Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram (19082 Views)

Troops Annihilate Boko Haram Fighters In Marte, Recover Gpmgs(graphic Pic) / Boko Haram Attacks New Marte In Borno, Kills Soldiers And Civilians / Pictures Of President Jonathan In Baga And Mubi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:57am On Feb 01, 2015

Nigerian soldiers have recaptured Gwoza, a town in northeastern Borno state, from members of the Boko Haram sect.

A top security source who confirmed the development to TheCable said that Baga and Marte, also in the state, have been recaptured by a combined team of Nigerian and Chadian soldiers.

Kukawa, another Borno town, “could possibly have been recaptured as well”.

“In Dikwa, troops and the insurgents are currently in an exchange of gunfire,” he said, adding that “only Bama and Banki remain in the hands of Boko Haram”.

Boko Haram first captured Gwoza in August 2014, declaring it an Islamic caliphate.

The military fought back to recover the town, but the insurgents again seized it, as well as Chibok, in November.

http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-troops-retake-gwoza-bharam | TheCable

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:00am On Feb 01, 2015
Victory for Nigeria!

Lest the uncircumcised rejoice.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:01am On Feb 01, 2015
Lies everywhere! This govt can lie sha!!! Smh!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:01am On Feb 01, 2015
Lalasticlala, Ngwakwe, Seun una good morning o
Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:03am On Feb 01, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

You are a pathetic fellow. What a sick and disgusting comment that can only come from a depraved soul and an an enemy of the people. You'd prefer those territories not recaptured by the troops as it aids your political leanings.

You belong to the lowest of the lows.

I spit on you!!

211 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by fitzmayowa: 6:12am On Feb 01, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Why would you say this Are you in support of BH still tormenting people of those area Or are you wishing our troops fail in their attempt to recapture those area Or do you have any source that can burst the "lie(s)"

There is a thin line between campaigning and support for terrorists...Our gallant soldiers are putting their lives on the line, for you and i to be to able to stay in the comfort of our house, and all you could post is this...

I must say am highly disappointed, that you of all people would post something like this...SMH

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by apcmustwin(f): 6:15am On Feb 01, 2015
hmmmmmmm
Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by kay1one(m): 6:40am On Feb 01, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

If they tell you you're insane don't call that a lie! How night market! Pissashit!

57 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by derrick333(m): 6:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Ok,dis week is 9jà troops turn ,nxt week boko boi will occupy it again

5 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:43am On Feb 01, 2015
derrick333:
Ok,dis week is 9jà troops turn ,nxt week boko boi will occupy it again

You are an ldiot

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by kay1one(m): 6:44am On Feb 01, 2015
The size of the caliphate is reducing! Islam and its terrorist wing will soon be decimated! Moderates connive with extremists!

10 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by derrick333(m): 6:50am On Feb 01, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

You are an ldiot
Oboy dog bite u? Y d insult ?

4 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by derrick333(m): 6:53am On Feb 01, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

You are an ldiot
Shuld v check ur profile b4 rplyn u,sowi, yabaleft tinz

1 Like

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by luvinhubby(m): 6:56am On Feb 01, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
You are a lost & hopeless sadist.
No wonder people call APC boko haram sympathisers because of people like you.

God bless our gallant heroes !
God bless our C-in-C GEJ !
God bless Nigeria !
And God bless everyone that wishes Nigeria good!

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by ThisisBuhari: 7:00am On Feb 01, 2015
Fake news. This is PDP's propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by derrick333(m): 7:00am On Feb 01, 2015
kay1one:

If they tell you you're insane don't call that a lie! How night market! Pissashit!
Bros wait 1st,she lie? 9jà gvmnt no de lie?? De told us dat de v invite help4rm foreign countries ,US marine,china soldies,Russia troops,UK etc de start shwin us pix of wyt soilders , were dis soilders in 9jà at all ?? ?

2 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:02am On Feb 01, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

[s]You are a pathetic fellow. What a sick and disgusting comment that can only come from depraved soul and an an enemy of the people. You'd prefer those territories not recaptured by the troops as it aids your political leanings.

You belong to the lowest of the lows.

I spit on yo[/s]u!!

Mumu keeping living on lies!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by jayseehe(m): 7:02am On Feb 01, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Mumu keeping living on lies!!!
Men, it seems some APC supporters don't want anything good from this Government, including defeating Boko Haram.
If you know it is a lie, come up with evidence and stop disgracing APC so people won't think all APC supporters are like you.

Sai Buhari

Nairalanders, welcome to feBUHARI cool

24 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by omenka(m): 7:02am On Feb 01, 2015
I pray God it is true this time and not one of those their stories.

God bless our Military.

8 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Kelvin0(m): 7:03am On Feb 01, 2015
I had to book this space because i was on my way to church wen the thread hit front page...I will come back after service to comment.

meanwhile HAPPY NEW MONTH TO YOU ALL.
may d peace of the lord dwell in your family this month and always.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by LMAyedun(m): 7:03am On Feb 01, 2015
Some good news to start the day with..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Why would you say this Are you in support of BH still tormenting people of those area Or are you wishing our troops fail in their attempt to recapture those area Or do you have any source that can burst the "lie(s)"

There is a thin line between campaigning and support for terrorists...Our gallant soldiers are putting their lives on the line, for you and i to be to able to stay in the comfort of our house, and all you could post is this...

I must say am highly disappointed, that you of all people would post something like this...SMH

Giving false information is not the best way to support our troops! Those areas are still in the hands of Boko Haram!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 01, 2015
ok
Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by thirty1(m): 7:04am On Feb 01, 2015
Bravo smiley
Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 01, 2015
Excellent.....Boko on the run.

Down with them pigeons called Boko.....

1 Like

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 01, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
You are the biggest idiot in this generation

4 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by jorlons(m): 7:05am On Feb 01, 2015
I wouldn't blame some fellas above me who believe this news is too good to be true. We all know journalism in Nigeria has been bastardised coupled with the lies told us by the military in the past. So I'll rather wait till a more authentic source is provided.

O God pls let this be true.

2 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by NighttWalker(m): 7:05am On Feb 01, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Giving false information is not the best way to support our troops! Those areas are still in the hands of Boko Haram!
It amuses me how people like you believe any news or boko haram propaganda of having the upper hand in this war with a blink of an eye but always doubt when our military is proving them wrong....or should I say when the military is proving you guys wrong

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 01, 2015
Good one by d N.A
Say no to terrorism

4 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Nihilist: 7:05am On Feb 01, 2015
Still this charade continues

Gwoza and Baga are being passed backwards and forwards between the Army and Boko Haram.

With all the killings that happen each time the towns are 'recaptured', I don't think that they're any civilians left in those zones sef.

Let NA and BH continue playing musical chairs with empty towns...na them know...
Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 01, 2015
Good....GEJ is working

SAI GEJ till Boko Haram sympathizers (APShit) meet their fate

8 Likes

Re: Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 01, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Well....since Chad and Cameroon have joined up....plus the introduction of EX-south African special forces guys....won't be surprised if the news isn't true.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ'll Be Making A Mistake If He Thinks OBJ'll Forget What Divided Them—Babatope / UK To Pay Nigeria Compensation For Fraud In Oil And Gas Sector / Presidency Confirms Release Of Abducted Dapchi Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.