Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

The Main Reason Why I Rejected Rolls Royce 2015 Gift – Pastor Tunde Bakare - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Main Reason Why I Rejected Rolls Royce 2015 Gift – Pastor Tunde Bakare (451 Views)

ATM Installed At Pastor Tunde Bakare's Church In Lagos (Photos) / Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" / Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Main Reason Why I Rejected Rolls Royce 2015 Gift – Pastor Tunde Bakare by Starzgist1(f): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2015
Several Nigerians have criticised men of God who live in affluence while many of their church members live in penury. The usual victims of such criticism are pastors who own private jets, among other luxurious things.

Former Congress for Progressive Change vice presidential candidate and founder of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare has done what Nigerians advise pastors who claim most of the things Nigerians talk about are gifts. He rejected a Rolls Royce!

Ministering during the inauguration and commissioning of Grace and Glory Chapel in Ikeja, Lagos, Bakare said some persons brought him a 2015 model of Rolls Royce during his 60th birthday, but he outrightly rejected it, saying that he was not in need of such exotic car while majority of Nigerians are wallowing in poverty.

“I am not in need of a 2015 model of Rolls-Royce which was presented to me as a gift.

“I was sitting at home one day and they brought in a brand new 2015 Rolls-Royce into my house. My 60th birthday was coming. I looked at it, kai! This is awkward. When you open your car, your door goes this way, its own door goes that way. It clears the way so that there is nothing blocking your way.

“I saw a button. They said: it is an umbrella sir. It is on every door in case it is raining, you just push it and the umbrella comes out. I said: Na wa o. Then I said: Oya, leave this place.

“Where is the road that I will ride it upon? My heart is not in things like this. I asked my son to take a photograph of the brand new car as a proof,” the running mate of Muhammadu Buhari at the 2011 presidential election said.

“I want to see good governance. I want to see discipline. I want to see equitable distribution of resources. I want to see the poor being educated. I want to see a nation that works,” Bakare said.

“I don’t want to be a local champion in a city of the blind.”

Source: http://www.starsgist.com/why-i-rejected-rolls-royce-2015-gift-pastor-tunde-bakare/

(1) (Reply)

Hardened Heart: Did Pharaoh have a Choice ?? / The Selfless Mind Of Christ / Daily Grace Capsule | Fri.27th.march.2015 | Not At Will.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.