Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune (27968 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu In Secret Trial Courtroom As Binta Nyako Storms Out (Photos) / APC Candidates In Abuja Remove Buhari's Picture From Poster / Ameachi,tinubu In Secret Talk With PGEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by secorn: 11:19am On Feb 01, 2015
•May step down for president

AHEAD of the February 14 presidential election, nine candidates cleared by the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) for the race have begun crucial talks with the Candidate of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr Goodluck Jonathan, on the possibility of stepping down for him.

Sunday Tribune learnt that the collaboration meeting was being anchored on behalf of President Jonathan by the National Unity Group (NUG), one the support groups canvassing for his re-election.

Though the identities of the candidates and their political parties were not known as of press time, it was gathered that the meeting, which took place at a location in Abuja and lasted for several hours, with the nine candidates and the officials of NUG reportedly adjourning it till today for the candidates to brief their different political parties.

A competent source at the meeting told Sunday Tribune in confidence that after today’s final meeting, the nine candidates would make their decisions to step down from the race and team up with President Jonathan.

Confirming the development at a news conference in Abuja on Saturday, National Secretary of NUG, who is also the National Vice-Chairman of the PDP (South-South), Dr Cairo Ojougboh, said the meeting with the nine presidential candidates was with the aim of collaborating with President Jonathan and that it was cordial and fruitful.

According to him, “we are still incubating the process. What has happened today is very encouraging. We made appreciate progress. They have gone back to discuss with their political parties. The core of the meeting is collaboration for the unity and progress of the country.

“For now, it will not be proper to start naming the nine candidates involved.”
http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/28305-9-presidential-candidates-in-talks-with-jonathan

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by mymadam(m): 11:30am On Feb 01, 2015
Interesting indeed! All of a sudden, the PDP appears to have become the party in opposition. What has happened to the legendary power of incumbency? Well, we're waiting, watching & praying. Meanwhile, the hurricane of change keeps on blowing ...and I HAVE DECIDED. God bless Nigeria.

176 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 01, 2015
“I have always served
Nigeria to
the best of my ability. I have always
tried
to give more to the nation than it has
given
me. This is the principle of service
that has
guided my public life. Thus, I am not
a
rich person. I can’t give you a
pocketful of
dollars or naira to purchase your
support.
Even if I could, I would not do so.
The
fate of this nation is not up for sale.
“What I will give you, and this nation
is
all of my strength, commitment,
sweat and
toil in the service of the people.
What I
can give you is my all.
“I do not intend to rule Nigeria. I
want
to democratically govern it with your
help.
I seek a Nigeria where Christians and
Muslims may practise their faiths in
peace
and security; a Nigeria that is just
and
where corruption no longer
trespasses into
our institutions and national
behavior and a
Nigeria where our diversity could be
used
for our national prosperity.
“Nigeria is our home. Let us now
turn it
into the great nation we know it can
and
should be.”
-General Muhammadu Buhari (2014).

175 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 01, 2015
Gej till tinubu and buhari bring 'sheacow' out. wink

8 Likes

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by ofala(m): 12:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
olatunji21:
“I have always served
Nigeria to
the best of my ability. I have always
tried
to give more to the nation than it has
given
me. This is the principle of service
that has
guided my public life. Thus, I am not
a
rich person. I can’t give you a
pocketful of
dollars or naira to purchase your
support.
Even if I could, I would not do so.
The
fate of this nation is not up for sale.
“What I will give you, and this nation
is
all of my strength, commitment,
sweat and
toil in the service of the people.
What I
can give you is my all.
“I do not intend to rule Nigeria. I
want
to democratically govern it with your
help.
I seek a Nigeria where Christians and
Muslims may practise their faiths in
peace
and security; a Nigeria that is just
and
where corruption no longer
trespasses into
our institutions and national
behavior and a
Nigeria where our diversity could be
used
for our national prosperity.
“Nigeria is our home. Let us now
turn it
into the great nation we know it can
and
should be.”
-General Muhammadu Buhari (2014).

26 Likes

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
Can't wait to caste my vote for my Val

Gen Buhari

62 Likes

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by FRANCISEKE1(m): 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ok
Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by ayukdaboss(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Are these the same aspirants who weren't able to get up to 100 votes each in AIT's recent poll?? grin I'm sure they're planning on how they'll form a Caliphate in Otuoke after Jonathan is booted out.

40 Likes

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
How much they would be paid off,for a job well done,having participated as a candidate from another party.... Only in Nigeria stuffz like this happen.
Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by dynamo77(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
As expected!! I always new all these minors will end up teaming up with either PDP or APC... We Nigerians have made up our mind though... GOD bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by datguru: 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
It would be easier for a cow to pass through they eyes of a needle than for Buhari to win this election.

GEJ all the way

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by adsamsom: 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Oya now, les go there.........
Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by notoriousbabe: 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Alll of dem na feather weight.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by dmjinc(m): 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by eleojo23: 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
mymadam:
Interesting indeed! All of a sudden, the PDP appears to have become the party in opposition. What has happened to the legendary power of incumbency?
The president does not want to rely on that power because he wants to promote true democracy where politicians earn what they get instead of relying on the nigerian incumbency factor. You have to give him credit for that.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by Rilwayne001: 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
Good.

They sould join jonaTAN in his sinking ship.

I have been thinking how the ballot paper will look like with 14party on it...many voters will cast their vote for the wrong persons especially the illiterates and some old peoples.

The longer the ballot paper the more possibility of void votes and the shorter the ballot paper the less possibility of void votes.

You cant expect an illiterate or some old people to be search for the broom in a list of 13 uselesss parties, there is high possibilities of void votes.

Am totally in support of those 9 coterie of clowns party in joining the Party of Death and Pains aka PDP

13 Likes

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by ElekeNtioba: 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
Its called 'dem-all-crazy'

1 Like

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by iluvweed(m): 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by Genes1s: 1:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
fff
Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by Esdb3: 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
Upvote if you think neither Buhari nor Jonathan deserves your vote but you will just choose one of them.

And upvote means "click like".
Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by enoqueen: 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
Do they av fans before?

who know them?

only 1 buhari beat 50 candidates puts together.

February 14, my vote for my val- buhari.

ETI PO TO, ELO POSI WA.

14 Likes

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by eleko1: 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
grin PDP and Nine leprosy unknown party.Do those clowns think they can garner 1 million votes altogether?Pdp and uselessness/cluelessness walk in hands together. Shout make them hear am,SAI BUHARIIIIII grin wink cheesy grin cheesy grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by alaoeri: 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
Who are they? (The nine presidential candidates) we don't even know them. undecided

1 Like

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by tobechi20(m): 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
As anpp,ac and cpc merge,

pdp won do their own merger
Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 01, 2015
BokoHaramm:
I know a GEJ will win in FAILbuhari
ya, with all those bus conductors looking for CHANGE

1 Like

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by danduchi(m): 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
Business... I like this part of politics when there is no hope of winning,you sell out

1 Like

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by superior1: 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
[size=16pt] 9 Candidates wey no fit pull 9 votes.
[/size]
[size=14pt] Jona dey waste him time, welcome to the month of FeBuhari [/size]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by Adiwana: 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
for they shall gather in one way and scatter in seven ways
SAI BUHARI

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Presidential Candidates In Secret Talk With Jonathan - Tribune by InwehAkpevwe(m): 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
Wetin them dey talk again?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari In Kaduna To Meet With Stakeholders From The Areas Affected By The Crisis / Kiki Osinbajo Advocates Right Of Female Gender At All Level / Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.