Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode (28251 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Bola Tinubu,Fashola & Ambode / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard / I’m Contesting Against Two-&-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu,fashola,ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by argon500: 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate for Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, has berated chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for maligning him.

He spoke at the party’s rallies, which took place in Amuwo and Apapa local government areas.

“E be like say dis governorship election, na two-and-half people Jimi Agbaje dey contest against”, he stated in pidgin, referring to public attacks launched against him by APC National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Governor Babatunde Fashola and their candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode.

Describing Tinubu as the puppeteer of the two others, Agbaje said it was strange to be described as too old by people in the same 50s age bracket as himself, especially as their party presented a 72-year old as its Presidential Candidate.

Agbaje said the government was lashing back at him for exposing the cases of impunity and weakness in the administration of Lagos State.

According to Agbaje: “To do well is our children passing their exams. To do well is for poor people to have houses they can afford. To do well is for people to have a suitable environment to practice their trades and run their businesses. Whether they worked hard or not is not the issue. They have worked hard but they have failed.

“This election, this one, God has given it to us. They cannot continue. To continue is when you have passed. Have they passed or failed?” to which the huge crowd yelled “Failed!”

Agbaje said the recent spate of attacks on his person were a reflection of desperation on the part of the APC.

Speaking to a crowd at the rally ground opposite FESTAC Gate, Lagos, Agbaje used the opportunity to reply Fashola’s tirade that the he was a tax evader, too old to be Governor and that he lacked experience in public office.

“This election is not about experience but qualification. ‘Jimi Agbaje no get experience for political office, but e qualify,’ the candidate added in pidgin.

The crowd cheered as Agbaje reminded them that his critics also lacked public service experience before they took over the reins of power in the state.

“They even talk about experience. They say I don’t have government experience. Tinubu was just a Senator for three months before becoming Governor. For me what is most important is qualification and I am eminently qualified to be the Lagos Governor,” he added.

According to him, the experience that Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode could lay claim to had been rubbished in the two public debates at which the two contestants met, one organised a fortnight ago by the Archbishop Vining Memorial Church and another last week by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

“One by one, I go give them T.K.O.,” he joked.

Dismissing the tax evasion allegations levelled against him Wednesday by Fashola, Agbaje said: “Yesterday, dem say Jimi Agbaje na tax evader. But as God dey catch person, just recently, na im dem send me congratulations say I dey pay my tax well-well.”

He made reference to a letter of commendation written by the Lagos State Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Ayo Gbeleyi.

Describing all the allegations as unwarranted and malicious, Agbaje said: “My prayer be say as dem dey throw mud for my body, e no go stick to me. E go backfire!”

Addressing the salient issues bedevilling the administrating of Lagos State, Agbaje acknowledged the hardship occasioned by several policies of the government.

He assured non-indigenes that discrimination against them, their interests and their businesses would dissipate as soon as he came to power.

Contesting the government’s claim that Lagos was overcrowded and that a policy to manage the influx of strangers would be established, Agbaje said: “Trying to deport strangers from other states is like trying to stop the flow of a river with your hand. Is it possible?”

Agbaje also promised that the notorious Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) would be rebranded, not scrapped, saying, the problem with the agency was that it had derailed from its statutory duty of traffic management to imposing draconian fines on motorists in order to generate funds for the government.

He also said that as part of his human-face policies, ‘okada’ (commercial motorcyclists) would be taken into consideration in formulating policies concerning their operations.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2015/02/01/im-contesting-two-half-people-agbaje-mocks-tinubu-fashola-ambode/

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by lordcornel(m): 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
vheMa:
Who read that crab

I did and I luv him swag die... Meanwhile so far the election is free n fair let d best candidate to d people of lasgidi win... Lolz,this man n pidgin self,staunch agbero

152 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
lordcornel:

I did and I luv him swag die... Meanwhile so far the election is free n fair let d best candidate to d people of lasgidi win... Lolz,this minute n pidgin self,staunch agberos

Okay. Come again plsundecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by otukpo(f): 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
Free and fair election is what we want.

Say to to violence and electoral fraud.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by nke001: 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2015
Actually, from his punchlines, he is giving them T.K.O.

I see the half-man being Knocked Out in less than 10sec. of of round 1.
Somebody please call_NEMA now.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Flets: 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
Agbaje is taking Lagos... No arguments.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
13 Days to Buhari's anointing

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2015
this aspirant make brain die! he should get into Lagos and make that wasteland a place to survive Fashola is just a noisy masquerade.

No offence, please. Fashola and Yoruba people, who make noise pass?

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by nwabekeyi101: 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
Scamgbaje!

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by MayorofLagos(m): 7:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
This election is not about experience but qualification. ‘Jimi Agbaje no get experience for political office, but e qualify,’ the candidate added in pidgin.

Interpretation: Agbaje will be a tool for much experienced PDP political godfathers to push around while he is learning on the job.

He assured non-indigenes that discrimination against them, their interests and their businesses would dissipate as soon as he came to power.

Lagos State has never discriminated against non-indigenes. If Lagos State has deported Ibos, it has equally deported Yorubas and Hausas. Sanitation exercise in Lagos is a legacy....way back in the times of Lagos City Council and its no-nonsense health inspectors (wole-wole). The tradition ceased after the reformation of the municipality and relocation of State capital. 1984, under Buhari regime and the new WAI mandates, Lagos State picked backup on community sanitation exercise. In his remark above Agbaje tacitly made reference to Ladipo auto parts market. The traders at Ladipo were flagrant violators of laws to which every community in Lagos is expected to abide by. They were warned severally and the consequence of continued violations were laid before them. Their contention was as Nigerians they were free to live anywhere and operate their business in the manner they deemed fit with no unecessary supervision from anyone. This is why they were shut down.

Agbaje is inferring at this rally staged for Ibos that it was wrong for the State Government to regulate sanitation or trade or community welfare and well being.

This is the wrong guy to have as Governor in Lagos. This guy should go and seek gubernatorial office in Iboland where they want to trade free of regulation and supervision.

In Lagos, we have laws and customs....no one is exempted and in contrary to Agbaje's sermon, Lagos State does not discriminate in its social policies....it treats everyone fairly and is not shy od telling people to their face to get the hell out and return to their village if they are unwilling to live by its rule.

Kick Agbaje to the side.
Help me vote Ambode for GOVERNOR OF LAGOS.

If they ask who said so, tell them Mayor did!

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by delpee(f): 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
As Tinubu is to Ambode so are Obanikoro/Bode George/ Ogunlewe to Agbaje.

God will lead us to the right path.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Ama80(f): 7:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
vheMa:
Who read that crab
I did and I love dat.u ve got problem wt dat?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by MayorofLagos(m): 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
Tell Agbaje his company is a tax dodger!

Lagos is progressing because the government is using the tax revenue to expand amenities and improve society.

Agbaje has promised to remove bridge toll, to give free this and free that and reduce this and reduce that......if he becomes governor this tax dodger will return Lagos to the days of dependency on oil allocation. He will excuse tax dodgers like himself and turn to oil money to cover the budget deficits.

Lagos State and its indigenes believes strongly in the rights of natives to their land. We want and advocate for Deltans and oil producing states to keep a much higher percentage of the resource derivation to develop their own region and people. This belief was integrated into policy beginning in the administration of Governor Tinubu and continued with Governor Fashola. For over a decade Lagos State has diversified its income stream and the budget is independent of allocations from Abuja. The result of this ingenous idea is evident in the place and status of Lagos today compared to 15yrs ago when its income was sourced from Federal government.

Agbaje, by killing off these streams of revenue will reverse progress. He will divert and stray away from the support and activism of our leaders to give to oil producing people what belongs to them.

Kick the tax dodger to the curb!

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by kelvinginzie: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ambode2015

I have my pvc

53 Likes

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Descartes: 7:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
When he speaks the puppeteers tremble.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by raumdeuter: 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2015
What of Ogunlewe Bode George and Obanikoro? Or they dont add up to one person?

34 Likes

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by alaoeri: 7:53pm On Feb 01, 2015
Imagine a trial & error candidate, a no testing candidate without any record of public office blabbing. Jimi you go hear am on 28th of February.

38 Likes

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by hedonistic: 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
delpee:
As Tinubu is to Ambode so are Obanikoro/Bode George/ Ogunlewe to Agbaje.

That's not true. Like Fashola, Ambode was completely unknown before Tinubu plucked him out of his dirty nose and threw him at hapless Lagosians. Ambode is a complete and undeniable slave to Tinubu; he was created by Tinubu and owes his 100% allegiance to Tinubu.

On the other hand, Jimi Agbaje is a self-made man who has been well known and well loved by Lagosians since 2007. He only needed a big and strong platform like the PDP, and that platform was provided by Jonathan (not necessarily Bode George) based on numerous reports the president was receiving about Agbaje's popularity with the masses. The president considered him an asset to the PDP and duly asked Bode George and Co to do the needful.. To that extent the likes of Bode George and Ogunlewe are merely vessels used to bring the masses wish to fruition. They did not 'create' the phenomenon known as Jimi Agbaje and they cannot claim to be his godfathers or masters in any way.

The masses created Jimi Agbaje, and so the masses are his real Godfathers - to whom he owes all allegiance. That's a wonderful thing if you ask me.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by bamidele029: 8:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
He should keep blabbing but he should know that his kirikiri graduate father Bode George cannot rig this election like he did for Jimi at the primaries

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by asadike(f): 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
cheesy lol. D pidgin governor, I love this

3 Likes

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by lordcornel(m): 8:05pm On Feb 01, 2015
vheMa:

Okay. Come again plsundecided

Lolz sorry about that,I meant this man and pidgin..
Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by sugarboii(m): 8:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
lol

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Ojiofor: 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2015
[quote author=sugarboii post=30337372]lol[/quote
Hehe hehe buhari dey hide for inside ba shiga

8 Likes

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Kororugged: 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
nwabekeyi101:
Scamgbaje!
lol

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chai I just weak....

Like my people in Lagos Island will say....

Agbaje kor, Ogbanje ni

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
chai! chai!, see smackdown.. see finishing, you mean 2 and ah 1/2...as in two and ah half....?,.. ah done die. grin

4 Likes

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Kentrasso(f): 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
Lol. He's right

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
50 likes for jimi agbaje n pdp

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by lilbazy(m): 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
Jimi agbaje for change...president jonathan for continuity...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by HACKPASTOR(m): 10:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
FOOLS

Youth are the Future and Leader Of Any Country, let Come together as Youth and Fight for our Right.

So join Us Here.
Youth Progressive Forum

Twitte: http://twitter.com/YPF2015

Facebook Page: http://faceboook.com/Youthprogressiveforum

Facebook Group: https://m./780999631979648?refid=27

NOTE: Youth is the Change that any Country has been Waiting For !!!
Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by badttrader(m): 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
Who is the half
Re: I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode by lalasticlala(m): 10:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
badttrader:
Who is the half

Tinubu I suppose

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS Releases Afolabi Akanni, Hospitalised / Pictures Of President Buhari And Geoffrey Onyeama At The African Finance Summit / Umahi Orders Engineers To Commence Work At Akadoro Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.