Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari (20712 Views)

Sex Scandal: Resign Or Be Recalled, Lawyers Tell Reps / Stealing Same As Corruption, Lawyers Tell Jonathan / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
Some constitutional lawyers have urged the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), to participate in the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria organised election debate.

The APC presidential campaign had said in a statement on Thursday, signed by Mr. Garba Shehu, Director Media and Publicity of the APC Presidential Campaign Organisation, in Abuja, that its candidates would stay away from the event because of the unhidden bias of the organisers of the programme against the corporate political interest of the APC.

On Friday, one of the lawyers, Mr. Tayo Oyetibo, told SUNDAY PUNCH that, “There is nothing unconstitutional in presidential debates. Everybody has a freedom of speech, but the fact remains that the people need to know who their prospective or potential president is, by way of intellectual engagement.

“They can nominate their representatives to go on board, but they should not deprive Nigerians of their views on the crucial issues that will be informative to the people. I think it is in their interest for their candidate to participate.”

He also said people could easily spot partial questions and that questions put to one person should be put to the other. According to him, it is important that every candidate should face Nigerians.

“Nigerians want to know who their candidates are; they have been talking generally without being specific on issues. They should be able to expand their theory, conception, views, mission and vision.

“This is the opportunity to narrow down to specifics so that people can assess them. As at today, there are still a large number of voters that are undecided, whether they should vote for A or B,” Oyetibo added.

Similarly, another lawyer, Mr. Fred Agbaje said boycotting the debate would only go to show that Buhari does not have solutions to Nigeria’s problems.

Agbaje said, “I think he should have participated in that debate. Some of the questions might be embarrassing and he could tell them he would not answer them.

“He has to participate; majority of Nigerians will see it as if he is running away from it. It (boycotting) will further affect his political career because Nigerians will see it as if he does not have solutions to Nigeria’s problem, or that he is arrogant.
http://www.punchng.com/news/participate-in-debate-lawyers-tell-buhari/

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
How can someone who doesn't have a certifcate participate in an intellectual debate? grin grin grin

[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by minifuworld: 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
did jonathan participate in the 2011 debate?

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by datguru: 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
He must oo

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by olusolaj(m): 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
At age 73 u wan force buhari into debate?
God dey o.
I just dey pity the old man.

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by Kororugged: 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
MEDICINE AFTER DEATH

The General has agreed to debate with GEJ at Channels TV. The date is set for February 3rd 2015.

This is the first time in Nigeria's democratic history where the incumbent government is acting like the opposition party.

I wonder why?

Sai Baba, Sai Buhari. In IBB's voice- A General is always a General grin grin

133 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by searay(m): 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
I'm tired of commenting on Buhari issue.

Well, all I can say is
[size=60pt]GEJ. TILL 2019 AND BEYOND[/size]

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by free2ryhme: 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
grin grin

If you want Buhari to participate in Debate, i t should be a debate organized by a neutral body like NBA, NANS , NMA , not the AIT.BON & NtA remote controlled by Femi Fanikayode and teleguided by Metuh .

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by mekaboy(m): 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
minifuworld:

So dont start killing youth corpers if what happened in 2011 repeats.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by dunkem21(m): 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ha

2 Likes

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by siegfried99(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
Tell'em

2 Likes

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by dhardline(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
What do you want him to say in a debate of about 30mins when we know that he only spoke for a total of 57mins in 35 states? undecided undecided

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by jkendy(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
What I stil don't understand is why 'The People's General' seems to be afraid or shy to stand before a group of people not more than two hundred heads to tell Nigerians his plans for the nation.
If he's able to tour the entire country, standing before thousands, what is the reason for refusing to honour such invitation

Must he be compelled to tell us how he plans to 'deal' with us if eventually he manages to find himself on the seat of power

Shame dey catch me 4 sum pipu o!!!!!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by Goziesonsam(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
Was he trying to by cut the debate. #failbuhari

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by Firefire(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
what will Buhari say?

I will pight kworoption

I will plobe the looters

Osibade and Chibuzor Amaechi will all join me to pight the pight

Heeey Feee Ceeee

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by Blackchampion(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
minifuworld:
Is dis an excuse or what? Huh?
#Buharishowyourcertificateandparticipateonthedebate

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by adrainuche(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
All this election matter abeg I dun tire...

4 Likes

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by tundeayo2020: 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2015
nansense... Next

4 Likes

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by xmich(m): 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by elbinmanny(m): 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
grin cheesy

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by brainpulse: 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
Whether he participate in the debate or not we are voting for him. Even if Buhari runs away and says he is not contesting again, we will find him out and vote for him.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by Jerry24kay(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
grin grin grin am sure they had the same Coke !! FEB3 watch channels .....

16 Likes

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Is it written in the constitution that someone must debate if he is contesting for any political appointment?

Silly lawyers

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by brainpulse: 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Wind of Change... Wind of Destiny Prayer

O Lord let your Wind of change blow out and destroy every enemies that have transformed into poverty and problems in my life.
O Lord let your Wind of change turn around every Situations for Good in my life.
O Lord enough of mediocre Jobs with small wage and transforming from one to another, I need change for better Job and increment IJN.
O Lord I don't want to be transformed from one face me house to another, I need change to a better duplex accommodation .
O Lord I don't want to be transformed from walking to bicycle riding, I want change to a better 4 wheel SUV drive
O Lord, You CHANGED the Levels of Mordecai in the eyes of Haman, change my levels today for good among kings and princes.
O Lord, You CHANGED the name and situation of Jebez for good and his later was better than the beginning, O lord change my today for good
O Lord as You changed Jericho's water from bitterness to sweetness, Change every source of bitterness to Sweetness in my life.
O Lord David was changed from working and eating in the wilderness to Palace, Change my position in life to higher ground.
O Lord change my barrenness to fruitfulness as you changed Hannah and Sarah's stories of life barrenness over night to testimonies.
O Lord I need a change that will let by friends, families and Neighbours sing song of victories for me is want I want, O God give to me
O Lord cause the life of anybody that says change will not be Possible in my life to be transformed to Leprosy in the order of Gehazi

Add your prayer points for CHANGE. SAI BUHARI

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by siegfried99(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
# this land is not for sale #

grin
Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by efilefun(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
GMB/PYO2015

26 Likes

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by tundeayo2020: 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
How can someone who doesn't have a certifcate participate in an intellectual debate? grin grin grin

[size=25pt]#BuhariShowYourCertificate[/size]
do you want a madam PPN repetition?

1 Like

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by Eastherbunny(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
minifuworld:

Shut up your mouth and go to sleep.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Whethr buhari participate or nt.wel, i dnt giv a damn. Cos it doesnt stop me frm vtng 4 im. Ys i owe u mai vote Gmb. Is jst tht m' tird of Jonathan govt.Btw, nt that d guy no try woh bt shey nah only im waka cum ni?..7yrs nd stil nofin 2 cal ohm abt.. ALL I NEED IS #CHANGE.. CLICK LIKE 4 GMB , SHARE 4 GEJ

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by holatin(m): 10:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
the most famous pdp mouth piece don post topic again.
when Jonathan ran in 2011, we no hear anything but now buhari boycott due to biasism (****) of the organizers body, you made it news.

Nigeria- the country of intelligent fooled by fool.

buhari for President

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by okon11: 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
He is not qualified to be President so their is no reason for him to attend
#BuhariShowYourCertificate

IBB Explains Why He Has Not Remarried 5 Years After Losing His Wife
Source: http://e reporter.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/2947-ibb-explains-why-he-has-not-remarried-5-years-after-losing-his-wife

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Participate In Debate, Lawyers Tell Buhari by Ovie56(m): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
kk

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC Can Not Conduct Kogi And Bayelsa Elections: Femi Falana / Niger State Youths Protest Against Bad Roads, Block Incoming Vehicles / 2023: Lagos APC Leaders To ‘Plead’ 2nd Term For Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.