND EVEN THE PROPHETS AND PROPHETESS. THE ENTIRE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL WORE THEM.

THERE IS NO SINGLE SCRIPTURE VERSE THAT CATEGORICALLY CONDEMNED MEN OR WOMEN WEARING BANGLES, EARINGS OR NECKLESS EXCEPT FOR SOME CHURCH THAT ARE TRYING TO MAKE A DOCTRINE OUT OF IT AND TRYING TO TWIST BIBLE VERSES TO MEAN THAT WEARING THEM IS WRONG.

If you read your bible very well, Am sure you will see it there.. You need to remember what Aaron did when Moses went for the 10 commandments and you remember the consequences that followed them
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 01, 2015
Everything is sinful. If you want to live like a pure Christian be a Pope or Nun.

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Jchi9876: 1:01am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Exactly. I wonder what a "bling" is doing on the neck of a preacher. Well, "Not ALL that call Lord Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of God".

The guy dey form Nigger grin
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by watchman111: 1:01am On Feb 01, 2015
DanceVille:
Majorities of our Christians nowadays do used Chains, Earrings just to show off....
Especially our Gospel artists like Tim Godfrey, Frank Edward and many others like that...But, I do ask myself WHY...

Brethrens, Is it A Sinful thing to be using all those Stuffs as a Christians?
its simple.2tim2:9..says it all
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Walspring: 1:01am On Feb 01, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Lol...

You better change because you are sending yourself to where God did not send you to
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 1:02am On Feb 01, 2015
It is a sin to be stupid
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikkie14: 1:04am On Feb 01, 2015
pastorgodswillm:

Are you really sure you can defend that statement bro? Forget about church ish here and let the fact be fact. All your quote are from the OLD despensation. No where in the NEW will you find such. Jesus is the Centre of the Bible both Old and New testament and AFTER HIM SHOULD OUR LIFE BE FASHIONED. Afterall, the Apostles were first called CHRISTian because their Life resemble that of their Master Jesus. Why a Earring in the first place? What do you stand to GAIN? It's like Strange Fire On The Altar-- it can kill.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by negbenebor(f): 1:04am On Feb 01, 2015
pinkycute:

. So it's sinful nd u re wearing a necklace nd is dat ankle chain on ur ryt leg....*sigh* I give up.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by watchman111: 1:04am On Feb 01, 2015
pastorgodswillm:

heheheh..u just due joke ni...don't justify it becos or pastor says so oh..brother if you doubt that its sinful..pray to God,and let's hear what he will say.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 01, 2015
How is it sinful? undecided lame misconception!
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by watchman111: 1:05am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Are you really sure you can defend that statement bro? Forget about church ish here and let the fact be fact. All your quote are from the OLD despensation. No where in the NEW will you find such. Jesus is the Centre of the Bible both Old and New testament and AFTER HIM SHOULD OUR LIFE BE FASHIONED. Afterall, we are called CHRISTian because their Life resemble that of their Master Jesus.
I can site many places where it was stated not to wear those things..don't mind him.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 01, 2015
negbenebor:
. So it's sinful nd u re wearing a necklace nd is dat ankle chain on ur ryt leg....*sigh* I give up.
lol! don't mind her

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Walspring: 1:06am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
Are you really sure you can defend that statement bro? Forget about church ish here and let the fact be fact. All your quote are from the OLD despensation. No where in the NEW will you find such. Jesus is the Centre of the Bible both Old and New testament and AFTER HIM SHOULD OUR LIFE BE FASHIONED. Afterall, we are called CHRISTian because their Life resemble that of their Master Jesus.

Dont mind people like him..

People like him will say drinking beer is medicinal and good for the healthy

People like him will tell you that when you beat your wife, you will go to heaven

People like him will tell you that when you commit fornication, you will go to heaven
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by watchman111: 1:06am On Feb 01, 2015
Nneka123:
How is it sinful? undecided lame misconception!
because u wear it,it isn't sinful.wait till you get to eternity na,lol..my pastor didn't tell me will not be an excuse.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Jchi9876: 1:06am On Feb 01, 2015
God is more than how we see him,He sees the hearts of men and watches our level of modesty while discouraging Christians from every form or appearance of worldliness
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Juliesexy(f): 1:06am On Feb 01, 2015
What?! There's no way earrings could be said to be used for show off! What happened to fashion? What about beauty? Don't even give me that "natural beauty" theory; it's there, yes, but...

You could say that about chains - that's if the person uses and flaunts them in a certain manner - but not earrings for Christ's sake!

Christianity, or more of, Religion, has led many people to lose track of what this life really is. It has made many souls to stop believing in themselves. I mean, must every of your actions be inclined to religion? Religion this, christianity that. Religion was made for man, man was not made for Religion! I think it's better we start going about naked, cos that's how God made us abi? Mtcheww!

In fact, it's a sin not to wear earings...JUST because of religion. Yes, I said it, and I'll say it again. Take me anywhere and I'll sure defend myself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 01, 2015
civilization has turned the table around.
wearing jewelries was once a pagan practice. The Babylonians and other pagan nations were known for this.
The Israelites borrowed same practice when they went into slavery and captivity in both Babylon and Egypt.

I think its wrong but I'm guilty.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by watchman111: 1:08am On Feb 01, 2015
pinkycute:

its sinful and you wear themmogbe oh..lol..
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Walspring: 1:08am On Feb 01, 2015
negbenebor:

I thought am the only person that observed that

1 Like

Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikkie14: 1:09am On Feb 01, 2015
sunbodan:
No big deal
It matters alot my sis. We shouldn't IMPORT worldliness and "swaggerism" into the temple of the Living God. Remember the story of Jesus purging theTemple by driving out Sellers at the temple. It meant alot. Why does thing in the first instance? Only "SLAVES" bore their ears and put the rings both in Bible days and during the "Slave Trade" period.
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 01, 2015
Walspring:

Lol...

You better change because you are sending yourself to where God did not send you to

Hahahahahahaha. I hope its not affecting u sha? Cuz if e dey affect u, na D.I.E sure pass o tongue
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Jchi9876: 1:09am On Feb 01, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

Jonsing boy
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by watchman111: 1:10am On Feb 01, 2015
Juliesexy:
What?! There's no way earrings could be said to be used for show off! What happened to fashion? What about beauty? Don't even give me that "natural beauty" theory; it's there, yes, but...

You could say that about chains - that's if the person uses and flaunts them in a certain manner - but not earrings for Christ's sake!

Christianity, or more of, Religion, has led many people to lose track of what this life really is. It has made many souls to stop believing in themselves. I mean, must every of your actions be inclined to religion? Religion this, christianity that. Religion was made for man, man was not made for Religion! I think it's better we start going about naked, cos that's how God made us abi? Mtcheww!

In fact, it's a sin not to wear earings...JUST because of religion. Yes, I said it, and I'll say it again. Take me anywhere and I'll sure defend myself.
we have a real problem here
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 01, 2015
Vikkie14:
It matters alot my sis. We shouldn't IMPORT worldliness and "swaggerism" into the temple of the Living God. Remember the story of Jesus purging theTemple by driving out Sellers at the temple. It meant alot.

Pls whats worldliness with piercing and wearing jeweries?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Vikkie14: 1:10am On Feb 01, 2015
kizmartino:
civilization has turned the table around.
wearing jewelries was once a pagan practice. The Babylonians and other pagan nations were known for this.
The Israelites borrowed same practice when they went into slavery and captivity in both Babylon and Egypt.

I think its wrong but I'm guilty.
You said it all. I concur. Only a SLAVE(both in Bible days and during the Slave trade) had their ears bore as a mark of OWNERSHIP by the master. But Christian of today, WHO OWNS YOU? WHO IS YOUR MASTER?
Re: Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 01, 2015
Jchi9876:

Jonsing boy

U say wetin? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mbaka Denies Prophesying Against Peter Obi, Heads To Monastery / Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / You Shall Not Die- Osinachi's Children Pray For Her On Her Last Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.